Old 05-18-2018, 02:38 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 90
Haraku Saionkotsu
Greetings!

Hello everyone,

A little bit about myself, I have been playing tabletop games since 2004 when a friend of mine showed me the Players Handbook for 3.5 Dungeons and Dragons. Ironically he bought the book for it's artwork not knowing it was a game until I started flipping through the pages. Been hooked ever since!

Aside from enjoying table top games I am a bit of a Graphic Artist, Creative Writer, and I have experience in management. I am currently a Medical Biller and looking to sink my teeth back into one of my most enjoyed hobbies!!

I enjoy Dungeons and Dragons in the following preferences; 3.5, Pathfinder, 5e, and 4e. I also enjoy; Marvel Universe (MURPG), World of Darkness (New WoD), The Dresden Files, Mutants & Masterminds, Starwars Roleplaying (By Fantasy Flight), Starfinder, And Rifts.

Other hobbies and games I enjoy at the table would include; Legendary, Magic The Gathering, Arkham Horror, Force of Will, and the DBS Card Game.

I am usually up for trying new things
Old 05-18-2018, 03:12 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15365
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Goodmorning Haraku Saionkotsu,

Really curious how you came up with your username? There is a funny Dutch word in the second part but not sure if you would want to know ;-). Cool to read that you have a lot of experience and that you are an experienced writer, this play-by-post would something be right up your alley. We even have a thing called 'the Library' where you can find inspiration, read and write short stories and just get lost in time.

Have you been cruising the site yet? Spotted games you would like to start making applications for?
Anyway, most important -> welcome over here and happy gaming
Old 05-18-2018, 11:20 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6614
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Welcome to the club chummer!

Wow, that's a lot of experience right there. How much of it is over a table and how much of it is PbP? They are quite different and have their own pros and cons. Of you're new to PbP, or just a bit rusty, we have something called the new player solo game. You'll select your system, 3.5 and Pathfinder are options, and you'll be assigned your own private GM/Mentor to show you the ropes and run your first adventure with you. I can't suggest them enough!

Any experience on the other side of the table? I've had a blast GMing here. Plenty of time to craft a masterful story and just as much time for all your players to give it their all!

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you settle in!
Old 05-18-2018, 12:18 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Haraku Saionkotsu
Thank you both for the warm welcome here to RPGCrossing!

@Chocoladevla - I am not aware of the dutch word that you are speaking of but it sounds like the surname might be something bad? From the Inuyasha Anime the word Kotsu was depicted as meaning Skill/Knack and Saion is a translation of Psion from English to Japanese. The character was a noble who had been born with a "Gift" and grew up to become a Psion. I had fun creating a surname for the character as they had a "Knack" for Psionics.

@Imveros - I have played in play by post settings before on other websites. I won't list them as I am unsure of rules and potential "Advertising" that could be taken the wrong way. I have probably played over 200 hours on PbP style so I do have a bit of an idea as to how things could/should work.

I do have experience GMing and I'll be looking to do that here soon. If you are able to help with some questions, where can I find the more advanced codes for running a game? Things like making a table for characters I want to pick? Stat blocks? etc.
Old 05-18-2018, 02:35 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6614
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
There may be a guide to tables somewhere, but I've just stolen the codes from other people's posts. If you find some coding you like, simply hit the quote button, then copy paste the code elsewhere. The rest of it came from trial and error!

Here's one of my tables:

PlayerPC NameClass
Imveros Zeke LawrenceHuman Gunslinging Paladin
Eddas Thrunor Dwarven Fighter
Dig Hawken 'Hawk' Springstep Elven Rogue
Mercutio Myria Silverleaf Elven Cleric
JKevlar Baras Bludstone Human Wizard
Vaerdis Amon Alexandros Human Mesmerist
dirkothRomani Half-Elf Herald Caller

Just hit quote and you can peak under the hood!
Old 05-18-2018, 08:02 PM
DnD Grognard. Look it up.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 49642
dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth
Welcome!

Glad you joined us. Sounds like you play a little of everything, so you'll do just fine around here. And now that Choco has called attention to your name, I'll have to ask my wife what she's talking about...they share a language, so it's always handy to have a translator.

Hope you enjoy yourself here... already learning about tables, so... you are about five years ahead of me already.
Old 05-18-2018, 09:05 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Haraku Saionkotsu
@ Imveros - Much appreciated with the table code! That's going to help me quite a bit once I play around with it and get it working!

@ Dirkoth - Thank you for the welcome! I plan on having a good time with a game of my own My only translator is google and as we all know, it doesn't quite work to perfection.