RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Open Roleplaying > Outplay Arena > Outplay 2019
twitter google facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2019, 01:24 AM
Mmmm, crunchy.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4776
Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaP View Post
If it would remain active, how would the bonus to AC equal to the intelligence modifier work? Would it keep the INT of the caster when the ability was activated or would it change to the new form's INT? What would having a negative INT modifier do to it?
I believe the Intelligence based bonuses from a Bladesong have a +1 minimum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaP View Post
Certain effects, such as the bladesong, lasts for the duration of the spell without requiring concentration. I was wondering how casting polymorph on oneself would affect that. Would it even still be in effect, as now that is not a feat as the new form's stat block replaces the old?
It's not a spell or a feat though, think of it as a feature more like a barbarian's Rage. It doesn't have a caster there's no reason it shouldn't change it's effects based on your current stats.
It ends early if you're incapacitated, or don other than light armorarmor or a shield, or make a A weapon attack using both hands, not an attack with a two-handed weapon.two handed weapon attack, or dismiss it.

FWIW; If I were DMing, I wouldn't let a barbarian Rage or a bladesinger You can wordify anything if you just verb it.

Bladesing while polymorphed, but I wouldn't rule that being polymorphed prematurely ended either or those conditions if they were already in effect.
Old 07-21-2019, 11:07 PM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19220
Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Nommer View Post
FWIW; If I were DMing, I wouldn't let a barbarian Rage or a bladesinger You can wordify anything if you just verb it.

Bladesing while polymorphed, but I wouldn't rule that being polymorphed prematurely ended either or those conditions if they were already in effect.
Answered in AlphaP's post, but Polymorph does not let you take advantage of or use your racial or class features. That is reserved for the Druid's Wild Shape.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:54 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 791
cchrome77 cchrome77 cchrome77 cchrome77 cchrome77 cchrome77 cchrome77
If we do not need any healing, or just don’t want it, can we use that set of actions for combat or movement instead?

Wyn - No

Last edited by Wynamoinen; 07-22-2019 at 09:39 AM.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:47 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1188
Antipode Antipode Antipode Antipode Antipode Antipode Antipode Antipode Antipode

Last edited by wodine; 07-22-2019 at 10:53 AM.
Old 07-22-2019, 12:21 PM
Simple Storysmith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8545
MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac
So, specific question just so I understand what can be done. It sounds like no healing on the journey to this location, thatís fine for me. I have a pearl of power and my wand of the pact keeper. Both allow me to recover a spell slot. But am I right in reading that they can only be used in the current round of the competition as one of my actions, not during the journey here, or previous to my actual round? There was discussion of healing spells or hit dice being used once a day in the mechanics tab for travel, so Iím a bit confused whether these items might also have been used similarly, or perhaps my sleep addled mind didnít quite get it at all.

The short of it: how can I use my pearl of power and wand outside of round 2, if at all.

Wyn - the TT in the first paragraph of the Round 2 thread says no mechanical actions took place in the interlude between Round 1 and Round 2. You are correct that if you want to use the items, you need to use them in the thread, as part of the actions available to you this week. We have made no announcements about the availability of 'downtime' actions, one way or another, for future weeks of competition.

Last edited by Wynamoinen; 07-22-2019 at 12:34 PM.
Old 07-22-2019, 12:32 PM
Mmmm, crunchy.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4776
Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhelogan View Post
Answered in AlphaP's post, but Polymorph does not let you take advantage of or use your racial or class features. That is reserved for the Druid's Wild Shape.
Ok, the Sage Advice link was helpful.
Old 07-22-2019, 12:39 PM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8726
Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy

Last edited by Squeak; 07-22-2019 at 01:10 PM.
Old 07-22-2019, 06:45 PM
Simple Storysmith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8545
MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac
Final question as I work this out. Rather than a healing action, can I use my pearl or wand's action to recover a spell slot rather than recovering hit points? I'd be using a limited resource to recover lost resources from the previous round, so I would imagine that's allowed, but I wanted to confirm before doing it.

Wyn - No. We state very explicitly what "a healing action" is in the post. This action does not satisfy that definition.

Last edited by Wynamoinen; 07-22-2019 at 06:49 PM.
Old 07-22-2019, 07:53 PM
All Bark & Husky

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2352
DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs
Ack! computer suddenly refreshed and now the dice tag is posted without an inum. May I add that in?

SQUEAK - I would suggest skipping it this time. Better no inum .vs an error tag on your dice roll.

Last edited by Squeak; 07-22-2019 at 08:06 PM.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:30 PM
Anointed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4560
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk

"Play HAVOC! And Let Lose the Dogs of WAR!"

DMing: An Untimely EncounterPosting Status: Normal

Last edited by Silk; 07-23-2019 at 01:17 AM.
Old 07-23-2019, 08:57 AM
Σ͑͒͌̏̍͞҉̻͎̙͈̯͔͖̟

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7816
Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin
Quote:
Wodine — From here on out I will follow your actions exactly. No iffs or buts. Your actions occur in posting order. If you want go last, post last.
Are there any rules about letting one player submit a post on behalf of another, so long as it's completely written by the intended player? (Whatever typos/formatting errors, presumably getting baked in.)

Work schedules can be... inconvenient, and if we need to post in a precise order to correspond with our action, it might help if the rest of us could lend a hand. SQUEAK - Yes, there is a rule about one player posting on behalf of another. IT IS NOT ALLOWED.

More importantly, you should not have access to another players post in advance. The only information you PC's know is from the threads that you are or have been involved in. If you are PM'ing other players your posts in advance, that's metagaming. If the judges see examples of metagaming, it will be frowned on and most likely result in negative points.

Gaijin — PMing shortly.
{As Featured in Explosive Runes #24!}
"The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge."

Last edited by Gaijin; 07-23-2019 at 10:06 AM.
Old 07-23-2019, 10:53 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1188
Antipode Antipode Antipode Antipode Antipode Antipode Antipode Antipode Antipode

Last edited by Squeak; 07-23-2019 at 10:59 AM.
Old 07-23-2019, 12:55 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3662
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman

Last edited by Wynamoinen; 07-23-2019 at 01:23 PM.
Old 07-23-2019, 02:01 PM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8726
Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy
I feel I need to respectfully raise issue with the “only posting order” and “no contingencies” ruling. For one, holding your actions and prepared actions are a thing in pathfinder, and for two being able to work as a team sort of requires some flexibility. In order to get the time I need to put out even close to the expect post quality there is one window I can use, which means it’s a crap shoot on if I will get it in before others. Since we are not at a table and can’t talk tactics like you would, and this isn’t a normal game where you could post incrementally this sort of ruling is massively hampering. It’s not who can play the best, but rather who gets lucky and happens to either be the most effective alone or can post after everyone. I recognize this puts a little more work on the DMs but it creates an environment where everyone can have a fun and immersive experience and shine their brightest which is what I thought the competition was for?

It isn't about 'no contingencies' so much as I don't want to take your turn for you.

Last edited by wodine; 07-23-2019 at 03:15 PM.
Old 07-23-2019, 02:04 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 791
cchrome77 cchrome77 cchrome77 cchrome77 cchrome77 cchrome77 cchrome77

Last edited by cchrome77; 07-24-2019 at 06:01 AM.
Closed Thread