Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 10:11 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 168
Sir Swindle Sir Swindle
Noise checks, so Gunslinger and Cackle Witch are probably not good options...

Does normal spell casting (Verbal components) and normal fighting with swords (a great sword hitting armor makes a lot of noise) and such trigger noise checks?

If everything that one does in combat would make noise then i'm not sure how this is supposed to function.

No gods actually just means no divine casters? Since they could still work if they were allowed to be dedicated to a concept or whatever.

Quote:
i do not have all pathfinder books
You have the SRD I assume?
Old 06-12-2019, 12:42 PM
Celestial Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 931
Angel Angel Angel Angel Angel Angel Angel Angel
What do you mean by "weapons we buy will get normal stats".

Do we still get to purchase starting items (except for weapons?)? Like scrolls, wands, provisions etc?

The game says we were "sent" to this word. Does that mean from another fantasy setting, or do you mean something else by that.

I would like to play a wizzard and transtion into being a shadowcraft mage at level 5. Is that ok?

Also, are Elans open?
NOTICE: All events and opinions expressed in-character on this site are fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise simply made-up. They are intended for entertainment purposes only and any perceived relations to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and purely coincidental.

Last edited by Angel; 06-12-2019 at 12:42 PM.
Old 06-12-2019, 03:53 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1909
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
When it comes to buying, when he said normal stats, I think he means the normal stats for 2nd level, which we are. So that wold be 1,000gps to buy stuff with.
Old 06-12-2019, 04:40 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1900
Arete Arete Arete Arete Arete Arete Arete Arete Arete Arete Arete
Application

Name: Tiquika (pronounced Tee-KWEE-kah)
Class: Druid (Weather domain)
Race: Nycter
Appearance: Average for her race; brown fur, tan wing skin
Trait: Keen Ear (can always take 10 on Perception checks)
Fear: Snakes. Would carry over to any snake-like creature regardless of alignment, such as nagas, couatls, yuan-ti, mariliths, or lillends, depending on how close the resemblance to snakes is.
Background: Third of four wives of her mate (these nycters are polygamous); belonging to a colony/extended family of nycters dwelling in caves of a forest adjoining the Land of Darkness.
Why you got trapped: Evil creatures from the Land of Darkness seized Tiquika’s stepson Kipani and carried him away while leaving the boy’s mother, second wife Aliqua, gravely injured. Tiquika, with her family’s concurrence, volunteered to seek to rescue the child while Aliqua is being nursed back to health.

Last edited by Arete; 06-12-2019 at 05:46 PM.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:50 PM
Cynical Idealist

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 719
auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie
Flagging for interest.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:21 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1227
RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild
Name: Barrez Na'Ulenthor
Class: Warlock
Race: Drow (Commoner)
Appearance: Standing just under 6 feet, silver hair, emerald eyes, dusky skin and a slight tilt to her her lips.

One distinguished Trait: Demonblight Resistance
One fear (important for during game play): To be surrounded by enemies, with nowhere to turn, even to allies.
Background: Barrez is a woman who is capable in her own right, but was not always so. Her abilities manifested as a child, as they normally do, with her kind. She was looked on with suspicion, as people of her type usually made pacts with demons or demon spawn to gain these abilities. She, however, showed no such taint. This power was hers, by right, or blood. She was left to the wilds, and she left her homeland in search of something greater.
Why you decided to be conned into being trapped in the first place: This seemed like a such a promising career choice, to be swindled. Now, it has become a choice for a greater challenge.
Old 06-13-2019, 10:54 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Sir Swindle Sir Swindle
Is it cool if the character got their power through a bargain that sent them here? So a demon from this place told them they would have power if they could survive the challenge or something? I'm going to write it that way and revise if needed.

Name: Dravon the Mad
Class: Witch
Race: Human
Appearance: Disheveled, basically a hobo. He wears a torn coat, and ragged britches. His hair is long and greasy and his beard is wild and grown down over his chest.
One distinguished Trait: One eye is blue the other is brown.
One fear: Starving to death
Background: Dravon was a homeless man in Absalom living off the streets begging for coins to pay for a room to sleep in or some food to pass the day. He was laying in the gutter, staring at the sky, nearly starving, when a tiny scorpion crawled onto his chest. He didn't have the strength to brush it away but fortunately it apparently wanted to talk rather than sting him.
Why you decided to be conned into being trapped in the first place: The scorpion (now his familiar) offered him a deal. His master, a mysterious entity from the outer planes would give Dravon power if he would survive to escape a land of fear and darkness. Dravon figured that he already had it pretty bad, how much worse could it be. He accepted, the scorpion stung him, he passed out and work up in the campaign setting.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:40 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1900
Arete Arete Arete Arete Arete Arete Arete Arete Arete Arete Arete
So far we have applications from a half-vampire, a bat, a warlock, and a witch. Sounds like the cast of a Halloween special even before we enter the Land of Darkness. Should be fun!
Old 06-14-2019, 11:15 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Sir Swindle Sir Swindle
We made topical PC's is all.
Old 06-14-2019, 02:10 PM
wyrm of smurfs

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 361
spudball spudball spudball spudball
Hopefully more will join the party of applicants

I think my concept is fair there’s not much more I can elaborate on but if anyone has any idea pm thoughts
Old 06-14-2019, 02:32 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7202
Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade
Busy with family stuff this weekend but I'll have my app up soon.
Old 06-14-2019, 05:16 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 925
Antipode Antipode Antipode Antipode Antipode Antipode Antipode Antipode
What the heck, let's give this a whirl.

BasicsName: Kaagrik
Class: Kineticist [no archetype]
Race: Hobgoblin
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Trait: Assuming you mean mechanical traits here...?Reactionary
Fear: Betrayal by someone he considers his superior
AppearanceKaagrik stands tall and proud, not skulking like weaker goblinoids. His skin is a dark green from long exposure to the sun and surface conditions, and his arms are sleeved in scarification tattoos that represent his training and the military success of the general he served in his youth. As circumstances and conditions permit, he keeps his equipment clean, his clothing pressed. Anyone who expects him to grovel in the filth like a common goblin will be most certainly surprised. Although that surprise is likely to be quite brief...
BackgroundKaagrik's kineticist powers would be unusual among most races, but are nearly unheard of in hobgoblins. There was considerable debate among the ranking officers of his community as to whether his capacities with hydrokinetics were an arcane ability, and thus worthy only of distrust or derision, or something else that could still have martial applications. As he quickly learned to adapt his powers into the shape of a blade and take the fight to his enemies like any good hobgoblin must, most of these concerns were put to rest.

But he always knew that there were suspicions. That slaying enemy elves and dwarves with a blade formed of water was somehow thought less than a blade formed of steel. By his general's permission, Kaagrik has taken a leave of absence from the community to find ways to improve himself and better his worth to his people.
Trapped in the RealmHe wasn't tricked. Having heard word of this Realm of Nightmares, a place of astounding lethality and danger, Kaagrik sought it out willingly. He will fight the nightmare monsters of this world and return victorious, proving himself worthy to his commanders. Or he will die.
Old 06-14-2019, 06:26 PM
wyrm of smurfs

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 361
spudball spudball spudball spudball
hooray a humanoid

race
Old 06-16-2019, 01:12 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1909
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Hey DM, my app is finally complete.
Old 06-17-2019, 01:02 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7202
Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade
Still a work in progress but wanted to get the basics down.

Application
Name: Thalia

Class: Melee (Probably Barbarian or Fighter)

Race: Human

Appearance: Being just over five and a half feet tall and fairly lithe, Thalia does not come off as particularly imposing, even when wearing her armor. She keeps her dark brown hair cut short, rarely past her shoulders, and it usually looks as if it was cut hastily and with little care. Her eyes are a dark blue that in dim light look as if they are all black.

Trait: Finding your Kin

Fear: Not being good enough, failure.

Background: WIP

Trapped: Believes her lost Kin are within the Nightmare realm and is going in to rescue them.

Last edited by Nightshade; 06-17-2019 at 03:53 PM.
Closed Thread