RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 12-11-2017, 08:36 PM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2758
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Image Sizes

I'm having trouble inserting images into my posts. This is probably covered somewhere, but I'm curious if there's a maximum file size or something that's causing linked images not to appear.
Old 12-12-2017, 02:59 PM
*woof*

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6649
jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven
Several ways to do it...link to picture url, upload...best way to figure these out is to click on Advanced to look at the options before posting.

'Insert' allows you to reference an image using a URL.
Under 'Additional Options' you can 'Manage Attachments' and the popup should tell you the max size allowed.

-me
Old 01-18-2020, 11:29 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1211
Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite
I wish there was a way to add something into the [IMG] tag to change the size of the image as it renders in the post. For many of my images, I copy them physically into my Google Drive, make them public, and link to them from there. In that case, I can change the size easily myself.

But I'd prefer to link to the original image directly in some cases. It avoids the copying, and allows people to see where it came from originally. In cases like that, I'd like to be able to control the size without physically changing the original image.
Old 01-18-2020, 04:46 PM
for the love of kittehs

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 43615
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
This has been suggested before, and basically the reason we don't do it is because it adds to the page load time. (Images sized by the code on a page are still loaded at full size.) I generally will put a hyperlink around the image and link it to its source if that's desired, even if I have to resize the image myself to get it to fit in a post. There may be more comments in the CS Wishes Thread in the CS forum (both requests for changes and staff comments), but you'll have to skim the massive list to find anything related to images.
Old 03-13-2020, 06:36 AM
Keeper of Three Gremlins

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3041
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stadiumite View Post
I wish there was a way to add something into the [IMG] tag to change the size of the image as it renders in the post. For many of my images, I copy them physically into my Google Drive, make them public, and link to them from there. In that case, I can change the size easily myself.

But I'd prefer to link to the original image directly in some cases. It avoids the copying, and allows people to see where it came from originally. In cases like that, I'd like to be able to control the size without physically changing the original image.
Maybe I'm just a google noob but how do you get images showing here from Google Drive? I can't make the links work even after ensuring the images files are marked as public.
Old 03-13-2020, 10:33 AM
Dragoonies never say die!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1634
AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon
I gave up on Google Drive and started using imgur.
Old 03-13-2020, 03:29 PM
Keeper of Three Gremlins

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3041
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
Imgur as well for me, but Drive would be less cumbersome if it could work. No big deal, I guess.
Old 03-13-2020, 05:10 PM
Σ͑͒͌̏̍͞҉̻͎̙͈̯͔͖̟

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9246
Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin
My Go-To is Photopea for general image editing, and imgbb for hosting. Then I save back-ups to my desktop in a Drive Sync folder for accessibility.

Note: There is a limit to the number of images that can be added to a single post, regardless of size. (~25)

Last edited by Gaijin; 03-13-2020 at 05:13 PM.
Old 03-30-2020, 05:01 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 994
MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus
Old 03-30-2020, 05:17 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 994
MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus
I use post image.
Old 05-10-2020, 10:02 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1211
Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotsuSama View Post
Maybe I'm just a google noob but how do you get images showing here from Google Drive? I can't make the links work even after ensuring the images files are marked as public.
Sorry for the slow reply. I didn't see this until just now. (And as fate would have it Google Drive has changed their UI, so I need to figure out the new behavior.)

In your google drive, right click on the image.

Click "share".

Under Get Link Click "Change". Set it to Public, and copy the link.

But this link will not work in RPGC. You have to do more.

It will look something like this: /drive.google.com/file/d/1uAGxPx8TgpoXXXXXXX_Rk8Yt36haJNqjD/view?usp=sharing

The long string of characters in the link is a unique ID for the image within Google Drives.

Copy that out and put it into your RPGC IMG link.

|IMG|https://drive.google.com/uc?id={ID from the Google Link}|/IMG|

(I've replaced the brackets in my IMG tag with "|" so you can see what I mean. And you don't need the "{" curly braces. Just the ID.)

Last edited by Stadiumite; 05-10-2020 at 10:04 AM.