twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 01-29-2019, 03:26 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 716
RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77

Last edited by RedWolfe77; 01-29-2019 at 03:39 PM.
Old 01-29-2019, 04:39 PM
Prince of Avolition

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 151
ChiefDisbelief ChiefDisbelief
Awesome!

Pravus, Tiefling Hexblade Warlock (Work In Progress)
right-aligned image

Name: Pravus

Race: Tiefling, Descendant of Dispater

Class: Hexblade Warlock

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Season of the Year: Winter

Appearance: Pravus is a violet-skinned tiefling of athletic build standing about 6'1" and weighing 175 pounds. He has blue hair, fully red eyeballs, pointed ears, and two dark purple horns extending foward and up out of the edges of his forehead. Pravus wears two large gilded ear piercings, and a labret piercing that is gold as well. He wears a suit of skin-tight dark purple studded leather armor, with a rapier on his left hip and a backpack on his back. When the weather calls for it, Pravus has a winterized leather trenchcoat/cloak stuffed into his backpack.

Background: The son of a bearded devil and a human woman and direct descendant of the devil Dispater, Pravus has been fortunate enough to be raised in a thriving populous city of many different kinds of people, and spent his life accepted by his peers and members of his community. His mother was a famous artist and made a very good living, and this non-royal high-class live shaped Pravus' personality for years to come. This caused him to become full of himself, and by the time he reached adulthood, both delusions of grandeur and a wanderlust influenced him to try to make even more of himself, and become a powerful well-known spellcaster and do his bloodline right.
You see, Pravus' mother was seduced by a polymorphed bearded devil, and since the night of his conception, Pravus' father has been completely absent. This isn't a bad thing though, because it allowed his mother to integrate him into the society she was a part of without the extra baggage of an immortal devil father coming after them or something like that. His mother used to live in a smaller town, but when word broke of a woman conceiving a devil child, she had to cross the country and blend in with a larger population who surprisingly had seen stranger and more dastardly things.
Due to this, Pravus has a mostly human spirit...but the innate corruption of is very soul is what leads him on his self-righteous path to greatness. In his preteen years Pravus found out how to use Thaumaturgy and took an interest in the arcane, spending most of his teenage years trying to figure it out, but having little luck. Furthermore, a tiefling seeking out wizards for spellcasting tips doesn't necessarily scream "good intentions" when you're raised to keep a low profile in normal society, so this frustrated him until shortly after he finished school. Even though he hadn't acquired the magic knowledge he had hoped by the time he reached adulthood, he still made the choice to leave his mother and his home and go try to make his own destiny. In an edgy bout of frustration, on the night before he was going to leave as he gets ready for bed, he makes an assumedly unheard proclamation alone in his room: "I would literally sell my soul for magic..."

RP Sample: (from another character)

Have you played Dragon Heist?: Nope.

Last edited by ChiefDisbelief; 01-30-2019 at 02:14 PM.
Old 01-30-2019, 12:23 AM
Sapphire Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 511
Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas
Name: Zaxby Longshadow
Race: Forest Gnome
Class: Rogue(Thief)
Alignment: CG
Season of the Year: Autumn
Appearance: A little man with slender arms and legs. His skin matches a light ash tree's bark, and his hair is the color of a rich mud. His nose is on the large side for his face and really makes his profile obvious. His brown hair is cut short with a dagger when the thinks it is in the way, so it looks very sloppy, he's never even grown the stubble of facial hair.
Background:
Role play sample: Working

Name: Argent Gwen
Race: Half Elf
Class: Rogue
Alignment: Neutral (lawful leanings, and good tendencies, rarely together.)
Season of the Year: Summer

Appearance: A young looking man with grey unruly hair and pointed ears. He wears a leather vest bearing his self made crest and logo over his finest clothes. He is lithe and in his limbs, lanky. A very peculiar feature is his missing pinky finger on his right hand, he was born without it and doesn't even have a knuckle there. He Carrie's with him two pairs of gloves that look the same, one with the pinky stuffed and glued to the ring finger giving it the appearance of motion, and one empty where he can store very small objects. Because of the missing digit he favors his left hand when doing delicate tasks, but when wearing his gloves tries to make sure he's seen using his right hand primarily.

Role play sample: Argent sat at a table in the Yawning Portal with Karlmax, his oldest brother. The man was nearing 40, and showed it in his bearing. Argent studied the man's features, he looked disturbingly like the man that raised him. "Father has died, Karlmax blurted after a moment of silent facial contortions, he told me that he thought of you as his own." Karlmax regained his composure rather quickly after having delivered his message. Argent stopped eating and for a moment stared at his plate like it killed the man, his mother had died 5 years ago to disease and the elf from whose seed he was harvested may as well be dead too. "Such is the way of mortals, a weak smile snaked across half his mouth before guilt drove it away, He was a kind man and I'll miss him like I was his. Thanks for bringing me the hard news." Karlmax's face broke into a smile, to let his baby brother know it was OK, and the half man followed his elder's example.

They did some catching up as they ate, Karlmax thought Argent would do well as he spoke of his ideas for his business, though the specifics baffled him. Apparently one of the farms the family owned had been raided by some villagers. Magda, their youngest sister had just entered the service of a temple though Karlmax sheepishly couldn't remember which god she served so both men offered a prayer 'to them all'.

"One last thing, Karlmax pulls a gorgeous dagger their father carried since before Argent was a baby, "I'm sorry there isn't more to give someone of your birth from the estate, but he wanted you to have it. Keep it as a token of his support." Argent reverently takes the dagger and studies it again, the long thin knife had dangled in his sight his whole life and he knew it well by now. "Thank you and father, may he rest well. I'll do my best to not skewer myself with it." The brothers ate, bonded, and parted with a smile and a laugh.

Have you played Dragon Heist: Not really

Last edited by Nikolas; 02-02-2019 at 10:05 AM.
Old 01-30-2019, 10:18 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Great Apps so Far. Keep them coming.
Old 01-30-2019, 03:44 PM
Sapphire Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I was in a previous game for this that died after one post from the DM.
Old 01-30-2019, 06:59 PM
Roma Invicta

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1862
Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382
Application
Viera

Aasimar (Protector) | Sorceror (Divine Soul) | Lawful Good

Description
left-aligned image
In the corner of the room sits a young and bright face. As you glance that way, yours eyes lock with a woman who has a warm glow. Her golden eyes hold your gaze for a few seconds and you feel that she sees deeper than just your eyes. She blinks and the moment passes, she smiles at you genuinely and offers you a seat. Taking your place across from her she offers forth a delicate and pale hand. "My name is Viera. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Viera is tall, about six foot. She wears a fine scarf with worn travelling clothes and a short cloak. Her long boots, stained from many bogs, show that she is no stranger to exploration. Leaning against the wall to her left is an unadorned wooden staff, but atop the staff attached to an iron ring a symbol hangs; a scale resting atop a warhammer, the symbol of Tyr.

One may ask how this young, likely naive, girl could be an acolyte of Tyr. One who asks that has never talked to Viera. Maybe it's due to her ancestry, but Viera has always been a good judge of character. This led to a strong sense of right and wrong. The next logical step to the young woman was to dedicate herself to the church of Tyr.

While not laidback, Viera is very easy to get along with. She is a kind-hearted and compassionate soul that puts others first. However, when there is darkness present, Viera stands as a beacon to the lost, offering help and seeking to stop the evils of this land.

Background

Role-Play SampleHere are links to two of my posts from other games. Let me know if you want more!
Example 1
Example 2

OtherPreferred season: I think Spring would be a cool start for a campaign. The cycle begins and the new party emerges.

Have you played Dragon Heist: Nope!

Last edited by Tommyk382; 01-31-2019 at 11:57 AM.
Old 01-30-2019, 07:27 PM
Roma Invicta

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1862
Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382 Tommyk382
I was planning on the draconic sorcerer but this seemed like much more of a fun roleplay.
Old 01-30-2019, 08:20 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1838
MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ
left-aligned image
Cruem
Name: Cruem (Crew-m)
Race: Half-Orc
Class: Monk
Alignment: NG

Appearance: The first feature anyone would notice about Cruem is his skin. Most half-orc's possess the sage or olive tint of their brutish ancestry, but Cruem's human heritage fought against that norm. Resulting in a hue more closely resembling that of his fair skinned kin. He is not completely devoid of his mother's orc traits however, as he was blessed with her sturdy tusks and amber colored eyes. Cruem's burly, yet softened build is the culmination of years spent navigating the seas and ingesting all manner of exotic delicacies.

Background:

Role play sample:
Example 1
Example 2

Have you played Dragon Heist: Nope, but have been interested since it was announced.

Last edited by MrCeeJ; 02-01-2019 at 07:14 PM.
Old 01-30-2019, 09:28 PM
Sapphire Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyk382 View Post
I was planning on the draconic sorcerer but this seemed like much more of a fun roleplay.
Dragon Sorcerers are only fun for centaurs anyhow lol
Old 01-30-2019, 09:45 PM
Sapphire Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
How do you feel about races that could conceivably exist in Faerun? I'm thinking Shifters, Changelings, or Centaurs. Spore druids and Order clerics too.

I also have the One Grung Above pack, is that valid?

Last edited by Nikolas; 01-31-2019 at 12:18 AM.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:31 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas View Post
How do you feel about races that could conceivably exist in Faerun? I'm thinking Shifters, Changelings, or Centaurs. Spore druids and Order clerics too.

I also have the One Grung Above pack, is that valid?
No on One Grung Above as it's not official yet. Also no on the Cenraurs as I don't 5hink they would fit Physically in the campaign. I'll let you know about shifters and Changelings when I get a chance to look into them more.

After reviewing the shifters and changelings, as well as others from WGtE. I don't think anything here is a good fit for this campaign.

Last edited by RedWolfe77; 01-31-2019 at 09:42 AM.
Old 01-31-2019, 02:31 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10789
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Character Name: Raven Sephtis
Race: Human
Class: Cleric of Kelemvor
Alignment: Lawful Neutral (Good tendencies)

Appearance:Dark black hair with searing blue eyes and pale skin. She wears dark gray colored vestments of Kelemvor when about her regular duties. The sigil of the lord of death emblazoned on the front and back. Her armor is blackened with soot and ash which not only, keeps it from rusting, but also makes her look like a dark specter of death. Her shield is emblazoned with the symbol of Kelemvor and her morningstar has a deep mahogany grip and blackened metal as well. When close to her she would smell of myrrh and pine, both of which would be imbued into her garments and armor from years of church services.

Background: Acolyte

Personality: Raven is somewhat withdrawn from the world of the living. Every living thing will die eventually, even the gods themselves can die. She works to uphold the laws and to ensure that all undead are destroyed. As a cleric of Kelemvor her highest purpose is the destruction of undead and the comforting of the living as they pass into a natural death. She can and will socialize with other people if necessary, but has little experience with the task which often makes her seem a bit creepy.

Role play sample:
The rain poured down on them from the skies. Bitterly cold it washed through her cloak and her armor. The chill reminded her of death. The cold abyss, and she gave a small smile. Everything would die there was a certainty in that. No amount of cold water would change that. She put the smile away though, her companions would ask about it and such things tended to disturb others of the living. Instead she focused on the path in front of them and the task at hand. "We've tracked the murderers this far. I think I saw tracks continuing. Does anyone recall what is ahead of us?"

She didn't really know, too much time spent studying corpses and not enough time studying maps. Even so, it was her duty to ensure that the law was followed. Those who committed murder should in turn be brought to justice. Sometimes that required their death and others a portion of their life in jail. It mattered not to her really. The important thing was following the law and, as always, making sure death had its due.

Have you played Dragon Heist: No
Old 01-31-2019, 08:05 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1838
MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ
Application done.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:32 AM
Sapphire Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I'm working on changes.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:30 PM
Master of None

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4514
Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede
Application Status - Submitted for Consideration

Balceran
left-aligned image
Name: Balceran
Race: Wood Half Elf (SCAG)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Class: Bard
Season: Spring
Background: Urban Bounty Hunter (SCAG)
Personality Traits: I always have a plan for what to do when things go wrong. The first thing I do in a new place is note the locations of everything valuable—or where such things could be hidden.
Ideal: Freedom. Chains are meant to be broken, as are those who would forge them.
Bond: I’m trying to pay off an old debt I owe to a generous benefactor.
Flaw: An innocent person is in prison for a crime that I committed. I’m okay with that.
Appearance: Balceran is very good looking half elf combining the lean, exquisite features of his elven heritage with the brawnier physique of his human father. He is tall and appears in very good shape. He seems to always have a smile on his face which is featured by his flowing blond hair and green eyes.
Personality: Balceran is always in a good mood. He is an entertainer and people are usually drawn to his outgoing personality. He can tell a story that will keep others quite engaged. However, this is all a front. While he spins his tales, he is sizing up a situation or the people he is engaged with. As a bounty hunter, he knows that intelligence is the key to finding his quarry.
History:

Roleplay Example: The Job

Posting Rate: Maximum: Many times per workday (M-F CST). Only once or twice on weekends; Minimum: once per day during workday, none on weekends.
Played Dragon Heist: No

Last edited by Shaede; 02-03-2019 at 04:50 PM.