RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 06-15-2019, 06:55 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2495
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman
Application
right-aligned image
printableheroes.com
Name: Cob Shalestrider
Race: Dwarf (Mountain)
Class: Ranger
CharSheet: (link), equipment pending roll. I switched religion for nature in hermit background, if that's okay.

Trait: If someone is in trouble, I’m always ready to lend help.
Ideal: Creativity. The world is in need of new ideas and bold action. (Chaotic)
Flaw: I have trouble keeping my true feelings hidden. My sharp tongue lands me in trouble.
Bond: I idolize the heroes of the old tales and measure my deeds against theirs.

Personality: Cob presents a rough and stoic exterior, a perfect match to his rough and stony face. Years ago he made a decision to cut himself off from the outside world, not because he doesn't care, but because he cares to much. He grew up on stories of the glories that used to be, fallen kingdoms and half-forgotten heroes. But all around him sees a world slowly crumbling into ruin, and he despairs.

Background: When I was a young dwarf (still young enough to believe that reaching thirty had made me an adult), I came down the mountain, chasing fantasies. I was sick of life inside. My clan, what little remained, that is, weren't doing or building anything anymore. They were content to huddle deep inside their halls of stone, clinging to scraps of the past and telling each other stories of how great we used to be. That life wasn't for me. I was bound and determined to go out into the world, to see it's splendors first hand and leave my mark upon it. I was a fool.

I tried, never let it be said that I didn't. I looked far and wide for any signs of the greatness I thought was out there. I found only ruins and desolation. Sometimes there are still people gathered there with petty, little men sitting in thrones made of tin, calling themselves 'kings'. Just like the elders, all they can do is tell stories of what once was. I always hoped that over the next rise I would find the story of greatness that still was, but I never did.

Discontent with what I found in the world, I turned to shaping it instead. I found people and causes worth fighting for and lent them the strength of my arms. I don't do that any more. Occasionally I'll fight for gold, but not for dreams any more. Gold doesn't crumble and die nearly as easily.

It's been three years now since I finally accepted the futility of my search. I settled down in this patch of forest, and made myself a home. The boughs here grow thick and tangled, and the darkness reminds me of home. But at least here, there is life instead of the slow and inevitable demise of a people locked away in vaults of their ancestors' construction.

Roleplay sample of a fight: Cob scratched at the scar on the back of his head and scowled. It always itched when there were goblins nearby. Not that it was being particularly prescient right now, he was staring right at the ugly little blighter right now. Of course, there was never just one goblin, was there?

Goblins were sneaky, vile things, to be sure. But these weren't his problem, right? This one was walking straight past him, totally oblivious. No reason for Cob to risk his own hide. That's when he heard the bell, a dull clanging. The second goblin rounded the corner, leading a cow of all things. Cob sighed to himself. He recognized that cow.

The Yorgen family farm, if it could charitably be described as such, was just outside the forest's edge. They were going to need that cow's milk if the baby was going to make it through the winter. They didn't have enough of anything to spare it to thieving goblins. A brief dark thought crossed his mind that they were already dead, and he was troubled by a vision of the father lying in a pool of blood. He shook his head. Just two goblins, not enough for a full raid. They had probably just stolen the cow, and now Cob was going to make sure they got it back.

His first axe flew true, lodging deeply into the second goblin's head. A lucky shot, and just like that, the odds were even. He charged forward, pulling another axe loose from his belt. But by the time he had closed the distance, the other goblin had its shield up, easily deflecting the blow.

Behind him, he could hear the cow lumbering away. With any luck, it would find its own way home. For now, Cob focused on the problem at hand. One axe swung low, deflecting the creature's rusty knife away as it stabbed for his vitals. The other swung high, too high as the goblin easily ducked out of the way. The two exchanged blows for a moment, and that's when Cob heard a twang and felt an arrow sink into his back, just below the ribcage. Turning sideways to keep his opponent in view, he was just able to catch sight of yet another goblin slipping away into the undergrowth. He cursed to himself. There never were just two goblins, were there?

Seeing his injury and sensing weakness and opportunity, the first goblin cautiously closed in, and Cob grimaced. He was hurt, and outnumbered. But this was his forest.

He feinted away, leading the goblin around a tree, and hopefully gaining some cover against the archer. A little skip here and he avoided the tree root that has tripped him so many times before. His opponent was no so lucky, and the dwarf was ready with an axe blow as it sprawled face first on the ground.

Cob never actually saw the third goblin again. With its friends dead, it seemed that the creature's natural cowardice had reasserted itself. Hours later he picked up the trail, but as it led directly into the territory of a particularly foul tempered bear...

Last edited by hafrogman; 06-15-2019 at 11:49 PM.
Old 06-15-2019, 09:44 PM
Prolific

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5317
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
right-aligned image
Name: Ernie Wirebiter
Race: Deep Gnome
Class: Rogue
CharSheet: Ernie Wirebiter
Trait: I'm convinced that people are always trying to steal my secrets.
Ideal: Nothing should fetter the infinite possibility inherent in all existence.
Flaw: I overlook obvious solutions in favor of complicated ones.
Bond: I've been searching my whole life for the answer to one Why can mere words order the universe? I.E., why does magic work?question.

Personality: Ernie is a bit of an odd duck. Though he has no real secrets worth knowing, this doesn't stop him from warding off any would-be plagiarists with a distressingly sharp dagger; as such, he's only able to really relax in the company of those he's assured aren't out for his notes, though his typically aloof attitude toward these 'blockheads' often results in a hasty or involuntary retreat. By contrast, the truly intelligent must only be talking to him because he has something they want; why else would one of such stature be talking to a mere deep gnome of no real standing? Rare is the person who gains his trust, but once they have it, they might wish they didn't, as a deep gnome bouncing ideas off of you night and day is not most people's idea of fun.

Always on the move and living hand-to-mouth (why spend money on mere food when there are dusty books to be had!), Ernie's seen the best part of eight dozen libraries and almost as many private collections... perhaps as many as a third were with the owner's permission!

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 06-15-2019 at 11:01 PM.
Old 06-15-2019, 11:00 PM
Prolific

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5317
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Alright, I believe my app is complete; character sheet should be done, I'll roll for my wealth in the game folder if I get accepted.
Old 06-16-2019, 02:47 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Izathel
Expressing interest and placeholding application for when I'm on a real computer.
Old 06-16-2019, 11:53 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1118
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart
Hey Gualdarrama just letting you know, you put my completed character on Babydoll Miley instead of my own name.
Old 06-16-2019, 12:46 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 425
Gualdarrama Gualdarrama Gualdarrama Gualdarrama Gualdarrama
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColorsOfTheHeart View Post
Hey Gualdarrama just letting you know, you put my completed character on Babydoll Miley instead of my own name.
Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.
Old 06-16-2019, 03:40 PM
Risen Lich

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 698
Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik
I see that some people have already been accepted. Dose this mean you are no longer looking for applications for Clerics or Druids?
Old 06-16-2019, 04:34 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Havik View Post
I see that some people have already been accepted. Dose this mean you are no longer looking for applications for Clerics or Druids?
It would have to be a fantastic app for me to accept a third divine caster since there are only 4 spots total.

Last edited by Gualdarrama; 06-16-2019 at 04:34 PM.
Old 06-16-2019, 04:56 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I am posting the weights of equipment packs as you'll need to have encumbrance accounted for on your character sheets:
  • Burglar's Pack (16 gp, 46.5 lbs)
  • Diplomat's Pack (39 gp, 46 lbs)
  • Dungeoneer's Pack (12 gp, 61.5 lbs)
  • Entertainer's Pack (40 gp, 38 lbs)
  • Explorer's Pack (10 gp, 59 lbs)
  • Monster Hunter's Pack (33gp, 48.5 lbs)
  • Priest's Pack (19 gp, 25 lbs)
  • Scholar's Pack (40 gp, 11 lbs)

Coins 100 = 1 lbs.

BTW, a censer a brazier... a brass one is 2gp.

Last edited by Gualdarrama; 06-16-2019 at 04:58 PM.
Old 06-16-2019, 05:33 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1586
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
right-aligned image

Name: Jaece Gilden
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Wizard (Eventually cross b/t War magic/Eldritch Knight)
Background: Soldier

Trait: I've lost too many friends, and I'm slow lo make new ones.
Ideals: Greater Good. Our lot is to lay down our lives in defense of others. (Good)
Bonds: I'll never forget the crushing defeat my company suffered or the enemies who dealt it.
Flaw: My hatred of my enemies is blind and unreasoning.

Personality:
Jaece believes that only through hard work can one achieve their goals. He is mission driven and nothing will stop him from doing whatever he sets his mind to. Although he does not have many friends, he would do anything for those few he does. Jaece is normally even-keeled and keeps a cool demeanor.

Last edited by Silent Rain; 06-16-2019 at 06:01 PM.
Old 06-16-2019, 06:08 PM
Risen Lich

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gualdarrama View Post
It would have to be a fantastic app for me to accept a third divine caster since there are only 4 spots total.
Awe, Wanted to be a Grave Cleric to Matron of Ravens

Alright give me a bit I'll make up a character
Old 06-16-2019, 07:38 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 716
RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77
Updated my sheet
Old 06-16-2019, 08:35 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Notice

Closed to new applicants until further notice.

Those who have posted may finish their apps.
Old 06-16-2019, 08:39 PM
Risen Lich

Tools
User Statistics
Lol crud and just when I was about to make my half-orc Barbarian. Oh well I'll keep an eye on this thread and see if or when it reopens for more characters.

Last edited by Chaos Havik; 06-16-2019 at 08:39 PM.
Old 06-16-2019, 08:48 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Havik View Post
Lol crud and just when I was about to make my half-orc Barbarian. Oh well I'll keep an eye on this thread and see if or when it reopens for more characters.
You posted so you can do the app.