RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Oct 30th, 2019, 07:47 PM
Vökva Reykur

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6612
DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs
@Hugh, awesome! At the very least, I imagine Abel met Horryn somewhere before Phlan, immediately recognized the look of hauntedness in his face as one akin to his, then swapped stories over drinks (if Horryn drinks). Perhaps the owl provided comic relief; Abel would then share the info about Magda the healer.

@RatQueen, I didn't get to play with you during Outplay, but liked Kethra a lot so I'm excited we're in this campaign together! As for Shamira, she might've heard about the watchman of Harrowdale and recognize Abel; Abel himself probably wouldn't know you unless Shamira introduced herself. What do you think?
Old Oct 31st, 2019, 02:32 PM
The Butcher of Blaviken
Newsletter Staff

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7211
undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib
@Hiruma, no it's absolutely fine. You can keep the starting gold as well. In fact, if anyone feels they need to have a couple of adventuring supplies at hand (within reason ), they can add it to their sheet.

@Hugh, longbow to crossbow switch is fine. Let's add 5 gp, which is the minimum out of the PHB backgrounds (for the hermit), to the sheet. He will have some spending money on him, wouldn't he? I will not be tracking weights for encumbrance, unless it becomes relevant to plot or a quest. Sheet is good, except Horryn would have a base AC of 14, due to the DEX mod. You'll also have to not be wearing the leather armor to use mage armor on yourself.

@silver, a warlock without eldritch blast! Well, that's a first Sheet is A-OK. We will just assume she will have mage armor on at all times.

@Danshii, you have to choose your equipment and fighter skill proficiencies. Sheet looks good otherwise.

Lord and TRQ, let's get the sheets up. I am right now working on the opening post.

Last edited by undeadrajib; Oct 31st, 2019 at 02:35 PM.
Old Oct 31st, 2019, 02:44 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3687
silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers
I do like eldritch blast but it is over used and it doesnt deal more damage at higher levels unless you direct all the beams at a single target. Witch Bolt is my favored replacement for EB and I find it provides more RP flavor. This warlock has some tricks up her sleeve as she levels up. *evil grin*
Old Oct 31st, 2019, 03:26 PM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31234
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
@undeadrajib - Got it! The link is in my entry under "Characters", and will be in my posts as well. You can see the character sheet here.

@DanshiiWithWulfs - I was so sad that Kethra was such a short-lived character...she was awesome! Sure, it makes sense that Shamira would have contacts in the Watch, either through her training or through Doron.

Last edited by The Rat Queen; Oct 31st, 2019 at 04:46 PM.
Old Oct 31st, 2019, 04:29 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5017
HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand
@undeadrajib - Thanks for spotting that. Fixed the AC, replaced Mage Armor with Absorb Elements, and added the 5gp. Think I'm good to go!

@DanshiiWithWulfs - Horryn drinks, but takes it very seriously, as in when he drinks he is either trying to remain in control, or deliberately trying to not think about things. So he's not a happy drunk. The other backstory stuff sounds perfect, how about we also say we camped together on the road and had to fight off an animal or two, so we each know how the other is in a fight.
Old Oct 31st, 2019, 07:47 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 174
Lord Lord
Good connections, guys. Once Shamira and Anders get their common part together I'd like to tie Anders y'all as well. Not sure how though, tbh.
Old Oct 31st, 2019, 09:04 PM
Vökva Reykur

Tools
User Statistics
DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs
Awesome @Hugh, @TRQ!

Last edited by DanshiiWithWulfs; Nov 4th, 2019 at 08:05 AM.
Old Nov 3rd, 2019, 05:38 AM
The Butcher of Blaviken
Newsletter Staff

Tools
User Statistics
undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib
Alright people, first IC post is up!

Regarding sheets, @TRQ, you need to choose your skill proficiencies. You also get 4 known spells at level 2. So you can choose 2 more.

The other sheets are all perfect.
@Lord, after you have made the changes, leave a link to your sheet on the characters page. Or better yet, in the statblock, for quick reference.

Last edited by undeadrajib; Nov 3rd, 2019 at 06:07 AM.
Old Nov 3rd, 2019, 03:46 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand
Gah, I am going to try to keep up with the posts, but just a heads up I’m traveling for work this week (rare thing) and my post rate may be a bit sporadic
Old Nov 3rd, 2019, 05:42 PM
Vökva Reykur

Tools
User Statistics
Hi everyone!

As my status indicates, my week's quite hectic so I won't be very quick to respond, but will try to keep updated when possible.

Last edited by DanshiiWithWulfs; Nov 3rd, 2019 at 05:44 PM.
Old Nov 6th, 2019, 01:01 PM
The Butcher of Blaviken
Newsletter Staff

Tools
User Statistics
Hey people! Let me know if you need any additional background information etc for you to craft the first post.
Old Nov 6th, 2019, 01:29 PM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31234
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadrajib View Post
@TRQ, you need to choose your skill proficiencies. You also get 4 known spells at level 2. So you can choose 2 more.
I added the proficiencies, and will add Command and Cure Wounds to my prepared spells.

Last edited by The Rat Queen; Nov 6th, 2019 at 01:48 PM.
Old Nov 6th, 2019, 04:33 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
@DanshiiWithWulfs That intro was great, no need for any revisions!
Old Nov 16th, 2019, 12:03 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quick question, can we assume that for anyone not specifically whispering, what they are saying is audible to the whole room?
Old Nov 17th, 2019, 11:57 PM
The Butcher of Blaviken
Newsletter Staff

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by HughtheHand View Post
Quick question, can we assume that for anyone not specifically whispering, what they are saying is audible to the whole room?
Not the whole room, I think. It is fairly large with a decent amount of bustle. But to a large chunk of the room, yes.