RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Sep 16th, 2018, 09:16 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35991
Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihinka View Post
@chocoladevla
While I appreciated the 'complete' status of my app, it was nowhere near complete in my eyes. So I added the extra bit of history to her background that I was working on. And also the bits about me as a player. And now I'm done. Here's hopin'
You did not notice it but I changed it back to orange and now back to green

please check out our Solo Games a private luxury DM will be included for free
Old Sep 16th, 2018, 09:56 AM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29974
Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocoladevla View Post
You did not notice it but I changed it back to orange and now back to green
The Force is strong with this one...

Onward!

Cheers, Xian
Old Sep 16th, 2018, 01:21 PM
Waiting for my Wish

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8070
Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099
Basic InfoName: Juniper
Race: Firbolg
Class: Druid
Alignment: Neutral Good
Background: Outlander
Character Hook: 3. Apocalyptic, Every five nights, you have a strange sequence of apocalyptic dreams. The world is destroyed by cold, choking fumes, lightning storms, waves of acid, and horrible fire. Each time, the dream ends with ten evil eyes glaring at you from the darkness. You feel a strange compulsion to travel to Greenest. Perhaps the answer to the riddle of your dreams awaits you there.

Character Concept / BackgroundJuniper was raised in a secluded forest by his tribe, where he was taught to both enjoy and respect the natural world. As he grew up, he grew closer to the forest and especially the trees, which he came to know each on an individual basis. His fondness for the plantlife of his home became apparent as he gained the ability to talk with the flora and would come to prefer their company to that of the other animals. As he came of age, he trained to become one of the guardians of the forest, choosing the plants above all else as his special charge to safeguard against the evil forces of the world.
Though Juniper prioritizes the protection of the plants above all else, he understands that all living creatures are a part of the natural world and also empathizes with the animals and beasts. Humanoid creatures, especially those that have sentience and alignments, are the most mysterious to him. Frequently a cause of anxiety and more often frightening than not, Juniper believes that those good individuals among the sentient races are deserving of respect and, when necessary, protection. The problem is how to identify those good individuals from among all of the evil beings in the world! For although the evil beings, and their wanton destruction of nature, must always be stopped...they are so numerous and so frightening!

Appearance While traveling or among those he does not trust, Juniper choose to travel in Disguise (using his innate Firbolg magic of disguise self) to avoid attracting undue attention. In this form, he is either a typical elf or human, depending on the majority of surrounding humanoids.
When pressed to fight, or occasionally when he is among those he's grown comfortable with, he will reveal his true form, which stands at over 8 feet tall and 300 pounds. In addition to his gigantic size and powerful build, the bluish-grey skin tone and large, pointed ears extending outwards from the sides of his head are the clear indicators of his Firbolg race.
His attire is simple, consisting of well-worn shirt and trousers, topped with a vest.

Personality Overview: Juniper sees himself foremost as a protector of the forest, and all plantlife. Secondarily as guardian of the creatures within the forest. Humanoid races are a mystery to him, and should be approached with only the utmost of caution, even suspicion. Juniper is curious but shy. Also he is not confrontational by nature, so he may often come across as being timid and even frightened of the other races. Yet his devotion to protect the natural world will push him to challenge those that seek to harm nature's pure creations.
Traits: I feel far more comfortable around plants and animals than people.
Ideal: Nature: The natural world is more important than all the constructs of civilization. (Neutral)
Bond: An injury to the unspoiled wilderness of my home is an injury to me.
Flaw: I am slow to trust members of other races, tribes, and societies.
Being around strangers causes anxiety (they are frightening!)
Faction: Emerald Enclave (though maybe not at start).

Miscellaneous What kind of Player Am I?:
My heart has been into fantasy (and science fiction!) for many years, but I only ever had the occasional opportunity to experience an actual RPG. Rather than recount those limited, ancient experiences, let me fast-forward to a few months ago when I first joined RPGcrossing looking for an outlet to express my limited creativity and indulge in my penchant for fantastic stories.
I can definitely commit to twice a week posting schedule. I find myself constantly checking the site throughout the day for any updates to the few games that I'm involved in. However, I tend to resist the urge to respond immediately, instead preferring to mull the scenario over in my mind and taking time to craft the post. I often spend time to do some research on details to include in the post, or to think through the nuances of various actions and responses that my character could provide, or sometimes I choose to just 'go with the flow'. Above all, my goal is to indulge my hobby and tell a story that I find entertaining or intriguing, and through the magic of shared storytelling, I hope will be entertaining to my fellow players (and my DM!) as well.

DM Recommendation:
Unfortunately I have not had any DM on RPGcrossing, except for you! Well, there was also my NPSG, which was DM'd by ByronBulb. I highly recommend him! If pressed for a specific reason, I suppose the biggest would be in his taking the time to help a 'newby' to learn the ropes and explain to me all the basic things, which I had no clue about.
Otherwise, I can only suggest this YouTube channel, which I frequently watch for the Player-side aspects, but seems tailored towards DM-side as well: https://www.youtube.com/user/Bon3zmann.
Old Sep 17th, 2018, 07:59 PM
Queen of Pastries

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1649
cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy
Zarkacha should be done. If there's still something missing please let me know
Old Sep 18th, 2018, 06:24 AM
Rise from the Ashes

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1658
JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid
After adding an RP sample, Danika is finally complete. Good luck everyone! This Campaign promises to be epic!

Last edited by JReid; Sep 18th, 2018 at 06:27 AM.
Old Sep 18th, 2018, 07:07 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc Admin Choc
left-aligned image

Goodmorning,

<--- yeah, a bit of a tacky image but I kinda slightly forgot just a little bit that Friday is our 20-years-wedding day (oops, shame on me). So I feel the social pressure and I am going to try and make a post end of the day to announce the end of this recruitment but besides that I am going to be a bit offline

Time to get an update out, noticed I missed getting one out yesterday, weird.
Anyway, updates:

Roster:
Player Character Name Race Class Hook/Background Faction Miscellaneous Status of the app
Strange2099JuniperFirbolgDruidApocalypticEmerald Enclaveyup complete

Changed status to complete for:
  • cookieyummy
  • @JReid you were already marked as 'completed' ;-)

left-aligned image

<-----Added to my collection:
Old Sep 18th, 2018, 08:35 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2558
nickostopheles nickostopheles nickostopheles nickostopheles nickostopheles nickostopheles nickostopheles nickostopheles nickostopheles nickostopheles nickostopheles
Withdrew my PC.

Plenty of interest, so y'all should be golden. Have fun, all. Was an honor to apply, chocoladevla.
Old Sep 19th, 2018, 03:10 AM
Confused and confounded

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 33065
Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten
Ugh. I need an editor. Or someone to tell me to stop writing background stuff. I will never get done at this pace.
Old Sep 19th, 2018, 09:55 AM

Tools
User Statistics
left-aligned image

@nickostopheles Sorry to hear that you withdrew your application but thanks for letting us know
Old Sep 19th, 2018, 01:39 PM
Confused and confounded

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 33065
Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten
Done-ish. I might tweak things from here on until you make a selection, but the red thread of Ser Royce Rolfe's background is there and will not change going forward.
Old Sep 20th, 2018, 04:15 PM

Tools
User Statistics
left-aligned image

Good evening,

Just a couple of hours (two to be exact) before the deadline will come (end of the 20st of September)over here at GMT +1. So I am going to copy and paste the roster in the first post and start working with it. Check, stalk a bit, read, draw, make combinations, check matching background and puzzle a group together. Looking for cool characters, a mix of old and new players, a perfect balance between races and classes and am going to roleplay the characters in my mind to see who would get along with who ;-).
Tomorrow slightly offline being married for 20 years and all so answers will be here at Saturday the 22nd of September.

For now, I am off to bed. Thank you so much for your time, energy and input, your creativity and character made. I feel humbled by all the interest shown and the awesome impressive applications letting the characters come alive.
Old Sep 20th, 2018, 04:41 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2393
Kweheri Kweheri Kweheri Kweheri Kweheri Kweheri Kweheri Kweheri Kweheri Kweheri Kweheri
Happy anniversary Choco, 20 years is quite the achievement. x

Laarth -The Last of the Hunters
Old Sep 20th, 2018, 11:47 PM
The Butcher of Blaviken
Newsletter Staff

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7211
undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib
Congratulations choco, and happy anniversary!

Looking forward
Old Sep 21st, 2018, 07:37 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Hwarang Hwarang
Yeah, happy anniversary !!! 20 years! Wishing the both of you all the happiness in the world!
Old Sep 21st, 2018, 08:13 AM

Tools
User Statistics
A teaser

if you do not see your application in there please PM me asap
- kidding, I double-double checked, you are ALL in there -