Game Thread Chapter One: Through the Veil of Time - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > World of Darkness > The Curious Events of Maple Hill, New Jersey
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 06-10-2017, 05:08 PM
A Cynical Instrumentalist

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2873
KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion
Shaking her head slightly, Narcissus begins racking her mind if she can think of any Moros mages that she knows that could do them a favour, coming up quite short on the list in fact. Taking her hand, she gently places it on Bashiri's shoulder and talks to him gently, "Bashiri. I can help you calm down, if you cannot do it on your own. There must be traces of something, as even the strongest of time manipulations leaves ripples in threads of time. I say take Providence's advice and find a Moros mage to bring to the location of death, and then we can see what happens from there."
Old 06-11-2017, 08:20 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 115
SpookySpecter SpookySpecter
-Bashiri nods through tears. "Please," he says. "Anything to stop this pain"
Old 06-16-2017, 01:11 AM

Tools
User Statistics
KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion
Nodding slightly, Narcissus takes Bashiri's hand and gently rests it against her chest, just above her heart as she plays a calming tune, feeling her heart beat slow alongside his. She stops after just half a minute as she hears his breathing slow and the tearful gasping end over the duration of the magic. "Now, is there anything else that you haven't told us?"

OOCAlright, so assuming I got this right I'm using Control Instincts (Life 2) to help calm Bashiri down, probably a mixture increasing dopamine and serotonin production and lowering epinephrine. Or something. Should be 1 mana for a common arcana, and nothing else since I'm not amplifying it?
Old 06-21-2017, 06:17 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1258
ProjectMoon ProjectMoon ProjectMoon ProjectMoon ProjectMoon ProjectMoon ProjectMoon ProjectMoon ProjectMoon
Once Bashiri was calmed down (or not), Providence spoke to the man again. "Bashiri, can you think of anyone who would want to kill Kassandra? Did she--do you all--have any enemies?" Providence produced a notepad and starts writing down the information that Bashiri is giving. He said, "I'd like to get as much information from you as I can, then we can see what we can do to help. You have my word." Providence's word was worth its weight in gold, or so he liked to think, and he didn't want to besmirch that reputation at all. "This information will help guide the way to finding Kassandra's killer."

OOC
The cabal, having known Providence for some time, likely has a good idea of what he'll be doing with the information on this notepad. Which is...
  • Copy it somewhere safe, to make sure they don't lose it.
  • Use the original copy as a Sacrament Yantra along with his mirrored bowl to cast Sworn Oaths or Superlative Luck on the cabal to get rote quality on rolls relating to the investigation, or even Conditions relating to it.
  • Serendipity his way to victory.

Last edited by ProjectMoon; 06-21-2017 at 06:18 AM.
Old 07-03-2017, 03:25 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
-
left-aligned image
Bashiri composes himself, an eerie calm settling over him as Narcissus’ magic takes its hold on his emotions. The large man takes a deep breath, and then speaks.

“We found something. Or Kassandra did. She had a premonition, a vision that she felt signaled a change for mages in Maple Hill. She said that she saw ashes. ‘A child born of fire,’ she said. A girl that would eventually Awaken and help bring justice to the Wise that have been screwed over. We kept it to ourselves, but Muse…” Bashiri paused, closing his eyes in concentration. “Muse is in tight with another Cabal. I think they’re called the Bastards of Babel. She got involved with Everest, a Theurgist from the Bastards, last May. Muse swore she wouldn’t drop any Cabal secrets, no matter how small—but I just don’t know. Maybe she slipped? Maybe Muse told Everest about Kassandra’s vision?”

“Other than that, I don’t know who else would know. We don’t usually brush shoulders with Platinum Cabals.” Bashiri hunched his shoulders and bit his lip, thinking about the questions. “Last time we met under the tree, back in June—back when Kassandra told us about the girl born of fire—there were headlights. They fell on us, but we didn’t think too much of it after it happened. I thought someone was making a K-turn on Atlantic. Maybe that was something?” Bashiri shook his head. “No, that’s a stretch.”

“I’ll keep thinking, guys.”
Old 07-07-2017, 10:49 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
ProjectMoon ProjectMoon ProjectMoon ProjectMoon ProjectMoon ProjectMoon ProjectMoon ProjectMoon ProjectMoon
Providence started scribbling all of the information down. "A child born of fire... Bring justice to the Wise who got screwed over? Only in Maple Hill?", he asked dryly, his tone one of subtle disbelief. Providence was certainly Platinum, and tended to believe that the mages who got "screwed over" generally deserved it. "This friend of yours... Muse? Yes, Muse. Sounds like the loosest link in your chain. We should probably start with her first, although we'll see what Fate says." Looking over his notes one last time, he said, "The headlights too might be worth checking. We can at least take a look into the past, and attempt to get a plate or something?"

"Don't worry, Bashiri. We will find Kassandra. This I swear." He held up his shining silver coin to Bashiri with a slight smile. Providence finished writing, and flipped his coin into the air. As it spun, the designs and invisible traceries on the coin lit up briefly with a white light, leaving little wisps of energy behind as it fell back down. Which way do the winds of fate blow?

OOC
Providence's list of info:
  • Kassandra was the one who was murdered.
  • Kassandra had a vision in the Verge (under the tree) about a girl born of fire who would eventually Awaken and right the wrongs done to the mages of Maple Hill.
  • Muse is another member of Bashiri's and Kassandra's cabal that is in a relationship with someone named Everest.
  • Everest is a member of a cabal named the Bastards of Babel.
  • Muse swore she wouldn't tell any cabal secrets to Everest, but we all know how that goes...
  • Bashiri and friends were possibly being eavesdropped upon when they were last under the tree in June; a car's headlights were visible. It could've been someone making a K-turn, or maybe it was someone watching them.

Is that correct?

Providence is casting Serendipity to get a clear omen on what actions to take next in order to find Kassandra.

Last edited by ProjectMoon; 07-07-2017 at 10:52 AM.
Old 07-10-2017, 07:21 PM

Tools
User Statistics
"That sounds.... difficult to parse." Narcissus purses her lips as she listens to Bahiri while continuing to play. Some kind of background noise and music may help ward off curious ears and prevent those even more curious from hearing the details around. "A child of fire? That could mean a multitude of things. I would think the most basic level would be to look at records from the fire department, and move on from there if we're moving in that direction."

"As for Kassandra, I have no clue how to proceed from there. Show us the path of Fate, Providence. I'm sure Time will allow us to find what we need."

Last edited by KKristophDavion; 07-10-2017 at 07:22 PM.
Old 07-13-2017, 04:12 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
SerendipityThe roads ahead of Providence flash before his eyes. Flickering this way and that. First the car, the headlights beaming. Then the image of a young woman, her hair buzzed down to stubble. He hears glimpses of conversation, the sound of an engine accelerating. But after a moment, the image steadies, focuses on the woman. A warm smile on her face. She says something, but Providence can’t make out the words. But the message is clear.

BashiriBashiri looks to Narcissus. “Thank you for calming me down. It feels good to breathe normal.” His face is still sad, but it is an empty sad, a serenity that was absent before. “Thank you all for all of your help,” he says as he stands, rising to his mountainous height. “I’ll let you know if I find anything else. Me, Muse and Tock will be out there trying to find this guy.” He turns to go, but pauses and looks back, “Thanks.”
Old 07-31-2017, 09:16 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Providence closed his eyes for a few seconds, trying to figure out the Supernal information. He said, "We have to find the woman. She was probably in the car that Bashiri mentioned." He relayed the imagery to his cabalmates. "Perhaps we can look into the past along the road and see if she was indeed in the car. Otherwise, it's time to start asking around about this woman with no hair. I'll leave looking into the past to one of you two, as my Time magic isn't the best, you know?"

OOC
What knowledge skill would be needed to see if any of us knows the woman I saw in the vision?