Site/Forum Questions Ask General Questions HERE - Page 158 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Feedback & User Resources > Questions and Site Discussions
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Feb 28th, 2021, 02:05 PM
Literal Worm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5641
Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon
Ahh of course, seems so obvious now! Thanks very much!
Old Feb 28th, 2021, 03:31 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 70954
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
If I fixed it, it pretty much had to be obvious. The last time I coded anything, it was in Fortran.

In the 80's.

Ugh.
Old Feb 28th, 2021, 06:57 PM
Peace, Love, and Gaming

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18357
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
There might actually be a special character that you can use to include a paragraph break within TT, if it's really important. I picked it up from Gaijin a couple years ago in IronDM, where he used it to include paragraph breaks in a complicated table. He would put this special character in a [center]⠀[/center]... Let me try it here, and if it works, you can quote my post to use it, or just copy that character between the centers.

This is the first paragraph.
This is the second paragraph.
I'm trying things!

EDIT: Success!

Last edited by Unko Talok; Feb 28th, 2021 at 06:59 PM.
Old Mar 2nd, 2021, 03:48 PM
Σ͑͒͌̏̍͞҉̻͎̙͈̯͔͖̟

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9446
Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin
You can also find a few other toys in my heavily neglected thread: The Workshop: Tablemancy, Formatting, Tools
Old Mar 8th, 2021, 08:21 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 358
JaneGray JaneGray JaneGray JaneGray
2 Questions

1. How does the multiple quote thingy work? I'm not seeing it in the places I've been reading and I'm probably just missing something quite obvious.

2. Is it "acceptable use" to show someone my NPSG? I am inviting someone to join the fun here, and I think it would help him see if I could let him SEE an example of play.

I hereby take the oath of Sangus.
Old Mar 8th, 2021, 08:27 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 37906
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
You see the quote button bottom right? Two button right of that there's a button with the same symbol. Click that on all but the last post and then click the normal quote button on the last and it'll bundle all the code

You can also do it the long way and just keep hitting quote and cut and paste it.

As for the solo game, I'd advise against showing them because that'll just be spoilers for when you convince them to join and they get their own solo game!

If you'd like some examples though, feel free to show them some of the continuous recruitment games or of you're feeling fancy, click the hall of fame tab and show them the best of the best!

Good luck wrangling your friend in!!!
Old Mar 8th, 2021, 09:53 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imveros View Post
You see the quote button bottom right? Two button right of that there's a button with the same symbol. Click that on all but the last post and then click the normal quote button on the last and it'll bundle all the code
Oh! I had in my head a different meaning for that!

Quote:
You can also do it the long way and just keep hitting quote and cut and paste it.
… Separating each paragraph to add things in…

Quote:
As for the solo game, I'd advise against showing them because that'll just be spoilers for when you convince them to join and they get their own solo game!
That's enough of a reason! Thanks!

Quote:
If you'd like some examples though, feel free to show them some of the continuous recruitment games or of you're feeling fancy, click the hall of fame tab and show them the best of the best!
That's a good idea.

Quote:
We shall see. He has signed in but hasn't posted anything yet.

Old Mar 9th, 2021, 09:38 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 37906
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneGray View Post
… Separating each paragraph to add things in...
Ah that's a little trickier

So, when you hit the quote button you'll get the quote brackets. Quote=UserName;PostNumer then closed with /quote

Chop the posts up just make sure to copy paste the brackets before and after. I'll also make sure to mention that altering the words in the quotes is a big no no because it's easy to put words in people's mouths if people don't do their homework.

Copy paste powers activate!

Quote:
You see the quote button bottom right? Two button right of that there's a button with the same symbol. Click that on all but the last post and then click the normal quote button on the last and it'll bundle all the code in!!!
See

Quote:
You can also do it the long way and just keep hitting quote and cut and paste it.in!!!
Just

Quote:
As for the solo game, I'd advise against showing them because that'll just be spoilers for when you convince them to join and they get their own solo game!in!!!
Copy

Quote:
If you'd like some examples though, feel free to show them some of the continuous recruitment games or of you're feeling fancy, click the hall of fame tab and show them the best of the best!in!!!
Paste

Quote:
The start and end brackets where you want the breaks to be
Old Mar 9th, 2021, 11:06 AM
Eternal Bard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26542
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Quote:
2. Is it "acceptable use" to show someone my NPSG? I am inviting someone to join the fun here, and I think it would help him see if I could let him SEE an example of play.
You actually shouldn't even be able to show it to them. If the NPSG is set up properly, it should be "secret" and only visible to you. You wouldn't have the ability to permit another person see it. If you can see someone else's NPSG, it would be good if you could report it to me or your NPSG GM. It's supposed to be new to everyone, so no NPSG should be publicly visible.
Old Mar 9th, 2021, 11:28 AM
Here to help

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21490
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Instead of showing the NPSG module you went/are going through and possibly spoil it for them why not show off some of the Hall of Fame games?

This way they can see some of the amazing writing they might expect here on the crossing and not ruin any possible fun for them if/when they join?
Old Mar 9th, 2021, 03:32 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Ah that's a little trickier

So, when you hit the quote button you'll get the quote brackets. Quote=UserName;PostNumer then closed with /quote
I see how it works. It feels a little bit clunky, but it works cleanly.

It really is fun learning here.

Old Mar 9th, 2021, 03:38 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynamoinen View Post
You actually shouldn't even be able to show it to them. If the NPSG is set up properly, it should be "secret" and only visible to you. You wouldn't have the ability to permit another person see it. If you can see someone else's NPSG, it would be good if you could report it to me or your NPSG GM. It's supposed to be new to everyone, so no NPSG should be publicly visible.
I see that.

On another topic completely, I so wish that I had been here to play UNCAGED. It looks like I missed something special.

Old Mar 9th, 2021, 03:41 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Wynamoinen, I didn't TRY to send or show the link. I asked first. I can see, though, that it should be an impossibility.

Old Mar 9th, 2021, 03:43 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I sent the link to one Hall of Fame game and showed him that sometimes there are CALL OF CTHULHU games going on.

Old Mar 9th, 2021, 04:15 PM
Eternal Bard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26542
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Quote:
Wynamoinen, I didn't TRY to send or show the link. I asked first. I can see, though, that it should be an impossibility.
I'm not accusing anyone of anything! It can just be frustrating if you send them a link and it doesn't work for a reason you're not sure of.

As far as Uncaged: I'm glad you think it looks interesting! It's designed to be an ongoing series of one-shots (which in PbP land means "games that last 12-15 months"). So I expect that I'll re-recruit for a whole new group of players around the new year, give or take two months. Keep an eye out, and please do apply if you're interested!