Old 06-02-2019, 09:43 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 332
MrKinister MrKinister MrKinister MrKinister
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runetide View Post
I had played CoH from update 4 up until the minute they shut the official servers down. My first character (and the last one I played ever) was a Healing Defender who went by the name Silver Seraphim. I had played her for years and even had each of the anniversary badges. Held a torch in Atlas Park when the servers were shutting down.

... great, now I'm crying again. :/

Anywho, I really loved that game and wish I could have finished more of the stories that were there.

... Now I kinda want to make Silver Seraphim for MM3.
You are certainly free to present that concept. You can sure make Silver Seraphim in City of Heroes again, if you want.

I wasn't there when the servers shut down. I had stopped playing long before that, perhaps in 2006 or 2007. But I saw a lot of videos about the end of the game. They were very emotional. I can understand. =)

"Life doesn't give you purpose. You give live purpose." - The Flash
Old 06-02-2019, 09:45 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaZ View Post
Ha! True, true, but I'm just afraid she'd end up smiting Eclipse and Wildcard themselves. She has Favored Enemy: extradimensional evil, and they both seem to be powered by such...

But she would put a better face on the whole team.
I can share the character when I get back to my computer if you like.
Reformed master thief turned holy crusader, fights with a shield and javelin, bears blessed armor, and has an array of holy auras that buff allies within 30ft.
This is funny. With such a complication she'll surely want to smack 'em around... a lot. And Eclipse has a few surprises up her sleeves that this character might just fume over. =)

Old 06-02-2019, 09:49 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalladiaMors View Post
I've been tossing around a few ideas but can't really make up my mind, just throwing an interest check out there.

And also have been playing CoH a lot lately. Earlier today I spent considerable time as The Costume Critic, an ordinary guy in a suit, walking around Lady Liberty and insulting people's costumes while holding up the numbered judge cards. That's what I always loved about that game, you could spend so much time doing stupid things and just having fun.

"Oh, another Dr. Strange. And you forgot the mustache, deplorable. I give it a three."
Hah! I saw a Trump-lookalike agitating by Miss Liberty a few weeks ago. Go figure. Yes, you can do a lot of silly stuff in that game.

Old 06-02-2019, 09:51 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draidden View Post
Yeah. I did not see any other way to make a lvl 9 character. I actually used the random powers section for Powerhouse and then removed a few things to get down to lvl 9. Took me a while to figure out a couple of the power it gave me and how it got that point total. And then there were a couple options that I chose instead of rolling because I really liked the look of them.

I added a picture. Not overly happy with the head but it gives a good idea of what I have in mind.
Sounds great. I will have a chance to review all ideas closer to the end, and definitely after closing recruitment.

We can work any mechanics once a character is accepted.

Old 06-02-2019, 10:00 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLANI View Post
Hi!

Long time lurker here, but this game looks good and I would to offer up a character. I'm trying to keep the background a bit vague for maximum flexibility, but I can go deeper if needed.
Hello,

I had no idea people would lurk here. Interesting.

Re: Thesher

Nice concept. I gave it a quick look-see and it seems solid. I am curious about the trident,though. There are two qualities, "Dangerous" and "Disarming" that I am not familiar with. I am only really using the core rulebook. Are these coming from somewhere else?

Old 06-02-2019, 10:40 PM
Tactical Penguin

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
GOLANI GOLANI
I have been looking for a supers game for a while, saw your's pop up and decided to watch it a bit to see if I had a chance to put in a character. Often, things don't work out and I wave off. This time, I had a good concept ready to go, so I decided to give it a shot.

The traits come from the Gadget Guide. I'm using the Hero Lab on-line character builder to build Lorena. It gives me a list of traits automatically from any of the packages I bought...which includes the Gadget Guide. "Dangerous" is an increased critical threat range, (so, 19-20) but only when using the specified weapon. "Disarming" allows the character to attempt a disarm without a circumstance penalty when using that specific melee weapon.

The trident is a pre-built weapon that comes with Gadget Guide (I think), so I just dropped it in. I can remove/repurpose either of those traits if they are not kosher with you, they really don't impact the weapon's basic concept.

Last edited by GOLANI; 06-02-2019 at 10:44 PM.
Old 06-02-2019, 10:53 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLANI View Post
I have been looking for a supers game for a while, saw your's pop up and decided to watch it a bit to see if I had a chance to put in a character. Often, things don't work out and I wave off. This time, I had a good concept ready to go, so I decided to give it a shot.

The traits come from the Gadget Guide. I'm using the Hero Lab on-line character builder to build Lorena. It gives me a list of traits automatically from any of the packages I bought...which includes the Gadget Guide. "Dangerous" is an increased critical threat range, (so, 19-20) but only when using the specified weapon. "Disarming" allows the character to attempt a disarm without a circumstance penalty when using that specific melee weapon.

The trident is a pre-built weapon that comes with Gadget Guide (I think), so I just dropped it in. I can remove/repurpose either of those traits if they are not kosher with you, they really don't impact the weapon's basic concept.
I see. I don't mind them. They sound reasonable. I actually own the Gadget Guide, but I haven't really cracked it open. I will have a chance... right now.

Old 06-02-2019, 11:07 PM
Tactical Penguin

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
GOLANI GOLANI
Awesome
Old 06-03-2019, 12:27 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1140
AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKinister View Post
This is funny. With such a complication she'll surely want to smack 'em around... a lot. And Eclipse has a few surprises up her sleeves that this character might just fume over. =)
Ha! I haven't pored over her profile (admittedly just skimmed), but it seems pretty likely.

Let me throw in what I have saved in GDrive and you can have a look.

Last edited by AlphaZ; 06-03-2019 at 12:56 AM.
Old 06-03-2019, 07:02 AM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1447
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
So I have tried building her for MM3 using PL 9.

Silver SeraphimSilver Seraphim - PL 9
Strength -2, Stamina 0, Agility 2, Dexterity 0, Fighting 0, Intellect 2, Awareness 2, Presence 6
Advantages
Attractive 2, Evasion, Fearless, Languages 1, Move-by Action
Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+4), Athletics 4 (+2), Expertise: Basic Sciences 2 (+4), Perception 4 (+6), Persuasion 6 (+12), Ranged Combat: Feather Strike 4 (+4), Treatment 8 (+10)
Powers
Angel's Healing: Healing 10 (divine; Increased Range: ranged, Persistent, Stabilize)
. . Purify: Healing 8 (Alternate; Energizing, Restorative)
. . Resurrection: Healing 10 (Alternate; Resurrection)
Angelic Body: Immunity 10 (divine, Life Support)
Feather Strike: Damage 6 (divine, DC 21; Increased Range: ranged; Unreliable (5 uses), Notes: Regains charges by taking an action to regenerate new feathers)
Silver Skinned: Protection 8 (+8 Toughness; Impervious)
Silver Wings: Flight 8 (divine, Speed: 500 miles/hour, 1 mile/round; Wings)
Offense
Initiative +2
Feather Strike: Damage 6, +0 (DC 21)
Grab, +0 (DC Spec 8)
Throw, +0 (DC 13)
Unarmed, +0 (DC 13)
Complications
Fame: Inadvertently popular. It might be the silver skintight 'bodysuit', or the almost divinely attractive structure of her face, or the way she focuses on saving lives and has an angelic motif, but the people really like her.
Motivation: Responsibility: Driven by the divine energy within her, she has an innate need to heal those who are injured, both physically and emotionally.
Languages
English, Latin
Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 0, Fortitude 9, Toughness 8, Will 9
Power Points
Abilities 20 + Powers 74 + Advantages 6 + Skills 15 (30 ranks) + Defenses 20 = 135
Once an unpaid intern at a futuristics company pursuing the creation of stable wormholes, Caitlin was present when a terrorist goup attacked the labs just as they were starting a full-size wormhole test scenario. A thrown grenade landed near her hiding spot, and in her attempts to outrun the explosion was caught by the burst and flung bodily through the unstable wormhole.

When she was found months later in a crater outside of of a canadian truck stop, she had undergone a physical transformation. Her skin had become sleek and silver, and she had wings made of silver feathers.

She had been launched into a strange realm, where she had been dying of her wounds. There she had been met by a strange being, who had cured her injuries by infusing her with some of it's divine energy. She was permanently transformed.
Old 06-03-2019, 09:50 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 665
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku

Hero Alias: Medic

Hero Origin: Multiple Army Bases across the globe

Battle Type: Healer, Defender, Inventor

Biography:
Barry grew up as a military brat in a long line of family members that have served collectively in every branch of the military. He embraced the life and strived to excel in his field. He loved his country and learned that pride and having a common ground to fight for makes acting as a team easier. After graduating from West Point and joining the Army as a combat medic for his first two years, he discovered a growing need for quality medical care in the field. There was just only so much that someone can do with a medkit before shipping them off to a hospital to get out back together. During the time of transport, soldiers can die or the damage could become worse. There had to be a better solution.

He did a study of the physical abilities of the soldiers both pre and post injury. Despite the advances of medical technology, he found that there was never an instance where someone’s body was “just like new” after an operation. Some of the reasons were scar tissue inhibiting muscle movement and permanent nerve or brain damage that could never be fixed. If only there was a way to bring a person’s body back to the same condition where it was pre-injury. He turned to an unusual route to solve this problem, Quantum Physics. He joined the Army’s Weapon Development Program where he put his brilliant mind to work to develop technology in order to protect the lives of the soldiers.

The concept was simple in theory but much harder to execute. Simply turn back time to a point where the person’s body was undamaged. Any scientist can tell you there is an almost infinite number of factors when dealing with altering time and how much. Eventually, he made a device called the “Quantum Matrix”. It was a device that when used correctly could reverse a short period of time in a confined space. Such a concept was applicable to both organic and inorganic material to fix objects as well as people. In order for it to work though, the operator had to manually calculate and input a multitude of factor and probabilities into the device’s program per use. Such factors included: object mass, point of desired time, current time, distance, etc. only those of extremely high intellect and proficiency, like Barry, could input such data fast enough to make the device work. Tests were conducted in the field with excellent results.

There were two problems with this technology: pretty much only Barry could do it and he would be putting himself at extreme physical risk without some sort of protection from stray bullets or debris. The military sent him the specs for a battle suit they had been working on, but unable to fully put together. He finished the design and was able to implant the Quantum Matrix into the design. The result was the Quantum Matrix Medical Response Suit. Barry only completed the suit with the stipulation that he had ownership of the prototype and would build other suits for the military to claim after it. He spent the next couple of years producing more suits and using his own in the field to save lives. He was then named the Medic by all the guys and women in the military who he had saved.

He honorably retired from the military at the age of 30 to pursue more technological advances in the field of medicine and biological enhancement on his own time. When he heard the Silver Guardians were looking to recruit new founding members, he used his old contacts to get ahold of them and present his resume and demonstrate his skills through their trials.

Strengths:
Combat Medic able to revive the recently deceased, really tough, Able to craft mission-specific inventions in minutes

Weaknesses:
Doesn’t attack others, Similar to Tony Stark without his Iron Man suit (really smart and can throw something useful together but is only good for one mission like the first suit he built in the cave)

Medic - PL 9

Abilities:
Strength 0
Stamina 0
Agility 0
Dexterity 0
Fighting 0
Intellect 6
Awareness 4
Presence 0

Advantages:
Benefit: Security Clearance
Contacts
Improvised Tools
Inventor
Well-Informed
Skill Mastery: Technology
Equipment: Rank 1

Skills:
Athletics 6 (+6)
Investigation 8 (+14)
Perception 8 (+12)
Technology 12 (+18)
Treatment 8 (+14)
Insight 6 (+10)
Vehicles 4 (+4)

Powers:
“Quantum Matrix” Medical Response Suit (Removable -15 points)
. . Healing 9 (Affects Objects, Resurrection, Persistent, Stabilize, Limited: Others, Check Required: Technology 18, Distracting)
. . Quickness 9
. . Protection 14 (Impervious 14)
. . Enhanced Strength 9 (Limited to Lifting)
. . Flight 6 (Aquatic)
. . Immunity 2 (Suffocation effects)
. . Communication 3 (Radio Waves)
. . Feature 1 (Quick Change)
. . Movement 1 (Underwater Adaptation)
. . Senses 3 (Darkvision, Infravision, Low Light Vision)

Gear:
Cell Phone
Computer
Multi-Tool

Offense :
Initiative +0
No offensive capabilities

Defense:
Dodge 4 (+4)
Fortitude 9 (+9)
Parry 4 (+4)
Toughness 0/14 (Protection 14/Impervious 14)
Will 5 (+9)

Complications:
Patriotism: Barry grew up as a military brat in a long line of family members that have served collectively in every branch of the military. He embraced the life and strived to excel in his field. After graduating from West Point and Medical School, he joined the Army’s Weapon Development Program where he put his brilliant mind to work to develop technology in order to protect the lives of the soldiers.
Honor: When Barry became a doctor, he took the Hippocratic Oath. He will not willingly cause serious physical harm to anyone including a violator of the law. He is meant to save lives not take them.

Languages:
English

Power Points:
Abilities 20 + Advantages 7 + Skills 26 + Powers 60 + Defenses 22 = 135 points
Old 06-03-2019, 01:38 PM
I'm Super! thx for asking

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1405
Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKinister View Post
I have never played 1st Edition. But the 3rd Edition seems easy to grasp to me, and is relatively less crunchy than other similar heroic games out there.

Why don't you start with a concept and we'll work from there.

You are going to need a copy of the game. Do you have a PDF or a physical book?
Sorry, I thought I had subscribed to this thread (so didn't see a response). I have the PDF of 3rd edition.

Thinking of something along the lines of:

- Mr. Fantastic clone (so a hero with enlongation powers)

- Time powers w/ healing potential (uses time control to reverse damage)

- Cybernetic ninja (based on the character someone played in a game that I ran)
Old 06-03-2019, 02:36 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaZ View Post
Oh no I just misunderstood his signature line.
So I guess that's that then.
I see what you mean. I remember that signature line. It was on his profile maybe from around late November, early December?, give or take, from the holidays last year. That's when he announced that he was stepping out of all his games for a while.

Old 06-03-2019, 02:49 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1241
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
Since we've discussed some changes/clarifications for Fulcrum, would you like me to resubmit, or are you okay with using the current submission?

The mechanics aren't changing, if that helps.
Old 06-03-2019, 02:52 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 665
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstrength79 View Post
- Time powers w/ healing potential (uses time control to reverse damage)
Got there one post before ya. Great minds think alike lol.