Ruined Streets of Kenabres - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 04:36 AM
Tread253's Avatar
Tread253 Tread253 is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 17th, 2014
RPXP: 0
Tread253
Posts: 97


Calathes walks over and places his hand on Aravashniel's shoulder. "My friend Aravashniel. I believe that you said it was with the utmost speed that we proceed to the Librarium. We have arrived there and rescued your comrades. Is there something else that needs to be done now that we are here?"

Calathes turns to the rest of the group, "I believe that it is safe to assume that everyone here is in dire need of rest. It will do us no good to travel throughout the ruins of the city in the condition that we are in. I would like to propose that we locate a secure place to rest for at least half a day. If we can fortify the Librarium so that it is somewhat defensible, then I propose that we rest here. If this location is not suitable, then I will attempt to scout the surrounding buildings for a better "base of operations" for lack of a better term."

Calathes gestures to the surrounding rubble, "The city is in ruins, but my hope is that survivors remain and that some form of the City's command structure is still holding out somewhere. I propose that after we are rested, we head northwest towards Old Kenabres. That section of the city is easily the most defensible, and it is the location of both of the temples of Iomedae. That holy ground would be the last to fall to the demonic horde. Along the way, we can gather any other survivors that we encounter and see to their safety. Once the civilians are safe on holy ground, we can sally forth from there and begin clearing the city."

"If we discover that the temples are overrun, then the City is lost. At that point, we would escort survivors out of the rubble of Kenabres to the nearest safe town. Does anyone have any other suggestions?"
__________________
M A T H I A S..............
...........C R I M S O N T H O R N

UNINJURED | AC 17 (21 fighting defensively) | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +4 | Will +0 | Init +2 | Perception +6 | Sense Motive +0 |

Last edited by Tread253; Jan 26th, 2014 at 06:16 AM.
  #62  
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 09:39 AM
w431's Avatar
w431 w431 is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 4th, 2014
RPXP: 0
w431
Posts: 85
I agree we should rest. But we should then go by the homes of our other to party members and check on there wives and other family. We need to be careful of the black vermin I saw. I do not know if they show up before an attack, or if they just show up.
  #63  
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 12:15 PM
Tread253's Avatar
Tread253 Tread253 is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 17th, 2014
RPXP: 0
Tread253
Posts: 97


"Friend Abaddon, I am not arguing that we abandon the loved ones of our friends. I am suggesting, however, that we first escort our friends someplace safe. Then those of us capable of combat can travel to their homes and escort their loved ones to safety as well. No offense meant to our friends, but I believe that we would have a better chance of rescuing those that they care about if we could move without our injured. While I am sure that they are normally very capable, Aravashniel's blindness and Anevia's broken leg put our entire group at a higher risk. Let us get them someplace safe, and then bring their loved one's to them.

If their homes happen to be along our path to safety, then obviously we can detour and check on their loved ones. However, if the rest of our group feels differently, then I will honor their decision."
__________________
M A T H I A S..............
...........C R I M S O N T H O R N

UNINJURED | AC 17 (21 fighting defensively) | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +4 | Will +0 | Init +2 | Perception +6 | Sense Motive +0 |
  #64  
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 01:10 PM
w431's Avatar
w431 w431 is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 4th, 2014
RPXP: 0
w431
Posts: 85
No, your words are wise. I agree with your statement. Getting them to safety is a good plan.

When and if the party agrees to rest here, Abaddon tells them to wake him for one of the watches but he will lay down somewhere on the ground and immediately fall asleep.
  #65  
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 01:53 PM
GMBres GMBres is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 11th, 2014
RPXP: 50
GMBres
Posts: 144
Aravashnial: "Dearest friends, thank you for rescuing me from the invasion at the town square, assisting me through the caverns and now escorting me back to my base of operations. Frenna will take care of me from now on. There was a regeneration scroll here in the librarium before I left for the ceremony. It will take weeks to find it and also find out what the villain stole from our vaults."

Since the enemy is aware of what this place was I believe our allies should too. This librarium was a collection point of all knowledge about each of the demonic species previously encountered in these past four crusades. It also became the front of our secret society, the Riftwardens. We came into existence to stop the Blackflame Adepts, a group that travels the planes looking to open portals so that they and the extra-planar creatures can move freely throughout the universe. The Riftwardens seek to prevent or destroy any portal created to summon things to the Material Plane."

"Frenna said there is a hole in an adjacent warehouse with supplies. You are welcome to stay the night here among friends. I must take charge of the remaining librarians until I learn the fate of our headmaster, Quednys."

Last edited by GMBres; Feb 6th, 2014 at 02:50 PM.
  #66  
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 02:59 PM
Tread253's Avatar
Tread253 Tread253 is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 17th, 2014
RPXP: 0
Tread253
Posts: 97
"My friend Aravashniel, I fear that remaining here may not be entirely safe, but if that is your decision, then of course we will respect it."

Calathes glances at the already sleeping form of Abaddon, "It would appear that we will have to secure this camp site without assistance from Abandon. Vallak, perhaps if you were to stand guard while Ithuriel, Elric, and Alphonse clear us a sleeping area? I will go and inventory the supplies in the neighboring warehouse. We can then discuss our next move after some much needed rest."

Calathes will head over to the warehouse and search for supplies.
__________________
M A T H I A S..............
...........C R I M S O N T H O R N

UNINJURED | AC 17 (21 fighting defensively) | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +4 | Will +0 | Init +2 | Perception +6 | Sense Motive +0 |
  #67  
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 05:27 PM
GMBres GMBres is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 11th, 2014
RPXP: 50
GMBres
Posts: 144
There are 2 barrels of water, 6 torches, a lantern, two skins of lantern oil, a cask of wine, and three crates of dried foodstuffs in the broken-in storeroom. There is also sufficient room for each person to make a bedroll while one remains vigilant.

It will be difficult to be completely observant due to raging fires, collapsing dilapidated buildings, echoes of screams from victims and the shrieks of demons that still wander the city.

Last edited by GMBres; Jan 26th, 2014 at 07:04 PM.
  #68  
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 06:06 PM
Vecc's Avatar
Vecc Vecc is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 31st, 2014
RPXP: 0
Vecc
Posts: 97

I think yours is a wise plan, Calathes. If there are no objections, I'd like to take two of the recovered crossbow bolts to restock my inventory.

Ithuriel will work as directed to secure and set up the camp. He will make polite conversation, and will attempt to learn what he can about the Riftwardens. When the work is complete, he will get some much needed sleep.

 
  #69  
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 06:20 PM
GMBres GMBres is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 11th, 2014
RPXP: 50
GMBres
Posts: 144
During your conversations with the librarians, you come across some of the rumors circulating through the survivors.

One librarian, who was at home during the start of the attack, says that the cultists have been here all along and were hiding in plain sight. Two different groups of cultists now wander the streets of Kenabres.

Another librarian, who was at the town square but managed to escape, says that after Korramzadeh the Storm King killed Terendelev, he and his host of demon lords carried her body back to the Worldwound.

Frenna, who said she was the first back to the library after the attack, says she seen a small squad of the Eagle Watch mobilize and began trying to take back Kenabres street by street, but she has not heard from them since.

Last edited by GMBres; Jan 26th, 2014 at 06:37 PM.
  #70  
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 06:24 PM
GMBres GMBres is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 11th, 2014
RPXP: 50
GMBres
Posts: 144
Anevia: "Did you say Eagle Watch?" Anevia perks up when she hears that name. "Was the squad lead by a half-orc woman? If so, that might be Irabeth!!"

Last edited by GMBres; Jan 26th, 2014 at 06:25 PM.
  #71  
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 06:32 PM
GMBres GMBres is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 11th, 2014
RPXP: 50
GMBres
Posts: 144
Horgus Gwerm: This has been all well and good but first thing in the morning, you are to take me back to my mansion, if you plan on getting paid." Horgus says while pouring his third glass of wine. "Irabeth is a hardened woman, she can take care of her own affairs. No telling what's happened to my businesses or my manor while I've been traipsing about underground with inbred mole-people." Horgus finishes another glass of wine and begins picking through the dried food looking for something delectable. "It's to the northeast and just a few blocks away."

Last edited by GMBres; Jan 26th, 2014 at 06:38 PM.
  #72  
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 07:51 PM
sppd297's Avatar
sppd297 sppd297 is offline
Juvenile Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 5th, 2014
RPXP: 0
sppd297
Posts: 38
" Horgus , for once I agree with you. I look forward to dropping you off at your manor and going our separate ways. None of that happens until after we rest.

Calathes, that is a good plan. You scout the warehouse, I will stand guard and keep them safe."

Last edited by sppd297; Jan 26th, 2014 at 07:52 PM.
  #73  
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 08:11 PM
GMBres GMBres is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 11th, 2014
RPXP: 50
GMBres
Posts: 144
Does anyone want to do anything particular before resting the night? Say so soon, before I advance the evening.
  #74  
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 08:22 PM
w431's Avatar
w431 w431 is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 4th, 2014
RPXP: 0
w431
Posts: 85
Abaddon

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  #75  
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 10:09 PM
Tread253's Avatar
Tread253 Tread253 is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 17th, 2014
RPXP: 0
Tread253
Posts: 97


Calathes returns from the warehouse. "Since I have not suffered injury, I will stand first watch. Sleep well."

OOC, my spells only replenish in the mornings. What time of day is it? Will we be resting until the following morning? Calathes has nothing else he needs to do before the following day.
__________________
M A T H I A S..............
...........C R I M S O N T H O R N

UNINJURED | AC 17 (21 fighting defensively) | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +4 | Will +0 | Init +2 | Perception +6 | Sense Motive +0 |
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:21 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2024, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB