twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Oct 20th, 2019, 01:37 AM
The Butcher of Blaviken
Newsletter Staff

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7211
undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib
OOC Thread -Misty Fortunes

Hello and welcome to the game, everyone! I am really looking forward to this!

This is the OOC thread, for all your OOC needs. Please make yourself comfortable and take a look around the forum. Post your character in the relevant thread within the 'Information' folder along with your character sheet whenever it is ready. Also, take a look at the mechanics thread.

The first order of business is introductions. Please tell us about yourself, however much you are comfortable with.

My name is Rajib. I am from Mumbai, India. I have been playing RPG's (actually, just D&D 5e) for just over two years. For a year, rpgcrossing was my only avenue for gaming. Then I discovered that there is actually a thriving little D&D community in my city. I am 34, married, and work in the auto industry as a designer.

Let's then look at if there are any prior relationships between your characters. You are all level 2, so have a little bit of adventuring under your belts. Maybe some of you traveled together? I will let you all figure that out.

Last edited by undeadrajib; Oct 22nd, 2019 at 09:47 AM.
Old Oct 29th, 2019, 09:02 AM
Vökva Reykur

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6612
DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs
Hello, gang! It's a privilege to be part of this epic endeavor!

I'm Dan; it's not my real name. I'm from a small country in the Southern Hemisphere and English isn't my first language, but it's one I've come to love and appreciate deeply. I've been playing D&D for about just as long as @Rajib there, with some other systems here and there; by far 5E is the most active I've been in especially here in the Crossing. I have a group RL where we play 5E and Pathfinder too, mixed with some homebrew love as well. Also married, with a wee little babby boy.

I must say, there's a lot of intimacy in people's Roleplay Samples, isn't there? Is that something to expect going forward?
Old Oct 29th, 2019, 09:27 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6297
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
Hello everyone! Can’t wait to go through this campaign with you all.

My name is Logan. I’m from the southeastern region of the U.S.A. Been playing RPG’s since I was a kid gaming with my dad and his friends at our house 13 years ago. I have experience with several systems but mostly D&D (since 3.5e) and Legend of the Five Rings. Over the years, my rpg experience went from RL with friends at a table, to over Skype, to chat based, and finally to pbp due to friends moving out of state/country and then finally due to responsibilities with a 1.5 year old son. As a parent and husband, I am trying to limit my gaming to where I can do most of it on my phone when I’m on break/slow time at work and after my wife and son have gone to bed.

As far as intimacy goes in game, the good doctor is more interested in the theory and function of the human anatomy than ‘hands on’ exploration lol.

I’m open to prior interactions between Dr. Brighton and other characters. Main points of interaction include: theory and experience with the undead, medicine, scholarly pursuits, and swordplay. If any of the characters have sought out medical care in the city, it was probably Dr. Brighton that treated them with a potion to cure their ailments.
Old Oct 29th, 2019, 10:44 AM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31234
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Hello everyone!

I'm Michelle, and I'm from the United States (originally Colorado). My first roleplaying experience was in the virtual world "Second Life", where I learned the basics of RP, D&D, Tolkein, classes, etc. When that faded, I wound up here, and realized there was a whole lot I still didn't know!

I dunno about any intimacy. My character was just sparring in her introduction.

Lord and I are currently working on a minor bit of mutual history between us, not long before the events of the game. Well...I'm working on it. He already sent me his bit...so it's kinda my fault it's not finished yet.

Last edited by The Rat Queen; Oct 29th, 2019 at 10:47 AM.
Old Oct 29th, 2019, 01:57 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 174
Lord Lord
Hail fair travelers!

I'm from the US and currently a US Sailor stationed in my home state of California. I have more experience with RP than D&D, but both are great lol

My wife and I have a 2 yr old and a brank spanking new baby boy.

And as far as intimacy goes, Bran is not above it but he will not initiate anything lol

Last edited by Lord; Oct 29th, 2019 at 01:58 PM.
Old Oct 29th, 2019, 02:36 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5017
HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand
Hi everyone. You can call me Hugh (also not my real name). I'm from California as well. Been playing rpgs with friends since college, though traveled for a long time afterwards and that's when I got into PbP. Now that I'm back in CA have started up two games with some old friends, which often take place over roll20 because of time constraints. I've also in the last year branched out from Pathfinder and D&D and started other games like Lasers and Feelings. I actually just opened up a short one-shot, so if anyone here is interested in trying out that game, feel free to take a look at the advert.

As for the intimacy and character interactions, I'd love to tie some backstory's together, but Horryn is basically out for vengeance and dwelling in his trauma. Should make for some grim, gritty conversation and possibly dark humor.

Last edited by HughtheHand; Oct 29th, 2019 at 02:36 PM.
Old Oct 29th, 2019, 02:47 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand
Also, the slanted image with all the portraits for the character selection, that looked so cool, I want to know how to make that.
Old Oct 29th, 2019, 03:20 PM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31234
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
That was actually pretty impressive!
Old Oct 29th, 2019, 09:20 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3687
silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers
Greetings Everyone, I very excited for this game and group. You can call me Silver, not my real name of course. I live in the Pacific Northwest of the United States. I've been playing DnD about two years (both in RL and here on the crossing), mostly 5e and 3.5e, but I have started to learn Pathfinder as well. I've been RPing by post on various forums for over 15 years and find the collaborative storytelling engaging and rewarding.

I work as a Veterinary Surgical Nurse so most of my posting is limited to evenings and weekends. I do not have enough time to sit and write a post at work as I am busy working with animals. But I do at least read through my games on lunch break to see what everyone has posted.

As for this game I was a bit surprised by my selection as I had not expected Beth's application to stand out against SO many excellent candidates. I need to read back through everyone's characters and get familiar with them, then I might be able to throw out some ideas for connections. I could see Beth being the "cheaper" alternative to Dr. Brighton. Or she could even be supplying Dr. Brighton with some specific plants for his potions. Beth has most certainly lost her confidence in letting people into her "inner circle" so she will start out congenial with almost everyone and will warm up with some time.
Tower graduate #820
Old Oct 30th, 2019, 01:34 PM
The Butcher of Blaviken
Newsletter Staff

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7211
undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib
Reg: the banner image, I just took the character portraits and arranged them in Photoshop. Well, some of the pics I had to reverse image search to find higher res or uncropped versions.

Let's get started on the sheets. Some of you already have. Only Dr. Philippe's seem done at the moment. @Hiruma, it appears you have taken some equipment which are, well, non-standard. Well, 10 flasks of oil and 100ft or rope is not what I would call game-breaking, so it's alright! Your AC would be 15 however. You have not added your DEX.

From the back stories, it looks like only Dr Philippe has been living in Phlan for a length of time. To me, the others seem to be travelling through. Marybeth is there to restock on her medicinal supplies. Horryn is on the trail of the monster who took everything from him. Shamira, it seems to me, has just arrived from Hillsfar. Abel is here chasing a lead about a healer, who he might very well find in the Inn Bran I am not actually sure how long has been in Phlan. Let me know if I am wrong.

Again, it is not necessary to have prior relations. It just sometimes helps cut down awkward introductions. But doesn't have to be forced. You will all be forced to band together and go on a quest soon enough, by the power of tropes

Last edited by undeadrajib; Oct 30th, 2019 at 01:34 PM.
Old Oct 30th, 2019, 02:29 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
I'm curious whether any of the other PCs might know something about this monster I'm hunting. I didn't base it off of anything in the Monster Manual, so it could be almost anything. That might be a good tie in.

Or if any of us have traveled together for convenience? Like we were both on the road to Phlan for our own reasons but started watching each other's back?
Old Oct 30th, 2019, 02:42 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Also, my character sheet is up on my profile. The only thing I modified is that I swapped a light bow for a light crossbow. Hope that's okay. Also, technically, Horryn has 0 gold since the Haunted One background doesn't specify starting gold. Should I adjust that a bit? And are we tracking weight for encumbrance?

Last edited by HughtheHand; Oct 30th, 2019 at 02:46 PM.
Old Oct 30th, 2019, 06:14 PM
Vökva Reykur

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6612
DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs
I think Abel and Horryn could have met on the way to Phlan and discussed some of the common traits of their adversaries? On maybe an academic capacity? Maybe they met at a library somewhere?
Old Oct 30th, 2019, 07:12 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6297
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
@undeadrajib Fixed the missing dex issue, the extra items were what I spent my starting gold from my background on. I can take them off the sheet and put the gold back on it if you want.

@Silverfeathers Beth and Philippe could certainly be medical or scholastic colleagues that occasionally do business with each other like the providing herbs you mentioned.

@Hughthehand Philippe would be interested in learning more about what monster you seek even if he doesn’t have any information to provide your character.
Old Oct 30th, 2019, 07:16 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
I definitely see Abel and Horryn as being aligned in their missions, and perhaps maybe the Goddess of Decay has something to do with the monster that attacked Horryn's village? They wouldn't know that, but if Abel knew of someone that had knowledge of these sorts of things, he definitely wouldn't hesitate to demand that Abel introduce him =). Also, the both of them being dabblers in magic could be a source of bonding.

@Hiruma: Horryn could describe in great detail what happened, but Horryn never actually saw what it was. If anyone has any suggestions on what monster would be appropriate, that could cause candles to snuff out (Thaumaturgy or Prestidigitation would do that) and eats living beings, I'm very open for suggestions!

I've been taking a look at some Dungeon World bonds, and might try to solidify some relationships using these.

Last edited by HughtheHand; Oct 30th, 2019 at 07:18 PM.