RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Tabletop Games
twitter google facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 09:56 PM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Nightwyng
Looking for RPG in Blacktown, Western Sydney Area, NSW, Australia

Hi All,

Long time RPG player looking to return after a decade of not playing. Damn computer games MMORPG's. LoL. I'm over the trolls and the negativity found in so much of the online MMO's computer games I've played. Thus, looking to return to what made me fall in love with the Fantasy genre in the first place. D&D!

Over the years I have been a member of gaming clubs, in High School, University and other informal clubs. My first love has always been the Forgotten realms. I have also played in no particular order basic D&D, Vampire the Masquerade, Werewolf the Apocolypse, Mage, a little Call of Cthulu, Dragonlance, Champions, Warhammer (not 40k) and I am sure I am missing a few one of campaigns/settings we tried on the odd occassion.

I really would like to get involved with an RPG that meets face to face and uses traditional dice, pen and paper. The classic way of playing. Lol.

However, If I could find a group of mature, fun, like minded players I wouldn't be adverse to trying out any of the systems such as Roll20 etc.

Searched online and not having a lot of luck finding any Role Playing clubs, groups, meetings etc in Sydney, let alone closer to my area.

Would love to jump into a Forgotten Realms campaign, however, beggars can't be choosers and I am just keen to get back into gaming. Any system or campaign. At the end of the day it's always been the good people that have made the strongest memories in any campaign.

Any and all help/assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you all for your time

Cheers

Night
Old 12-03-2016, 08:22 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Bob13
Hey Nightwyng!

Did you ever find a group? Fairly new to the area and in the same boat.

B
Old 12-03-2016, 08:41 PM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35945
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
@Bob13: Welcome to the site. Please note that as per the date of this posting, the original creator of this thread has not been on site since the initial post went up. Yeah, I checked the profile.

If you're looking for a tabletop group in your area, you're more than welcome to create your own thread in this part of the site.
Old 12-03-2016, 10:21 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Bob13
Quote:
Originally Posted by zevonian View Post
@Bob13: Welcome to the site. Please note that as per the date of this posting, the original creator of this thread has not been on site since the initial post went up. Yeah, I checked the profile.

If you're looking for a tabletop group in your area, you're more than welcome to create your own thread in this part of the site.
Thanks @zevonian, figured it was a long shot
Old 12-27-2016, 07:45 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3701
Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco Peachyco
If you're in for some D&D 5E, you can check out the Organized Play section of the D&D website. Check this out for Blacktown locations.

I was in Canberra ACT a couple of years back, and in some of the hobby stores (I forgot the name of the store now), there were regular games run officially by Wizards of the Coast (like, every Wednesday night). This might still be the case in the store locations indicated on the WOTC store locator page.

Good luck, and Happy Gaming! ^__^
Closed Thread