Pesky Goblin

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1171
Vathe Vathe Vathe Vathe Vathe Vathe Vathe Vathe Vathe
Uncharted Lands (ICRPG)

Game NameUncharted Lands (ICRPG)
Game SystemOther Roleplaying Games
ThemeRising from nothing to be heroes of a land unknown. What will you be?
FlavourTraditional Sword & Sorcery Adventuring, Action Adventure
Plot SummaryThis will be a game of Index Card RPG. If you've never heard of it here is a free quick start guide. It is a fairly simple system similar to D&D that provides a framework and leaves many aspects of the game up to the Dungeon Master and the Players.

I enjoy playing a fun game, with stakes and action, so I expect a high level of talking and some investment. We're all in this together after all and I won't know what's up if you don't say anything!

Posting Rate: 2 in-game posts a week.
Looking For: 3 to 4 players with some cool characters.

To make a character, you only need to choose four things:
  • Your Name. Make it cool!
  • Your Bioform. This is what your character is, be it man, dwarf, elf, goblin or spectre. In ICRPG you can really be just about anything and this game will allow for that. Essentially, just know that each will grant additional stat bonuses fit for the race and/or a racial boon. We can talk about it after we have a party built.

• Your Character's Stats. They will have six (6) character points that can be dispersed in any amount among the eleven (11) stats each character has. When acting in game these will be your roll modifiers.

• Your Story. Who were you before the start of the game? This can be anything from a Barbaric Warrior on a quest for Honor to a Robot that sails the stars in search of the Enigma's Code, all are made equal where you shall find yourselves. I shall expect the bizarre!
Here is a form-fillable sheet for your characters and an example character. Give it a save, write in your stats and make sure it's public before putting it on your application!

For this game you will not start with any items, weapons or coin (as you normally would).

Player Character Concept Character Sheet
pocketroid Klaurota, the Illithid Mage Klaurota
strumdaddy A Lazy Psyker ---
Ursinorum Kela, the Spectre King Kela
DukeofCorpus --- ---
Fatgunn Hada Gildscale, the Snakeman Commander Hada
Hundur Bergle Two-Coins, the Goblin Thief Bergle
Gualdarrama Chokkihoxl, the Lizardfolk Archer Chokkihoxl

Last edited by Vathe; 04-02-2019 at 08:08 AM.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:20 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
pocketroid pocketroid
Yay, I'm into ICRPG! The other ICRPG thread seems to have died, I'm glad to see another. I am in as long as you are! A few questions before I dive in to making a character:

-Are you starting this with Prisoners of Molok?
-Can we be non-fantasy characters too, as your post implies?

At worst, I do still like the idea of the character I made from the other thread. Ouriel, a blind, learned, and traveled goblin ranger from Thushum. I do have many character concepts though. The one most exciting to me, which no GM has been willing to work with me on, is an illithid/mindflayer. Obviously I wouldn't try to eat the party.

Last edited by pocketroid; 03-18-2019 at 07:31 PM.
Old 03-19-2019, 08:32 AM
Pesky Goblin

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketroid View Post
-Are you starting this with Prisoners of Molok?
-Can we be non-fantasy characters too, as your post implies?
I am not running Prisoners of Molok but you will be similarly imprisoned at the start of this adventure, the start being your group's escape.

...or failure to.

But you can most certainly play non-fantasy/non-traditional characters. My only limitation on Bio-Form Creation is that all Bio-Forms must be primarily corporeal and they must retain a humanoid-ish shape and level of thought. An Illithid most certainly meets these requirements.

Here is a possible design for the Illithid Bio-Form.

Illithid A creature twisted of magics, tentacles and a dark hunger.
+1 INT, INT Power: Attempt to control a creature for a round. Roll again to maintain control every round thereafter as your action, losing control on a failure.Dominate
Old 03-27-2019, 02:46 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 123
strumdaddy strumdaddy
Can I be a Psyker who has overdeveloped telekinesis abilities? He's overweight, and floats himself everywhere. He can't fly, but he's too physically lazy to walk.
Old 03-27-2019, 03:48 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 737
Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum
uhh.. interesting..

I am thinking about a ghost warrior, but maybe it's a tad too gloomy for a fun adventure..

Placing interest!
Old 03-27-2019, 05:11 PM
Pesky Goblin

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by strumdaddy View Post
Can I be a Psyker who has overdeveloped telekinesis abilities? He's overweight, and floats himself everywhere. He can't fly, but he's too physically lazy to walk.
Sure! As a Psyker he will have Limited Telekinetics so as long as it's only his body and he has a solid grounding to repel himself from he can float around like the Great Gazoo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursinorum View Post
I am thinking about a ghost warrior, but maybe it's a tad too gloomy for a fun adventure..
Not at all, and while I do enjoy thrilling and fun adventures there will certainly be an element of gloom and horror present, especially at the start.

I do want everyone to remain primarily corporeal however, so what powers do you imagine this ghost-form granting? A phase-through ability like I put in the Spectre example?
Old 03-27-2019, 05:14 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 295
DukeofCorpus DukeofCorpus DukeofCorpus
This sounds like a very cool system. I will take at the free quick start guide and see if it's something I want to get into! If it is, I'll get a WIP up.
Old 03-27-2019, 07:58 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 737
Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vathe View Post
I do want everyone to remain primarily corporeal however, so what powers do you imagine this ghost-form granting? A phase-through ability like I put in the Spectre example?
I dunno actually, one of my mates plays the ghost army in warhammer and he was telling me how being ghosts did not save them from being hit in melee, and I was trying to translate that into this, with my D&D mindset.

So: my PC was a big time ghost, a king of olde, that ruled over his cemetery, his previous life almost completely forgotten. Then this pious adventurer comes along and after beating my PC gives him a necklace that makes him tangible so he can be processed and executed by the law. But unbeknownst to the priest, the collar gave the spirit the chance to feel human again after centuries of un-life, but also he starts as a low level ghost.

Mechanics-wise i thought of him as a "Blade" with only one 'fear' spell (only working on few low-level minions).

I was thinking that instead of treasures, Kela gradually restores his spectral equipment, as a reward for his journey in mortality. This is the ending of my App so far:

Background:
Before the cage starts to roll:

What's happening.. wh.. where am I? Where's the cemetery? I was.. what was I doing? I'm in a cage. Me. In a cage. There's a small crowd looking in disgust and awe. I must be quite the spectacle. A translucent greenish skeleton, paired with common thieves. I'm pretty sceptical as well. This is not how it works. Metal should not hold me. I have a knife in my hand, same as my colour. It's certainly not effective against the bars. I try it against my cage-mate. It still works. He's horrified and yells, the crowd laughs. I had a bigger blade, if I remember correctly -not that size matters- but this is preposterous. Also, I've never felt the wind on my skin but I now see my long hair affected by the wind. Now, that's a first. Where's my crown? Was it a crown? I'm sure that I had a fancy hat, and everyone had to care for my* desires, because I had the fancy hat I always had. What's this weight around my neck? Looks like silver but it's as heavy as lead. What if I try to.... AAAARRRGHHH!!!! You leg-spreader!!!! My hands!!! Gods! Mmhh... let's try again... AAAOUCH!! ..........AH! So ... the more pressure I put into it, the more it hurts. Ok... now we know...Who put this here? Beats me, I barely remember having skin.... think Kela, think! Who did I see last?......... There was that pesky priest ... with his prissy knights... did he gave me this stupid thing? Wait. Who's rocking the cage? The screams of my cage-mate tell me it's not his fault.....OOOHHH!!! WE'RE ROLLING!!! The collar hurts a bit but I don't have bones to break. LET'S GO FOR IT!!!! WEEEEEHHH!!!!!

Last edited by Ursinorum; 03-27-2019 at 08:05 PM.
Old 03-28-2019, 12:18 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
pocketroid pocketroid
Yay, activity! Welcome, all! Thanks for being flexible, Vathe - you seem like a cool GM. I'll do up my Illithid character sheet tomorrow. I already have the character in my head, since years ago, I just need to translate it to ICRPG. Starting off with no equipment makes it even cooler!
Old 03-28-2019, 03:17 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 930
Fatgunn Fatgunn Fatgunn Fatgunn Fatgunn Fatgunn Fatgunn Fatgunn
This sounds really cool. I've been looking over the rules and I'll have something up in a little while.
Old 03-28-2019, 05:15 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1657
Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur
Hi! I'm planning to join with a Goblin Shadow, but I'm a bit confused about the stats. If he'd be using daggers or short blades, should he up his Strength, or Dexterity?

For nowName: Bergle Two-Coins
Bio-Form: Goblin
Stats: +1 STR, +2 DEX, +1 Weapon Effort, +1 Armor, +1 Basic Effort
Story: It was said in the tribe that Bergle was dropped at the entrance of their village with nothing but two copper coins in his basket when he was baby. The truth of that rumor would never be known now, but Bergle indeed had a thing for coin. Or loot, or anything shiny, really. He once had a dagger he had named Shiny, based on the fact that it did reflect the moonlight nicely. He used it often when he ran with a couple of other goblins from his tribe to raid the unfortunate monastery pilgrims, or deprive wealthy merchants of valuable items. He mostly collected his hoard, and meticulously recorded his inventory each night (as best goblins could); but a part of him reflected that he could be doing more with his life, something meaningful. After sleeping on it, the feeling was gone.

Things were different this time around, though. When he woke up today, there was no Shiny, no treasure, no hut, no tribe. There were no familiar landmarks or signs that he was anywhere near the place where he last laid his head to sleep. As his eyes adjust to the darkness and he feels the cold, metal bars along with the host and moist humidity, Bergle finally comes to a slow realization of his current state: he had been eaten by a metal dragon.

Last edited by Hundur; 04-01-2019 at 08:18 PM.
Old 03-28-2019, 05:56 AM
Pesky Goblin

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hundur View Post
Hi! I'm planning to join with a Goblin Shadow, but I'm a bit confused about the stats. If he'd be using daggers or short blades, should he up his Strength, or Dexterity?
A departure from some systems, all melee attempts will be done with Strength and all ranged attempts will use Dexterity. At other checks and attempts, like climbing a building or clearing a crevasse, these two tend to meet in the middle (like most systems).

So when using his dagger Bergle will use Strength to hit and then roll Weapon Effort for the amount of hurt he lays into someone. If he throws it, Dexterity.

Otherwise, Bergle sounds awesome! I love his on-the-nose name!
Old 03-28-2019, 07:25 AM
Pesky Goblin

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
So: my PC was a big time ghost, a king of olde, that ruled over his cemetery, his previous life almost completely forgotten. Then this pious adventurer comes along and after beating my PC gives him a necklace that makes him tangible so he can be processed and executed by the law. But unbeknownst to the priest, the collar gave the spirit the chance to feel human again after centuries of un-life, but also he starts as a low level ghost.
Awesome name for that necklace... the Mortal Coil! A divinely crafted item. It latches its wearer to the world of the living, with all the pain and pleasure that entails! Fear though, to take it off a wearer will suffer the pain of death!

Real cool.

Quote:
Mechanics-wise i thought of him as a "Blade" with only one 'fear' spell (only working on few low-level minions).

I was thinking that instead of treasures, Kela gradually restores his spectral equipment, as a reward for his journey in mortality.
For the fear spell, typically spells and divinities are the same as other loot and take up equipment space the same. You're carrying around a scroll case instead of them being ingrained.

Either we can work towards Kela developing his fear ability as the quest goes on like with his spectral equipment or it can be worked as a chunk of his 'Bio-Form Boons' which will make it entirely self-done and there from the get-go (but I'll probably limit it more). Tell me what you'd like!
Old 03-28-2019, 04:09 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
pocketroid pocketroid
Quote:
"Across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this world with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."
Your Name.
Klaurota

Your Bioform.
Illithid
+1 INT, INT Power: Attempt to control a creature for a round. Roll again to maintain control every round thereafter as your action, losing control on a failure.Dominate

Your Character's Stats.
Strength and Charisma should be naturally low, and I would even be willing to take a hit to them at -1 or something.
Focusing on Intelligence and Magic Effort, for some mental and magic powers.

Your Story.
An older race of beings said to have originated from somewhere else. Humanoid in shape, but tall and thin, with tentacles descending from their bald heads. Out of sight, beneath the world of light, they have been working alone in the quiet darkness of the surface's complacence. They are said to consume the brains of the living. They also are said to have impossible mental abilities. It is for these reasons that they are feared by those who have heard of them, spoken of in the shadows of whispers; the surface-dwellers calling them "mind flayer".

For a short time, the illithid in our story began it's life as a gainful member of his colony. However, born with an innate understanding and command of the arcane, he did not last long with his people. The arcane is not only frowned upon by these creatures, but prohibited. Klaurota was treated as a mutant, outcast from his people, cut off from the hive mind, alone, and left to wander the underground tunnels. This is where he was captured.

Last edited by pocketroid; 03-28-2019 at 04:33 PM.
Old 03-28-2019, 04:24 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
pocketroid pocketroid
Quote:
So: my PC was a big time ghost, a king of olde, that ruled over his cemetery, his previous life almost completely forgotten. Then this pious adventurer comes along and after beating my PC gives him a necklace that makes him tangible so he can be processed and executed by the law. But unbeknownst to the priest, the collar gave the spirit the chance to feel human again after centuries of un-life, but also he starts as a low level ghost
This is freakin' cool.