RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Oct 31st, 2015, 07:25 PM
Eternal Bard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25299
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Happy Halloween all! I'm out on (cold wet) rounds at this very moment.
Old Nov 1st, 2015, 01:17 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14252
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
The gangs all here now! as we welcome Vallesh, our last member, to the group.
Old Nov 1st, 2015, 01:24 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
I hope you all had a great night of fun this Halloween!

Over this need week, I'll be vetting your applications as the become available. This is also my robotics competition week, so I don't plan on the opening scene starting until next Sunday, November the 8th. (We have only player that might be out until the 11th, but we'll go ahead and start - the nice thing about PbP is its easy to fold someone in and the pace is slow enough, that it won't keep us from getting the eggs cracking. So to speak.

Please help each other with the character biulding process - don't feel like you need my permission to do anything that is within the bounds of established rules - 5e. If you start to go a direction I'm unsure of, I'll let you know.

Your first level character sheets and CS should be posted in the Character Thread - if you'd like an example, Still_Pond has done an excellent job, you can use it as our official example - esp., the parts at the end.

Like this:

Last edited by savoylen; Nov 1st, 2015 at 01:27 AM.
Old Nov 1st, 2015, 05:08 AM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9594
Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon Ratpigeon
Welcome Vallesh!

Also, can I just say how much I loathe the fact that the PHB doesn't organise the spells by class or level?

Last edited by Ratpigeon; Nov 1st, 2015 at 05:13 AM.
Old Nov 1st, 2015, 06:16 AM
Dastardly Dolphin

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7974
Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh
Thank you for having me! Looking forward to this like a little boy counting all his sweets at the end of Halloween!

Ratpigeon here's a nice little wizard post with lists of spells organised by level or class so you can cross reference into the PHB easily.
Edit: Though it does not include the Elemental Evil player companion spells.

Last edited by Vallesh; Nov 1st, 2015 at 07:58 AM. Reason: The link would be useful
Old Nov 1st, 2015, 09:07 AM
Eternal Bard

Tools
User Statistics
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
The Donjon has a spell list that lets you view available spells by class and level and (if you want) school of magic simultaneously. It has lots of other cool resources as well; it's a great site.
Old Nov 1st, 2015, 09:58 AM
Dreaming of Dragons

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2657
GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong
Welcome Vallesh, and anyone else I might have missed ... busy weekend here. I have a shop at the Carolina Renaissance Festival and with it being halloween I spent most of my day giving out candy. Much more candy going out than money coming in, but it was fun, so whatever.

The start time is perfect, because this week I'll be driving up to Maryland and back to take my dogs and mother back home. I'll be online every day (because that's just how I roll), but it'll be easier to focus once I'm back here at festival.

Looking forward to seeing what hatches next week!!!

Here be dragons ...
On indefinite hiatus from gaming ...
Old Nov 1st, 2015, 10:10 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Awesome... I'm a Carolina Guy myself (HS and College years) - love that part of the country!
Old Nov 1st, 2015, 10:14 AM
Eternal Bard

Tools
User Statistics
I've been wondering what time zone everyone is in. You all seem to stay awake a lot later than me. But I also have kids and a job that starts at 7am. So I crash early.

I'm in Michigan, btw, which is EST.
Old Nov 1st, 2015, 10:28 AM
Dreaming of Dragons

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2657
GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong
I'm in the eastern time zone most of the year (USA), but during February and March I'm at the Arizona Renaissance Festival. Wheeee! Life is fun!!! I tend to be a night owl. I'm an artist and find that many of my best ideas come late in the day, or as I'm falling asleep. Festival doesn't open until 10 in the morning, and only on weekends, so I can afford to stay up until midnight or later. When I'm in Maryland I often stay up until 2 or 3 in the morning, just reading, doing puzzles, snuggling with my dogs, and catching up on my pbp games.

One of my pbp games on Facebook has a fellow in Australia, and another in England. Somehow we manage to have three or four of us online at the same time quite frequently, (though some of us are at breakfast and the other at dinner) so we can sometimes get through a battle in fairly record time. It's really interesting to be posting almost in real time. We pause at important parts to let the sleeping folks catch up, but it's really fun to play that way.

Here be dragons ...
On indefinite hiatus from gaming ...
Old Nov 1st, 2015, 10:46 AM
Dapper Jelly

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5511
Code H Code H Code H Code H Code H Code H Code H Code H Code H Code H Code H
Hello Vallesh.

There's a pretty good free spellbook app for android tablets if you have one. It probably also works on phones. Not only does it organize by level, you can tag search by classes, spell components, and casting time. And you can build a character spell list by clicking spells from the list. It has the regular spells and elemental evil. I'm sure you could also find one for Windows or ios.

I'm in Mountain Standard, but I stay up late sometimes despite my job that also starts at 7.

Also, Canada.

The furthest afield I've had players from were Japan and Isreal.
Old Nov 1st, 2015, 01:11 PM
Dastardly Dolphin

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7974
Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh
Wynamoinen that Donjon is good had found another site similar to that but it got taken down due to copyright issues I think.

I will probably the one posting at weird times as, until another declares their love of tea also, I am the token British person!
Old Nov 1st, 2015, 01:29 PM
Eternal Bard

Tools
User Statistics
I think British posting times are more lined up with my schedule than night-owl US hours. I actually like having a bunch of different time zones in the mix. I check this site with an irritating obsession, so it's nice to have a steady stream of content. Missing a big blast of posts at 2am east coast US time makes me feel like a crotchety old man
Old Nov 1st, 2015, 02:16 PM
Dapper Jelly

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5511
Code H Code H Code H Code H Code H Code H Code H Code H Code H Code H Code H
Hey Vallesh, we can be proper spelling buddies.
Old Nov 1st, 2015, 02:33 PM
Insert User Title Here.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25543
Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond
I'm in Alaska time. GMT -8 I think. I too stay up later than I should. In about 24 hours, I'll be in vacation time.

Last edited by Still_Pond; Nov 1st, 2015 at 02:34 PM.