RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Open Roleplaying > OR Archive
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 01-12-2013, 11:39 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 70
DmofAlterak
Challenger RPG a Free Roleplaying Game

Defunct.

I moved this game over to a successful one shot on Fabletop. Sorry everyone!

You have all come to the land of the Hive in search of grand adventure and the fabulous wealth of the magical honey of the bees. Some are rumored to be twice the size of a man. As you traverse a road you hear a great buzzing in the air and stones shake upon the ground. It is now time to find out whether the bees are as peaceful as the legends say. There are rumors of a great war among the insect peoples between the Sectoids and their leader the infamous king Arachnoid and the people of the Bee Queen. It is rumored the Queen is dying and her power wanes by the day attracting bounty hunters and treasure seekers like a dying dragon sitting upon fabulous wealth. What do you do?

Hello,

I am the author of Challenger RPG a Free Roleplaying Game. Aramil28 on Twitter requested that I run a Challenger game either here or on openrpg and I personally love the great community on this site. For anyone familiar with Challenger RPG, I'll be using the latest version of the rules with any tweaks I deem necessary. For everyone else, feel free to join in the game with your favorite RPG character from any game system. A few years ago I used to run a game thread here called "Jump Right in D&D!" in which I welcomed any and all comers to join in the adventure at any time. I'd like to continue that spirit of open gaming and embracing all systems with this thread. I've played almost all the popular RPG systems so I don't plan to have any problems converting statistics. This probably won't be a heavy 'rolling' game thread.

All new characters should join the game at either level 1 or the lowest level of any current member of the group, whichever is greater. Allowed characters are any. If you have a Challenger RPG character, that's doubly cool. The book can be found for free here: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/88878 or paid here: http://www.amazon.com/Challenger-Fre.../dp/B005ALS1V4

I plan to run the game by post and post as often as I can (but I have a very busy work schedule). A minimum of 1 post on Sundays is my plan, with more posts if I can manage. At request, I'll be 'attempting' one post a day. I'm not sure how far I'll make it with that, ha ha.

Last edited by DmofAlterak; 01-13-2013 at 08:01 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:53 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 70
DmofAlterak
It appears that I'll be running recruiting here before the game actually gets off the ground. Hopefully, that won't be a terrible inconvenience to anyone. Thanks! I could also potentially migrate this game to either Fabletop or Jump Right in D&D! depending on how things pan out. I'll try to post updates here if that's the case.

I've already completed this game on Fabletop. Thanks for your interest!

--David

Last edited by DmofAlterak; 01-13-2013 at 08:02 PM.