twitter facebook

Notices

Old 03-25-2011, 12:14 PM
Maximum Velocity

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 235
Fierce Falcon Fierce Falcon Fierce Falcon
So now that we've mostly all arrived, I'll go ahead and post a couple of things about posting that can help out with the ease of reading:

Speech and Thought Conventions1) Conventionally, speech is put in bold so that it stands out a little more. This can also help differentiate between inner thoughts.
2) Thoughts are usually put in italics, for the same reasons as above.

The next couple of items relate to how you direct the reader to the rolls for a particular action. There are two ways that I like.
Action identification1) the most common is to incorporate the link into the text, like this: Snorri looks Faust up and down, quickly identifying his chapter

When you create a link, the code looks like [ URL=yourlinkhere]what the link will be displayed as[/URL ] without spaces in the brackets. You can change the 'what the link will be displayed as' section to whatever you want.

2) The one I use, which requires more formating, but reads even easier, is to use the TT code. It's perfect for posts incorporating multiple skill checks. This doesn't directly link the word to the die roll, but you can identify an action as a particular skill check or spell casting without stating it in character. for example: Snorri looks Faust up and down, Common Lore (Astartes) 38 quickly identifying his chapter.
Then, at the end of the post you include the link to the die roll post

The TT code looks like this: [ TT=what you want displayed] what the hover-text is [/TT ] without the spaces before or after TT inside the brackets. You use the orange 'TT' button on the formating bar.

You don't have to do any of these, obviously, but I thought I'd throw them out there for those of you new to PbP or at least this site and the BB code system.

Last edited by Fierce Falcon; 03-25-2011 at 12:24 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:46 PM
Maximum Velocity

Tools
User Statistics
I posted an explanation of how skills work in Deathwatch, for those of you who might be confused about it.
Old 03-26-2011, 12:25 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23
Squirrel Fish
Alright, cool. Thanks for that!
Old 03-27-2011, 03:13 PM
Maximum Velocity

Tools
User Statistics
Just to let you guys know, I'm going to wait for all the characters to meet each other before I move on with the story. That way I'll know everyone is ready to go and knows what's up from a player perspective.

Last edited by Fierce Falcon; 03-27-2011 at 03:14 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:46 PM
Maximum Velocity

Tools
User Statistics
Soooo...alex, wade, phil...you guys still playing here?
Old 03-29-2011, 12:40 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Squirrel Fish
Two suggestions for those who are new to a play-by-post game.

The best way to make this successful to CHECK FOR NEW POSTS and see if you can respond it it anytime you're on the internet (Ie. NOW!!!!). I make it a point to just add it to my routine website checks (Ie. open Google chrome, immediately check University email, personal email, Facebook, Twitter and Deathwatch PBP).

Post, post, post. Unless you're waiting for GM confirmation on something, go ahead and post even if you're not doing anything 'meaningful'. After all, your characters idle actions really does help define who (s)he is and their personality. You are making decisions and taking actions on behalf of your character, not the other way around, so go ahead and give them life. Describe their actions with great detail as though it were a page from a novel. It's the feel we're going for.

Lastly, please use correct grammar and punctuation. While it may seem tedious, it really helps the readability of the text and helps maintain verisimilitude of the story at hand.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:09 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 48
BarbariAndy
The hab cluster map looks like the old video game maps you would fine in Nintendo Power when we were little. Also, damn you Khagan for slipping past my wolf senses!
Old 03-29-2011, 11:12 AM
Maximum Velocity

Tools
User Statistics
Sweet. I definitely want to play Deathwatch Zelda now. Cuttin' grass with force sword...
Old 03-29-2011, 02:45 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Squirrel Fish
I always equated Deathwatch to playing Metroid (only with a gigantic scary mandude in armor instead of a scantily clad chick in armor).
Old 03-29-2011, 03:08 PM
Maximum Velocity

Tools
User Statistics
wow, I can't believe I didn't make that connection. Metroid's my favorite nintendo game franchise.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:41 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Squirrel Fish
The truly hardcore Deathwatch players will turn the game into Pokemon, as they manipulate the situation to get the Xenos to fight each other. Because a Xanatos gambit is a totally Inquisitor way of running ****.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:46 PM
Maximum Velocity

Tools
User Statistics
OK. So Bojo has not internet unless he's at Wade's, and Wade's going to Shy Town, So I'm going to be 'servitor'ing them for the time being.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:29 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
BarbariAndy
So what made him think that joining a PbP would be a good idea?

Last edited by BarbariAndy; 03-31-2011 at 01:29 PM. Reason: ?
Old 03-31-2011, 04:37 PM
Maximum Velocity

Tools
User Statistics
*shrug* indeed
Old 03-31-2011, 05:03 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics