Game Thread Chapter 3: The Hungry Storm - Page 8 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Hound's Games > Jade Regent Game
twitter facebook
0 5 4 5
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 05-21-2018, 02:34 PM
DAGRON

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5846
Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A
Garen Mylari
left-aligned image
"You're right," Garen said. "There's nothing exactly threatening, but I don't trust it. What's an old person doing all the way out here alone? And the whole thing seems too... cozy, if that makes sense. We should get back to the others, and then I think we need to move on and leave this place alone."

Last edited by Exhibit A; 05-21-2018 at 02:35 PM.
Old 05-21-2018, 04:14 PM
The hidden treasure

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19270
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
On the Road----------------------Strange encounters of the Mari kind--------------------
You sure you want me dressed? Mari smiled as she has her own magic garment which only took a few seconds to generate an outfit. Im an evoker, not a transmuter. Though I do plan on being able to turn into a dragon later. she commented as she wiped away one of her tears trying to look bold.

I'm afraid the spell does not last very long. But does it have too? she smiled and leaned into the brave knight.

-–------------ at the cabin ------------
Mari looked over at the others, You always worry this much. Let's go say hello and if something is off, im sure well know. she commented as she walks up to the door with the group.

Noticing no one stepping up as usual, she thought it may be a test from her sister. So Mari steps up and knocks on the door to greet the inhabitant.

Last edited by kaylara; 05-21-2018 at 10:00 PM.
Old 05-23-2018, 12:41 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22981
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
A cabin on the crown of the world?Ayako waits patiently for Garen and Davex to come back, arms crossed under her thick cloak beside her sister Ameiko.

Last edited by MoonZar; 05-23-2018 at 07:47 PM.
Old 05-24-2018, 01:24 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16528
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Hospitality or BaitAfter the satyrs return with their report, Silverbolt cocks a brow at their recommendation. "If it is safe for the caravan to go around it, it does no harm to the rest if just one goes." Laying a hand on the enthusiastic Mari's shoulder to stay her a moment, "No one is hunting after me, so whatever your quest shouldn't suffer if I get jumped. Or you could set your own ambush while I go in as bait. And Mari, too, if she still feeling neighborly." The knight shrugs, not all that confident the setting described could possibly pose a strategic ambush point. "Thoughts or strong objection, Ayako?" he asks her.

Old 05-24-2018, 04:50 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
A cabin on the crown of the world?In a pragmatic way the princess answer. - " My thoughts are same as Garen. Think about it, if an old person chooses to live alone in a cabin in the crown of the world, she probably doesn't want to be bothered by visitors and have the means to defend herself. We should continue and let her be. I'm just not sure what we are trying to accomplish here? Are we looking for troubles now? " She takes a deep breath since her half-sister was about to go in spontaneously. - " Sir Silverbolt, if you really want to do this, fine, I will stay as backup about one hundred feet behind the cabin. " She doesn't approve, but willing to accept that people have a mind of their own.

Last edited by MoonZar; 05-24-2018 at 07:55 AM.
Old 05-24-2018, 07:53 AM
Skulblaka-vodhr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1556
Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387
Vagnar Akselson
left-aligned image
Vagnar tugged on his beard thoughtfully. "I think speaking to this person might be a good idea. If nothing else, if he lives here he may know something of Vegsundvaag. We haven't had a terrible amount of success locating the beast as of yet, and we really do need to get back on our path northward as soon as we can. Living like this in a dragon's hunting ground, he must have at least some idea where we can find her."
Old 05-24-2018, 07:58 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
A cabin on the crown of the world?Ayako appears to be convinced by the sound argument of their guide. - " That sounds like a good reason to visit that person. Letís try this, we might indeed learn something about the dragon. " The princess once again listen up to council and trust the wisdom of Vagnar in this territory.

Last edited by MoonZar; 05-24-2018 at 07:59 AM.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:12 AM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16493
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
Davex Yes, of course, why wouldn't we bother someone living alone in dragon country. What could go wrong?

It was nice that Ayako was beginning to listen and trust in her councilors. Now if only she could learn to tell the difference between good and bad council...

Old 05-24-2018, 11:11 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Hospitality or Bait"The visitor could be stabbed with an arrow or two, possibly scorched with a spell," Silverbolt ventures in answer to Davex's semirhetorical question. He speaks of it with the nonchalance of describing a papercut, annoying but forgettable. It begs the question of what qualifies as memorable for the knight. "A rather meager price for civility."

With Ayako's vote of confidence, the centaur knight nods and trots up to the cabin. He has personal doubts that anyone out here will know much about the vile wyrm. They all know her lair is in the cliffside near Iqaliat. Nor would he characterize all hermits as misanthropic or inhospitable. Solitude can get to be much for anyone, and he has had delightful visits with some. He can only wonder what his companions' quest is to leave them so jaded, as if friendliness were not a good enough reason to risk a spot of trouble. Stopping at the door, arms stowed away, he knocks on the cabin door.

Old 05-24-2018, 06:09 PM
Canadian, Eh

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13011
Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound
Cabin in the WoodsThe door swung open revealing... a kindly old lady. She was a generic looking old lady, the kind that gave off a strong grandmother vibe, with a warm welcoming smile. Her hair was snow white, cut short and curly, her big round blue eyes are magnified by the small thin-rimmed gold framed glasses she wore, and wrapped over her shoulders was a large heavy shall for added warmth. She wore a simple yet clean blue robe with a white apron over top. "My, my, my... Visitors. I don't usually get visitors in the off season, but I so adore unexpected surprises. My name is Milly, come on in, you're letting all the heat out." She left the door wide open and began to waddle back inside.

Based on how she moved, she likely had a sore left hip or knee. It was almost more of a hobble than a waddle. The cabin itself was covered in home made arts and crafts, from hand knitted blankets covering nearly every sitting surface, knitted tea teapot cozies to glass coasters, nearly everything was knitted.

The centerpiece of the cabin was the over-sized fireplace with a large black cauldron cooking away atop the fire. The stew inside filled the cabin with an enticing aroma that made one salivate near instantaneous. The woman flopped down in a nearby rocking chair. "Come on in then." She ordered a second time before picking up the current knitting project she was on. "I'm making a sweater. Any of you need a sweater?" The aforementioned sweater she was working was primarily pink with a large red heart on the centre of the chest along with the words "Gramma's Boy" written in cursive common.

~~~

If the group delayed entering the cabin, the old woman complained, "Hurry up! Mittens will escape!" As she complains, she gestures to an The cat appears to be between 18 and 22 pounds, which is at least 5 to 10 pounds to heavy for it. That said, it is a large and long cat.overweight tortoise shell tabby cat laying upon a small mountain of knitted blankets like a princess atop a dozen mattresses. The cat barely opens its eyes to acknowledge its name before trying to roll over despite its girth.

OOCIf anyone has Craft or Profession Tailor, or anything to do with cloth, please roll that now.

'Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.'

Last edited by Hound; 05-24-2018 at 06:11 PM.
Old 05-25-2018, 05:42 PM
The hidden treasure

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19270
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Wicked with of the east?Mari smiled at the old witch and gave a small bow. Hello, I am Mari. as she shuffles inside so everyone can come in as well. Then when the lady asked about needing a sweater, she shakes her head. No thank you. as she glances over at the enormous cat.

You live here all alone? How long have you been here. Do you know the area well? We are travelers and seeking information as well. she comments as the others finally come inside. She then waits for the others to introduce themselves and take over the conversation.

Last edited by kaylara; 05-25-2018 at 05:42 PM.
Old 05-27-2018, 08:30 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
A cabin on the crown of the world?Ayako prays the kami to give her the power to detect evil and enters the cabin last. She rolls her eyes upon her half sister that bombard the old woman with questions, and concentrates on the area.

Last edited by MoonZar; 05-27-2018 at 08:31 AM.
Old 05-27-2018, 10:16 AM
DAGRON

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5846
Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A
Garen Mylari
left-aligned image
Garen warily entered the cabin, alternating between watching the old woman and taking in the sheer amount of knitting. The more normal and cozy the place appeared, the more uneasy it made him. Perhaps he was just being paranoid... but was a little paranoia a bad thing when literal demons were hunting you? Regardless, he wasn't going to let his guard down. With a slight jerk of his head, he indicated to Kelda that she should remain outside and keep watch. She nodded, indicating her agreement.

After introducing himself with a terse "Garen," he allowed the others to speak with Milly, while he turned his own attention to the cat- Mittens. Refusing to feel silly about it, he tapped his fey magic and began to interrogate the feline in a low voice. "Hello, Mittens. You look... very comfortable there. My name is Garen. I was wondering if you could tell me anything about dear old Milly."

Last edited by Exhibit A; 05-27-2018 at 10:16 AM.
Old 05-27-2018, 03:45 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Hospitality or BaitVisor up, the centaur knight nods cordially and follows their hostess inside. He sits on his haunches beside the chairs. He settles his attention upon this Milly, taking her measure with senses Take 10 on Sense Motive for a hunch: 25.mundane and Detect Evil (sp, single target version)magical. Smiling Take 10 on Diplomacy: 20.disarmingly, "Pleased to meet you, Milly. My name is Sir Silverbolt. Thank you for your hospitality, but no thank you as to the sweaters. Your grandson will though the aesthetic not so much appreciate the care put into that one, I'm sure," fishing for a little about the gramma's boy.

"We were passing through when we noted your cabin and stopped for a visit." Silverbolt lets his Take 10 on Perception: 24.eyes roam around the room appreciatively. "It is certainly a cozy little home you have here, ma'am. But rather rare, I think, for anyone to be living out this way other than hunters during the season. What led you to set up out here?"

Old 05-27-2018, 04:35 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16493
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
Davex Davex was less than pleased with this decision and he made that known as they marched their way to the cabin.

No good is going to come of this. The young inquisitor thought as the woman through open the door to seven complete strangers, three of whom were no less than half beast, armed to the teeth plus a lynx. No normal creature does that.

No creature with any self-preservation anyway.

The inside of the hut sent a shiver down Davex’s spine. Anyone watching could not the motion, but had they ever seen the satyr respond the cold in such a fashion?

All that’s missing is a pair of dancing chicken legs… Then the smell of stew warming over the hearth wafted out from inside the cabin.

~Warmth. Mask. Stew. Cold.~

This was it. The dream came crashing back into Davex's mind like the feeling of nausea after a long night of heavy drinking. This was what Desna was trying to warn him about. Whatever this thing was, it was no harmless old woman. Narrowing his eyes as the woman turns her back, the Inquisitor detects the woman’s alignment – he must know what her heart holds. As all the others appear oblivious to the dangers, Davex remains standing next to Garen, Trj at his feet, and whispers in their shared native tongue, Things are not as they appear, ready yourself.

As the newcomer begins asking questions Davex’s eyes become sacred conduits for his Lady, Discerning Lies being told by the old woman, while
Dice Sense Motive:
d20+9+3 (5)+9+3 Total = 17
checking for her true intentions.

With a gentle nudge of his foot, Trj takes a seat next to Ayako, nudging her for pets, his eyes locked on the other ‘cat,’ preparing to protect her from any harm.

Last edited by wodine; 05-27-2018 at 04:44 PM.