RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder > Dig's Deadly Den > The Caelus Project > ♥ Archives
twitter google facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 12:31 PM
Killing PC's Since 2005

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 27278
Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig
Current Data
left-aligned image

Chapter I: That's not good
Location: Caelus VII - Pegasus Galaxy - Orbit around Planet ?
Space Date: 00015
Time: 1730
Environment: Space

left-aligned image

John never showed up on the Bridge. Once the Commander had composed herself with Dr. Smith's help, she told her that, from the escape pod, that she saw the breach and two bodies hurled frozen into space. Dr. Smith did her best to console Charlotte and afterwards the commander got some rest; she was exhausted by her ordeal.

As they raced towards the Planet, Alpha and Miya worked on some loos ends with success. They managed to bring up the efficiency of SpaceDrive, fix the electrical and comm system a bit more and even bring Life Support to 95%. The biggest benefit was that the gravity drops seemed to have stopped.

The next day, Charlotte was up and back in command. The crew was all on the bridge as they reached the planet and Ray took them smoothly into a standard Orbit. It had two moons and a sun and looked almost Earth-like. Blue areas that were likely water interspersed with shades of greens and browns.

All that remained was to scan and find a suitable area to land and then calculate the landing trajectory. If all went well, they would be on the surface inside of 20 minutes. As to what they would find, well, that remained a mystery.

Ship Status
♦ Thrusters: Online at 100%
♦ SpaceDrive: Online at 90%
♦ HyperDrive: Online at 64% (untested)
♦ Navigation System: Online at 98%
♦ Electrical Systems: Online at 70%
♦ Communications: Online at 80%
♦ Life Support: Online at 95%
♦ Biometrics Lab sealed. Cannot be repaired in space.

OODM OK, Landing: Charlotte needs a Navigate check. Ray needs a Pilot check and Knowledge: Astronomy and Miya needs a Repair Check please. Dr, Smith may choose to Assist either RepairMiya or Knowledge (Behaviral Sciences)Charlotte (not both or Ray) and a DC15 or more will add +2. I am witholding the other DC's because, well, I am a bit evil. Good Luck. The worst that can happen is a TPK.

♦ PC/NPC Status ♦
INIT TOKEN NAME ROLE DEF HP STATUS
xx
Charlotte (Badger) Commander 13 20/20 Normal
xx
Ray (Drach) Pilot/Math 25 40/40 Normal
xx
Leona (Ghost) Doctor/Bio 17 40/40 Normal
xx
Miya (Dragon) Engineer 13 43/43 Normal
xx
The Robot (Charlotte) NPC 30 130/130 Normal
Old 06-08-2018, 01:10 PM
The Hoarder of Stories

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1418
TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen
Miya smiled over the new planet as they first come upon it. It was gorgeous, almost Earth-like. It made her slightly home sick, but gave her hope that this could be a good place to stop at least temporarily if nothing else. As the commander came in she nodded to her, "Welcome back Captain, we are looking at the third planet, which Alpha here would like to name Alpha 3, but I suggest something along the line of Z-dox to remember our missing comrades. Of course, you can offer a name as well, or just keep calling it planet 3 for now."

She walked back to her chair and clicked across the keyboard, "Ready to assist with landing when you're ready to give the command. Honestly, I'm glad you're back, being in charge is exhausting...machines don't talk back."

Running her diagnostics she ran a 25 (13 on die + 12) on Repair (+2 if assisted by the doctor)repair check to make sure everything was okay, and ready for them to proceed.

Miya Rodgers
left-aligned image

Female and Engineer
AC: 19 ♦ HP: 43/43 ♦ Initiative: +3 ♦ Status: Fine
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Melee: 1d20+3
Ranged: USG Killtzaer 1d20+7 ♦ Range: 40 ♦ AMMO: 20/20 (2 batteries) ♦ DMG: 2D6/Stun: 1d3 rounds
Colt M1911 (.45 autoloader) ♦ Range: 30 ♦ AMMO: 7/7 (40 total) ♦ DMG: 2d6
Expendables:
Old 06-08-2018, 04:48 PM
Badger Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2060
NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger
Charlotte "Charlie" Sinclair"Miya." Charlotte returns the nod, then shoots Ray a faint smile. "Would you be terribly disappointed if not all of the planets were named after you?" She returns her attention to Miya. "I like the idea. Let's name our first planet after out friends."

"It's all we can give them, now."

Charlie whitens slightly, thinking about the late John Maddox and Dr. Zhia. Their deaths were a nightmare to her. She had begun to see the outside of the ship not as empty space, a mere phenomena or environment, but as a lurking creature, waiting to snap up more victims.

She would not be one of them.

Charlotte takes her seat at one of the consoles and focuses on the landing to dispel dark thoughts from her mind. "At least we will be landing soon." Sweet atmosphere.

"I am forgetting something."

Miya. She had been speaking to her. Charlotte turns back towards the engineer. "I apologize for forcing you to shoulder my duties. It will not happen again. Although... under my watch we were sucked into a wormhole. While you were in charge, things only got fixed." Charlie chuckles. "Maybe you should take my place, as I seem to be cursed."

Charlie pretends that it is merely a joke. To her, it isn't.

She begins tapping on the console, preparing for their
Dice Navigation:
1d20+12 (4)+12 Total = 16
eminent landing. "Ladies and gentlemen... I believe it is high time we set our boots to soil. Let us begin."

Charlotte "Charlie" Sinclair
left-aligned image

Female Leader
AC: 13 ♦ HP: 13/20 ♦ Initiative: +3 ♦ Status: Fine
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Melee: Pistol Whip +5 (1d4+1)
Ranged: Killtazer +7 (2d6) ♦ Range: 40'/400' ♦ AMMO: 20/20
Expendables: X/X/X
Old 06-10-2018, 02:53 PM
Killing PC's Since 2005

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 27278
Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig
Current Data
left-aligned image

Chapter I: That's not good
Space Date: 00015
Time: 1800
Environment: Warm (800F), Clear sky of light purple, grassland.

left-aligned image
With some turbulence and jolts, Ray managed to land the Caelus in a filed successfully and without any additional damage. As the ship touched Terra firma and the Miya shut down the engines, there as a quiet peace. They at least were in a position to do the rest of the repairs easily.

Scanning the environment outside, the computer confirmed that the air was thin but breathable. It would be a lot like being on a high elevation on Earth. The temperature was warm but tolerable. Looking outside they could see a green field that looked like grass all around them. In the distance in one direction was what looked like a large forest. In another direction, mountains. The light purple sky was clear with one of the moons visible low on the horizon.

Opposite that, and orange-red sun shown brightly a short distance from the skyline. If on Earth it would look like evening, perhaps nearing sunset or sunrise. Watching tor a while it did seem to be going down.

No movement or creature could be seen anywhere. Perhaps they were alone?
OODM End of Chapter one. Please post in Chapter two. You each get 2000 XP (taking you to 8001, half way to Level 5)

Ship Status
♦ Thrusters: Online at 100%
♦ SpaceDrive: Online at 90%
♦ HyperDrive: Online at 64% (untested)
♦ Navigation System: Online at 98%
♦ Electrical Systems: Online at 70%
♦ Communications: Online at 80%
♦ Life Support: Online at 95%
♦ Biometrics Lab sealed. Cannot be repaired in space.

♦ PC/NPC Status ♦
INIT TOKEN NAME ROLE DEF HP STATUS
xx
Charlotte (Badger) Commander 13 20/20 Normal
xx
Ray (Drach) Pilot/Math 25 40/40 Normal
xx
Leona (Ghost) Doctor/Bio 17 40/40 Normal
xx
Miya (Dragon) Engineer 13 43/43 Normal
xx
The Robot (Charlotte) NPC 30 130/130 Normal

Last edited by Digorig; 06-10-2018 at 02:59 PM.
Closed Thread