RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 06-02-2019, 11:53 AM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16609
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
That just means that if they've met it might not have been a power thing. Nothing brings people together quite like a stolen wallet. :P
Old 06-02-2019, 11:54 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1183
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
lol...Renata was actually a neighborhood vigilante too...even before her psychic powers 'popped.'
Old 06-02-2019, 12:02 PM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Well Tommy wasn't violent if that helps. More a thief, con-artist, and pick-pocket. :P
Old 06-02-2019, 12:06 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
Ahh gotcha. That reduces the chance of contact. And Renata limited her activities to the university before she got powers too. Once she had TK, she dared range into the neighboring areas as well. It's not impossible that they might have tangled if Wildcard had set off an alarm, or someone noticed him pickpocketing them.

But that might not fit the facts.

Another possible link would be if they were in the same pre-contingent membership training program, if such a thing exists? They could possibly have joined at roughly the same time.
Old 06-02-2019, 12:13 PM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
That one is totally doable. We'd have to explain why Wildcard got through first but it could be a matter of his other skills.
Old 06-02-2019, 12:16 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Renata does juggle this with other things too, so maybe she just was slower to 'activate' because she didn't have as many hours logged or something.
Old 06-02-2019, 12:25 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 332
MrKinister MrKinister MrKinister MrKinister
Wildcard, by the nature of his powers, and his personal (and official) track record, is currently a contingent member.

Nonetheless, his contributions to the team have been appreciated. =)

"Life doesn't give you purpose. You give live purpose." - The Flash
Old 06-02-2019, 12:31 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdant Glitter View Post
She is always wolfed-out, hahah I like that term, yes. The character concept is actually from my old City of Heroes/Villains character (Super Strength/Invincibility Brute, fun times,) who is an errant hound of the Wild Hunt. Being a pack animal, she does work well with others and takes orders well, she just doesn't give them easily (unless you count barking, howling, or growling as effective orders!) I could tweak up her old app and post it, let you read over it and see if she'd fit, if that'd just be an easier way to gauge if she'd work in the setting? :3
Ah, my favorite game. Glad it is back online. I was working on a heroic brute Dual Blades/Regeneration yesterday. =)

Ok, if she is always "wolfed-out" that will make things difficult. I would recommend her remaining in her normal human form, and going "wolfie" only when she needs it. Sort of a controlled "Hulk" transformation. Everything else can remain the same.

Is that amenable to you?

Old 06-02-2019, 12:32 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Wait, City of Heroes is back online???
Old 06-02-2019, 12:42 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
To answer the "how early did we have the powers?" question:

Let's say Wildcard acquired his "deck" only three months ago. Enough time for him to understand how to use it and "bond" with his cards, while allowing the Guardians to notice his activities and hence have an opening for his abilities to come under their consideration.

And, our recent two story lines have been limited to a single 24 hour period so far, so it's not like a whole lot of time has passed. =)

Old 06-02-2019, 12:46 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1090
AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ
I'd looked over your profiles, though I hadn't noticed blitz was also an inventor. I hope that's not an issue.
I had been thinking about applying with a character I call Paladin, but after seeing Wildcard and Eclipse I was like "mmmm maybe not".

As for Insider, he was discharged from the US military under classified circumstances. After reading Longarm's bio again it's plausible that Insider worked on that project. He's a renowned technologist after all, and it would explain why he was discharged and why it's all classified.

Last edited by AlphaZ; 06-02-2019 at 12:58 PM.
Old 06-02-2019, 12:52 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalmonMax View Post
Wait, City of Heroes is back online???
I thought you were playing it, and hence the comment.

Here,

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/index.php

The history of this is roughly so:

After the game closed down in 2012, an inside source passed a copy of the code to a private developer/party who has been keeping a secret private server active for seven years. Two months ago this whole thing was leaked, and the servers were thrown into the public limelight.

After a crap-load of drama, and fear of getting sued by NCSoft, the whole thing has settled down with the source code being made public, and several other servers coming up online as well. Now there are maybe seven public CoH server, and possibly an unknown amount of silent private servers running issue 24, and privately developed issue 25 online.

The link above is to the original Homecoming servers, which were the first ones to make a public server available.

No payment or subscriptions are allowed (although they are taking donations to cover hardware and bandwidth), in order to prevent the whole "for profit" lawsuit possibility from happening. But everything is still precarious since this is, in effect, unlicensed use of NCSoft's intellectual property. Nonetheless, they are aware that NCSoft is aware of their activities and have chosen not to take any action... so far.

Drama, drama, drama.

End result: go make an account and play CoH. There's many thousands of players (30,000 as of last weekend) with an account.

There's also several Discord servers on about it. And there has been some splintering of the various server teams due to different goals and directions.

More drama.

Anyways, it's back online, that's all that matters. =)

Go play it before an army of lawyers takes it all down again.

Old 06-02-2019, 12:53 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1347
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKinister View Post
Ah, my favorite game. Glad it is back online. I was working on a heroic brute Dual Blades/Regeneration yesterday. =)
I had played CoH from update 4 up until the minute they shut the official servers down. My first character (and the last one I played ever) was a Healing Defender who went by the name Silver Seraphim. I had played her for years and even had each of the anniversary badges. Held a torch in Atlas Park when the servers were shutting down.

... great, now I'm crying again. :/

Anywho, I really loved that game and wish I could have finished more of the stories that were there.

... Now I kinda want to make Silver Seraphim for MM3.
Old 06-02-2019, 12:53 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Yeah, I went and looked it up once I saw your first post. I'm already downloading it, lol...

Thanks!
Old 06-02-2019, 01:06 PM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
Neat! I played CoV back in the day.

[Vox, a Sound/Sound Tech Suit. The basic story was that he was an Anarchist Terrorist lashing out at corporations.

Also had more then a few question on how I could level up a Sound/Sound type without going insane from the audio cues of my own cooldowns. I had my computer playing music at the same time. :P]