twitter facebook

Notices

Old 06-25-2009, 11:15 PM
Dark Knight Sarrow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Sarrow
I know, I am sexy, with my scales, leather, and tail. Bangaa are the sexiest of all the Ivalice races.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:06 AM
Not a Happy Bird

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 278
Celebithron Celebithron Celebithron
Bangaa are sexy! With their long liz- ah... reptile tongues, their smooth, dry scales and warm, leathery ears...

*swoon*
Old 06-26-2009, 12:24 AM
Dark Knight Sarrow

Tools
User Statistics
Sarrow
Yep, I am dead sexy. Marvel at my sexiness. LOL
Old 06-26-2009, 02:38 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 41
Greybard
You don't get to see if Hugo is sexy or not. You only see his shiney, shiney armor.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:34 PM
Not a Happy Bird

Tools
User Statistics
Armor is sexy:

^ Master Ugo, Laurel of the SCA (like being Knighted, but for contributions to armoring).

He's really one of the modern masters, as far as I'm concerned.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:49 AM
Not a Happy Bird

Tools
User Statistics
So...
Old 06-27-2009, 10:36 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Greybard
..Yeah...when does the game thread move on?
Old 06-28-2009, 05:13 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Zehtfel
So, are we going to the Inn to group up and think of a plan, or straight to the Mayor's house? Not to sound biased, but I mentioned the inn so we could get a pseudo-hierarchy and some sort of base-line. I'm fine with either really, but I just wanna make sure I'm on the same page as everyone else.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:08 AM
Dark Knight Sarrow

Tools
User Statistics
Sarrow
I am OK with either. I went to the Mayor since I thought that finding out the mission was a higher priority than us deciding on who is the "leader" or any other roles.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:43 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Zehtfel
True, though after a two week journey, I'd think the party would also need a bit of time to get back energy - if only for a couple minutes.

Of course, picking up the mission info wouldn't necessarily require the entire party.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:32 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Greybard
Hugo will try to get some more info out of the town guard. I don't mind if the others go ahead, rest at the inn and/or talk to the Major.

In fact, our lucky Archer could try to gather information among the regulars at the inn/tavern/bar, while some of the mages tell the major that we're here for the job.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:07 AM
Not a Happy Bird

Tools
User Statistics
Grey, that sounds like a capital Idea.

Just as an aside: To what degree are we assuming that Humes can read Bangaa and Viera facial expression and body language and vice versa? Because, as near as I can tell, Yrlai has just been a bit "eye-roll" and Ilyra has been somewhat short and jokingly condescending, so far, but everyone (I assume because they've read our character personality descriptions) is acting like we rode into town tossing off racial slurs and trampling baby Humes. We're not the ****ing Viera KKK; Ilyra is typically xenophobic and feels, as almost all Viera do, that her race is superior and Yrlai is curious about other races, but has yet to shake the idea that Viera are the best.

Geez... It's not a personal attack against anyone who chose to play a Hume; it's just a character trait. Please, help us make it an interesting trait instead of a unity-destroying contention.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:29 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Greybard
Yeah, but with little else, I think that the non-viera players are looking at hooks to use in their posts - and *the viera are evil racist nazi mages* thing is the first thing up for grabs, even if it is exaggerated and taken to the extreme.

This is precisely why I will *try* to have Hugo somewhat considerate and polite -as befitting of a knight-, and even if I probably won't be able to maintain that ideal, keeping one's temper in check is a step in the right direction.

Of course, RPing a *character* who is irked at ever-so-slight displays of arrogance and elitism is perfectly viable, and if the hume mages choose to act just as the viera *Hey, we're versatile humes and we are better than you*, then inner-party relations will become...strained at best.

I think combat will help forge the group together and strengthen the unity and acceptance of each other's quirks and traits - if your life is on the line, you don't care what race the guy saving you is, you're simply thankful that you can pull through.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:43 AM
Not a Happy Bird

Tools
User Statistics
Truth in text!

But preventing party relations from becoming strained and awkward is precisely why I keep harping on people to quit metagaming and only react to what their characters can see and hear, not the thoughts of our characters and the personality write-ups they've seen Out of Character. Yrlai, at least, isn't going to be obtusely offensive to anyone because she doesn't want to be on anyone's bad side.

Anyway, our characters are all road-weary; plenty of excuse for our initial snippity.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:16 AM
Quiet Crazy Person

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 409
Silverbreeze Silverbreeze Silverbreeze Silverbreeze Silverbreeze
All the accusations of metagaming can stop here for me. I haven't looked at your personality descriptions, but if you read mine you would have seen that Falynn has a short temper. I'm merely playing my character, and when we've been riding out in the hot ass sun, and when we finally reach our destination and our pair of Viera would rather sit there and make condescending remarks in their own language than find out where the Inn is so Falynn can have her hot bath, then there's a problem.

Sorry for playing -my- character, but Falynn is as nice as can be, but she doesn't like people with a superiority complex, nor at her size does she like anyone who is even remotely close to a bully. If the Viera hadn't acted the way they have so far, Falynn would be talking and joking around with them as much as anyone else. As far as I know, our characters are relatively new to each other and this is our first mission, so I assume that knowing when you're being "jokingly" condescending so soon would be a reach, especially coming from a person who is of a race that is known for their air of superiority.

I haven't done anything but react to what your characters have done and said, not think. Falynn stared at you, not because she thought you were the KKK, but because instead of asking the guard where the in was you would rather talk about paper, and she is hot and miserable. If its such a problem for me to play my character the way I am, and I am upsetting other players, then maybe this isn't the game for me, and by all means let me know so I can stop "metagaming" and ruining your fun.