RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 06-08-2019, 05:22 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 785
chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29
@Gualdarrama
Have you seen or heard anything from Nikolas? I am beginning to think his game is dead in the water.

Last edited by chubbyninja29; 06-08-2019 at 07:19 PM.
Old 06-08-2019, 07:17 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1066
RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77
Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbyninja29 View Post
@Gualdarrama
Have you seen or heard anything from Nikolas? I am beginning to think his game is dead in the water.
He plays in one of my games, We haven't seen him since the 1st of June.
Old 06-08-2019, 11:43 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 152
Valornor Valornor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hox View Post
I think I got everyone who requested feedback. Sorry if I missed you. I'm going to take this week to set up the game and make selections/ start up the game next weekend.

Secret Text for: Valornor
Ok, I did as you suggested. To make it easier for you to find. I put in Bold text the large section of new material that I wrote.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:43 PM
Derpy cat

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1616
Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral
There hasn't been an update in a while. Is this game still alive?
Old 06-14-2019, 12:46 PM
Young Adult Kobold

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 190
Hox Hox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadral View Post
There hasn't been an update in a while. Is this game still alive?
Yes. I've been setting up the game thread and will be selecting players tonight.
Old 06-14-2019, 06:13 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 507
Houtoku Houtoku Houtoku Houtoku Houtoku Houtoku
It's cool, you did say previously that you'd be trying to get everything sorted to start this weekend.
Current Games: Broken Isles
Old 06-15-2019, 03:39 AM
Young Adult Kobold

Tools
User Statistics
Hox Hox
Okay. Iíve messaged everyone who is in.

It was hard to pick out four, and I was really tempted to either run a second group or run an enormous group. Thanks, everyone, for your time and interest.
Old 06-15-2019, 06:10 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1066
RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77
Good luck everyone who made it in.
Old 06-16-2019, 12:53 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 507
Houtoku Houtoku Houtoku Houtoku Houtoku Houtoku
le sadz.

lmk if you need a replacement at any point
Current Games: Broken Isles
Old 11-10-2019, 08:25 PM
Young Adult Kobold

Tools
User Statistics
Hox Hox
Thread necromancy powers activate!

Looking for one more player to replace a dropout. Mostly anything is welcome, but wizard/artificer would be preferred. Also, if anyone wants to play an awakened cat with a buttery-smooth baritone, this is your chance.
Old 11-11-2019, 03:07 AM
Crazy Kobold

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6293
Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere
Going to take a proper look through the game later but what does the current party consist of?

Edit: Also what rules are you using for an artificer? I don’t suppose it’s these ones?

Last edited by Alatere; 11-11-2019 at 03:42 AM.
Old 11-11-2019, 11:05 AM
Crazy Kobold

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6293
Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Lucian Stormwalker
Race: Human
Class: Artificer
Background: Guild Artisan
Personality Trait: I’m fascinated by new things and must understand how they work. I can’t resist a secret and I can’t stop until I find a solution to a puzzle.
Ideal: Destroying something is easy. Creating something new is the real challenge!
Bond: My family are a bunch of fools. One day I shall show the world that their way of thinking is wrong.
Flaw: I have a short attention span and am easily distracted by whatever catches my attention.

Appearance: Lucian stands at a respectable height of 5’10, while he is not the tallest of men he has never been considered short. His build is light and wirey having only a little obvious muscle and hardly any excess fat. His face is youthful and slightly on the delicate side hinting at a trace of elven blood many generations back. His hair is kept fairly short and is brown and wavy and is usually held back by a pair of artificer’s goggles when they are not in their proper place on the young man’s face.

Lucian tends to dress with practicality in mind, he most often wears an outfit consisting of a well made set of riding boots, dark sturdy trousers, a simple white shirt and reinforced leather overcoat with a number of built in pockets and belts for attaching tools and supplies to. In addition to this he his rarely ever seen without a number of pouches, small bags and satchels on his person. He also has a tendency to wear a set of leather fingerless gloves and a pair of artificers goggles on his head.

Personality: Lucian is a friendly sort and gets on well with other people though he has a tendency to be easily distracted by whatever catches his attention. Lucian has keen mind and an insatiable curiosity, he can not stand not knowing how something works and an unsolved mystery tends to gnaw at the back of the young man’s mind until he can take it no more and he has no choice but to find an answer. What Lucian enjoys more than anything else is creating new things (particular if they are unique) whether they are simple carvings or epic spells it matters not, only that something new and unique has been created.

What Lucian hates more than anything else is destruction for destruction sakes. Lucian hates peoples that destroy things for fun particular items that has significant effort put in to their creation.

Lucian is a risk taker and can be a little reckless at times both with his experiments and with life in general. This however is only with his own personal safety and he tends to be much more considerate when others are involved.

Background: Lucian was the third son of Alderac and Talia Stormwalker and as such was considered as what passed for nobility in Shipwreck. His early life was somewhat privileged and comfortable when compared to the common folk of Shipwreck, he never had to deal with food shortages and while others often struggled for resources his family were always provided with what they desired.

As the three children began to get older they started to be given lessons in both swordplay and how to unlock their bloodlines aswell as their duties as a noble. Lucian found swordplay a dull and brutish activity and could never muster up the proper enthusiasm to mastering the art, likewise he objected to the lessons on nobility he was given as the teachings of his family sounded too much like they were oppressing and taking advantage of the common folk rather than attempting to make their lives better. The one thing that the young Lucian did enjoy studying about however was magic and he couldn’t get enough of that subject though he was somewhat disappointed when he discovered that his own family did not fully understand the magic in their blood.

Years passed and eventually both of Lucian’s older brothers unlocked their bloodlines and became quite skilled with a blade but Lucian had shown no indication of unlocking his own magical abilities nor interest in swordsmanship. Whispers began to spread of the fact that Lucian was actually the product of an extramarital affair and that his lack of magical ability was due to his blood being unpure. Lucian scoffed at these rumours, the resemblance he had with his brothers and father was too close to be pure chance and besides Lucian had already begun to doubt the superiority of the Stormwalker bloodline. Still even if he could not use it thanks to his studies Lucian understood magic in ways his brothers could not.

Years continued to pass and still Lucian did not unlock his bloodline. Lucian began to notice he was being ostracised more and more (he was often excluded from important events or conveniently forgotten about), his brothers had also begun to treat him like a third class citizen, taking great delight in both mocking and belittling him or besting him in contests of arms or magic. Lucian also began to notice how hard the common folk of Shipwreck had it and the inequality that his family maintained. There was little Lucian could do about it at this time so he relegated it to the back of his mind and instead focused on study. Lucian turned his mind to learning all he could about magic but at the same time he began to circulate Shipwreck and learn of other crafts in an effort to not only understand the people of Shipwreck but to perhaps also find a way he could be of use and help the people.

The day eventually came when Lucian realised he was no longer living at his family home but was instead rotating around the various craftspeople that he had apprenticed himself to. While Lucian had not been officially exiled from the family he had been excluded to such an extent that he might aswell have been by now. Cut off from the support of his family Lucian was certainly no longer as financially well off as he had once been but he found that his life was much more satisfying now that his efforts went towards bettering the lives of the people of Shipwreck. A favourite hobby of Lucian’s was recovering salvage from around Shipwreck and restoring it to its previous function or finding a new function for it.

RP Sample: Lucian slowly crept down the shoreline towards the old wreck that had washed up on the beach less than an hour ago, usually such an event would have had hundrerds of salvagers pouring over the wreckage in a matter of moments eager to strip it down of everything that was worth anything of any value but this particular wreck had washed up in the middle of the night and though it was not that far outside the city few were foolhardy or reckless enough to risk a salvage operation in the complete blackness that was night. Lucian however had an advantage over the masses that gave him the courage to take the risk. This advantage was a set of goggles that he had contructed himself. This deceptively simple device consisted of a leather strap, two circles of brass and a pair of black glass lenses. These simple goggles however let Lucian see clearly in the pitch black darkness with out releasing even a single shed of light. The goggles however were not the only creations that the young man carried. In his hands held in a tight grip was a sturdy crossbow that he had painstakingly built himself from parts he had retrieved on other salvage operations such as this.

As he got close to the wreck Lucian suddenly spotted movement, there lurking about amongst the wreckage were a number of small figures. At this distance they could easily be mistaken for children but Lucian was extremely doubtful that that would be the case. Reaching up to his goggles Lucian carefully adjusted the lenses focusing in on what was infront of him. "Goblins!" Lucian cursed now able to make out their forms. Lucian then hesitated with goblins crawling over the wreck the salvage was going to be a lot more difficult than he had thought but if he left now then everything of value would be stripped before he returned. Stealing his nerves Lucian decided to press forwards. As he got closer Lucian recognised the wreck as a ship but not one of a style he recognised. The goblins were busy with their own scavenging and as yet they had not spotted the young man's presence. Reaching what used to be the wheel house of the ship Lucian carefully placed his crossbow down as he reached in to his bag and pulled out a set of tools. Lucian then began to carefully dismantle the wheel and any other interesting looking devices tucking the parts away in to a bag that he carried.

The salvaging had been going well when Lucian suddenly heard the wood above him creak, looking up Lucian spotted a pair of beady little eyes and a set of wicked teeth. The goblin sneered wickedly as it pulled out a crude knife and leapt down at Lucian. 'Damm it, just my luck where did I leave my crossbow...' the young man silently cursed as he jumped back out of the reach of the goblin. Backing away Lucian quickly glanced around looking for his weapon but before he could find it the goblin rushed him. "Tempests luck! Lucian cursed as he jumped back once again barely escaping the goblin's blade. Reaching for his belt Lucian pulled out a much better crafted blade and quickly scratched a couple of runes on to the hilt of the blade with the fine tool that he still had in his hand. As soon as he was finished a slight crackle of electricity covered the blade causing the goblin to hesitate for a moment... but only a moment. The goblin rushed forwards once again but this time Lucian parried the blade. If it had been a normal weapon the young man was using the fight would have continued but as the two blades met lightning surged out of the young man's blade and in to the goblin's causing him to convulse before dropping to the ground. "Too close..." Lucian muttered as he nudged the goblin with the tip of his boot to make sure it wasn't about to get back up and then the young man hastily gathered up his tools and crossbow and prepared to head back to the city.

Last edited by Alatere; 11-16-2019 at 05:21 PM.
Old 11-12-2019, 09:50 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3907
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
An awakened Cat are you picturing the cat being a bard LOL? I think it could be quite interesting playing an awakened animal. Let me know here or via PM.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:31 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Tchneesis
Name: Tchneesis
Description: Also known as Nees, is short, even by dwarven standards. Just barely toping 4'1", he is almost as wide as he is tall. However, if you are not careful, he will make you about as short as he is, either by cutting your legs off at the Knees, or bashing your head into your body with his warhammer. Quick to anger, but loyal to those who do right by him, he does not put up with any crap. A dark beard grows down to his waist, however, he keeps it braided back into his hair, which is about the same length.
Race: Dwarf
Class: Paladin
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Background: Acolyte
trait: If you screw with me, i will screw you right back.
Ideal: I want to prove my father wrong. I am not useless.
Bond: No one here. Yet
Flaw: I will pick a fight if i think i am in the right.
Backstory: I grew up the son of a priest. i was supposed to follow in my fathers footsteps but I had a tendency to pick fights. The Priests said i was too wild, but there is a place for everyone. My father wrote me off, saying i would bring shame to the Clan & Family name.

My mother however, knew where the wild came from. She taught me about the goddess. I try to perfect my arts as my prayer to both of them.

Now i find myself here, trying not to get myself killed and trying to make a difference to prove my father wrong. I am not a shame, i WILL show him.
Old 11-12-2019, 08:08 PM
Young Adult Kobold

Tools
User Statistics
Hox Hox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatere View Post
Going to take a proper look through the game later but what does the current party consist of?

Edit: Also what rules are you using for an artificer? I donít suppose itís these ones?
Weíve got a tiefling bard, a tabaxi monk, and a human cleric. It looks like we could use an Int based character, but pretty much anything could fit.

This is the artificer I was thinking.