RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 05-21-2019, 06:46 PM
Devil's Jester

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 830
Skryptik Skryptik Skryptik Skryptik Skryptik Skryptik Skryptik
Birthright - The Sword of Roele

Applications Closed

The Quick and Dirty
Ruleset: D&D 5e with Birthright Conversion
Campaign World: Cerilia (Birthright)
Flavor: Political Intrigue / Epic Adventure / Domain Rule
Description
A campaign broken up into three Acts:
  • Act 1 : The Southern Gambit
  • Act 2 : The Sword of Roele
  • Act 3 : The Crown of Swords
Each Act will involve 4-6 PCs of 4th level representing various factions throughout the southern realms. In between each act the players will zoom out to a macro level and take the reins of their respective chosen factions, making decisions that could impact their characters in the midst of adventure. We will use the conversion rules to play out a full domain turn allowing the players to navigate the political mess that is the broken empire of Anuire. Once the domain turn is resolved we resume play into the following Act of the story.
Please read the Game Information block for details on characters and important links regarding the campaign world.

History
right-aligned image

The Ruins of Empire

It has been over 5 centuries since the death of the last emperor Michael Roele. After years spent in a campaign that united most of the Cerilian peoples under one banner Roele poured his armies into the cragged wasteland domain of the feared awnshegh, the Gorgon. The knights and soldiers of the Anuirean empire cut a deep swathe into the Gorgon's territory, further than any could have anticipated but the foul magics and beasts at the Gorgon's command proved to be too much as they neared the capital city Kal-Saitharak. As his armies were cut down and pushed back, the wrathful vengeance in the Emperor's heart consumed him and pushed him forward. Michael Roele met the Gorgon in ferocious single combat that day, their swords striking against each other in resounding echoes throughout the canyons of the forsaken realm. Alas for the empire of mankind, it was the Gorgon's sword that struck the final blow that day.

Following his death, the empire Roele had spent his life building fell into utter collapse. It started with rebellions as Brechtur and Rjurik lands pushed the Anuirean lords out and broke free from their banners. Khinasi lands followed suit and all the while, the Dukes and Barons of the once glorious Anuirean realms fell into squabbling amongst each other in their selfish desire for power. Anuire broke out into civil wars that lasted nearly 100 years until the two most powerful houses (the Boeruines and the Avans) met under the white flags of truce and signed the Treaty of Anuire. While this quelled the worst of the in-fighting, border skirmishes and shows of force between rivals continue to this day.

There seems to be no end to the division and conflict as the most powerful feudal lords continue to present the evidence of their claims while denouncing the evidence of the others. Those with any sense keep a mindful eye to the dark clouds in the northeast, fully aware of the true threat that seems content to bide his time. Despite all the disagreements amongst the Anuirean people on who should lead they all have one thing in common. Fear of the Gorgon. For it will not matter whose claim is the strongest when the Gorgon's armies are fully unleashed upon a divided realm.

left-aligned image
Act I: The Southern Gambit

In light of the looming threat of war potentially ripping through the lesser realms of Anuire that won't take sides and the fact that the clouds over the Gorgon's Crown grow ever darker, many of the regents along the Southern Coast and Eastern Marches have formed a quiet alliance. Roesone, Medeore and Ilien have always been on good terms but recently even the largely neutral minded Queen of Aerenwe has come to realize the need for cooperation. To the east, the Lady Cariele of Coeranys has given sway towards the alliance with one conditional request.

Separating Lady Cariele's domain from the Southern Coast is the wide flat countryside of Osoerde. The current regent of Osoerde, a man named Jaison Raenech, has very recently and very openly announced his support of the indomitable Baron of Ghoere, Gavin Tael. Tael is widely known as the most dangerous and power hungry of perhaps all the major Anuirean lords. His armies are fearsome and well supplied and given that his large domain is centrally located, shows of force along all of his borders are highly effective at maintaining this perception. There are rumors that he demands his vassals and lesser lords to sacrifice their noble bloodlines to increase the power of his own and if they refuse... he performs pierced through the heart with a powerful weapon in a ritualistic mannnerbloodtheft.

So why would Raenech side with such a dangerous man who might easily steal his bloodline and his lands? The answer to that question is not obvious to most but those who know are not at all surprised by this turn of events. Raenech, in fact, stole his own bloodline from the former regent of Osoerde, Gerold Moergan. The self proclaimed Duke of the Marches is a usurper and just as cruel and power hungry as the man whom he claims allegiance to. There is hope however to restore the power in this land and bridge the gap between the sensible realms of the east and southern coast.

When Raenech killed the ailing Moergan and took the regency, he claimed to one and all that his line had died with him. The truth however is that his son and heir William Moergan had been sent away and hidden secretly in the marshes by priests of Haelyn. This bit of news was discovered by the intrepid dwarf Diirk Watershold who runs the Royal Guild of Baruk Azhik which happens to have a very prominent presence in Osoerde. Though it fronts as your typical collection of dwarven merchants and agencies of commerce, it is in fact a prominent source of espionage for the dwarves of Baruk Azhik and their allies... which happens to include their beloved neighbor... Lady Eluvie Cariele.

The game begins in the court of Eluvie Cariele as agents from allied factions across the southern coast and eastern marches gather to plot a course that returns the power of Osoerde to the rightful heir and finally solidify the southern lines against the war hungry Baron of Ghoere.

Characters

General Info

Important Links
The 5E Birthright Conversion - Most of the information below is either summarized from the information here or alters it in minor ways.
The Birthright Wiki - This is a resource for pretty much anything you might want to know about the campaign world.
Map of Anuire * Map of the Southern Coast * Map of the Eastern Marches
5e SRD

Starting Level: 4th
Stat Generation:
  • Standard Point Buy (27 Points)
  • If you choose to be a "Blooded Scion" you gain the Bloodline attribute and have 30 points to distribute
  • Any character who does not choose to be a scion will gain a +1 to a stat of their choosing in addition to all other bonuses.
Hit Dice: Max at 1st level, choose to take the fixed gain from the PHB or roll on the game board after being accepted. (Warning: If you roll a 1 there will be no rerolls! I am firm on that, it is the risk that you take with rolling.)

I will be using the 5th edition conversion for Birthright by Marsupialmancer on GM Binder. Some of the more noticeable differences occur with the races. The world of Cerilia does not include dragonborn, half-orc, tiefling or gnome as playable options and I will be adhering to this. As per the conversion material, Elves are Sidhelien, dwarves are Karamhul and halflings are Umbric.

The Regency Game

The Regency Game

Between each Act of the adventure there will be an assumed passage of time that allows for some major events to unfold in the timeline of the entire region. While you operate as agents for your respective allegiances in the thick of intriguing adventure, the powers that be must still deal with the world at large. Upon the close of an Act, we will enter into a regency game. You will each have a forum for your domain or holdings and I will present to you the state of affairs at the end of the Act. Events that your adventuresome PCs have created or ended may become part of that presentation. We will progress through a full domain turn and resolve all actions until a final resolution is determined within the timeline of all events. This may then affect the situation the PCs find themselves in during the Second Act. This will repeat at the end of the Second Act. The following choices are available to players at the beginning of the game.

Applications
Applications Closed

Name:
Race:
Class:
Archetype:
Bloodline: (Only applies if you intend to play a scion descended from the ancient bloodlines. Note- Azrai is not an option.)
Background: (Personality/Ideal/Bond/Flaw)

Deity: (If it applies, must be nonevil Cerilian deity)

Domain/Holding Allegiance: (If you are part of a retinue or owe allegiance to a regent or seat of power please describe it here)

History: (Try to make this as applicable to the setting as possible with some detail behind how your character has gained the experience to be the level they are. Keep in mind at 4th level you could have significant status within most organizations or noble houses as a captain of guards, a sergeant of arms, an accomplished knight, sage or scholar of renown, mercenary captain, reformed bandit, Bishop of Canterbury, the list goes on)

Regency Choice: (During intermissions between acts which domain/holding would you most like to take actions for. List your top 3 in order.)

I have taken the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Skryptik; 06-08-2019 at 01:29 AM.
Old 05-21-2019, 08:07 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2551
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
This looks amazing! i have heard of birthright from Matt colville and he said it was one of his favorite settings so i am gonna throw my hat in the ring but i need some time to research a little bit. Now to choose between the knight general who leads troops from the front or the wizened wizard who has a greedy streak.

Family emergency, think i have PM'ed all the games i am in but just in case i will put it here as well. I am currently in a medical center with a family member. Posting will be slow to nonexistent for the near future.

Last edited by Rylus; 05-22-2019 at 11:02 AM.
Old 05-21-2019, 08:25 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 716
RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77
Interest. Had the core book years ago, Liked it never played. Reading up on the attched doc now and will put something together.
Old 05-21-2019, 09:11 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 866
Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama
Posting my interest, at the very least. I’m one of those crazy people who actually liked 2E’s rules and found things to be more detailed. I still have my Birthright boxed set.
Old 05-22-2019, 01:27 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 169
Yothmit Yothmit
Posting interest. I know Birthright only by reputation, but I already have a few ideas. Before I get too ahead of myself, though, what do you think of Inquisitive Rogues?
Old 05-22-2019, 02:50 AM
Great Derpy Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 726
Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral
Posting my interest. I've only vaguely heard of Birthright but it looks interesting. It's going to be a lot of reading up to get a decent BG going.

What would you say the proportion of Micro (Individual scale, adventuring and the like) vs Macro (Ruling domains, waging war) will be, roughly ?

Last edited by Sadral; 05-22-2019 at 02:54 AM.
Old 05-22-2019, 07:56 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3344
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Will be doing some reading but Very interested in the game. I am leaning towards a Anuriean Warlock at this time. I have to read on 5E creation as well as i still play 3.5 primarily.

Name: Vesden Amaranth
Race: Human (Anuriean)
Class: Warlock
Archetype:
Bloodline: Unblooded
Background: (Personality/Ideal/Bond/Flaw) Work in Progress!

Deity: (If it applies, must be nonevil Cerilian deity) Work in Progress

Domain/Holding Allegiance: (If you are part of a retinue or owe allegiance to a regent or seat of power please describe it here) Solo type Character Travels the world seeking injustice and delivering justice to those deserving.

History: (Try to make this as applicable to the setting as possible with some detail behind how your character has gained the experience to be the level they are. Keep in mind at 4th level you could have significant status within most organizations or noble houses as a captain of guards, a sergeant of arms, an accomplished knight, sage or scholar of renown, mercenary captain, reformed bandit, Bishop of Canterbury, the list goes on)

Regency Choice: (During intermissions between acts which domain/holding would you most like to take actions for. List your top 3 in order.)
Old 05-22-2019, 08:29 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2308
RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadral View Post
What would you say the proportion of Micro (Individual scale, adventuring and the like) vs Macro (Ruling domains, waging war) will be, roughly ?
I second this question. I'm intrigued by the idea of a high-Bloodline, high-Charisma Paladin built for rulership, but I don't want to cripple myself in combat if those things are a relatively small portion of the game.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:12 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 716
RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77
Question:

Does the Variant Human still get the 2 +1's and can they use one of the +1's for the blooded stat?

Also does the +1 in all stats include Blooded if not varient?

Same question for Half Elfs about the blooded stat.

Last edited by RedWolfe77; 05-22-2019 at 09:16 AM.
Old 05-22-2019, 10:13 AM
Devil's Jester

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
What would you say the proportion of Micro (Individual scale, adventuring and the like) vs Macro (Ruling domains, waging war) will be, roughly?
Great question.

The simple answer is that the game is intended to be skewed heavily towards the "micro". The PCs you create will be entirely invested into the action on the ground so to speak, the adventuring side of things where I would say rp and combat split roughly 50/50 (maybe leaning more towards rp early on).

That's not to say leadership qualities should be entirely overlooked but it's discretionary - you can certainly build to that over the course of 3 acts. I'd expect lvl 6 to be attainable by the end of the 1st act to give that some context.

The "macro" regency game is meant to be something extra. I felt like it would fit the Birthright theme and be a bit more interesting to have the players be a part of the larger scale events. The domains listed will come essentially prepackaged though there is certainly room for some creative license that could merit discussion.

Let me know if that sufficiently answers the question or if you have any more, I'll be happy to answer as best I can.

Quote:
Does the Variant Human still get the 2 +1's and can they use one of the +1's for the blooded stat?

Also does the +1 in all stats include Blooded if not varient?

Same question for Half Elfs about the blooded stat.
You raise a good point here and something I think the conversion may have missed. The feat variant needs to have a cost in place to make it balanced with the base stat increase. The Anuirean human replaces the PHB human so the stat increase changes from +1 across the board to 2 +1s or a +2 any. I am in the office right now and will need to consider this more. I will have a better answer this afternoon.

As for the Bloodline ability score, it is valid as a recipient of undefined bonus points at creation so yes you can place your nondescript +1s there.

Old 05-22-2019, 10:52 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2551
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
Question if a druid does take on regency (Which the website says is rare not unheard of) can they learn realm magic? Because if i am reading the description of realm magic correctly any blooded scion can learn it so i just want to make sure i am understanding that right.
Family emergency, think i have PM'ed all the games i am in but just in case i will put it here as well. I am currently in a medical center with a family member. Posting will be slow to nonexistent for the near future.
Old 05-22-2019, 02:38 PM
Devil's Jester

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Question if a druid does take on regency (Which the website says is rare not unheard of) can they learn realm magic? Because if i am reading the description of realm magic correctly any blooded scion can learn it so i just want to make sure i am understanding that right.
Yes - Human Druids follow the religion of Erik and so would be able to cast realm magic that requires a temple. Elves typically don't revere Gods and gain their druidic magic from the connection to the land itself allowing them to use sources. Half Elves could go either way. Technically any temple holding requires the power to be siphoned through the worship of a God. Sources require the power to come from being able to tap into mebhaighl (arcane).

Old 05-22-2019, 03:04 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 169
Yothmit Yothmit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skryptik View Post
You raise a good point here and something I think the conversion may have missed. The feat variant needs to have a cost in place to make it balanced with the base stat increase. The Anuirean human replaces the PHB human so the stat increase changes from +1 across the board to 2 +1s or a +2 any.
I think it's balanced fine. You have to add in to your reckoning the cultures, which give you another +1 to effectively any stat, meaning you can (for example) make an Anuirean with 18 charisma at level 1! If anything, this fixed the problem with the PHB humans. +1 across the board sounds nice, but it's actually really weak, because a lot of those +1s will just go to waste. Most barbarians, for instance, won't do anything with an int bonus, or wizards with str.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:43 PM
Devil's Jester

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
what do you think of Inquisitive Rogues?
@Yothmit I missed this earlier, I haven't actually seen an inquisitive rogue in play but from the looks of the archetype on paper it fits well into the theme of the game certainly.

The imbalance on initial bonus to attributes comes from the fact that the conversion attempts to replace the PHB +1 across all stats with 2 +1s or a single +2. The feat variant from the PHB comes with 2 +1s so the only thing you lose out on by taking the feat variant is the option to take a single +2.

I think to compensate for this I will house-rule the feat variant as only having a single free +1 to place.

Old 05-22-2019, 10:38 PM
Great Derpy Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 726
Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Aerinn Liadonel
Race: Half Elf
Class: Bard
Archetype: Lore
Bloodline: Unblooded
Background: Courtier
Deity: Much like the elves from whom she received her education, Aerinn does not worship any god. In order to avoid potential conflict, should someone ask her in human territories she would answer Nesirie, according to Aerenwe's state religion.
Domain/Holding Allegiance: Owes allegiance to Liliene Swordwraith, Cole and Cale Alwier. Minor allegiance to the elves of Northvale.

Physical description : Aerinn stands at about five feet and two inches tall. Her dark red hair usually would extend towards the middle of her back, but is often styled in a neatly pulled together bun, with only a few loose strands of hair forming bangs left and right of her half-elven face. Relic of her human time, her eyes stayed deep, dark green.
Borrowing the lean, slender shape of an elf, her build is a bit heavier, closer to a human. By the way she moves, she could be described as graceful and agile, quick on her feet.
As to hide her slightly pointy ears in less distinguished company, she usually wears heavy hooded dresses, sometimes hiding light armor when she travels between two regions.
On the go, most of her possessions are carried in a wooden box hanging by a single strap around her shoulder, with little leather pockets and satchels sewn along the strap.
Personnality Trait : Jovial and curious, the half elf is blessed or cursed by a near pathological curiosity. She always want to know how things work or came to be, what makes people tick. For her, a machine or a mind are series of turning cogs and she thrives in studying how they fit together.
Despite her love for the sidhelien village who brought her to what she is today, she still holds a bit of resentment from not having been explained the full extent of her teaching's consequences and transformation beforehand. On top of it, being unable to see her past family has always been a bitter point for her.
Ideal : Everyone should be free to pursue his or her goals, but one's freedom stops where another's begin. Walk on her toes and you'll feel it.
Bond : Aerinn owes her college and sidhelien village a great debt for forging her into what she is today. Furthermore, the Queen who accepted and sheltered her after her return from the forest have proven to be one worth pledging her undying fealty to.
Flaw : Curiosity killed the cat ? It might one day be the end the half elf too. Aerinn can also be impatient and easily frustrated when things don't go her way. She can even grow hot tempered at times. The woman isn't good in a fight but not afraid to pick one.
Furthermore, she takes it badly to someone walking on her turf. A similarly skilled musician playing where she usually does ? That's an explosive situation. If the musician is much better than her however, she would try everything to raise herself to his level, possibly getting reckless in the process. She isn't too prideful however and might go to this person to get insight and advice from them.

History:
Born in the beautiful and touristic city of Halrieden, Ophelia was the daughter of a couple of scholars : Armand and Ves Delann, much like the three generations that came before them, were at the service of the Halried familiy.
More specifically, Armand was countess Lobelia's main translator. The Halried house had always been fond of foreign stories, tales of wars from across the world or sidhelian poetry. As such, the Delann family was thriving in Halried. That is, until tragedy stroke them when Ves passed from a pulmonary disease.
For all his linguistic talents, Armand was left terribly unequipped to deal with a demanding career and a 5 years old child. Resourceful as he was, the man managed pretty well against all odds, often forced to bring the quiet girl with him to his studies as he was working, mixing both tasks as diligently as possible. Too young to realize the hurdles of her family, Ophelia grew up a rather happy child, books and scrolls for companions, heraldry for distraction, records of long dead knights' feats for lullabies.
Over the years, all were in the opinion that Ophelia would inherit and uphold the family's business and legacy, the young human having a knack for learning ancient languages and recent court gossip alike. More surprising, she even started to show proficiency in sidhelien under the tutelage of her father, fueled by a growing taste for elven lore. Far from fluent by any means of course, but a remarkable effort nonetheless.

A few months after her sixteenth birthday, Armand and his now assistant daughter were summoned to the countess' demesne. To their surprise, countess Lobelia needed them to travel north of the realm under the request of Liliene Swordwraith herself. A diplomatic disaster was looming and the Halried family had accepted to lend their aids to the Queen.
In a rather prosperous and safe kingdom at the time, the Delann's trip from Halrieden to Calrie was rather uneventful. The kid was confronted to her first armed combat as their escorts had to fend off a group of bandits, but despite some maiming, no lives were lost on either sides.
No surprises, at least until they reached their destination. Sworn to secrecy, their objectives was unexpected to say the least: At the heart of the Northvale region of the Erebannien, a fabled but all too real community of elves had sent a warning to their ever expanding human neighbors. A small scale conflict had arisen and a group of mercenaries had killed two elves.

In order to resolve the tense situation, and with the Alwier twins unavailable, the queen decided dispatch a task-force of rangers to parley with the withdrawn community. As a gesture of goodwill, she wanted to include a sidhelien translator to ensure a smooth meeting.
Thus, four of the realm's finest rangers, a scholar and his young assistant departed for the heart of Northvale as an ambassadorial mission.
Of course the resulting conversation was rather heated : The elves were rightly outraged by the cold murder of two of their own, apparently unwarranted. The humans had slain the sidheliens for the simple glory of it, and in the racist tensions between the two people, the crime of a human was de facto the responsibility of their leader. In a climate of growing mistrust, much effort was needed to be made for the peace to remain. As a matter of fact, it is very possible that killings would have ensued should the queen not have the foresight and wisdom of using sidhelien speakers to handle the negotiation. The elves were pleasantly surprised to face someone knowing their language and, to an extent, customs. Despite the sidhe's ire Armand and, surprisingly, Ophelia made a reasonable argument to support the Queen's claims and offerings.
Yet, a great offense had been made and some form of retribution, warranted. Among numerous concessions made by the rangers, one major request came up : Since they could not find the adventurers responsible, the curious young human able to speak their language was to remain in their care, to be taught in the ways of the elves. They hoped that maybe a greater understanding between their peoples could prevent such acts of savagery to ever happen again.

Unaware of the potential consequences of such a demand, Ophelia actually almost exploded of joy at the idea ! The inquisitive, curious and jovial teen had been fed stories about the elven people since she was big enough to hold a book, or even before. Her father of course was less than thrilled at the request. He firmly opposed it, outraged, but it quickly became clear that the rangers were ordered to preserve the peace at any cost, or close. Unequivocally, they forced Armand's hand, accepting the elves terms in full.
What Ophelia didn't know was the true reasoning behind such a request. Indeed, the elves of Northvale, having lost the bulk of their population to the Gheallie Sidhe, or Hunt of the Elves, devised a plan similar to the kingdom of Tuarhievel : the Cynlluniau Sidhe. End conflict by subversion rather than violence. They would teach the girl, raise her as one of their own, entrust their ways and lore in her to one day positively influence humans. A Trojan horse that wasn't meant for annihilation but slow transformation of human society.

For the following years, Ophelia was taught in sidhelien culture and history, language and lore, myths and legends, music and arts.
True to her nature, the woman was more than eager to comply under the tutelage of Allanlaigh Wilosbhent, a member of one of the fabled bardic colleges.
As she progressed, she was carefully introduced to magic : Unable to access the mebhaigl by blood, her tutor taught her to manipulate the world energies through music and chant. There is power in oral tradition, and Ophelia was fascinated by the wealth of knowledge introduced to her.
So fascinated really that it took several years for her to notice the subtle, progressive changes in her. A combination of the deep forests' Sources, a price to pay for the teaching she received, the close proximity to elven culture and environment affected her mentally and physically. She grew leaner, slender, the traits of her face softening, the tip of her ears growing pointier. Her skin was fairer and her hair darker, keeping odd hues of dark red.
To say the woman was freaked out by her metamorphosis would be an understatement. With that realization, the bliss of learning became the burden of fate. It meant it was time for her to know her true purpose. Her mentor laid it out for her : The foundations had been laid during her training, the explanations made easier by her ability to see the world through elven eyes. She was to be sent back in human realms in a few years, becoming an agent of liaison between humanity and the fae touched people. The now half sidhelien was to observe and influence, to gain ranks in the mortal world and guide her formed brethren on a less destructive path.

left-aligned image
Facing this crushing responsibility, it took quite some time to accept her new reality. Too late to go back, she was now a Hanner sidhe, heart of the Cynlluniau Sidhe like many before her.
Probably the hardest blow was to discover that there was no coming back to her old life. Under the elven spell there was no telling how much time had passed in the outside world. She was no longer the same and neither was the world she was to come back to. Furthermore, to cover the Hanner Sidhe process she was to say that she was the offspring of a human and an elf, being denied the possibility to see her father ever again. No family meant greater dedication to her objectives.

After ten years and one day of training at the hands of the college, the half elf was deemed ready to leave the forest. The small sidhe court summoned Aerenwe's rangers to entrust them Ophelia, now renamed after the sidhe name of Aerinn Liadonel during her rite of passage.
Carried by Aerinn, a message informed the Queen's and Alwiers's diplomats that, as agreed during the previous negotiations, the sidhe community was sending one of theirs to serve the realm. A gift of peace and a tool : the kingdom was free to use her as they saw fit, and should the need arise she would handle the communication between the humans and the Northvale community.

Brought to the court, Aerinn learned that not ten but seventeen years had passed outside the forest. Her father was still alive but meeting him was forbidden by the Hanner Sidhe. Of course, Lady Swordwraith and the Alwiers were aware of the Cynlluniau Sidhe and agreed to it.

Aerinn's introduction to the court went smoothly, albeit slowly. It took some time for the nobles to trust the half elf's ability and loyalty to the crown. She started at first simple interpret and translator. Her training among the elves gave her the ability to understand almost any language given the time, and this proved a great boon for the young woman. The court is always hungry for foreign stories and poetry, in Calrie like in Halrieden. Thus the half sidhe made influential friends across the realm by reading or performing for rich, bored nobles who at first were guarded towards her. Her musical talents quickly got recognized by the queen's agents and made to profit the crown.
Sending Aerinn to perform in other regions, they progressively started using her to increase the size of their web of contacts and relations, the bard quickly becoming an ambassadorial asset.
To her previous duties were added treaty negotiations, trade deals with other guilds and realms and sometimes, spying on court's gossip to try and divine the intentions of neighbors towards the Queen.

As such, when the allies of the Southern Coast called for Aerenwe's help, the realm answered : Aerinn was sent along with others to Eluvie Cariele's court with the purpose of helping manage the coming crisis to the full extent of her capabilities.

Regency Choice: 1. Aerenwe 2. High Mage Aelies 3. Ilien

A few questions :
- I might have missed it, but did you say how many people you'll be taking with you in this adventure ?
- Can multiple PCs belong to a single faction/owe an allegiance to the same regency ?
- How do you feel about Hanner Sidhes, the variant origin for Half elves ?
- I cannot find confirmation or refutation of this, can we consider that some elves are living in the Erebannien ? They are said to live in ancient forests but not one in particular.

Last edited by Sadral; 05-30-2019 at 01:32 PM.