RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 08-02-2019, 11:16 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1123
Mack Mack Mack Mack Mack Mack Mack Mack Mack
sounds good

I have taken the Oath
Old 08-03-2019, 12:16 PM
👑Dwarven⚔️Princess 👠

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1363
ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz
I could really go for some good 'ol classic fantasy, and I love the condensed skill list.

A few questions:
1. Where do the dwarves live, and/or how is their society doing?
2. Any rules on multi-classing? Alignment restrictions, etc.
3. What is the the most advanced technology in this awakening period?
4. How do "alternative magics" fit in? Psionics, Incarnum, etc.

Definitely interested though!
~ f a r ☯ o u t ~
Old 08-03-2019, 03:36 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcaneJazz View Post
I could really go for some good 'ol classic fantasy, and I love the condensed skill list.

A few questions:
1. Where do the dwarves live, and/or how is their society doing?
2. Any rules on multi-classing? Alignment restrictions, etc.
3. What is the the most advanced technology in this awakening period?
4. How do "alternative magics" fit in? Psionics, Incarnum, etc.

Definitely interested though!

1) Dwarf society is doing great. For the most part, all races get along in this awakened age. There are some old school dwarves who think they are the only masters of ore and make the best weapons. They live throughout the land but the main dwarf city is in the northeast in the Ironwood forest and Mnt Ironwood, which is below the Black River.
2) I am fine on multi-classing as long as it makes sense to your character progression.
3)I would say I would be open to basic guns. They are still in the very beginning of being created. Very rare, very expensive, and slightly tabo.
4) I would say Psionics would be okay. Not much of anything else.

I have taken the Oath
Old 08-03-2019, 04:25 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2482
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon

Name: Skye McKenna
Race: Human
Class: Spirit Shaman
Role: Party face, healer, nature expert/survivalist
Planned Progression: Spirit Shaman (20) OR Spirit Shaman (10)/Warmage (10)

Personality: Her family has always seen her as something of a dreamer. Many outside her family seem to think that she's a bit touched in the head. It probably doesn't help that the 'imaginary' fox she played with as a child never went away and she often interacts with it. Despite these conceptions, almost everyone who knows her would agree that Skye is a friendly young woman who enjoys chatting with her father's customers and helping her mother with her work. Personally, though she's enjoyed her life thus far, she longs for something more. Something that would challenge her skills and abilities. She dislikes bullies, regularly attempts to talk people down when tempers rise and prefers subtly to being obvious whenever possible. Skye has a weakness for fruit filled pastries.

Basic Background: "Me? I'm the youngest of five. Three boys and two girls, so there was always someone to play with. The boys are stuck between my sister and me in age. My dad runs a tavern, the Dancing Bear, and has been my middle brother to take over once he's ready to step back. Not that we all haven't helped out and been taught how to run one and how to cook. Mother is a healer. One of the best in the region. While I'm a fair healer, with and without magic, twins are better at it." Skye looked to the ceiling with a small, almost nostalgic, smile and took a drink of her cider. Turning back to her current companion and, hopefully, the man that would allow her to join his caravan long enough to get to the capital, she noticed her fox sitting between them. Not that he saw the furry creature. Nobody ever did. "My youngest brother is an excellent hunter. His mentor says he's got an almost instinctual knack with a bow."

Her smile broadened when Kit returned to her lap and curled up for a nap. She would have stroked her guide's back but that just made her look 'crazy' and she really wanted to avoid that. "Then there's me. I've helped my parents out since I was old enough to sweep floors, fetch water and help gather herbs. I was taught to cook and chat with customers by my father and how to heal by my mother. She also did her best to teach me how to use my magic but, since it seems to work a bit differently than hers, that helped only so much. I don't mind the idea of being a Healer or working in a tavern or inn. Really, I don't." Skye paused to gather her thoughts. She really had had a simple childhood and was only a couple years into adulthood with nothing major happening to her. Sure, she'd been interested in a few of the local boys but she wanted to see the world. "But, I need a chance to find myself away from my parents. An opportunity to find out if I'm destined to be a simple country Healer or the sister of a tavernkeeper and a wife and mother, if I found someone I wanted long enough to actually get to that point. I know that I'm different. Know that my magic isn't quite like that of a druid or cleric and that I'm not all that great in a fight. However, I am good with people, can heal and cook, and am a fair hand at surviving in the wild." She had her brother, his mentor and her fox to thank for that more than either of her parents. Her mother did help when it came to plants but that was more 'which are good medicinal plants' and the common edible ones that pretty much everyone knew. "I'm sure I can help the Kingdom if I'm just given the chance."

Last edited by Cristal08Darkmoon; 08-14-2019 at 08:44 PM.
Old 08-03-2019, 08:07 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 264
Mason Mason Mason
Name: Hendrick
Race: Draconic Human (+1 LA using the 25 point buy)
Class: Warblade
Role: Frontline Fighter
Planned Progression: Warblade 20 (but might add some Psionic flare if it comes up in-game)

Basic Background:
One might think that having the blood of dragons coursing through your veins would be a great boon. Not so for Hendrick. His mother dropped him at the nearest orphanage when she first saw eyes. Thankfully his claws didn't come in until later in life or she might have killed him then and there. The monks took good care of him for the first decade of life, but they always knew that they wouldn't be able to handle him as he grew into manhood. Thankfully, they knew of a school that would be able to temper him. The next decade was hard on Hendrick, but he reveled in the challenge that he faced. He was taught the art of combat and the blessings that steel could bestow. He seemed to become one with the blade and cherished his victories. But he didn't learn just how to fight. He learned that true strength lay in the mind as much as it did muscle.

Appearance:
Hendrick stands at an even six feet in height with strong physic, but not overly muscled. His armor is kept oiled and in pristine condition despite the signs of battle it bears. Upon closer examination, his eyes look slightly odd. The pupils are more vertical and less round. This makes his stare all the more intimidating.

Last edited by Mason; 08-07-2019 at 08:10 PM.
Old 08-05-2019, 04:13 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3574
Paerniel Paerniel Paerniel Paerniel Paerniel Paerniel Paerniel Paerniel Paerniel Paerniel Paerniel
right-aligned image

Name: Paerniel
Race: Human
Class: Warlock from Complete Arcane (alignment is CG; made pact with fey, but pact does not play into 3.5 mechanics)
Role: Ranged attacks (eldritch blast instead of arrows)

Planned Progression: Continue with levels in warlock. As story unfolds and circumstances permit, add levels of paladin. This will obviously require an alignment change, but there is no game-restriction on warlocks being evil or chaotic the way other classes are. Therefore, I would like to RP the gradual alignment change and conviction to a particular deity (TBD) based on the events which transpire during the game.

Basic Background:
They say grandmother was a nymph, but I'm more inclined to believe it was great-grandmother or even great-great-great-grandmother. But our family's connection to the wild fey is evident. All of us girls have always been exceptionally beautiful with long, flowing blonde hair, stunningly-blue eyes and skin that makes artists weep. Pefect, that is what some people have called us. Well... let's be honest. We kind of are.

But the darkness is rising. Rumors abound, and our family has been touched by it. Or rather, I have been touched by it. Literally.

In the night, during the Harvest Moon Festival, our town was ravaged by an onslaught of worgs, horrid creatures bred in evil and darkness. All the adults went to fight and my mother hid me the best she could, but not quite good enough. A worg found me in the bottom of the hay where I was hidden and frantically dug to get to me, scratching my body and face in its fervor. Then I remember lightning... a lot of it, just a few feet away. There was a yelp of pain and a heavy weight fell on top of my. Next thing I remember, Mother was pulling me out from beneath the hay and the carcass of the dead worg.

The healer tried to fix my face, but she said since it was new baby skin, the scars would never go away. And the healer wasn't skilled enough to save my eye. That is what mother told me anyways. I have had several people in the town tell me that the healer... sort of the town hag from what they say... was jealous of my mother and refused to take away the scars out of jealous spite.

I learned later that my mother was in the fields, protecting the livestock from the worgs. No one was in town to defend me. So where did the lightning come from? None of the townsfolk have the foggiest clue, but Mother and I know: it was my nymph ancestor. Or, probably one of her descendants. In gratitude, I made a pact with the goodness in the forests to protect the innocent, the way I was protected, and to fight the rising darkness.

So, of all my family, I am the least beautiful. Scarred by evil in my infancy, I now follow my family's tradition of helping those where we can. For me, my calling came the night I received my scars. I hunt evil.

Last edited by Paerniel; 08-06-2019 at 09:03 AM.
Old 08-05-2019, 11:58 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 287
btccg btccg btccg
Questions:
1) Your rules indicate no racial LA greater than +4 total for the characters. However, the Point Buy section only indicates a LA+1 level. Does this mean that any LA +1 or greater in total only gets the 25 point buy? Or is there supposed to be a different level for LA greater than +1?

2) Are you allowing monstrous races with racial hit dice to use a savage species level progression?
Old 08-06-2019, 02:25 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1148
Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991
Three questions:

1. For Disable Device, since Open Lock is a Dex skill instead of an Int skill, are Open Lock applications going to be Dex based or will all applications be Int based?

2. How strict will the Knowledge check system be? For example, can we reasonably expect our characters to know things like it would probably be a good idea to clean bites received from filth covered rat-like creatures and it's really not a good idea to stand in front of a dragon's mouth as it's taking a big breath or are we going to be rolling for those?

3. Will this be a heavy on the delving or heavy on the in-between campaign? I've got a couple of character concepts, but one really only fits the latter.
Old 08-06-2019, 09:24 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7378
Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade
Glad to see more apps! I love 3.5 and there usually isn't much interest on the forum these days.
Old 08-06-2019, 11:07 AM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11363
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Name: Rubitrex 'Ruby' Stonefist
Race: Gnome
Class: Paladin
Role: Charge Attacker
Progression: Paladin all the way
Basic Background: Ruby has been fascinated by the large bats in her home caves forever. She studied them, then got a small one and began breeding them. Sadly her cave was invaded by creatures lower in the earth and she was only able to escape with a single bat pup. She has raised the bat, now called Onyx, since then teaching it to bear her weight and the two of them fight monsters like the ones that attacked her clan.
Appearance: Ruby has flaming red hair and green eyes. She stands at barely three and a half feet tall, but all of her height seems to be pure muscle. Despite her stature she is a fierce fighter and with her large bat companion a true threat to face in combat.

Last edited by Ysolde; 08-06-2019 at 11:09 AM.
Old 08-06-2019, 12:05 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccg View Post
Questions:
1) Your rules indicate no racial LA greater than +4 total for the characters. However, the Point Buy section only indicates a LA+1 level. Does this mean that any LA +1 or greater in total only gets the 25 point buy? Or is there supposed to be a different level for LA greater than +1?

2) Are you allowing monstrous races with racial hit dice to use a savage species level progression?

1)I fixed it in the first post.

2) Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron3991 View Post
Three questions:

1. For Disable Device, since Open Lock is a Dex skill instead of an Int skill, are Open Lock applications going to be Dex based or will all applications be Int based?

2. How strict will the Knowledge check system be? For example, can we reasonably expect our characters to know things like it would probably be a good idea to clean bites received from filth covered rat-like creatures and it's really not a good idea to stand in front of a dragon's mouth as it's taking a big breath or are we going to be rolling for those?

3. Will this be a heavy on the delving or heavy on the in-between campaign? I've got a couple of character concepts, but one really only fits the latter.

1) I will let the player decided if they want to use their dex or int to do it.

2) The knowledge will be based off what your character would realistically know. If your character has never been on the sea they would not know that much about sea creatures. But there is also common sense. You would have a natural instinct to not stand in front of the dragon or your face might melt off.

3)I try to run a mixture between the two. There will be things that pop up on the road to your destination but it also will not take us a month to go from one town to the other.

I have taken the Oath
Old 08-06-2019, 12:48 PM
👑Dwarven⚔️Princess 👠

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1363
ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz
There are already so many cool characters out here, but I think I'm done fiddling with a concept...

Land of Shalm: Path of Chaos
Durja Nocturne, Black River Dwarf
Class: Ur-Hild, or "DeathSpeaker" in common (Necromancer w/UA variant)
Party Role: Support, Skeletons, Crafting

*Character Arc:
I would like to multiclass with Swordsage, from Tome of Battle. Perhaps the arcane lords of death eventually drop me a magic axe to carry out their will?

*Appearance: At a staggering four and a half feet, Durja towers over her dwarven peers while barely filling out her frame. She dresses in simple dark robes, tied close to her arms and torso, which hang loosely over her legs, and stop just short of two heavy black boots. Her skin is like the rich brown of the riverbank, her hair a massive cascade of braids and beads, sun-bleached to a dark gold and tinted with indigo at the ends. Her eyes are like two giant turqoise gems which carry a restless expression at all times, even when she smiles.

Basic Background:
As part of the Black River tribes, Durja's folk spent more time on the surface than much of dwarven society, usually going out at night to harvest riverside crops and gathering water to purify. Anyone who's ever had dwarven candy has tasted Black River molasses and cane sugar.

Durja would often wander alone at night, being particularly gifted at finding rare mushrooms on the trails, sometimes even getting called Mushroom Girl by her elders. Everything would change about her simple life when she was deep in the forest along the coastline, where she discovered a small tribe of surface Drow.

Her education had never taught her about such a sight, many of them moonclad, dancing and celebrating over a feast that didn't involve any kind of sacrifice or dark ritual. She decided to carefully approach them, and before she knew it she was accepted like distant family amongst them, learning of their abhorence for Drow Tyranny in the Underdark. Durja even fell in love with a drow boy, older than herself yet still young for an elf. She read through many tomes on the arcane arts during this time, finding the dark elven teachings about death and the afterlife fairly similar to the priesthood of her people.

With few connections to home, she planned to eventually wander from the safety of the hills, and was soon to marry the Drow boy. However, fate had for more complicated plans for Durja. By the time she had arrived at the secret grove, it was too late and most of her new family had been slaughtered by their own kind, Drow still loyal to the Spider Empire. Heartbroken at not being able to help, she finds the boy she loved, barely breathing. Nearby, his mother was clutching a tome, and muttering quietly.

"A final incantation for the two of you... Take my tome, the last you will need to complete your training. Take good care of my boy, he will always be with you now, in spirit..."

~ f a r ☯ o u t ~

Last edited by ArcaneJazz; 08-12-2019 at 03:09 AM.
Old 08-06-2019, 06:23 PM
Now a Wizard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8341
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
[Fieldset=Rodan Nador]Race: Human
Class: Psion
Alignment: Lawful Neutral.
Personality: To many the man known as Rodan appears cold, his humor rarely leading to a smile, his anger forcing no scowl, and his sorrow shedding no tears. However beneath the calm surface lies a raging torrent of emotions tamed only by a mind that refuses to let animal instinct away him. At his core he is a man that values peace and order above all else, finding the turbulence of life to be utterly exhausting.
Appearance:
Background:

Last edited by MundayKnight; 08-11-2019 at 04:38 PM.
Old 08-07-2019, 11:48 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I have added a table to the first post with all the applications I have received so far. If you do not see yours, please let me know. Looking forward to reviewing the applications. At a quick glance, there are some interesting characters.

I have taken the Oath
Old 08-08-2019, 07:58 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7378
Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade
Added the last of the background so should be done.