RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 06-18-2019, 04:00 PM
3.5 apples tall

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1599
ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf
I'm hoping to get my character application in tonight. Does the choice of mech affect any other aspect of the character creation process or is anything the list you linked fair game?
Old 06-18-2019, 04:11 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7202
Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade
Sorry for the wall of text background, I started typing and it took off. Still need a photo and to do the Mech write up.

Application
left-aligned image

Name: Dejah Himura

Sex: Female

Appearance: At 1.85 meters (6' 1") there are few people, men or women, that Dejah needs to literally look up to. She keeps her hair short, rarely longer than shoulder length and it is usually it's normal black color, although it has been red, orange or purple on occasion. Her lmond-shaped eyes are hazel and vary from golden amber to brownish green, with even hints of blue.

Whether she is out in the sun or not, she always appears to be lightly tanned. Depending on the amount of clothing she is wearing an ornate tattoo of a serpent can be seen that starts at her left foot, entwined her body, and ends just above her right hand.

Her clothing varies with her surroundings as she does her best to dress appropriately for the situation. Although not fastidious, she tries to keep herself presentable and neat.

Personality: A little reserved when just meeting someone for the first time, Dejah is straightforward and even snarky when she is comfortable with someone. She believes in hard work but also in enjoying her down time and at times seems to embody the phrase, "work hard, play harder."

right-aligned image

Last edited by Nightshade; 06-19-2019 at 06:01 PM.
Old 06-18-2019, 05:26 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3473
anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac
Grand Theft Catapult
left-aligned image
right-aligned image

Name: Will Smith

Sex: Male

Appearance: Will isn't a particularly big guy, but he's got a lot of muscle where it counts. Not necessarily the first person you'd notice in a crowd, but he nevertheless has a presence, a subtle undercurrent that this is a man that you ignore only at your own peril. Maybe it's the way that those blue eyes can penetrate a person, seeming to read them like a book. Or the way that he can still list the occupants of the bar and what each of the tables has been talking about as he's polishing off his flask that he's always bringing everywhere.

Personality: Will is a fun guy to be around, a man who can joke and take a joke. A frequent patron of bars, he likes to pickup on women and sample the local gossip. Notwithstanding the occasional night out, Will is a person who fills his life with discipline and order. He exercises before breakfast, cleans his auto pistols nearly every day, and keeps his personal appearance immaculate. So it is surprising that he exudes a disdain for conventional military forces. Will seems to think that the militarizes of the major houses are all filled with nincompoops and fools and that the only real talent in the galaxy is found in Mercenary units.

Background: Will does not answer questions about his past, but there is some that his lancemates can piece together. They were there when he joined the outfit. The Unit was on garrison duty at a Lyran research compound when a lone, dust covered Combine catapult approached and broadcasted on an open channel. The voice asked if the unit was hiring. After a some back and forth involving a salary negotiation, a man in a Kurita field technician's uniform exited the catapult, then pulled out the body of a mechwarrior also in a Kurita uniform, who was buried that night. Whatever Will told the commander apparently convinced them that the Combine wasn't going to come looking for him or their lost mech, and so far that's held true. In the intervening months Will has proven himself a skilled shot, but his piloting skills are a little on the weak side, and it's clear that he doesn't have the broad knowledge base that some of the older pilots with formal university training take for granted.

Last edited by anamiac; 06-18-2019 at 06:26 PM.
Old 06-18-2019, 05:28 PM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9066
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrasmurf View Post
I'm hoping to get my character application in tonight. Does the choice of mech affect any other aspect of the character creation process or is anything the list you linked fair game?
Choice of Mech really doesn't matter.
Life is short, pilot a Mech you love. (That should be a bumper sticker)
As for skills in the list, any are good, but you need not choose piloting for you mech. All characters will start out with 4 piloting, 3 Gunnery. This is one point up from standard for each. With a good argument and background, you can possibly persuade me to go 3 piloting 4 gunnery, or 5 piloting, 2 gunnery.

As I stated before, I'll take players past the initial number if there's enough interest, but no more than double the #. So it's all good.
Old 06-18-2019, 06:03 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13200
ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna
Good luck all. I played in a MW game a couple of years ago. The DM was amazing and all of his posts very detailed and organised. As an old Battletech and MWO player this was fantastic. To be honest, if I had more free time I'd jump all over this with an app but the best I can muster is a ringing endorsement of the game and a hearty "bon chance".
Old 06-18-2019, 06:30 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3473
anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
Choice of Mech really doesn't matter.
Life is short, pilot a Mech you love. (That should be a bumper sticker)
As for skills in the list, any are good, but you need not choose piloting for you mech. All characters will start out with 4 piloting, 3 Gunnery. This is one point up from standard for each. With a good argument and background, you can possibly persuade me to go 3 piloting 4 gunnery, or 5 piloting, 2 gunnery.

As I stated before, I'll take players past the initial number if there's enough interest, but no more than double the #. So it's all good.
Could Will be one of those 5 piloting, 2 gunnery guys? He's good with guns, but he just doesn't have the experience and pilot training that the other pilots have.

Last edited by anamiac; 06-18-2019 at 06:31 PM.
Old 06-18-2019, 06:48 PM
Older than it Looks

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 137
Babydoll Miley Babydoll Miley
We need to rename the merc unit "Tall Women and Short Men"
Old 06-18-2019, 07:33 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babydoll Miley View Post
We need to rename the merc unit "Tall Women and Short Men"
I haven't been looking at the other apps, sorry to step on your height toes!
Old 06-18-2019, 08:43 PM
The Hoarder of Stories

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2523
TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen
Trixie is 5'8", not that tall
Old 06-19-2019, 10:10 AM
Queen of Silly Ideas

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 633
ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco
I might be interested in this game, but although I'm familiar with the BT universe through many videogames I never played It as a tabletop, RPG or miniature game. Which rules are we going to use exactly and how noob friendly are they?

Last edited by ElCosoLoco; 06-19-2019 at 10:10 AM.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:28 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCosoLoco View Post
I might be interested in this game, but although I'm familiar with the BT universe through many videogames I never played It as a tabletop, RPG or miniature game. Which rules are we going to use exactly and how noob friendly are they?
The first post and a few others after address this.
In summary, we will be using a Homebrew setup with characters using the Cortex rules, and Mech creation/combat governed by the Battletech rules - pre new tech.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:45 AM
Queen of Silly Ideas

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 633
ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
The first post and a few others after address this.
In summary, we will be using a Homebrew setup with characters using the Cortex rules, and Mech creation/combat governed by the Battletech rules - pre new tech.
I got this, but I'm not sure which Battletech we are talking about. Their website has starter rules for a RPG, a battletech tabletop game and a battletech minis game, and those are the current editions. As far as I know there were several previous editions. I'm a bit confused by that.
Anyway, I think my character will be either one of those people that jump in the back of enemy mechs and deliver an alpha, or a long range sniper.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:55 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCosoLoco View Post
I got this, but I'm not sure which Battletech we are talking about. Their website has starter rules for a RPG, a battletech tabletop game and a battletech minis game, and those are the current editions. As far as I know there were several previous editions. I'm a bit confused by that.
Anyway, I think my character will be either one of those people that jump in the back of enemy mechs and deliver an alpha, or a long range sniper.
The adventure is for Mechwarriors, and calls for all characters to "have" a Mech. It's a Mech "Merc" unit game and if all goes well, Campaign. Any character without a Mech would have a lot of time to just "comment" and ride along if desired.

I have several of the books, but I prefer this one, which was originally published in 1987, for it's ease in breaking everything down. And the rules/die rolling for Mech combat is really just consulting tables after rolls if there's a hit.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:48 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
The Classic BattleTech Tech Manual has been invaluable for Mech building/modification. In the descriptions it gives the year is was introduced/reintroduced so it is easy to see what would be available for a Mech.

Last edited by Nightshade; 06-19-2019 at 11:51 AM.
Old 06-19-2019, 08:44 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamiac View Post
Could Will be one of those 5 piloting, 2 gunnery guys? He's good with guns, but he just doesn't have the experience and pilot training that the other pilots have.
I apologize, as I thought I answered this. I "intended" to several times.

Yes, that is fine. Note that a lighter and faster Mech needs a better pilot, so keep that in mind.