Game Thread Wrecks on the rocks - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Time and Tide
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 02-05-2019, 05:06 AM
MrD's Avatar
MrD MrD is offline
Give it up perp!
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-23-2020
RPXP: 13176
MrD MrD MrD MrD MrD MrD MrD MrD MrD MrD MrD
Posts: 5,215
Four against two. Gandus weighed the odds. Two well armored against four with only rags to protect them. He screwed his lips up in thought. If he were a betting man... The bearded strangers threat was one born of confidence. He was not phased by his foes greater numbers. He was not threatened by their less believable threats and boarding pikes. Then there was the quiet one. Equally confident in his bearing yet wielding no obvious weapon. What kind of man would stand so obviously outnumbered and still remain so calm - was that a smirk on his lips. A mage then or maybe one of those fighting monks? Either way his unarmed confidence rang alarm bells with Gandus. It's the quiet ones you've gotta watch. He leaned back and looked at his new found comrades, he wondered if they saw the same as him. If he were a betting man...

Still there was only one option, as far as he was concerned, stay here and let those below fight it out. Whatever the result there would be less left for them to deal with, or parley with. It would be a good spectacle and the four of them had VIP box seats. He rolled back and peeked down again... and while he waited he'd check out the pre-match entertainment. Who was the woman tied on the ground, his eye's ran over her soft curves, how long had it been.. She moved, and he felt his heart beat a little faster...

OOC
Dice Stay Hidden:
1d20-2 (7)-2 Total = 5
Dice Appraise - the woman:
1d20+0 (3)+0 Total = 3


Gandus is not going to do anything. He will reappraise the situation when the odds are better
__________________
"Death isn't the handicap it used to be"
"You Heave I'll Ho"

Last edited by MrD; 02-05-2019 at 05:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 02-05-2019, 06:11 AM
Cedric's Avatar
Cedric Cedric is offline
Trial by stone!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-27-2020
RPXP: 24795
Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric
Posts: 5,527
His first instinct is to drop down, keeping out of sight while this played out below. Knowing the slavers would have no qualms about killing them or even try and shift the attention of the armored men towards them he agrees with Haluk and keeps quiet for now.

His attention is drawn towards the two men and the bound woman behind them, at first glance it seemed as if she was a prisoner of the two men, unless the slavers had captured here and the two were here to save her?
Either way he was willing to let this play out a bit longer before deciding upon if he should assist the duo or not.
Not that he's in any shape to fight.

He glances at the armored men, one with weapons drawn, the other seemingly unarmed he looks for any sign of insignia or something that gives away their affiliation.

Stealth
Dice Roll:
1d20 9

Perception on the two men, any insignias, coat of arms or even a trinket (necklace, brooch etc.) that shows their affiliation or religion?
Dice Roll:
1d20+5 (20)+5 Total = 25
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-11-2019, 02:15 PM
Jarl11's Avatar
Jarl11 Jarl11 is offline
We The North
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-27-2020
RPXP: 25393
Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11
Posts: 7,432
Ayva had kept quiet while they trudged up the never-ending hill. Wet and dripping her arms wrapped around skinny shoulders to keep in what warmth she could. It was little comfort. She silently debated if the ship's hold had been a better fate.

Cresting the rise, the catfolk took heart in what she saw. It wasn't the building in the distance or the rising mountain ahead - it was the forest and the slopes; nature in its full beauty. Indeed the whole scene reminded her of the island where she had grown, causing her swollen heart to also ache. Again, she remained silent other than the occasional sigh at inconsistent relief through shelter from the rain and winds or a hiss at a twisted ankle and sliding rock.

"Shhh." Ayva hissed through clenched teeth as they came upon the scene below them. Her yellow eyes shot daggers at the sailors as she hunched to the ground. Immediately, Ayva wanted to see the bearded man and his unarmed companion cut through the four with pikes. Claws scratched at the ground in hope to see them impaled.

It was only a moment later, as they spoke about the woman, that she sought out the tied figure. Being captured was not pleasant - this she knew. Yet she did not know this woman and they stood little chance against the armed company below.

Yes, let them kill each other. After we can see why they tied her up.

OOC
Dice Perception:
1d20+2 (18)+2 Total = 20

Dice stealth:
1d20+3 (14)+3 Total = 17

Dice sense motive on the folks below to get an impression of their character:
1d20+0 (10)+0 Total = 10
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02-26-2019, 02:29 PM
Caveman's Avatar
Caveman Caveman is offline
Pure Scotch beef.
Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-16-2019
RPXP: 4695
Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman
Posts: 2,686
As the band of escapees watch the scene below, the expected violence erupts. Snarling the leading slaver swipes at the bearded man with his boarding pike, and the sailor's reflexes aren't quite enough to save him as the barbed club rips a line of blood across his chest. Snarling he draws his cutlass and then growls a series of syllables that make the air around him crackle. His initial swipe with the blade goes wide, but the backhand return bites into the slaver who had hit him. The strike of the blade would have been unpleasant, but not deadly - however as it hits there is an audible crackle, and the cutlass seems to send a jolt through the man which sends him sprawling backwards, unconscious and with blood pouring from his nose and mouth. Behind him his companion, apparently unarmed, takes a step back and reaches under his cloak. His arm comes up and the explosion that erupts from it is enough to shake rocks from the hillside and send a stream of them bouncing down and into the crowd below, striking a few of the slavers as the roll. Ayva and Haluk clearly spot metal in the man's hands. The second slaver meanwhile has clearly been affected somehow by whatever the man has done as blood is pooling on his shirt. He's not down yet though, and he and his three remaining companions close with the cutlass-wielder, but fail to connect as their now downed companion did.

The dislodged stones that the explosion triggered draw the watchers' attention to the boulders along the ridge - a few are certainly loose enough that they might be moved to roll down on the fight below if the slaves were strong or smart enough...

OOC: One slaver down, one injured, one of the pair of well dressed men injured.
If anyone wants to try and roll rocks on the men below you can attempt a strength, Dex or Intel check - success will result in scaling damage to some or all below...
__________________
Iron DM 2008 (Runner-up)
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-28-2019, 06:04 AM
HenryLockwood's Avatar
HenryLockwood HenryLockwood is offline
Barbarus sum
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-26-2020
RPXP: 16727
HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood
Posts: 8,888
Haluk was almost at the end of his strength, and knew that standing to fight would be a terrible idea. That said, heavier rocks falling, as if by accident, might weaken the strangers: and if they could injure both sides, letting them kill each other would make the survivors easier to deal with. Though Haluk did not bear the others any particular malice, weeks in the slave-hold had changed him: he would do whatever it took to survive.

OOCTrying to spot the rocks that, if dislodged, will cause more to start tumbling. Push the right small rock, rather than the wrong large one.
Dice Intelligence:
1d20 18
__________________
An Englishman is not adapted to this heat.
Maps for Wrath
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 03-01-2019, 09:11 AM
MrD's Avatar
MrD MrD is offline
Give it up perp!
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-23-2020
RPXP: 13176
MrD MrD MrD MrD MrD MrD MrD MrD MrD MrD MrD
Posts: 5,215
Gandus licked his lips the fight below seemed destined to change the odds and the way the injuries were stacking up on either side it was changing the odds against both. An explosion rocked the hillside. Dislodged rocks and dirt tumbled down on the fighters below. Gandus ducked back behind the ridge. His hand caught a rock sitting on the cliff edge and he felt it move. Quizzically he pushed it with a finger. It rocked forward and then slowly rocked back. "Dangerous" he whispered. A rock like that falling from a height could seriously hurt someone. He caught Haluks eye. It was obvious the Hobgoblin was having the same idea. With a finger outstretched he pushed on the loose rock. It tilted forward until it reached the point of no return and then he pushed it all the way over. A look of feigned shock crossed his face.

"Whoops" he mouthed silently at Haluk. "Did I do that?"

He didn't need to look. He could hear the rock crashing down the slope, gathering other rocks with it as it tumbled and bounced its way down. Still, curiosity made him peek, and with a sly grin on his face he pulled himself to the lip of the cliff and peered down.


OOC
Dice STR:
1d20+0 (16)+0 Total = 16
__________________
"Death isn't the handicap it used to be"
"You Heave I'll Ho"

Last edited by MrD; 03-01-2019 at 09:33 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 03-04-2019, 08:54 AM
Cedric's Avatar
Cedric Cedric is offline
Trial by stone!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-27-2020
RPXP: 24795
Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric
Posts: 5,527
Florian ducks back down as the explosion erupts from one of the men below, mouthing a curse he notices that both the hobgoblin and the man are working on some loose rocks with the intent on sending them rolling down towards the fight. With another, more explicit curse escaping his lips he finds himself forced to act with them, so he uses his boarding pike as a leverage on a larger rock that he hopes will crush the slavers. He just hopes the other two will think better of them if they manage to crush only the slavers...

Int to roll the stones.
Dice Roll:
1d20+1 (2)+1 Total = 3
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-08-2019, 09:01 AM
Jarl11's Avatar
Jarl11 Jarl11 is offline
We The North
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-27-2020
RPXP: 25393
Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11
Posts: 7,432
She ticked off one finger. One down. Three fingers remained on one side and two on the other.

Ayva was content to let the drama unfold and see where it landed. She had no stakes in either side, except for survival. Shaking her head, she realized that she was lying to herself. The slavers need to die. I am on the side of the well-dressed men it appears.

The others began pushing rocks and at first she sat forward uncertain if she should push more, distance herself from her companions or wait to see the effects. With a cat's look of annoyance, she scowled at her ex-slave companions. She didn't begrudge them their choice, only she hoped it was not made prematurely.

Instead of aiding or hindering, Ayva decided to simply watch the events play out while doing her best to remain unseen, peeking her feline eyes over to watch the rocks roll and the fighters fight.

OOC
Dice perception:
1d20+2 (10)+2 Total = 12

Dice stealth:
1d20+3 (3)+3 Total = 6
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-08-2019, 10:05 AM
Caveman's Avatar
Caveman Caveman is offline
Pure Scotch beef.
Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-16-2019
RPXP: 4695
Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman
Posts: 2,686
As the slaves look down on the gully and the battle starting to unfold below, three of them take advantage of their terrain and move to crush the slavers along with these new men with rolling boulders. Between them Haluk and Gandus spot a small collection of precarious rocks on the very edge, and together they quickly knock away the support rocks and then Gandus propels one of the bigger boulders off the edge. Despite Florian's efforts the largest boulder doesn't move, but nonetheless as they hoped, the medium boulder picks up speed, and as it rolls it knocks new stones loose until a small landslide has been formed. Looking up at the sound of crashing rocks, the faces of the fighters below take on expressions of fear and anger just as the side of the hill hits them and they disappear in a cloud of dust, shouts and screams ringing through the gully.

At the edge of the cliff, Ayva's sharp eyes see the edge start to give way just in time to step back - but the other three are less fortunate, and the crumbling debris starts to slide beneath their feet...

OOC: All except Ayva roll a reflex save to avoid slipping down the slope DC 10 - fail and take 1d10 non lethal damage, and end up prone at the bottom of the gully. The men below (and any who fall) are in full concealment for the moment from the dust cloud.
__________________
Iron DM 2008 (Runner-up)

Last edited by Caveman; 03-08-2019 at 04:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-11-2019, 05:20 AM
MrD's Avatar
MrD MrD is offline
Give it up perp!
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-23-2020
RPXP: 13176
MrD MrD MrD MrD MrD MrD MrD MrD MrD MrD MrD
Posts: 5,215
Gandus felt a sudden sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach. He'd hoped the tumbling rocks would take other rocks with them as they fell, and they had, turning the hillside into an avalanche of death and destruction. Unfortunately, he hadn't considered these other rocks might be the ones underpinning the earth, and grass, layer on which he lay, but they were, and now that layer was crumbling. "Oh....Sweet Jeee......" He tried to slide backwards away from the edge but it was too late. He scrabbled frantically to hold himself back but to no avail. The crumbling cliff tipped him headlong over the edge and in a flurry of dirt and shale he began the steep sided decent to the valley below. A few seconds later he hit the bottom with a sickening crunch. Everything went black.

OOC
Dice Fly my pretties - reflex save vs DC10:
1d20-2sch10 (8)-2 Total = 6
Dice Nonlethal damage:
1d10 6


Gandus is unconscious.

__________________
"Death isn't the handicap it used to be"
"You Heave I'll Ho"

Last edited by MrD; 03-11-2019 at 05:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 03-11-2019, 09:48 AM
HenryLockwood's Avatar
HenryLockwood HenryLockwood is offline
Barbarus sum
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-26-2020
RPXP: 16727
HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood
Posts: 8,888
Haluk
Dice Reflex:
1d20-1sh10 (17)-1 Total = 16
teetered on the edge, as the ground gave way beneath him. He reached out for the nearest thing to steady himself, shoving himself backwards to the ground. Unfortunately, that "nearest thing" was Gandus, and the hobgoblin only managed to push the man down the slope, along with the rocks.

I hope he knocks one of them over, at least, Haluk thought to himself. He picked himself up, picking up a small rock as he did so: it would be good to have something to throw if the fighters started charging up the hill at them.
__________________
An Englishman is not adapted to this heat.
Maps for Wrath

Last edited by HenryLockwood; 03-11-2019 at 09:50 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 03-11-2019, 09:48 AM
Jarl11's Avatar
Jarl11 Jarl11 is offline
We The North
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-27-2020
RPXP: 25393
Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11
Posts: 7,432
Ayva watched with unblinking eyes, paralyzed as the hill slid out from under her colleagues. Men. They think that every problem can be solved with a rock. Gandus scrambled at the sliding earth to no avail. It was like a carriage wreck that you could see coming and there was nothing to be done about it. Or was there?

She looked to the nearest man and made a quick leap to grab his legs and pull him from tipping over the edge.

As soon as the rubble was at the bottom and a dust cloud covered the scene, Ayva shuffled, head low several feet to the right in an attempt to hide from any looking for a cause of the disturbance, and to distance herself from the foolhardy men.

OOC
Dice aid another on the reflex to whomever can use +2 if it works:
1d20+1sh10 (16)+1 Total = 17

Dice stealth to not be seen as the one that let the avalanche loose:
1d20+3 (20)+3 Total = 23
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 03-11-2019, 01:13 PM
Cedric's Avatar
Cedric Cedric is offline
Trial by stone!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-27-2020
RPXP: 24795
Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric
Posts: 5,527
"Atta boy!" Florian hissed in triumph as he was finally able to pry the stone loose, but something was seriously wrong, the stone wasn't moving or was it the other way around? Was the stone moving and Florian with it? With a gasp he suddenly realized the ground itself was in motion and before he was able to let out a curse he was swept with it.

Trying to stay on his feet and somehow tip-toe down with the avalanche he could only curse himself for the folly of their plan.

The Reflex!
Dice Roll:
1d20 9


....aaaand Non lethal damage......
Dice Roll:
1d10 6

Last edited by Cedric; 03-11-2019 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Non lethal dmg added
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03-13-2019, 03:09 PM
Caveman's Avatar
Caveman Caveman is offline
Pure Scotch beef.
Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-16-2019
RPXP: 4695
Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman
Posts: 2,686
With the edge of the cliff giving way, Ayva manages to react quickly enough to reach a hand out and pull Florian back from the edge. Beside him Haluk's hand does something similar to Gandus, but the effect is quite the opposite. Haluk's cry as he disappears down the slope in a cloud of dust is cut short and when the rumble of rockfall is silenced the dust cloud below hides all from sight. There is a low moaning sound - a single voice only, but no other hint of life from below...

OOC: Actions? The dust hides everything in the gully at the moment, but is settling. A full round action and a DC 5 acrobatics will get you safely to the bottom, while 2 full round actions will get you there back the way you came...or something else?
__________________
Iron DM 2008 (Runner-up)
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 03-14-2019, 04:56 AM
MrD's Avatar
MrD MrD is offline
Give it up perp!
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-23-2020
RPXP: 13176
MrD MrD MrD MrD MrD MrD MrD MrD MrD MrD MrD
Posts: 5,215
The courtroom began to fill. Gandus was led up the steps into the dock. Incoherent conversation reached his ears. Try as he might he couldn't make out what was being said. He tried to look to the jury as they filed in but he couldn't turn his head their faces were obscured, misted, as he could only see them from the corner of his eye, their features, and identities indistinct. Then the judge was there but it was his old master from the locksmiths, gavel raised, finger pointing, "GUILTY" the gavel fell with a crack. Rough hands grabbed him and pulled him, stumbling, down the wooden steps - all went black....

More steps, more voices, this time raised in the roar of a rabble, a blinding sun burned down from a clear blue sky, he blinked against the brightness, and up the steps he went with his hands tied behind his back. Rough hands pushed him, half lifting, half dragging to centre of the stage. A man, dressed all in black stepped up, his face hidden behind a hood, a noose of rope in his hands. Gandus felt the weight of the rope on his shoulders as it was placed about his neck and then the noose was drawn tight. The crowd bayed but he couldn't see them - they were misty and indistinct. His throat was dry, awful dry.The executioner stood with one hand on a lever, a lever which, in a moment, would pull the floor from Gandus' feet and send him down to a neck cracking end.

His throat was so dry. "Water" he murmured through cracked and bleeding lips and then a shadow fell across his face blocking out the burning sun. A hand cupped his chin and lifted his sagging head. He looked up into the eyes of his master from the locksmiths. a bottle was placed to his lips and cool water flowed into his mouth. The crowd bayed, the lever clicked...and all went black


OOCGandus will be conscious in about 6 hours so don't wait for me to post
__________________
"Death isn't the handicap it used to be"
"You Heave I'll Ho"

Last edited by MrD; 03-20-2019 at 04:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:56 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB