twitter facebook

Notices

Old 12-30-2010, 10:10 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Nara
One of my friend's dad told me about it, been playing it ever since.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:23 PM
The Crawling Chaos

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13326
Bade Bade Bade Bade Bade Bade Bade Bade Bade Bade Bade
Got started on tabletop games playing Call of Cthulhu and D&D is just sort of something you're going to encounter eventually if you play any tabletop games. Enjoyed it and continued with it.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:20 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 68
BladeV7
I've always had an interest in Fantasy/medieval type things but never really knew what DnD was until i read about it a couple months ago. It really excited me... sooo I started my own group at this building I'm in.... It's very challenging i was expecting a small interest but there are 14 people including me in my group.... and I have to teach them all the rules!!!! AHHG
Old 01-04-2011, 08:21 PM
Visual, Fight's On!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15884
idilippy idilippy idilippy idilippy idilippy idilippy idilippy idilippy idilippy idilippy idilippy
Wow, that's a lot of people, I'd have no idea what to do with that many. Great job introducing new people to the hobby though!
Old 01-08-2011, 03:17 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Pebot
I've played DND way back when I used to call it adnd ha. Second edition and it's Thac0 and it's 'lower AC is better' system all the way back when I was young. I introduced it to a couple of friend in university and started playing the thrid editon at the time.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:44 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4
Musicmaniac300
i first got into d&d from my boyfriend. we had a bunch of our friends get together and they all taught me how to play, I've grown to love the 3.5 edition lol
Old 01-10-2011, 06:10 PM
Must Beard Faster

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 397
isfos isfos isfos isfos
Back in high school my friends and I desired an alternative social game to replace the Civilization board game, (Civilization (board game), not the Sid Meier spin-off) due to the excessive length of play, and Risk, due to the excessive rivalries that manifested themselves. Co-op activities were always preferred in our social setting and my friend's parents used to play AD&D back in the day, so they suggested we try 2nd edition.

I remember when 3.0 first came out, we would have none of that - too many rules that would just be changed anyway. We also started using THAC0 as our screening test when accepting new players: if you couldn't figure it out, there was no place for you in our games. All other newcomers welcome.

I now play 3.5e socially with several new sets of friends, though 2e will always be my definitive reference.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:14 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Maharg
Personally, my experience with the Fantasy genre started way back with the young childhood novels. It has always been a special love of mine (and still is). I also once heard a quote about "stories that write themselves". This idea of self-writing stories intrigued me and I did a little research and came across DnD. The rest, as they say, is history.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:13 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Ulairi
I got into it back when I was in like 4th grade, I'm 31 now lol. I had stopped cause my friend's brother who was in high school at the time left their house and I no longer had anyone to play it with being as young as I was.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:33 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Regalio
I didn't get into DnD till I started high school. Mostly cause I didn't have any friends till I changed schools, and cause of that I never got to hang out with anyone who might have played. I didn't really start getting into playing on a regular basis till college though, and then I've pretty much been playing on and off as I could find groups.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:10 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1141
Pard Pard Pard Pard Pard Pard Pard Pard Pard
I got into it through Magic. We have a store in town that is basically only for Magic. The local WotC distribution guy hangs out there all the time and I am always playing Magic games with him, and I always whoop him (well, I did until they phased out Slivers again...). Anyways one day he had to end a game early because they were starting a new DnD game up. I decided I'd join them and by the end of the night I had been talked into buying the Starter Box plus PHB, DM book, and MM1.

Couldn't not play after that...
Old 01-18-2011, 07:24 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 111
Lucius Lucius
My Mum Corrupted Me!

I was home at sick and bored, mum brought me home the red box set, I think I was about 10, I had never seen anything like it and it wasn't until I got my my head around keeping the character for the next time you played that is started to make any sense at all. I was about 12 and it was the 80's.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:27 PM
Tactically Fabulous

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12315
kingmonkey kingmonkey kingmonkey kingmonkey kingmonkey kingmonkey kingmonkey kingmonkey kingmonkey kingmonkey kingmonkey
I began my occult training at the age of 14 when a sorcerous DM saw my mystical potential. I have yet to master true magic, but I'll keep at it, by gum!

Last edited by kingmonkey; 01-18-2011 at 07:28 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:46 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1709
Colonel Crow Colonel Crow Colonel Crow Colonel Crow Colonel Crow Colonel Crow Colonel Crow Colonel Crow Colonel Crow Colonel Crow Colonel Crow
My mom bought me the Basic D&D Red Box when I was 12 years old after we watched that wacky TV-movie of Rona Jaffe's novel Mazes and Monsters. I thought the game looked fascinating and she'd read the novel the movie was based on and so knew not to be worried about the anti-gaming propagandistic elements.

I read everything in that box dozens of times until I finally found a group at the local high school that was starting up an AD&D campaign, saved up some chore money for the 1st edition Player's Handbook, and have basically gone on from there. Wow, it'll be thirty years of D&D for me next year!
Old 02-01-2011, 07:10 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 235
JSteel JSteel JSteel
I was introduced to DnD by a close friend who received a basic box for Christmas one year. We both quickly grew addicted to the game and still play to this day.