Old Kenabres and the Gray Garrison - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old Feb 12th, 2014, 04:02 PM
Tread253's Avatar
Tread253 Tread253 is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 17th, 2014
RPXP: 0
Tread253
Posts: 97


I have a lot going on over the next couple of days. I may not get to post again until Friday, so I am going to post my initial combat post now. Just move this post to after the loot is divided.

Calathes whispers to the group. "Everyone find a position where you can see the two creatures at the door. When you see one of them sprout my arrow, you charge. Try and finish them quickly and quietly. We may want to forgo the screaming of names. It is best if we try not to alert more creatures inside."

Calathes will stealth to a place about 50 yards away from the creatures. He waits until the rest of the group is in position, and then he fires a single arrow in the surprise round.

Dice Attack Roll w/ Cold Iron Arrow and Favored Enemy Bonus:
1d20+8+2 (12)+8+2 Total = 22


Dice Damage Roll w/ Favored Enemy Bonus and Trait Bonus (Treerazer's Bane):
1d8+3+2+2 (1)+3+2+2 Total = 8


Damn, that arrow barely seemed to hurt it! I may need to try one of the new magic arrows we just found.



Dice Initiative Roll:
1d20+7 (1)+7 Total = 8



 


__________________
M A T H I A S..............
...........C R I M S O N T H O R N

UNINJURED | AC 17 (21 fighting defensively) | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +4 | Will +0 | Init +2 | Perception +6 | Sense Motive +0 |

Last edited by Tread253; Feb 12th, 2014 at 04:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old Feb 12th, 2014, 06:42 PM
sppd297's Avatar
sppd297 sppd297 is offline
Juvenile Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 5th, 2014
RPXP: 0
sppd297
Posts: 38
On Vallak's initiative he will.....wait for it. Run into combat without regard to his safety.

Dice Init:
1d20+1 (6)+1 Total = 7


"Vallak Silverkin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old Feb 12th, 2014, 09:52 PM
GMBres GMBres is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 11th, 2014
RPXP: 50
GMBres
Posts: 144
A large area of buckled ground and rubble stretches before the Gray Garrison, an aptly named structure that squats across from the open ground that once stood before the Cathedral of Saint Clydwell. That cathedral is no more - nothing remains but a towering mound of rubble and a deep, jagged rift in the earth.

Everywhere surrounding the Gray Garrison is considered difficult terrain. No full runs, charges or anything like that can occur outside the building.

There are two hideously obese humans standing outside the double-stone door entrance to the Gray Garrison. Their bodies are so unnaturally fat that it appears their skin is stretching and tearing at points. They have a disturbingly evil grin on their faces that won't go away, while they each tightly grip a sharp, jagged scythe. AC 15, FF15, Tch9 / CE Medium Outsider (chaotic, demon, evil, extraplanar)

 


The game maps are posted. Tell me where you are attacking from. You can get to the razed buildings without making a stealth check all of you. Once you step out of the ruined buildings, I will roll your stealth if you want to try and approach. Each square is 5 feet and don't forget the difficult terrain. I now have all of your level 4 character sheets so we can begin the siege!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 02:18 AM
outsider67's Avatar
outsider67 outsider67 is offline
Juvenile Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 29th, 2014
RPXP: 0
outsider67
Posts: 50
I am moving this into my combat action
Warning: rolls have been deleted from this post.
__________________
Qadal Grizdal...Q to some, Griz to others, friend to all
Uninjured/Slightly Drunk AC 16 Touch 12 FF 14
Ref 2 Fort 3 (11 vs Ale) Will 5
Stealth 4 Perception 3 Diplomacy 6 Religion 5

Last edited by outsider67; Feb 14th, 2014 at 11:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 09:41 PM
Vecc's Avatar
Vecc Vecc is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 31st, 2014
RPXP: 0
Vecc
Posts: 97

I could use the cold iron bolts. For the time being, I will hold onto the wand of daylight. I'm not sure that it will ever get used, but it might be handy to have if we encounter supernatural darkness.

I'll wait until combat officially begins before I act further.

 
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 07:12 AM
w431's Avatar
w431 w431 is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 4th, 2014
RPXP: 0
w431
Posts: 85
Let me know if Vallak runs all the way into combat with a full move action or moves halfway in rough terrain. Also Vallak please note where you stop. If it is in front of one of the foes. It will effect what Abaddon does.

On my initiative Abaddon starts from his place of cover.

I will post more when I know what Vallak did.
Abaddon moves from the right building after Ithuriel and Vallak left cover. He moves 15 feet with his large axe hanging in his left hand. As he moves he draws a throwing axe from his belt and at 15 feet he hurls it at the creature to his right.

Dice * attack:
1d20+6 (3)+6 Total = 9


Abaddon readies another throwing axe for the next round. Caidan guide my hand.
Warning: rolls have been deleted from this post.

Last edited by w431; Feb 14th, 2014 at 04:52 PM. Reason: attack, +6 not +8, typo
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 02:31 PM
GMBres GMBres is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 11th, 2014
RPXP: 50
GMBres
Posts: 144
Using the game map, I will establish what I think everyone was trying to do. Calathes probably moved up to 40 yards away, hiding within some building ruins, taking shots from 110ft away with no range penalties. Vallak and the others probably moved within the rubble to get as close as possible before leaping out. During the surprise round, Vallak revealed himself and began navigating through the terrain to close the distance with the guards while Calathes fired his first shot.

Vallak moves 15 feet towards the gaurds from the bottom left collapsed building. Calathes can either be due west of the guards or due south of the guards 110 feet, where he took his first shot. Elric and Al are up first at 16 initiative. Feel free to edit your previous post and you may now post your combat actions below.

Keep in mind that no one can run in difficult terrain and movement is restricted to half for medium sized.

Last edited by GMBres; Feb 14th, 2014 at 02:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 04:14 PM
Vecc's Avatar
Vecc Vecc is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 31st, 2014
RPXP: 0
Vecc
Posts: 97

Sorry for posting out of turn. I don't think I'll be around later tonight to post.

Ithuriel will attempt to move to keep up with Vallak, and will take aim and fire a cold iron bolt at the same demon hit by Calathes.

MOVE ACTION to move 15', keeping up with Vallak.
ATTACK ACTION to attack the demon that Calathes hit.


Dice Cold Iron Bolt:
d20+1 (14)+1 Total = 15

Dice Damage (Cold Iron):
d8 3


 

Last edited by Vecc; Feb 14th, 2014 at 04:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 11:35 PM
outsider67's Avatar
outsider67 outsider67 is offline
Juvenile Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 29th, 2014
RPXP: 0
outsider67
Posts: 50
...and there went the stealth approach. At least we lasted a bit longer this time.

Elric and Al will make their way from the eastern building to the southeast corner of the gray garrison. They will each attempt their best to remain hidden.

Using message to all within range Elric whispers: The bloated men appear to be Lord Hulrun and Kando Nyserian obviously in a much different physique than how we knew them last

 


 
__________________
Qadal Grizdal...Q to some, Griz to others, friend to all
Uninjured/Slightly Drunk AC 16 Touch 12 FF 14
Ref 2 Fort 3 (11 vs Ale) Will 5
Stealth 4 Perception 3 Diplomacy 6 Religion 5
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old Feb 15th, 2014, 04:42 AM
GMBres GMBres is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 11th, 2014
RPXP: 50
GMBres
Posts: 144
The engorged Lord Hulrun takes an arrow from Calathes directly in his gut. The arrow tip barely sinking into his fat. The cold-iron bolt from Ithuriel hits in his upper arm. The twisted snarling grin on both the corpulent enemies remains the same, and they turn towards the group and start stomping in their direction. Lord Hulrun moves towards Vallak while Kandro Nyserian moves towards the overly-armored Alphonse.

Kandro swings his wicked-looking scythe at Alphonse and swipes across his chest.
Dice Scythe damage:
2d4+6 (2, 2)+6 Total = 10


Hulrun steps up to the loud and boisterous Vallak, who just announced himself to all of Old Kenabres, and swings his scythe at Vallak's face. A lock of golden blonde hair falls slowly as Vallak realizes his bangs were just severed and that cleave nearly removed his whole face!

Last edited by GMBres; Feb 15th, 2014 at 04:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old Feb 15th, 2014, 06:11 AM
Tread253's Avatar
Tread253 Tread253 is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 17th, 2014
RPXP: 0
Tread253
Posts: 97



Vallak dishonors my mother's memory by screaming aloud and endangering our allies and himself. I must remember to speak with him.

Calathes drops to one knee and draws two of the magic arrows recovered just a short while ago. Ketephys, let my aim be true!

Dice Attack Roll on Kandro (Evil Outsider Bane Arrow + Favored Enemy Bonus):
1d20+7+2+2 (8)+7+2+2 Total = 19


Dice Attack Roll on Hulrun (Evil Outsider Bane Arrow + Favored Enemy Bonus):
1d20+7+2+2 (14)+7+2+2 Total = 25


Dice Damage Roll to Kandro (Evil Outsider Bane Arrow + Favored Enemy Bonus + Treerazer's Bane:
1d8+4+2+2 (6)+4+2+2 Total = 14
2d6+2 (2, 3)+2 Total = 7


Dice Damage Roll to Hulrun (Evil Outsider Bane Arrow + Favored Enemy Bonus + Treerazer's Bane:
1d8+4+2+2 (4)+4+2+2 Total = 12
2d6+2 (2, 1)+2 Total = 5









 


__________________
M A T H I A S..............
...........C R I M S O N T H O R N

UNINJURED | AC 17 (21 fighting defensively) | T 13 | FF 15 | CMD 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +4 | Will +0 | Init +2 | Perception +6 | Sense Motive +0 |

Last edited by Tread253; Feb 15th, 2014 at 06:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old Feb 16th, 2014, 04:07 PM
sppd297's Avatar
sppd297 sppd297 is offline
Juvenile Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 5th, 2014
RPXP: 0
sppd297
Posts: 38
Vallak looks at the piece of hair as it slowly floats towards the floor.

"That will cost you."

Vallak swings Radiance in a fit of fury. "Fear not, I will release you from your curse."

Dice Attack Roll:
1d20+7 (9)+7 Total = 16


Dice Damage:
1d8+8 (4)+8 Total = 12

Last edited by sppd297; Feb 16th, 2014 at 04:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old Feb 16th, 2014, 08:03 PM
w431's Avatar
w431 w431 is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 4th, 2014
RPXP: 0
w431
Posts: 85
Abaddon seeing the two foes move into melee with Al and Vallak, moves his hand away from his next throwing axe and moves into melee with Kandro. If I can move into a flanking position I will. If not I will move next round. If I can add two to my attack.

Abaddon gets a grin on his face from ear to ear as he raises his axe in the air and makes his way thru the rubble to Kandro swinging at his bloated torso.

For the good gods.

Dice attack:
1d20+7 (12)+7 Total = 19

Dice damage:
1d12+12 (7)+12 Total = 19


Go back to the planes of hell you **** eating, son of a goat.

Last edited by w431; Feb 16th, 2014 at 08:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old Feb 18th, 2014, 12:03 AM
outsider67's Avatar
outsider67 outsider67 is offline
Juvenile Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 29th, 2014
RPXP: 0
outsider67
Posts: 50
Al, Finish him!

Alphonse reaches both arms back as far as he can and then slams them forward onto Kandro's head.

 

 


Elric slaps his hands on Al's back and chants softly and magical energy surrounds Al and pieces of Al sliced away by Kandro begin to reform.

 


OOC Wasn't sure if I had flanking or not so didn't add it
__________________
Qadal Grizdal...Q to some, Griz to others, friend to all
Uninjured/Slightly Drunk AC 16 Touch 12 FF 14
Ref 2 Fort 3 (11 vs Ale) Will 5
Stealth 4 Perception 3 Diplomacy 6 Religion 5

Last edited by outsider67; Feb 18th, 2014 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Add healing damage
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old Feb 18th, 2014, 02:07 AM
GMBres GMBres is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 11th, 2014
RPXP: 50
GMBres
Posts: 144
When Al's hands come together, they squish Kando's head with a loud splurt. Blood showers upward and rains down on the party. However, out of the stump where Kandro's head used to be arises a large fleshy-red tentacle that opens up into the shape of a four-petaled flower. In the center is a ring of curved teeth and a gaping maw. At this point, you realize that Kandro is nothing more than a skin coating for some hellish being hiding inside him!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:57 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2024, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB