Game Thread Act I - Caught In A Briar Patch - Page 10 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Pure Steam: Sprockets and Spurs
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Old Jul 4th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2685
TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic
"We learned about the same. The crates we found were stolen."
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 08:31 PM
A Sociopathic Masquerader

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 339
Surgate Surgate Surgate Surgate
"Back to the Mill then?"
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 08:42 PM
Spellknight

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 439
austarrowsplitter austarrowsplitter austarrowsplitter austarrowsplitter austarrowsplitter
Darren nodded and said, "Sure, let's. At least it wasn't a total waste of time."

You can't have slaughter without laughter.
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 10:41 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic
"You have my vote"
Old Jul 5th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Femme as Hecc

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8974
Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins
"What of Devin and the mayor?" Madeline queried, "I suggest that the false lead was made to get us away from them, not to distract us from other clues. The first time you went there, you found nothing beyond a crate you only identified as a clue afterwards - returning there won't suddenly produce more clues."

Last edited by Muggins; Jul 5th, 2013 at 11:20 AM.
Old Jul 5th, 2013, 04:02 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Jeremiah smirked,"We found the crate at poor Kinny's house, the boy and mayor should be waiting at the Old Mill for us" He started walking in the Mill's direction.
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 01:06 AM
Femme as Hecc

Tools
User Statistics
Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins
"Ah, my mistake," Madeline chimed, "let us be off, then."
Old Jul 8th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Dapper Grizzly

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4513
kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos
Dooley's OutfittersStephen thanks both Edward and Madeline heartily, stating that the extra funds weren't necessary, but caving after the two of them insisted. "It should only take a minute, ma'am!" He stressed, but conceded that as well noting their concern for their friend. He bids them both farewell before retreating back to his shop to attach the strap.

The Old MillYou return to the poker room to find a distressed Mayor chatting with Delth, who seems to be feeling much better after sitting for a moment. Whether it was the heat outside, or something he had eaten... it has passed for the most part. "Oh, you're back!" The mayor rejoices as the four of you pass through the doorway.

"I'm afraid we confirmed just as you suspected," he continues with a much less perky demeanor than seems his custom. "I spoke with Mr. Abbott concerning what you discovered, who sent some of his armed men with me to search the house. And while badly burned, that was in fact Kinny in the bedroom." The mayor chokes for a moment, recalling the scene from the bedroom and quickly pulls a paisley 'kerchief from his breast-pocket and holds it firmly to his mouth while trying to supress the queasiness. "Hrmph... yes." He coughs and continues eventually. "They also encountered a contraption in the kitchen that was filling it with smoke. Attempting to disable it, one of the men was burned and cut by a rather nasty bit of shrapnel it seems. While we weren't sure why you left it, that decision now appears to have been the wiser one."

The mayor replaces his 'kerchief and produces a substantial stack of bills from whence he returned it. "After witnessing poor Mr. Hamilton, I took leave of the house while the others continued to secure it. I sought out Mr. Rackett with what you returned of our departed menace: Sweeney. He was quite pleased that you were able to help him with this, and asked me to see that you received this in payment." He hands the pile of $20's, 15 in all, to Edward as he seemed the most professional, barring the imposing Mr. Norval. "Peculiar though, Seddyn noted that Old Sweeney appeared to be modified beyond the last time he had seen the critter. Part of his back leg appeared to be a discarded shell piece from a pipe organ, like the kind the town used to keep at the chapel. But as I'm sure you've noticed, the chapel is all boarded up. Hasn't been used in quite some time." You note a look of embarrassment on the Reverand's face when he admits to the disarray the chapel has fallen into.
Old Jul 8th, 2013, 10:06 PM

Tools
User Statistics
The Widowman watched the money exchange hands with the same stoic expression he wore throughout the Mayor's speech. It was regrettable one of the folks checking the house got injured, but what truly garnered a reaction was the snippet about Sweeny's leg. "A pipe organ…" He readjusted his goggles and walked away to order a water, returning shortly with a glass in hand, and sipping on it his brows furrowed in deep concentration.

"With your permission Reverend, I'd like to take a look in the chapel. Chances are the pipe organ came from there, and with any luck, this secluded spot may very well be a meeting place for the anarchists, or have another clue pointing us in the right direction." Jeremiah scrunched one hand into a fist, shaking his head, "I've got a feeling one way or another we'll find more than we bargained for, what do y'all think?"
Old Jul 8th, 2013, 11:49 PM
Spellknight

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 439
austarrowsplitter austarrowsplitter austarrowsplitter austarrowsplitter austarrowsplitter
Darren nodded his head and said, "I reckon you could be on to somethin' there, Jeremiah. We oughta check that out indeed."

He then turned to Madeline and said with a smile, "Y'all did a real good job of keepin' the shopkeep busy while we checked him out. Glad to have you on the team! Another smooth talkin' sort is always welcome. I figure between me and Jeremiah, we got plenty of muscle already."

You can't have slaughter without laughter.
Old Jul 9th, 2013, 12:10 AM
Femme as Hecc

Tools
User Statistics
"The chapel sounds the best place for us to start, but I might request that we refrain from entering. If we were to leave tracks or clues of our presence, we could startle them," Madeline mused, "we should attempt reconnaissance first, lest we make a wrong move and force them deeper. The harder we press, the deeper into hiding they shall go." Nodding, she was quite pleased with herself to have thought so far ahead - then again, she wasn't a stranger to mind games, and bluffing was her forte. She turned to Darren and smiled most pleasantly, speaking calmly to the figure, "my thanks, mister. I was all to glad to have helped, and to find my company welcome on this most dark of occasions is a most pleasant surprise."

Last edited by Muggins; Jul 9th, 2013 at 12:10 AM.
Old Jul 9th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Dapper Grizzly

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4513
kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos
"Well I'm glad I caught you before you continue then." The mayor said. His smile is bright, but voice betrays a heaviness from everything happening. "It's getting dark, and we have family to inform no doubt of Kinny's passing and formalities to prepare. If you do choose to visit the chapel this evening, I ask you to watch your footing. That poor building hasn't been used in years and is no doubt in an awful state of disrepair. But it's right in the center of town, so I doubt anything suspicious is there." He removes the same 'kerchief as earlier, and wipes his brow, then swiftly finishes the mostly empty glass of amber liquid resting on the center table. He instinctively smiles again, as if nothing were troubling the town. "I'll return here in the morning then, to hear of your findings."

Etyrian ChapelThe sun is almost fully set, so most of the world is cast in greys. A two story chapel looms ominously now over the main square, kitty-corner the now locked up Dooley's Outfitters. You had noticed the building earlier, but now it has a much greater presence in your perspective. The lofty roof and steeple hint at the beauty you imagine it once had, but now it seems nothing more than boarded windows and flaking white paint. Old and faded steps lead up to the large set of wooden doors.
Old Jul 9th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Pronouns: he/him/precious

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12186
orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane
Delth, now feeling much better and back in an adventuring spirit. "Sorry.. Ahem, sorry you have left you all in a rut. I'm feeling much better now. What've you managed to find out? What's the next step?"
Old Jul 10th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
"Both much and nothing." says Edward, "We have apprehended a cat, albeit a monsterous one, chased a wild goose and found what may be a clue. The reason for which we are now proceeding to the abandoned chapel, in the hopes that it contain, or at least guide us to our quarry."
Old Jul 10th, 2013, 01:54 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Jeremiah nodded, now turning his attention to the abandoned chapel. He found some merit in Madeline's logic about disturbing the place, and would try learning all he could before being forced to intrude onto the property. He popped his neck and placed both hands behind his back, putting all of his attention on the building's exterior, looking for what might not be obvious, a board loosened perhaps, or anything that seemed out of place.

Dice Perception:
1d20+8 (10)+8 Total = 18