RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook
4 6 0
... raised for charity! December CS purchasers
get a PDF bundle and a free month at $705!
: + +

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 04:52 PM
Of the Fartnocker Clan

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26446
Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak
June Post of the Month

Got a great piece of prose to nominate? Someone write a beautiful paragraph or two in your game?

Nominate them for Post of the Month (POTM).

You can nominate others, or yourself, if you wish... we accept all, without judging.
Until the end of the month. Then, we judge, of course. And pick a winner.

Judges
Nimlos
Aethera
dirkoth
Squeak!

Previous 2017 PotM Winners
January - Morathor
February - Huhart
March -- Eleven sided die
April -- Alcyone
May -- ???

Now, show us who did the best work in June!
Old 06-06-2017, 04:16 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1248
Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol
Player: tomplum
Character: Rhain Griffin
Game: Spine of the World
GM: Vaynol

Reasons for Nomination: I have many reasons for nominating this wonderful post for PotM, but let me put this into context. The Spine of the World is divided into two sorts of PC's -- five untrained neophyte teenagers and one mentor. When I chose tomplum for the game, I chose him for the mentor role. In essence, this made his role in the game slightly more tricky than the others. He has the responsibility for bringing the group together and serving somewhat as a driver for the narrative in the first part of the game. His response and opening post was, well, incredible.

I could point to many things here. The attention to detail here is outstanding, the small bits and pieces advancing the plot, the references here to the chosen one were brilliant and beyond what I expected of him. But most of all it was the character. The character of Rhain Griffin shone through tremendously here. The intellect and somewhat arrogance of the character were superbly pronounced here. It was a compelling read and it thoroughly invested me in the character - I simply wanted to read more about Rhain after finishing it.

Full post here

Old 06-12-2017, 03:22 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12710
ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna
Player/DM: Batty
Character: Game freakin master extraordinaire
Game: Mech Warriors the 4th succession war.
GM: Batty his revered self

Reasons for nomination: Many DM's or GM's put work into their games. The amazing level of research and organization Batty does is heads and shoulders above most of what I've encountered. His PBP read better and are better organized than many commercially produced resources. When you add that to a careful attention to detail and a consummate use of character traits of EACH and EVERY character I find myself flabbergasted even after 40 plus years of RPG experience. Batty is quite sincerely one of the best organized and most attentive GM's I've come across even with experience in a handful of GoTY threads. Give the man some belated and entirely earned Kudoz.

Full post Here.

Last edited by ogamodyna; 06-12-2017 at 03:25 AM.
Old 06-14-2017, 12:54 AM
Alchemical Acquaintance

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2756
Seravok Seravok Seravok Seravok Seravok Seravok Seravok Seravok Seravok Seravok Seravok
Player: or "Ace"Leet Master Ace
Character: Vixen
Game: Return to Ravenloft: Curse of Strahd
DM: Seravok

Reason for Nomination: A little background detail around the unique character known as Vixen in our campaign, she's a multiple personality character that has split temperaments from time to time. She had cast 'Mirror Image' on herself, allowing each version of herself to become perceived by those looking at her. She has a 'temptresss' type background and personality that is common among the splits, and this post exemplifies the charm, desire, hope, and wrath of them all collectively. Moments before this post, Vixen was faced with Strahd and cast 'Feiendship' against him, but her guard was down for that following moment, as Strahd Used his own action to Charm Vixen! Her response to him is this post submitted. A flawless moment where evil begins to triumph, and the character is unknowingly at fault. Needless to say I was impressed!!

Post here

Icewind Dale

Last edited by Seravok; 06-17-2017 at 04:31 PM.
Old 06-21-2017, 12:37 AM
High Fist

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3611
Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach
Player: Maskain
Character: Bathas Glimheart
Game: GIANTSLAYER: The Battle of Bloodmarch Hill
DM: Ziether

Reason for Nomination:
I feel this is one of the better introduction posts I've come across. I really appreciate Maskain's imagery right off the bat, describing Bathas' "ever-blooming" smile. You get a feel for the character immediately and his personality manifests quickly over the next few lines. Over all excellent word choice, and he fleshes out the opening scene nicely. Well done.

Full post here:

Old 06-25-2017, 07:37 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3276
JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons
I decided to make a nomination here. Hope it's up to standards.

Player: Tilal
Character: Kapru Nevinthys
Game: Tales of the 13th Age: The Folding of Screamhaunt Castle
GM: Aethera (I have no doubt in her professionalism.)

Reason for Nomination: There have been several really strong posts in this game, some by myself and pretty much all of Aethera's, who isn't eligible. But it's this one by Tilal that I settled on. I thought that it does a great job setting up his character, with his thoughts and a slightly creepy vibe. I also enjoyed the dark humor there at the end, which I can still remember chuckling at when I first read it. Overall, it was very good, and thought it would fit in here.

Full Post Here.

Old 06-30-2017, 12:10 PM
Rules Enforcer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21121
Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten
Player/DM: Sassafrass
Character: Creepy McNurseface/DM
Game: Strange Aeons
GM: Sassafrass

Reasons for nomination: Sass is one of my favorite DMs on the site. His posts have both girth and excellent content, and he goes out of the way to find pictures and thematical music to set the mood for each game update.

This post is the start of a combat where the PCs have just burst out of captivity to assault a nurse-like entity that changes shapes to portray people plucked from the memory of the PCs. It builds on the PCs actions and meshes both PC and NPC movements together seamlessly while at the same time allowing him to portray Creepy McNurseface with sufficient flair to give me the shivers.

Note the effort put into the OOC section as well, with both combat map and statblocks for every character that is a part of the battle just to make things easier for the players. It is stuff like this that makes being a player in Sass's games a privilege and a joy.

Full post Here.

Swamped at work. Don't wait for me, please.
Father of a proud baby boy. Expect the next 18+ years to be erratic and/or chaotic.
Old 07-01-2017, 08:50 PM
Man・Earth・Sky

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 45035
Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass
Name: TheLawfulNeutral
Game: The Great Modron March (private)
DM: Sassafrass
Link: Here, but it's under lock and key. Sorry, berk.
Reason: Starting a new game is never easy, but it is with players like these. Taking the set pieces I've set up, they've made it into a lovely piece of their own creation, taking the setting and making it their own, doing frankly awesome stuff with what I've given. The tone-setter in this case is TLN, who started the game. Celebrating their character's birthday in a bar in Sigil, the bar is suddenly set upon by an explosion from a closet, which belches out two primers from Faerun who have no idea why they're not dead. This is Bernie's reaction.