twitter facebook

Notices

Old 03-21-2018, 01:05 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 221
RedWolf0214 RedWolf0214 RedWolf0214
I think I'm going to have to bow out of the running, as much as I want to finish this app. Too many irons in the fire right now. Good luck to all though!
Taken the Oath of Sangus
Old 03-21-2018, 01:18 PM
Natural 20 ;)

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5908
Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master
I'm sorry to see you go, RedWolf0214, although I can understand if you have a full plate already.

We may run into each other in a future game. Happy gaming!
Old 03-21-2018, 02:26 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 959
Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard
Alright thanks for the suggestions. They have been made now and ready for another look.
I do not strike with my hand; he who strikes with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I strike with my mind...I do not kill with my sword; he who kills with his sword has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart.
Old 03-21-2018, 02:37 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2786
Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disaster Master View Post
Haven't counted exactly... are there enough characters worshipping Selune so that I can fill a party of six?
Alas, we have only 3 who worship Selune... may need a few converts to make a full party of six!

Old 03-21-2018, 02:41 PM
Life
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11006
Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio
Name: Thisaleeandre "Thistle" Curunir
Race: Half-elf/half-drow (using drow stats)
Alignment: TN (but headed for NG eventually)
Patron Deity: The Luminous Being
Class: Paladin, Defensive training, Oath of Anchents
Background: Slave*
Personality Traits:
  • Drawing attention to oneself usually leads to bad things. You try to avoid it.
  • Even small acts of kindness and delicacies like candy and a soft bed, mean a lot to you.
Ideal: You mostly just want to be left alone.
Bond: You want to discover the life your slave parent(s)/ancestors came from.
Flaw: Due to the tasks you were forced to do, you do not like physical contact, even consensually. Relationships are very difficult for you.
Motivation: Desire to not have a mortal master

Ready for review!
Old 03-22-2018, 01:21 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 262
NightFire NightFire NightFire
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Nadidah Amin
Race: Scourge Aasimar
Alignment: Lawful Good
Patron Deity: Milil, Lord of All Songs, The One True Hand of Oghma, The Binder of What is Known.
Class: Bard, College of Lore

Background: Entertainer (Storyteller & Singer)
Personality Traits:
  • I know a story relevant to almost every situation.
  • Whenever I come to a new place, I collect local rumors and spread gossip.
Ideal: Tradition – The stories, legends, and songs of the past must never be forgotten, for they teach us who we are (Lawful).
Bond: You have long had a curious recurring dream about visiting a vaulted stone library in the depths of the Underdark, and becoming lost in the endless lore it holds.
Flaw: I am easily distracted by the promise of information.

Appearance: Aside from his parents and his deva, no one has seen Nadidah’s face. It is kept carefully concealed behind an intricate mask. Bright blue eyes radiate celestial power beneath it. Long red hair is kept carefully braided and tucked within his hood. Simple grey robes cover his lithe frame and armor. He stands towering at 6’8”, and despite his small frame can be imposing without intending to be. What little skin can be seen in his hands and arms is pale with slight flecks of silver.

Personality: Nadidah has a mirthful laugh and is jovial by nature. He is a story teller, and a singer. While he knows how to play instrument’s it is not his passion, and he will only do so when pressed. Song and story occupies much of his attention, and he will often hum to himself, even when listening to others speak. You may not be able to see it behind his mask, but he has a silver tongue that can sell ice to the Iulutiuns of the Great Glacier, disarm the angry mob, and charm the weary ruler. Blessed by Milil he has a silky voice that soothes those around him. Despite his race’s general penchant for staying out of the limelight, his deva Galladia, encourages him to share his stories and song wherever he travels, even if it brings him trouble, and while he doesn’t always mind her sage advice these performances are one thing they both agree on.

Motivation: Acquiring stories and lost songs - chronicling and preserving them is his mission in life. Through Galladia he’s been blessed by the insight to know that much that is now hidden was once known. If he can find what is lost the world will be made better for it.

Last edited by NightFire; 03-22-2018 at 01:22 AM.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:09 AM
Natural 20 ;)

Tools
User Statistics
Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master
Added the latest application to the roster.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:21 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17
Azedenkae
To be completed.

Basics

Name: Azedenkae the 15th
Race: Elf (Wood)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Patron Deity: Aerdrie Faenya
Class: Cleric (Arcane Domain)
Background:
Personality Traits: Two traits, chosen among those published or your own.
Ideal: Either a published ideal or your own creation.
Bond: Either a published bond or your own creation.
Flaw: Either a published flaw or your own creation.

Expanded
Appearance: Describe the appearance of your character. Supplementary pictures are appreciated.
Personality: Describe the personality of your character.
Motivation: Describe what motivates your character.
History:
Azedenkae is the 15th firstborn of a long line of clerics who worshiped Aerdrie Faenya. While she is a goddess of the Seldarine, it is not exactly common for a wood elf to worship her, let alone be her cleric. Usually it is the avariel that worships her with such vigor. However, for Azedenkae and his kin, they believe that worship of Aerdrie could open many doors that were previously hidden away. See, Aerdrie is not just an elven deity. She is also an aspect of the primordial Akadi, an ancient existence of extreme power. As the embodiment of air itself, Azedenkae's kin believed that worship of the deity could uncover power magics uniquely developed from Aerdrie (or to be more precise, Akadi). All primordials contained immense power, but the other primordials were long since removed from seats of power. Only Akadi remained easily accessible as Aerdrie.

Role-Playing Sample: What was your character doing before being captured by the drow?
Old 03-22-2018, 11:22 AM
Natural 20 ;)

Tools
User Statistics
@Azedenkae: Thank you for throwing your hat in the ring. Just one comment: the domains of Aerdrie Faenya are Tempest and Trickery, not Arcana.
Old 03-22-2018, 12:55 PM
Senseii

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 367
mahousenseiikai mahousenseiikai mahousenseiikai mahousenseiikai
Sorry for the late reply.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:13 PM
Life
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks for adding us to the list Disaster! Also, grats on the Natural 20!
Old 03-22-2018, 04:51 PM
Natural 20 ;)

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bio View Post
Thanks for adding us to the list Disaster! Also, grats on the Natural 20!
I'm still hoping for a natural 21... hasn't shown up yet.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:35 PM
Life
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disaster Master View Post
I'm still hoping for a natural 21... hasn't shown up yet.
Best of luck with that!
Old 03-22-2018, 07:41 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4168
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
right-aligned image

Name: Brimley Walton
Race: Human (variant - Healer feat)
Alignment: Neutral good
Patron Deity: Deneir
Class: Wizard (Divination)
Background: Underdark Scholar (? - with the special Underdark knowledge feature)

Personality Traits:
1) I’m used to helping out those who aren’t as smart as I am, and I patiently explain – and sometimes over-explain – anything and everything to others.
2) I become impatient when redirected from my primary goals of studying the Underdark so as to enable human mastery of it.
Ideal: The surface world must survive and prevail against the Underdark.
Bond: You once had the opportunity to meet a circle of myconids — the mushroom folk of the Underdark. They offered you shelter and a chance to “meld” using their telepathic spores, and you have yearned ever since to repeat that experience.
Flaw: I am easily distracted by the promise of information.

Appearance: Brimley’s taught, craggy, and weathered skin covers sharp features framed by longish, stringy hair. His eyes are often vacant, and when they do brighten they retain a searching, distant look. Brimley usually appears relaxed, but he can quickly switch to great animation when he takes interest in something. He stands a little too close in conversation, which helps to keep his gravelly voice audible.

Personality:
Brimley is mercurial, subject to mood swings and sometimes irritable. While he usually exhibits an obsessive’s energy for his studies and projects relating to the Underdark, he sometimes withdraws into a lethargy. Though he spends almost all of his time engaging with ideas, Brimley still clearly values people, and makes most of his decisions based on utilitarian principles. He remains steadfastly good in his intentions, if he sometimes falters in execution, and he can act heroically at times.

Motivation: Brimley carries an obsession with the Underdark and its denizens, particularly Araumycos, the myconids, and other fungi. However, he engages with them not as an admirer or detached academic, but as a driven adversary. Brimley studies the Underdark like a dedicated oncologist; if he cannot help eradicate the Underdark, he can at least help contain it.

HistorySeveral years into his career, but when he was still a relatively young and foolish aspiring sage, Brimley took an interest in some of the Underdark cultures. They were mysterious, arguably oppressed, and somewhat taboo. Brimley found the intelligent fungi especially intriguing.

Brimley started correspondences with different scholars and explorers, and eventually participated in expeditions himself. His interest in the Underdark grew, and grew into an attraction. He respected the discipline and rationality of the drow and the illithids, he admired the community strength of the myconids, and he lusted, remotely and impotently, after the dark and beautiful drow women.

As Brimley’s academic and physical explorations of the Underdark continued, an existential question hung around and within him: how much evil could he overlook, for how long could he mute his conscience, in pursuit of his love? Eventually, Brimley witnessed one evil to many to forgive, one too great to deny.* Having been jostled awake, Brimley dragged himself the rest of the way out of his delusions, and was horrified to see how much he had lost himself in his subject, how far the abyss had gazed into him. He now rededicated himself to his education, not to gain understanding per se, but to help the arm the surface civilizations to defend themselves against the Underdark, proactively if necessary.

*TBD, based on what can fit the story?

Roleplaying Sample“Walton…Walton! Get up! Get out here!”

Brimley Walton lazily dragged himself from his tent, rubbing his eyes with one hand while with the other he felt his pockets for something to blow his nose on. He let his arms drop limp when he saw what awaited him outside: his bodyguard Menk, standing among six threatening drow soldiers.

Brimley’s expression turned from shock to resignation as he took in the scene. This wasn’t an attack; his man Menk had cut a deal with the dark ones. Brimley frowned at him. “What?” said the traitor. “They pay better, and the work is safer. Wander around down here holding your hand, waiting to be killed? – I don’t think so.” Brimley just looked down and shook his head.

----------------------------------------------

A few miles into their forced march, Menk looked up from his shuffling feet, his eyes following the chain that connected him to Brimley a few feet ahead, and broke the silence. “So,” Menk inquired pathetically, “slaves, ya think?”

Brimley paused a moment before responding without looking back at the other man. “We can only speculate,” he said with something of a professorial tone. “We tend to think of the drow exclusively as slavers because that is what we see of them, but you understand the flaw in that reasoning.” Hearing no response, Brimley helped out. “We have little idea of how many drow captives are put to other uses.

“For example, Sister Rabbish has offered an ecological analysis establishing that, given conservative estimates of giant spider populations among the drow, the known size of drow cities, and the dietary needs of the arachnids, the dark elves must devote a substantial portion of each hunt – perhaps the majority – to food for their pets. Kiner the younger reports that the drow trade prisoners to the illithid for use in experiments. And I myself have seen creatures likely obtained from the drow kept alive indefinitely for use as nutritious substrates for immature intelligent fungi – fungal nurseries, if you will.”

Menk groaned quietly. Brimley paused again. “Of those roles, I suppose I’m best suited for slavery, given my skills and my relative…leanness. You? – well, it’s something to hope for.”

I’d love a review if you have the time. Thanks!

Last edited by secretID; 03-23-2018 at 08:26 AM.
Old 03-23-2018, 05:08 AM
Natural 20 ;)

Tools
User Statistics
Added latest application to the roster.