Game Thread The Haunting - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #76  
Old Sep 26th, 2015, 07:35 AM
sertaki's Avatar
sertaki sertaki is offline
Social Justice Commoner
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 5th, 2016
RPXP: 253
sertaki sertaki sertaki
Posts: 449
When James walks towards the last door, he swiftly realizes that the backdoor to the house stands open, letting in the cold night air - it has gotten dark outside. The door was closed when the group checked the perimeter, and there was definitly nobody coming down the stairs while they were investigating - somebody outside must have opened it.

OOCYou are totally right - you can raise listen. I did a mistake with Dorothy/Susan a couple posts ago, forgetting that listen and spot are two different skills :/
Well nevermind.
__________________
GM:
Hangman's Noose (Pathfinder)
The Haunting (Call of Cthulhu)

Last edited by sertaki; Sep 27th, 2015 at 06:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old Sep 27th, 2015, 03:58 PM
ladyindigo's Avatar
ladyindigo ladyindigo is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 14th, 2016
RPXP: 134
ladyindigo ladyindigo
Posts: 62
Dorothy lets Carlo help her to her feet, feeling the heat rising in her cheeks at her mistake. "Thank you," she tells him, keeping her voice low. "I'm - I'm not sure what it was. Something out of the corner of my eye, probably just a mouse or a bug. I'm sorry, gentlemen - if there is someone up there, they likely know we're here now. "

Seeing James head for the final door, Dorothy decides that any more investigating shouldn't be done unarmed. She quickly slips into the room with the tool chest again, searching for a hammer or wrench that can be comfortably kept on her person should she need it.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old Sep 27th, 2015, 06:56 PM
sertaki's Avatar
sertaki sertaki is offline
Social Justice Commoner
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 5th, 2016
RPXP: 253
sertaki sertaki sertaki
Posts: 449
OOCDorothy/Susan finds a simple hammer. This weapon has a base skill of 25% and deals 1d6 damage + damage bonus on a successful hit.
__________________
GM:
Hangman's Noose (Pathfinder)
The Haunting (Call of Cthulhu)
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old Sep 28th, 2015, 05:05 AM
Blackfyre's Avatar
Blackfyre Blackfyre is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 18th, 2024
RPXP: 18571
Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre
Posts: 4,446
"This.. is odd." Wary now, James approaches the open back door, ignoring the remaining closed room to his right for now. Surely the door had been just as locked as the front door. Right? He didn't even think about it, but remained close to the wall and even turned off his flash light. Training just told him not to present a large target in a back lit door. Of course, such thoughts were stupid and logically had no real business here. On the other hand, they clearly were not alone. Carefully he
Dice Spot Hidden:
1d100sml65 10 ✔ (1/1)
peered out of the door and into the garden beyond to check if he could spot whoever had opened the door.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old Sep 28th, 2015, 08:17 AM
sertaki's Avatar
sertaki sertaki is offline
Social Justice Commoner
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 5th, 2016
RPXP: 253
sertaki sertaki sertaki
Posts: 449
James doesn't spot anything in the blackness beyond the door, only the same barren garden they have checked earlier. No person in sight, but they might have hidden in the forest that begins menacingly not far away.
At his feet, he spots a key. It fits nicely into the backdoor and apparently hung next to it on the inside.
__________________
GM:
Hangman's Noose (Pathfinder)
The Haunting (Call of Cthulhu)
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old Sep 28th, 2015, 08:52 AM
Elrood's Avatar
Elrood Elrood is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 5th, 2023
RPXP: 594
Elrood Elrood Elrood Elrood Elrood Elrood
Posts: 1,211
Dougal was still glancing around the apparently nondescript room, spending way too much time on mashing numbers in his head on repair costs and possible mold contamination, when the sudden noise from the other room startled him.

He walks out to rendezvous with the others and find the cause of the commotion. After quickly realizing that everyone is unharmed, he joins James by the back door, quizzical about it's open state. He
Dice Spot Hidden:
1d100sml25 79 ✘ (0/1)
stares out the back door looking for any signs and
Dice Listens:
1d100sml25 15 ✔ (1/1)
listen.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old Sep 28th, 2015, 09:04 AM
OneDarkness's Avatar
OneDarkness OneDarkness is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 22nd, 2024
RPXP: 16520
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Posts: 10,031
Carlo paused by the storage room door as Susan collected what looked to be a hammer from a disorganized box of tools, completely unaware that his companions around the corner were staring out an open backdoor, and if the others had neglected to collect the keys from the open cabinet he did for the time being trusting they might open something here despite their age. "Susan, if you don't if I skip some formalities, the hammer could be useful if something needs to be pried open but if you are thinking of it as a weapon best let the military man with the gun lead the way for if you are close enough to swing your hammer than your foe is close enough to get you in return."

He said the last with with a bit of smile and a raised right eye brow, that oddly doesn't come across as condescending but instead amused, still he waits and once she has her weapon of choice he heads towards around the corner to the left and sees the open back door with the two men staring out into the darkness beyond. "Letting in some fresh air gentlemen?"
__________________
Posting Status: June 7th: Things are looking up and I am ready to play.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old Sep 28th, 2015, 10:24 PM
ladyindigo's Avatar
ladyindigo ladyindigo is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 14th, 2016
RPXP: 134
ladyindigo ladyindigo
Posts: 62
Dorothy smiles in amusement at Carlo's concern. "Well, naturally I'll let you lead the way, you've got much better aim than me. But if they do get that close I'd rather not be unprepared. That's how you keep a weapon, isn't it? With the hope you don't have to use it?"

Following him to meet up with the rest of the group, she frowns as she sees the door open, feels the night air coming in. "I suppose that's one way to let out the smell, but it is getting chilly out there."
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old Sep 29th, 2015, 11:59 AM
OneDarkness's Avatar
OneDarkness OneDarkness is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 22nd, 2024
RPXP: 16520
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Posts: 10,031
"i'm afraid Miss Susan I wouldn't be much better of than you, but I am sure our military man will have things well in hand should one of the homeless be awaiting for us." Carlo replied with no misgivings about his own lack of physical prowess, in this day and age it was rare that true violence was necessary when guns had become the equalizers against physical force. "Shall we check this door here while they are getting a breath of fresh air?"
__________________
Posting Status: June 7th: Things are looking up and I am ready to play.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old Sep 29th, 2015, 01:33 PM
Blackfyre's Avatar
Blackfyre Blackfyre is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 18th, 2024
RPXP: 18571
Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre
Posts: 4,446
Frowning at the darkness James picked up the key and closed the door once more, though, after a moment of consideration, he did not lock it. Turning around he answered Carlo's earlier question, his voice grave: "We did not open the door.

I could not see anything outside, I do believe, however, that we would have noticed anyone going up the stairs or coming down. That means whoever opened the door is either outside or in that room."


The pilot throws a frowning look at Carlo when it sounds as if he has no fighting experience: "You came to the United States after the war, Carlo?"
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old Sep 29th, 2015, 01:44 PM
OneDarkness's Avatar
OneDarkness OneDarkness is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 22nd, 2024
RPXP: 16520
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Posts: 10,031
"My father brought me here almost a year and half before things started to get out of hand in the old world, ever a shrewd man i wouldn't be surprised if he had a sense of things to come and decided spending more time on his holdings in the americas wouldn't be prudent." Looking down the hallway towards the door Carlo shrugs. "Perhaps they came down when you were busy exploring those storage rooms, when I came in the hallway was clear and even I was distracted when the keys were found, that being said there could indeed be somebody waiting within but I would imagine if so they are more scared of us than we are of them."
__________________
Posting Status: June 7th: Things are looking up and I am ready to play.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old Sep 29th, 2015, 05:42 PM
sertaki's Avatar
sertaki sertaki is offline
Social Justice Commoner
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 5th, 2016
RPXP: 253
sertaki sertaki sertaki
Posts: 449
While you are discussing whether the door was opened from the inside or the outside, suddenly music can be heard from the last remaining room on the ground floor. A swingy jazz piece permeates the air.


OOCEnjoy.
__________________
GM:
Hangman's Noose (Pathfinder)
The Haunting (Call of Cthulhu)
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old Sep 29th, 2015, 09:43 PM
OneDarkness's Avatar
OneDarkness OneDarkness is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 22nd, 2024
RPXP: 16520
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Posts: 10,031
"Looks like you may have been onto something James about someone entering the house though why they would alert us with this music is a bit odd.". Carlo cocked his head to one side a if in thought as he watched the door quietly. "Perhaps it was a ghost"
__________________
Posting Status: June 7th: Things are looking up and I am ready to play.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old Sep 29th, 2015, 10:42 PM
sertaki's Avatar
sertaki sertaki is offline
Social Justice Commoner
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 5th, 2016
RPXP: 253
sertaki sertaki sertaki
Posts: 449
EDIT: I actually posted in the wrong game lol ^^

Any strange pathfinder-related handouts never happened.
__________________
GM:
Hangman's Noose (Pathfinder)
The Haunting (Call of Cthulhu)

Last edited by sertaki; Sep 30th, 2015 at 12:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old Sep 30th, 2015, 08:59 AM
Elrood's Avatar
Elrood Elrood is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 5th, 2023
RPXP: 594
Elrood Elrood Elrood Elrood Elrood Elrood
Posts: 1,211
Once again startled, this time by the newly playing music, Dougal says, "And here I thought this was going to be just another old dirty house," smiling to himself.

The open door quickly abandoned in his mind, he walks over towards the last unopened door, pausing before attempting to open it for others to accompany him. If there is a stranger inside, I certainly don't want to face him alone.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:11 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2024, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB