Other Anima Beyond Fantasy: Tales of Gaia - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Nov 17th, 2019, 12:35 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 417
Konton Konton Konton Konton Konton
So have two ideas for concepts. Basic healing wizard who studies for their magic to be even better or atelier style wizard alchemist. Would these be possible?
Old Nov 17th, 2019, 12:45 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 82
Alysm
@Sir Swindle: If you plan to fly around projecting energy from a lance, clad in heavy armor and protecting yourself with a psychic shield I might suggest a nickname like Black Alius once the goal is realized. Being mute it even ties into the aforementioned elemental's untalkative nature. Food for thought.

Also, if you're worried about being slow I do think their was an advantage that equates to no longer being vulnerable to Or the legacy of Eternal Blood that makes you almost impossible to kill.surprise. Optionally a high strength paired with the Wear Armor skill would let you reduce / eliminate the penalties for heavier gear. (The ki book mentions trading some or all of the +Strength Modifier such weapons grant to damage as a boost to speed.) It also has a section on Impossible Weapons that directly describes Lance-Rifles and Cannon-Hammers that might be worth a look, as well as massive two-handed weapons intended to be thrown like that famous scene from Ninja Scroll.

-----

As for myself I've been molding the clay of my own concept around to see how it looks from different angles and I think the mechanics are finally starting to align with a fun premise. A Sand-Sea nomad and Cultist of the Calamitous Dream: a sect which concerns itself less with worship of the great and terrible sleeper Gurmah-Gharus than extending its slumber. She, like all members of this hereditary order having tended so long to their charge's lesser brethren as to of adopted aspects of their nature and swim the sands beside them. Donning the shed scales of their deadly flock that they might better serve in their ignoble role as shepherds of the Worm Chasms.

Given how far removed Salazar finds itself from the religions and politics of the wider world I'm imagining my character governed by a very loose sort of spiritualism that concerns itself with the here and now to the Some might say contemptexclusion of the hereafter. "Live as the Desert Serpents do, and you will live rightly." That sort of thing. I'm imagining a give and take, guide and be guided kind of relationship between they and the animals in their tenuous charge. Almost a Dune-vibe, I would say, having never actually watched or read Dune.

My character, Damya, would be blessed with both exceptional gifts and a responsibility that eclipses them. Sent out from her tribe to chase rumors of a Feared to be the very same that could wake dread Gurmah-Gharus from his dreammystical horn said to of found its way in secret aboard the Lady from Gabriel. Her ticket won as a tourney prize and carrying with it the expectation she, like other fighters pooled from all over Gaia, will provide a much needed spectacle for the ships maiden voyage. A so-called Clash in the Clouds to entertain wealthier guests.

Last edited by Alysm; Nov 17th, 2019 at 12:58 PM.
Old Nov 17th, 2019, 01:17 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Alysm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konton View Post
So have two ideas for concepts. Basic healing wizard who studies for their magic to be even better or atelier style wizard alchemist. Would these be possible?
The arcane exxet delves deep into alchemy and item creation, though admittedly I've only skimmed it. I imagine it would be quite possible to be an alchemist that handcrafts an extremely versatile arsenal of equipment.
Old Nov 17th, 2019, 03:09 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 61
ProfoundBeggard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konton View Post
Both concepts could be combined into one really:

How to go about it:

Option A: Creation Path, it does have healing and the ability to create things with magic.

Option B: Essence Path is soul/nature magic but it does have healing spells as well.

Option C: Heal Wounds is also a free access spell, which means anybody can pick it up on any path of magic but it requires at least a level 50 free slot.

There is also a heal spell in the Light Path from what I recall.

Alchemy is a creative, intelligence secondary ability. It's an occult science combining chemistry, metallurgy, physics, medicine, astrology, etc... using the three stages of Nigredo (creation), Albedo (undoing) and Rubedo (Reforming). This method of creating magic items requires a lot of material components and resources but pretty much what you have in mind with the atelier way of collecting things.

In general, I would recommend a mystical archetype like Wizard for this.

Last edited by ProfoundBeggard; Nov 17th, 2019 at 03:11 PM.
Old Nov 17th, 2019, 03:13 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
ProfoundBeggard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysm View Post
@Sir Swindle: If you plan to fly around projecting energy from a lance, clad in heavy armor and protecting yourself with a psychic shield I might suggest a nickname like Black Alius once the goal is realized. Being mute it even ties into the aforementioned elemental's untalkative nature. Food for thought.

Also, if you're worried about being slow I do think their was an advantage that equates to no longer being vulnerable to Or the legacy of Eternal Blood that makes you almost impossible to kill.surprise. Optionally a high strength paired with the Wear Armor skill would let you reduce / eliminate the penalties for heavier gear. (The ki book mentions trading some or all of the +Strength Modifier such weapons grant to damage as a boost to speed.) It also has a section on Impossible Weapons that directly describes Lance-Rifles and Cannon-Hammers that might be worth a look, as well as massive two-handed weapons intended to be thrown like that famous scene from Ninja Scroll.

-----

As for myself I've been molding the clay of my own concept around to see how it looks from different angles and I think the mechanics are finally starting to align with a fun premise. A Sand-Sea nomad and Cultist of the Calamitous Dream: a sect which concerns itself less with worship of the great and terrible sleeper Gurmah-Gharus than extending its slumber. She, like all members of this hereditary order having tended so long to their charge's lesser brethren as to of adopted aspects of their nature and swim the sands beside them. Donning the shed scales of their deadly flock that they might better serve in their ignoble role as shepherds of the Worm Chasms.

Given how far removed Salazar finds itself from the religions and politics of the wider world I'm imagining my character governed by a very loose sort of spiritualism that concerns itself with the here and now to the Some might say contemptexclusion of the hereafter. "Live as the Desert Serpents do, and you will live rightly." That sort of thing. I'm imagining a give and take, guide and be guided kind of relationship between they and the animals in their tenuous charge. Almost a Dune-vibe, I would say, having never actually watched or read Dune.

My character, Damya, would be blessed with both exceptional gifts and a responsibility that eclipses them. Sent out from her tribe to chase rumors of a Feared to be the very same that could wake dread Gurmah-Gharus from his dreammystical horn said to of found its way in secret aboard the Lady from Gabriel. Her ticket won as a tourney prize and carrying with it the expectation she, like other fighters pooled from all over Gaia, will provide a much needed spectacle for the ships maiden voyage. A so-called Clash in the Clouds to entertain wealthier guests.
Sounds good looking forward to it.
Old Nov 17th, 2019, 05:41 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 417
Konton Konton Konton Konton Konton
Awesome! I'm thinking Option A, but I want to do more research to flesh out my idea. I barely found the books so I couldn't till now
Old Nov 17th, 2019, 11:13 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 290
Sir Swindle Sir Swindle Sir Swindle
I updated my thing.

My App

I dropped 2 psychic potentials which makes me sad. But I'm still sitting at an 80 before dice so my Innate slot PK abilities should work at a 140 level with my Advantages. Which is good.

Added 1 point to a bunch of secondaries so that I don't get the untrained penalty.

Changed his story so that he joined a mercenary company along with the other men in his family after their mother died. Tongue was ripped out by soldiers serving some duke after I made some crude jokes about his wife.
Old Nov 18th, 2019, 12:05 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Alysm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Swindle View Post

Added 1 point to a bunch of secondaries so that I don't get the untrained penalty.
It's easy to miss but when first learning any ability a character needs to invest at least enough points to have a minimum base of five
Old Nov 18th, 2019, 06:05 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
ProfoundBeggard
Yeah as Alysm mentioned need a Base of 5 at least. But besides that, just need to spend your money on gear.

Something, I forgot to mention, I'll talk about languages a bit later but in general:
-You start with Latin (the common language of the Old continent) if your int is 5 and below
-If you have 6 or 7 Int, you can start with two and three languages (depending on where you are from)
-If you have more than 7 int, you can start with any number of languages (Some ancient/dead languages have some secondary abilities requirements)
Old Nov 18th, 2019, 08:01 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I figured there was a minimum. But I didn't see it in the 3 places I looked.
Old Nov 18th, 2019, 08:46 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
ProfoundBeggard
Quote:
I figured there was a minimum. But I didn't see it in the 3 places I looked.
No worries, it's a lot of materials to take in.

It's easy to miss but it's in the Development points section p. 12, as the minimum someone can spend is essentially in increments of 5 with a base of 5 minimum (whatever cost to make it 5).

Last edited by ProfoundBeggard; Nov 18th, 2019 at 08:47 AM.
Old Nov 18th, 2019, 09:11 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I see the minimum base of 5 but not the spend in increments of 5.
Old Nov 18th, 2019, 09:25 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 864
davkerrith davkerrith davkerrith davkerrith davkerrith davkerrith davkerrith
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfoundBeggard View Post
Davkerrith: With your character spending most of his time in the Dominion going to use it as the basis of where you are raised.

It's from your maximum magic levels:

So with 50 magic levels, at 40% you can use 20 Magic Levels total at character creation.

40 Magic Levels in a path is a maximum that you can spend in a path (if you have enough magic levels) but let say for example, you started with 120 Magic Levels, you would be able to use 48 Magic levels.

So you could do something like: 40 in Destruction, 8 in Light

You start with: A couple of changes of clothes, food for one week, a crucifix or rosary, a backpack with miscellaneous equipment and 70 SC.
Okay, I added the equipment, took 20 levels in magic destruction, and just took the free access spells, but it looks like I have two spells left but ran out of spells under 20 levels. I also took my languages on my character post. Is there anything else i should work on?
Old Nov 18th, 2019, 09:32 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
ProfoundBeggard
Quote:
I see the minimum base of 5 but not the spend in increments of 5.
I believe it was a clarification when asked on forums, but no matter, as long as you do the base of 5, it's fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davkerrith View Post
Okay, I added the equipment, took 20 levels in magic destruction, and just took the free access spells, but it looks like I have two spells left but ran out of spells under 20 levels. I also took my languages on my character post. Is there anything else i should work on?
You can keep the slots open, if you want to decide later on, just make a note that you spell slot at x level open.

For now, you are good to go. I'll help others finish their characters and we will get the party started.
Old Nov 18th, 2019, 10:11 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Either way, Updated again. Had to be a lot more pragmatic about my skills. It was worth 2 points to say "Sure, he can Climb" but it's not worth 10 points to say the same when i am perfectly capable of flying. I took Stealth but thinking on it, what would it be to disguise using Flight when I try to Climb, Swim, or Jump? You know what I mean? If someone says "Go climb that wall!" I would walk over to it grab pretend to climb while being lifted by my Flight the whole time.

You said i get "Light Armor" Is there a list of what is "Light"? Either way I can wear up to studded leather without penalty. Let me know what I have access to.

Spent some money. Not sure what else I should buy there. 1GC is not a lot of money.