User Statistics
RPXP: 134
VaultDweller VaultDweller

left-aligned image

Name: Wilmorn
Race – Half-elf
Class – Rogue
Alignment – Neutral Good

Religion-While not particularly devout, Wil occasionally prays to Tymora when trying to pick a lock, or sneak somewhere he shouldn’t be.

Appearance-About 5’11”, muscular for a half-elf, tanned skin from years of living on the streets, scruffy brown hair that reaches not quite to his shoulders, piercing blue eyes, he usually has a stoic expression, but he can disarm you with a well placed smile, his clothes are plain, but well cared for

Personality-Wil is quite guarded, having been betrayed by many who he called friends over the years, but is fiercely loyal to his friends. Once you get to know him, he has a very engaging personality and is extremely likeable.

Backstory Highlights: For every half-elf that is accepted by human society, there is a story of a half-elf that is cast aside and shunned. The latter is where Wilmorn’s story began, and that of his twin sister, Valeria. The siblings were born in Cormyr, in the town of Knightswood in the King’s Forest, to a human mother. He had no idea who his father was, save that he was an elf. His mother abandoned he and his sister when they were only 5 years old, and so they grew up raised by the street urchins. The siblings became quite adept at sneaking around and stealing what they needed to survive, until they reached their teenage years when they began to steal more.

The siblings caught on with the local thieves’ guild, and quickly rose up the ranks, their seemingly innate abilities making them lots of money. Because of Wil and his sister, the guild lived better than some nobles of Cormyr. One day, near the beginning of their twenty first year, they attempted to rob a royal caravan heading to the capital city of Suzail. The raid went poorly, and Wil’s group was overtaken by the King’s soliders, and brought to the capital to be put in prison. Valeria was gravely wounded during the attack. Healers were brought in, but there was nothing to be done. She died in his arms in their prison cell a week after being arrested. This sent Wil into a deep depression, and he found himself over the next few weeks longing for the death that he knew was coming.

One day, several weeks into his captivity, Wil was summoned from his cell. He wearily got up and followed the guard into the castle of all places, and into a bare room with two chairs on either side of a large table. A plate of food and a glass of water were sitting on the table, and Wil was given instructions to sit and partake if he so chose. He was going to resist, but the hunger in his belly overcame his stubbornness, and he ate. A few minutes later, a door on the other side of the room opened, and two guards walked in, followed by the King himself. Thus began a relationship that would change the course of Wil’s life forever.

RP Example: This latest assignment for the king was proving to be more difficult than many of the others Wil had taken on, but then, he was the best for a reason. Not that he was cocky, he wouldn't have lasted this long if he had been. He was just supremely confident in his abilities, and knew the king chose him to be an agent for the Crown because of those skills. Dark elves though....
His Majesty had received word that the Drow were making incursions to the surface recently, and many citizens of Faerun had disappeared. The king wanted to know what the Drow had planned, for while there had been attacks on the surface in the past, they had never resorted to mass kidnapping. Wil's assignment was to find a path into the Underdark, discover what the Drow were doing with their captives, and deduce if there was some greater plan in the works. Yes, just that simple, Wil thought to himself as he combed the Sunset Mountains near Cormyr, looking for one of the elusive entrances to the fabled Underdark. After many hours of searching, without knowing exactly what he was looking for, Wil thought, I don't suppose I could just go and ask directions. Or perhaps just knock...He laughed to himself and shook his head. There was a reason the Drow's homeland had never been invaded before.

Wil's thoughts were beginning to wander when he heard voices echoing off the rocky walls. Instantly, he crouched and hid as best he could, craning his neck to determine where the voices had come from. Off ahead, maybe a few hundred feet away, he glimpsed movement, and began sneaking his way toward it. As he got closer, he smiled with accomplishment as he found what he was looking for: A party of Drow hauling several captives. Perfect, Wil thought, now at least I can stop searching these gods forsaken mountains. He followed at what he thought was a safe distance until dark, and watched the party make camp in a small sheltered valley. Knowing that Drow had excellent darkvision, even better than his half-elven vision, he stayed well out of sight until it seemed as though everyone was asleep. Looking about the camp, Wil noticed that the captives were not being guarded at all, not even a cursory watch was set. He had heard Drow were arrogant, but this seemed a bit much. As he sat, watching the camp, Wil thought that he might be able to sneak down to the captives and question one. He knew he shouldn't, but the Drow were all asleep, far away from his position. He told himself NO, the thought of completing his mission without ever having to venture into the Underdark itself was tempting, especially since he had no idea how much farther the party would travel. Against his better judgement, he crept silently down to where the captives were. There was a mix of races, human, elf, dwarf, even a tiefling. They all seemed to be asleep as well.

"Hey", Wil silently called to a human male. "Hey, wake up." With a start, the man awoke, and almost screeched before Wil put a hand to his mouth. "I'm not going to hurt you", Wil said. "I'm an agent of the King of Cormyr, investigating the Drow kidnappings. Can you tell me what happened to you?" The man shook his head, and said "They took me by surprise, from the docks at Waterdeep a week ago. That's all I remember before waking up as part of this caravan. I can tell you that the caravan has gotten progressively larger as we have passed near to a city. As if the Drow had kidnappers in every town along the Sword Coast." Wil furrowed his brow and started to ask the man another question, but his head lolled and he passed back out. Looking at all the captives, Wil saw that they all looked rather worse for wear. The Drow certainly had not been treating their captives well. As he sat, pondering his next move, Wil heard a rustling near where the Drow had huddled. Wil whirled around, hand on his blade, but saw nothing. Something's not right here, Wil thought, and stood to retreat. As he turned, he came face to face with three Drow, swords and crossbows pointed directly at him. The thought of fighting passed through Wil's mind for a split second, but all four knew that he would never survive the encounter. Wil drew his sword carefully, set it point first on the ground, and let it drop, clanking on the rock as it fell. The Drow holding the crossbows never moved, but the one with the sword sheathed it and walked over to Wil, smirking. "You really should work on your stealthiness, half-elf, "the Drow said, amused. Our rear scouts alerted us to your presence hours ago. A searing pain exploded at the base of Wil's skull, and he fell to his knees, his vision fuzzy. The Drow kicked him, and he fell prone. The last thing he felt before the darkness took him was his wrists being bound with a thick rope.

Last edited by VaultDweller; 06-13-2019 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Finishing app
Old 06-12-2019, 12:52 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 339
p02flapjack p02flapjack p02flapjack p02flapjack
Wow, everybody. I'm blown away by your responses. Thanks for all your thoughtful entries. This is going to be a fun game.

Although the deadline is the 15th, it looks like there are plenty of apps already. I'm going to start going through those that are already here, but I promise I won't make any decisions until after the deadline for any WIP or late app.
Old 06-12-2019, 04:44 AM
Great Derpy Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 781
Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral
Posting for interest. I've been interested in applying but doubted I would have enough time. Things cleared up, so I should have an apply up and running within the next 24 hours!

Character Application
right-aligned image

Name: Thenn
Race: Hobgoblin
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Class: Wizard (Planning to go Divination school for a more support oriented wizard.)
Religion: Bargrivyek
Personality : Faithful to the rigorous discipline of his race, Thenn is dutiful, honorable and relentless. War is his lifeblood and the glories of it inspire him.
He holds himself to a high standard of military and civil honor, and in his current, precarious situation he does not see any reason to be overtly hostile towards the other races he might meet, provided they are friendly.

Appearance : Red skinned, black hair, towering and relatively strong, Thenn fits the standards of his ilk, if a bit skinnier. His nose is large and flat, eyes deep orange turning to green when in full light. To avoid confrontation he usually wears heavy, deep hooded mage robes, the inside of it lined with little pockets full of nick knacks, snacks and spell components. As most hobgoblin spell casters, his tusks have been filed to prevent any misspelling, giving him a less monstrous appearance than some of his brothers and sisters.

Background: Born and brought to maturity in the Kor Legion, Thenn spent most of his time among the people of his clan, or Banner. Hobgoblins usually start their training as soon as they can walk, and this one was no exception. Quickly, it became obvious that despite honorable results in martial combat, Thenn had a knack for military strategy, war tactics and magic.

Brought to the Academy of Devastation to learn more about the arcane, his studies had barely begun when the warlord declared another age of conquest. Hearing about a potential new land far to the west of the continent, the Legion sent no less than ten warships loaded with blooded warriors and students alike, including some of the warcasters of the academy.
Even aboard the ship Thenn’s training kept on going, subjected to rigorous drills and exercises, battle simulations and planning.

Due to the lack of knowledge about the new world however, the scholars of the Academy decided to shift the focus of some of the students. Among them, Thenn wasn’t taught to become a mobile artillery unit but rather a tactical seer, straying from the traditional Evocation school of his peers and going in the divination territory, an experience to melt strategy and enhanced foresight.

Because of the difficulties of such travel in uncharted water, four ships sunk on the way to storms and sea creatures. A fifth got torn apart on the high reefs surrounding the large island they were supposed to land on. All in all, with all complications considered, half of the troops sent actually arrived.
The legionnaires were used to such odds and that didn’t change their plans much. They started to organize, regroup and prepare for warfare, ready to expand their territory.

What they were not prepared for was that the island was deserted. Signs of many settlements were scattered around the land, as if ghost towns were sprouting every miles or so. From the looks of it, a fair amount of human or Halfling had already tamed this part of the world, but for some reason everything was abandoned. Very few signs of struggle could be found, it was as if people had suddenly vanished, or left in a hurry.

Thenn’s banner, sent as scouts, invested a small tower near a chain of mountain, intent on resting a bit before continuing to comb this odd, deserted place.
During the first night, the troop discovered what happened to the previous settlers. Attacked at night by a drow party likely coming from under the mountain, unprepared and –to their shame- outskilled, half of the banner got annihilated. The rest, Thenn among them, taken as slaves down to the bowels of earth, beneath the island and even the sea they had crossed, all the way through the Underdark.

RP Sample:
It was his own cough that woke Thenn up in the middle of the night, a second before he could notice the heavy smell of smoke. Wrinkling his nose, he woke up, his mind still foggy from deep sleep.
It took him a moment to recover, a bit disorientated by his surroundings. The hobgoblin was used to tents and barracks, not comfortable inns like the one they decided to use for the night. They had found this town, abandoned like so much others, and decided to use the human built facilities for the time being.
Sitting up, Thenn scowled at the glass window, a low orange light illuminating his room. It couldn’t be the sun so soon, and with the smell of smoke saturating the air it didn’t take much for him to deduce that something was wrong.

He stood up, grabbed his components belt hanging on the nearby chair and buckled it around his hips. From the table his grabbed his grimoire, sliding it in high thigh holster, the rigorous training of his legion having prepared him to get up and running in a moment’s notice.

Trying to stay as silent as possible, he exited his room, making for the first floor of the small inn. Hobgoblin were scattered through the entire town, so only five or six of them slept in this particular building. All the other rooms were empty and when he arrived in the main living space, strange shadows could be seen passing, running in front of the windows, odd clicking sounds and wood creaking filling the ambient silent of the night.

Cracking the door slightly opened, Thenn witnessed an absolute carnage outside, much of his Banner laying on the ground. From a quick investigation of the nearest corpse, slain by a long, curved blade. He grabbed a strap of cured leather from his component pouch, tying it up around his thigh and using it to focus on a mage armor spell, erecting some defensive field.

There were sounds of struggle coming from the next street, characteristic hobgoblin grunts and rattles of iron against iron carried by the early morning wind.
Rushing to the help of his comrades, Thenn suddenly halted in a long skid when he turned across the corner of the building, face to face with a dark skinned elf, his long white hair falling on his shoulders, holding a large blade under the throat of one of his banner men.

Twelve of his companions were on their knees, heavy collars and manacles of iron around their necks and wrists, slightly blooded from their earlier struggle. Startled, it took a few seconds for Thenn’s brain to process the disaster that was falling upon them. Before he could comprehend all of it however, a painful blow struck him at the back of the head, followed only by darkness.

Last edited by Sadral; 06-13-2019 at 10:19 PM.
Old 06-12-2019, 12:45 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 134
VaultDweller VaultDweller
Just completed my application, I think Please let me know what I need to fix or finish. Thanks for the feedback!
Old 06-13-2019, 12:31 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 829
KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc
Application of Beneth Roussoss
left-aligned image
Name: Beneth Roussoss
Race: Half-Orc
Class: Cleric (Thunder) --- Later Druid (Moon)
Patron Deity: Talos, Umberlee, Kord, Zeboim, the Devourer, or Zeus, depending availability
Stat Array: STR16 DEX14 CON14 INT8 WIS16 CHA8
Personality Traits: I always have a plan for what to do when things go wrong. I don’t pay attention to the risks in a situation. Never tell me the odds.
Ideal: Chains are meant to be broken, as are those who would forge them
Bond: Something important was taken from me, and I aim to steal it back.
Flaw: I have a “tell” that reveals when I’m lying.
Background: Urban Bounty Hunter ( Relic retrievers squad )
Charming Personality &Background:

"I never know where my place is … cause everybody always tells me that I should have done things the other ways... Worst... I’m all that everybody in my family isn't.
My Dad is very Calm ... I’m not.
My Mother is Patient, I’m not.
The Mother of My Father is Sage... Ouch, fracking Not mEe!
My Mentor was intelligent! Yup, I said “was”. But maybe a little too much brain ... I argue to him many time, that you can’t always take time to think about what is the best way to do thing. Sometimes it got to explode before problem expose
Even my blood not sure which side to go cause I’m No human, Nor Ork"

"Even if I got a Charming Personality
I always said that sometimes,
To impose Silence, a Big Loud Boum must proceed
To have peace, war must be declared
To live, kill must be done"

"One of my first run’s Pal write a song about my charming personality...i’ not a good singer, but it goes like this:"

"Yeah right... SO ...Why do I go to extremes? The Answer is curiously easy ... I want to prove everyone that I CAN DO SOMETHING GOOD OF MY LIFE
But as usual... even if I SHOUT! Nobody listens to or even care.
But after that I will retrieve some artifact from the most Mystical Dungeon, THE Rappan At'Huk... nobody will pity ME again!"

Stat BlockBeneth Roussoss
right-aligned image

Half-ORK - Cleric of Tempest: 1

HP: 10/10 | AC 18 | PP 13 | Spell slots: lvl1 : 2 | Hit Die: 1d8
STR 16(+3) DEX 10(0) CON 14(+2) INT 12(+1) WIS 16(+5) CHA 8(+1)

Weapons: WarHammer: +5, 1d8+3 | lightXbow: +2, 1d6 | Scimitar: 1d6+3

Cantrips: Guidance
Casting Time: 1 Action
Range: Touch
Components: V,S
Duration: 1min Cons or until use

You touch one willing creature. Once before the spell ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to one ability check of its choice. It can roll the die before or after making the ability check. The spell then ends.
Guidance | Resistance
Components: V,S,M
Duration: 1min Cons or until use

You touch one willing creature. Once before the spell ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to one saving throw of its choice. It can roll the die before or after making the saving throw. The spell then ends
Resistance | Shocking Grasp
Components: V,S
Duration: Instantaneous

You touch a living creature that has 0 hit points. The creature becom es stable. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.
Spare The Dying

Features and Abilities: Common, OrcishLanguages | All&ShieldArmor Proficiencies | Martial WeaponWeapon Proficiencies | Thieve's ToolTool Proficiencies | Horn Musical instrument Proficiencies | 60', dim light as if bright, darkness as if dim. Only grayscale.Darkvision | When you are reduced to 0 hit points but not killed outright, you can drop to 1 hit point instead. You can’t use this feature again until you finish a long rest. Relentless Endurance | When you score a critical hit with a melee weapon attack, you can roll one of the weapon’s damage dice one additional time and add it to the extra damage of the critical hit. Savage Attacks | 1st level, you can thunderously rebuke attackers. When a creature within 5 feet of you that you can see hits you with an attack, you can use your reaction to cause the creature to make a Dexterity saving throw. The creature takes 2d8 lightning or thunder damage (your choice) on a failed saving throw, and half as much damage on a successful one.

You can use this feature a number of times equal to your Wisdom modifier (a minimum of once). You regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.
Wrath of the Storm | 1st lvl always Prepared spell: Fog Cloud, ThunderwaveTempest Domain

Last edited by KhamLuc; 06-14-2019 at 11:34 AM.
Old 06-13-2019, 12:46 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 581
Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum
Snap
right-aligned image
Name: Snap

Race: Kenku

Class: Warlock (Great Old One)

Alignment: Neutral

Religion: Started worshipping Umberlee while working on the ship, but stopped after his first contact with his patron

Background: Guild artisan (cartographer)

Appearance: Ofter seen wearing brown clothing, Snap tries to blend in the background, which is difficult for a short bird-person. His plumage is black with burgundy reflex, but he doesn't really tend to it, so it usually looks a bit scruffy. He can be often seen scribbling notes on little scrolls and putting them quickly in his cloak, and he almost constantly jerks his head left and right as if trying to take in every detail of his surroundings with his paranoid bird brain.

History Highlights:

In character sample writing:

Last edited by Ursinorum; 06-14-2019 at 03:41 AM.
Old 06-13-2019, 07:24 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5367
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Character Application
right-aligned image
Name: Medgar
Race: Red Dragonborn
Class: Barbarian
Alignment: True Neutral
Religion: A follower of Lawful Neutral god of death, for those unacquaintedKelemvor
Appearance: Built like a brick wall, Medgar's rusty red scales connect stout arms to muscled legs and a thick neck, a heavy jaw and gleaming eyes beneath a thick ridge of scales the most noticeable features of his face. He stands a modest (for a dragonborn) 5'8", but weighs in at over two hundred and twenty pounds (or four sacks of grain, as he was measured against).

Background: Mercenary Veteran (SCAG)

Personality: Medgar is not a complicated person. He values his freedom, and believes one thing: All must die, one day. While he neither wishes to die nor particularly thirsts for the blood of others, he places value on the continued, perpetual cycle of the world. Live and let live; a person's actions are theirs to make, their life their own to forfeit, and while 'might makes right' to some degree, there is no wisdom in crushing the weak beneath your heel, and no man should claim himself superior. To this end, he's pursued strength, desiring to forge his own path as his dragon ancestor once surely did; knowledge has a place, it's true, and that place is with someone else.

Laws are necessary, but a person with no freedom is not a person at all, no more than a stone could claim to be a king. Freedom is required, but lawlessness is detestable, as one would spit upon a jackal feasting on its brother. Life has value, but death has its place. Survival is all, but the dead can't complain. The cycle turns, but there can be no rise without fall.

Bond: Those who fight beside me are those worth dying for.
Flaw: Only the results are important.
Ideal: People. I'm loyal to my friends, not ideals, and everyone else can take a trip down to Khyber for all I care.
Trait: I have no fear of death, but I refuse to lead others into hopeless danger.

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 06-14-2019 at 11:22 AM.
Old 06-13-2019, 10:21 PM
Great Derpy Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 781
Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral
I believe my wizard's application is complete, I would gladly welcome any feedback!
Old 06-14-2019, 12:38 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3637
Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos
Hyindos
left-aligned image

Name: Hyindos son of Uyvor of the Blue Skull Warrior Clan

Race: Minotaur (Guildmasters' Guide to Ravnica version)

Class: Barbarian (possible Totem at 3rd)

Background: Soldier

Alignment: Lawful Evil or LN (with a possible shift to LG over the course of the adventure)

Religion: Baphomet (with a possible shift to another Lawful god of war or strength over time)

Appearance: WIP

Personality: WIP

Backstory Highlights: WIP

RP Example: WIP

Notesp02flapjack, Let me know if you would consider a Minotaur as a PC and I will flesh out the character more before the deadline. After doing some research it seems that there are Minotaurs in the Underdark. Hyindos would come from a organized clan living in the Underdark and he was captured by the Drow. Of course there is more to the story, but before I spend another hour or two fleshing it out I want to know if it would be considered. I will understand if you want to limit PCs to more traditional races or races from the surface.

Last edited by Dargos; 06-14-2019 at 07:14 AM.
Old 06-14-2019, 12:43 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1541
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
Mine was done a while ago. I think I should say that
Old 06-14-2019, 06:14 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 425
Gualdarrama Gualdarrama Gualdarrama Gualdarrama Gualdarrama

Quick question: how much money will the character get to outfit himself if chosen?

Last edited by Gualdarrama; 06-14-2019 at 06:27 AM.
Old 06-14-2019, 11:18 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 339
p02flapjack p02flapjack p02flapjack p02flapjack
Hi everybody. I'll go through and answer any questions in more depth tonight. For now, I can answer these quickly:

VaultDweller and Sadral - your apps look complete. I see a background and RP sample with motivation and a story unfolding.

Krow Nest (and everybody else who applied early on) - I'm going to read everything from start to finish once the deadline has passed. This way, I think I won't have a "time of entry" bias.

Gualdarrama - These captors have stolen everything from you. Money, magic items, personal items with only sentimental value; it's all in the hands of the drow who captured you.

edit - forgot one:
Dargos - I have to admit, I hadn't looked through Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica until now. I am okay with the race rules there. I would consider Hyindos.

Last edited by p02flapjack; 06-14-2019 at 12:25 PM.
Old 06-14-2019, 07:19 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 452
Houtoku Houtoku Houtoku Houtoku Houtoku
Please let me know if you have any feedback, or if you feel anything important is missing/I overlooked stuff.

Thanks.

BasicsName: Vyrain
Race: Githyanki (MToD pg.96)
Class: Fighter (Eldritch Knight down the line)
Alignment: Lawful Evil, bordering on Lawful Neutral
Religion: None, but devoted to the Revered Queen.
Appearance: Standard for a late-adolescent Githyanki. Fairly muscular. Yellowish-green skin, slightly paled from having spent 2 weeks underground with no sunlight. Deep, black eyes. Deep red hair, bordering on black, best described as the color of dried blood.

PersonalityPersonality: Vyrain is typical of Githyanki youth on the cusp of coming-of-age. From hatching, he has been raised on the histories of the Githyanki, both as slaves to the Illithid and The Revered Queen's Grand Proclamation following the liberation of the Githyanki. Arrogant and dismissive towards others, he is a strong believer in the supremacy of the Githyanki over the mortal races, and eager to prove himself worthy of entry to Tu'narath.
  • Background: Outlander
  • Traits: I treat others as if they were animals that simply don't know any better.
  • Ideal: Freedom No strong soul should be enslaved. Better to die first than live as another's puppet.
  • Ideal: Glory I must earn glory in battle, for myself, and for my clan.
  • Bond: Humanity thrives only because we conquered the illithids. Therefore, what is theirs is ours.
  • Flaw: I can't see a non-githyanki as a real threat.

Backstory: Vyrain was hatched in a Githyanki creche on the Material Plane, with about 20 other broodmates. Over the years, they were raised as warriors, with promises of eternal life as one of Queen Vlaakith's chosen. He grew, admiring the power and prestige of the Githyanki Knights in the stories. His goal for many years has been to join their ranks. Of the original 20 who hatched at the same time, only 3 survived to near-adulthood. Their final rite-of-passage into adulthood was to be a raid on a colony of illithid which had recently been discovered living in The Underdark.

We screwed up."When we return, I am going to flay that insipid Halfling." Gaath grumbled while tossing a rock from hand to hand. "'Yea ya just enter the caves by the river, head straight down, and ya'll find those 'things' ya was lookin' for." he said mockingly, pitching his voice higher in a laughable approximation of the Halfling's nasal voice. As he finished, he tossed the rock off into the distance, the clattering echoing back after a few seconds.

Vyrain understood his frustration. Every member of the 4-person party was highly disciplined, but after 2 weeks rooting around in the Dark with no sign of the illithid colony they were hunting, he couldn't help but also want his pound of flesh from the tiny imbecile. "Well, he should still be there when we return. Whenever that will be." Clattering again, as Gaath threw another rock. It was closer this time though.

"This is what we get for trusting the 'information' from the lesser races." Yessune said, "Tiny fool wouldn't know a mind flayer from an octopus." For as much as Gaath would talk about hunting down the Halfling, Yessune would probably actually do it. She was as short-tempered as Gaath, but somehow even less patient. There had been no serious fights during their time in the Dark, just minor encounters with kruthiks and other mindless creatures. Boredom was starting to set in, and for four Githyanki, boredom was problematic.

Aaryl stood, peering into the darkness. "Do you hear that?" "It's nothing, just the Kruthiks. You're getting paranoid." Gaath threw another rock, this time it made no sound. "Would you stop that? Something doesn't feel right." "You want to try to make me?"

"Enough, the both of you. Gaath stop messing with her. Aaryl, he's right. You are being paranoid. There's nothing down here but bugs and mushrooms. We've been down here long enough, we should probably be heading back anyway."

"We haven't dealt with the nest yet though, we can't go back empty-handed." "There is no damn nest, no illithids. We've wasted our time down here. I'm going to gut that damn Halfling." Vyrain couldn't help but agree with Gaath inside, but he'd be damned if they just gave up because they got bored. There was the clattering again.

"... where's Aaryl?" "She was just here." "She knows better than to wander off."

Vyrain was looking past Gaath as he felt a prick in the side of his neck, followed by a tingling numbness flooding through his body. As he began to fall, out of the corner of his eye he saw Yessune also beginning to collapse, with what looked like darts sticking from her chest. He hit the ground, tasting his mouth filling with blood. His head lolled back, looking up at Gaath. As his vision began to tunnel and fade, he could make out what looked like a giant spider descending from the cavern ceiling above Gaath, but had no way to warn him.

FADE
Current Games: Broken Isles

Last edited by Houtoku; 06-15-2019 at 12:27 AM.
Old 06-15-2019, 01:22 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 393
Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83
Finally settled on a character. Apologies for the delay, the hardest part is always trying to find a character that I believe that I can have fun with and that will blend in well with the story.

https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...96#post8429196

Last edited by Treble83; 06-15-2019 at 01:23 AM.
Old 06-15-2019, 01:57 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Izathel
Name: Leon Decius Lockeheed
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Bard (headed towards College of Lore)
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Religion: Worships Savras

Appearance: Leon is 5’ 7”, with ling black hair tied into a braided ponytail and soft green eyes. A smile is almost always on his lips as he keeps his hat close to him. No scars ruin the skin on his body and 3 small rings line each of his elvish ears.

Personality: Leon is outgoing and fun, prefers jokes to pranks as they don’t usually end in a fight. He doesn’t care much for societal rules or laws, especially if they are costing the people. Leon would do anything to protect the young. Wants to believe in the good in people but cant bring himself to completely let his guard down.

Background: (Sage)

Raised in a small orphanage just south of Waterdeep, Leon had limited resources growing up. Most of the other kids would join gangs, become criminals or sell themselves short as a farm hand. Leon had better plans. Using all the free time he had to scour the libraries in town, he became the expert on local legends. This was his way into a bigger city and a bigger house. Of course, that wasn’t to say he couldn’t hold his own in a fight. After some miners didn’t care too much for one of his stories, Leon found himself at the end of a blade. With quick thinking, he was able to recall a spell that had been used in one of his stories. With a horrid laugh, the attacks fell to the ground, unable to control themselves as Leon vanished into the night.
Leon has always had a knack for telling tall tales. Ever since he was young, he would spread word of mighty heroes and lovely ladies throughout the school yard. As he got older, he began to tell tales of local heroes, legendary weapons and mighty wizards. People would gather around the tavern tables all night long to hear what new epics Leon had picked up.
Everything was going as usual in the tavern one night, until a kid broke him with a simple phrase.
“Leon, how come you never have tales about yourself? What great things have you done?”
The words followed him up to his room at the Gold Dust Inn. “Dear Savras, what have I done with my life?” That night, Leon packed his bags and set out for his own adventure. Chasing down rumors of heroes long forgotten, foes widely feared and creatures that only existed in whispers. Leon had set out to gather every piece of lore and story he could find, hoping that along the way, he too would be worth putting into one of his tales or songs.

RP Example:

10 days, 7 hours and 4 minutes. That’s how long Leon had spent in this dank, dark place of the world. The Underdark was no welcoming place, not for him anyway. Spiders everywhere, and not a soul in sight that didn’t want to murder him for his belongings.
Walking along a cliff edge, he began to talk to himself.
“Oh man, if only Jericho could see me now. He would never believe this.”
Talking was his only comfort in the darkness, even without an audience, the performing could never end for Leon. He was eternally trapped in his antics to keep himself calm.
As he found himself walking on a wider surface area, Leon could feel the trembling of the ground, as he looked up to see that a rock slide had started. He tried to get out of the way but was unable in time and was sent flying over the cliff side. Landing 20 feet onto a lower level, he tried to stand but as he looked up he could feel the cold steel of a sword pressed against him.
“Now guys, lets uh, lets all talk about this very slowly and a lot less pointy, shall we?” Leon said with a forced smile. And with that the world started to spin as the blow to the back of the head processed in his head all he can think is, “And I didn’t even get to be a hero yet…”
Closed Thread