Game Thread Welcome To Sallisae. Please drive carefully. - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > An Age of Monsters
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old Jan 29th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Thorne's Avatar
Thorne Thorne is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 28th, 2014
RPXP: 42
Thorne
Posts: 99
Azamina looks confused for a moment.
"Wait, you have one....oh, that's right. I keep forgetting that the gods split apart....or something. It's really weird, how can a being split into multiple ones? But sure, I'd love to meet her, I'll help any way I can."
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old Jan 29th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Caput's Avatar
Caput Caput is offline
Guy 5/Corpse 10/Lich 5
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 31st, 2016
RPXP: 807
Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput
Posts: 2,655
Ynda looks baffled by Azamina's words. "It took us a lot of time to work that out. How do you know it?"
__________________
Ingle Land?
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Thorne's Avatar
Thorne Thorne is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 28th, 2014
RPXP: 42
Thorne
Posts: 99
"Er...Well before my forest got destroyed, I started noticing a lot more nature spirits and such who hadn't been there before. There was a centaur sage living in the woods who was really really smart and wise, and he figured it out and told the rest of the forest."

Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old Jan 30th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Caput's Avatar
Caput Caput is offline
Guy 5/Corpse 10/Lich 5
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 31st, 2016
RPXP: 807
Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput
Posts: 2,655
"Okay... Very odd. I wonder how he could have known then. We needed a magical laboratory and a godmote in a box. Oh well."

OOCJust waiting on responses and then we can all arrive.
__________________
Ingle Land?

Last edited by Caput; Jan 30th, 2011 at 12:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old Jan 31st, 2011, 11:58 AM
Admin RonarsCorruption's Avatar
Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption is offline
Worldcrafter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 26th, 2023
RPXP: 37942
Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption
Posts: 35,804
After Fanarath had left, but before anyone has the chance to pick up the dragon's things, Fragrush picks up one of the books and leafs through it. Then another, tossing them loosely back on the pile of things as he was done. He humphs in what appeared to be derision at the dragon's choice of reading materials, and ducked under the archway to follow the mayor. He neglects to account for the height of his axe over his shoulder, and the hook of the axe clips the frame, rending an inch long gouge in the otherwise clean wood, and sending a small spray of splinters behind the cyclops as he tromped unceremoniously forward.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old Feb 1st, 2011, 04:04 AM
Caput's Avatar
Caput Caput is offline
Guy 5/Corpse 10/Lich 5
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 31st, 2016
RPXP: 807
Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput
Posts: 2,655
The mayor flinches as he hears the sound, but he seems relieved when he spins around and sees what it was.
"Don't worry, we were prepared to pull the whole thing down, if we got somebody larger. That axe of yours is of cyclopean make, is it not? And yet the last time I saw adornments like those, they were scratched into a sharp rock. Do you realise that the last known occurrence of a cyclopse having enough eloquence to use the word "ruffian" in a sentence was so long ago that there was no such word for him to speak? You are a cyclopse of civilisation, I think, but how have your people's ways survived these long ages?"
The elf falls into step beside Fragrush.

Everyone- You are lead around to the front of a large building, which turns out to be the town hall. It has a row or marble pillars at the front, a mechanical clock, a bell tower and a respectable footprint. In front of it is another vegetable patch, this one presumably having consumed the entire lawn. Beyond that is the town square, bustling with activity.

There are people working among the vegetables until you arrive, but when they see you, they stop pushing their barrows and stare. You see mostly elves but also halflings and goblins. The elves are all adults, but there are children among the smaller races.
A tiny goblin boy points up at Fragrush. "Tall man."
__________________
Ingle Land?

Last edited by Caput; Feb 1st, 2011 at 05:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old Feb 1st, 2011, 10:03 AM
Admin RonarsCorruption's Avatar
Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption is offline
Worldcrafter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 26th, 2023
RPXP: 37942
Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption
Posts: 35,804
"I am rebuilding the cyclops people, this axe is a relic of my dedication in times past. Since then, I have fallen on times I do not wish to speak about. If you are very good, I will tell you the story in the future." Fragrush smiled a little, this man knew more of his people than he guessed, which was impressive and at least he showed promise of interest.

When they reached the town square, Fragrush was surprised that the city was not entirely elves. Tiny creatures skittered about his feet, most not even as tall as his knees. He identified goblins amongst them - another surprise - and simply decided for now that the rest of them must be children. Good strong breeding stock if there were so many of them.

"Tall man." a particularly small goblin says. Fragrush smiles at the creature barely one tenth his height, and replied in the creature's native tongue, "Great Cyclops."
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old Feb 1st, 2011, 11:42 AM
Caput's Avatar
Caput Caput is offline
Guy 5/Corpse 10/Lich 5
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 31st, 2016
RPXP: 807
Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput
Posts: 2,655
The boy nods. "Yes sir." Seems he's feeling a good mix of interest and terror. A couple of people have started to go back to work, at the other end of the garden.

The mayor looks sombre for a moment. "I'm afraid our past dealings with cyclopses have not been peaceful. There were three living very near here, when I was younger, but that was some time ago. If you wish to rally your people, you will have to go hunting for them first. I believe we have a modest collection of ancient cyclopean objects. I expect you would like to see them?"
__________________
Ingle Land?

Last edited by Caput; Feb 1st, 2011 at 01:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old Feb 5th, 2011, 03:14 AM
Caput's Avatar
Caput Caput is offline
Guy 5/Corpse 10/Lich 5
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 31st, 2016
RPXP: 807
Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput
Posts: 2,655
Before the cyclops can answer, a loud horn sounds in the distance. the workers set down their tools and the people in the square panic, shoving and shouting in an attempt to get off the street. Somewhere ahead of you, somebody is calling "Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall breach! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall breach! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeverybody indoors! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall breach!"

Orriniel hands his book to the mayor and strides off towards the source of the noise. He looks back at the strange assortment of creatures he has summoned and grins like a fool. "Gentlemen and lady, shall we?"
__________________
Ingle Land?

Last edited by Caput; Feb 5th, 2011 at 03:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old Feb 5th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Xaer QwickBlade's Avatar
Xaer QwickBlade Xaer QwickBlade is offline
Is a Fird... or a Box
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 15th, 2015
RPXP: 0
Xaer QwickBlade
Posts: 274
Fanarath sighs and looks at the creatures around him, "Duty calls. I suppose we must hold up our end of the bargain." He then turns his gaze toward Orriniel and changes his posture to one similar to a cat tensing up before a fight. "Lead the way then."

Last edited by Xaer QwickBlade; Feb 5th, 2011 at 10:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old Feb 6th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Thorne's Avatar
Thorne Thorne is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 28th, 2014
RPXP: 42
Thorne
Posts: 99
"A fight?" Azamina looks nervous, then takes a deep breath and curls her hands into fists, a look of determination on her face.
"Alright, I'm ready."
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old Feb 7th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Admin RonarsCorruption's Avatar
Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption is offline
Worldcrafter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 26th, 2023
RPXP: 37942
Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption
Posts: 35,804
Fragrush nods and grins even as the alarm sounds. "I would very much like to see them. We will discuss them at length amongst the bones of our enemies."

With that, Fragrush turns to the sound of the alarm and runs off, moving far faster than one would expect for a creature of his substantial bulk.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old Feb 7th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,586
Riadon wanders after his new companions. Can't even have a few minutes to get settled first. This is shaping up to be a wonderful job already.
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old Feb 7th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Caput's Avatar
Caput Caput is offline
Guy 5/Corpse 10/Lich 5
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 31st, 2016
RPXP: 807
Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput
Posts: 2,655
The mage leads you through the streets at a brisk pace. The crowd parts for you and then disappears as you get closer to the source of the panic.
You pass a variety of different buildings in a style that would remind you of the nicer parts of ancient Rome, if you knew what that was. The streets curve lazily to accommodate trees, gardens and marble sculptures. It's very clear that this place was built for rich, civilised people who didn't have to concern themselves with practicality.
Orriniel talks as he walks, slowing just enough so that you're all level with him. "I'm tuned to the alarm, you see, so I know which direction to go in, even if I don't know quite what's going on. No doubt we can get you all tuned in too. I'm guessing this is just goblins, but if we're unlucky someone will still be- Ah."

About 10ft in front of you is an elf, lying in his own blood. He's making a nasty gurgling noise. He's in the middle of a street, just at the point where it forks. This is the relatively poor part of town, by the looks of it, since it's lined with little houses and no gardens. A hundred feet or so beyond the wounded civilian, you can see the wall, rising over the roof tops. It looks pretty tall.

From somewhere nearby you hear a weird howling sound. Like a goblin trying to impersonate a wolf.

OOC.Initiative, please
__________________
Ingle Land?

Last edited by Caput; Feb 7th, 2011 at 06:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old Feb 8th, 2011, 01:04 AM
Thorne's Avatar
Thorne Thorne is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 28th, 2014
RPXP: 42
Thorne
Posts: 99
Dice Initiative:
1d20+5 (12)+5 Total = 17

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:01 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB