OOC Shadow Over the Plains (For Everything Else) - Page 7 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Haryn: Where Gods Tread
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 08-04-2018, 12:13 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2550
DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin
Quote:
Originally Posted by kymrel View Post
You may want to check out the casting time for Prayer of Healing. It takes 10 minutes to cast, if I recall correctly and because of that it is useless in combat.
@The Rat Queen - Kymrel is correct. Prayer of Healing is an out of combat healing spell because it takes 10 minutes to cast. Healing spells are limited to Cure Wounds and Healing Word (bonus action). Cure Wounds heals 1d8 per level + Wisdom modifier + Life divinity bonusmore, but requires you to touch the person, while Healing words is a 30 ft range that heals 1d4 per level + Wisdom modifier + Life divinity bonusless but is only a bonus action. You can also Channel Divinity which is an action and you can spread 15 points of healing across anyone within 30 feet of you. If you would like to swap out a spell for Healing Words I am fine with that.
Old 08-04-2018, 01:27 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 575
PeasOfCrab PeasOfCrab PeasOfCrab PeasOfCrab PeasOfCrab PeasOfCrab
Good Homebrew, imo, DarkPaladin.

Blade Flourish you only get one of anyways no matter what, so it seemed silly to me that they'd make two-weapon fighting mechanically inferior instead of just using the same language as the special barbarian attack effects for just the first attack hitting on a turn.
Old 08-04-2018, 08:33 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin DarkPaladin
@The Rat Queen - I would suggest channel divinity and add a spiritual weapon, if it matters.
Old 08-04-2018, 08:44 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5120
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman
Since the channel can only heal to half hp max, it looks like Liam (6 hp) and Mel (1 hp) are the only ones low enough to benefit right now. I'm going to go ahead and post assuming Dain gets no healing.
Old 08-04-2018, 10:09 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Waiting to see what Rat Queen does with her changed action - my guess it is either heal Liam with CW or Channel Divinity+Spiritual Weapon.
Old 08-05-2018, 08:34 AM
Creature of the Deep

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4993
Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith
Sorta waiting on Rat to see if I get a heal or not. Dependent on that, Liam will either cure wounds on himself or keep poking away at the fishmen.
Old 08-05-2018, 10:52 AM
In partial shambles.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9635
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Sorry, I was gone all day yesterday. I'll change the action.

I did go with Channel Divinity. I wish I could've gotten more people with a heal, but Liam was in pretty bad shape. Can't attack with the spiritual weapon this round, but maybe it'll distract the fishman.

Last edited by The Rat Queen; 08-05-2018 at 11:07 AM.
Old 08-05-2018, 11:25 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
@the Rat Queen - You get to pick a square where the spiritual weapon appears and make an attack.
Old 08-05-2018, 11:33 AM
In partial shambles.

Tools
User Statistics
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
I used my action to do Channel Divinity, and bonus to cast the spell. I still get to attack?

Cause I'm totally on board with immediate fish bashing action!

Last edited by The Rat Queen; 08-05-2018 at 11:33 AM.
Old 08-05-2018, 12:04 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman
Yup, the casting of the spell includes its first attack.
Quote:
When you cast the spell, you can make a melee spell attack against a creature within 5 feet of the weapon.
Old 08-05-2018, 09:07 PM
In partial shambles.

Tools
User Statistics
Okay, bashed Fishie 1! Didn't kill him, but it messed him up.
Old 08-08-2018, 12:22 AM
Illithid Eater

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1819
Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser Anthrueser
With the fish men now essentially routed and on the run, am I free to post as Bran or should I wait for Vy and Mel to see if they attack?
Old 08-08-2018, 12:39 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
DarkPaladin said we were pretty much free to wrap it up. I didn't mean to bring the game to a grinding halt for two days... I just thought Dain would take the swing.
Old 08-08-2018, 12:47 AM
In partial shambles.

Tools
User Statistics
I doubt Mel would attack when they're in full route.
Old 08-08-2018, 01:36 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthrueser View Post
With the fish men now essentially routed and on the run, am I free to post as Bran or should I wait for Vy and Mel to see if they attack?
Yes, please do. Combat is over and fishie's have escaped. Please continue with the fallout!