RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Other Roleplaying Games > Homebrew BETA: Adventures of Blood River
twitter google facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-17-2018, 11:48 PM
Sarge6's Avatar
Sarge6 Sarge6 is offline
Old, Crusty, and Cranky
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-24-2018
RPXP: 1399
Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6
Posts: 3,406
Mira's Sweetwater Supplies

Mira had closed her shop for the day as she went scouting for various herbs for her teas, salves, and remedies. A few days earlier she received her shipment of 24 Mason Jars ($1 for 12 jars with lids) and 48 salve tubes ($1 for 24 tubes). She had already gathered 6 bottles worth of wild licorice and four bottles of Sweet clover. She had found a large supply of blackberry bushes and had her third jar filled when her hand touched an unfamiliar snout of a creature. Hot air snorted out and a growl before the creature darted from the bushes to a nearby treeline.



Wild Licorice (tea speeds up delivery times, coughs, chest pains, colds, toothaches; chewed:toothaches, sore throats, Mashed; anti-septic)

Sweet Clover (circulation, cramps, rashes, blood clots)

Paul (42)
Mira (38)
Margaret (20)
Ema Jean (12)
__________________
I'm just a Z trying to survive the world of SENORITA

Last edited by Sarge6; 05-18-2018 at 12:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-18-2018, 12:16 PM
Sarge6's Avatar
Sarge6 Sarge6 is offline
Old, Crusty, and Cranky
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-24-2018
RPXP: 1399
Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6
Posts: 3,406
Shop remedies and ingredients

More coming

Wild Licorice (tea speeds up delivery times, coughs, chest pains, colds, toothaches; chewed:toothaches, sore throats, Mashed; anti-septic)

Sweet Clover (circulation, cramps, rashes, blood clots)

Paul (42)
Mira (38)
Margaret (20)
Ema Jean (12)
__________________
I'm just a Z trying to survive the world of SENORITA
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-20-2018, 01:18 PM
Roekahs Roekahs is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-25-2018
RPXP: 1127
Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs
Posts: 765
Mira startles at the snort, but her spear is in her hand in an instant. At first the strangeness of the creatures does not register as her heartbeat pounds in her ears. The creature had retreated to a safe distance, however, and her heartbeat slowly returns to normal. That is when the realization strikes her. It wasn't a bear cub or a boar that she had found. It was something else. It seems that the beast means her no harm, but the experience has rattled Mira. She quickly gathers her things, hoists her backpack to her shoulders and departs the area still clutching the spear with white knuckles. She will have to ask around and find out if anyone else has run across a similar beast. As she walks, she tries to cement the details she can remember in her mind.
__________________
Status: Trying a new status ... something like "good to go" .... let's see how long it lasts this time
Garvyn Jerenar | GM: The Family Business
I have taken The Oath ... you should too!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-21-2018, 01:53 PM
Sarge6's Avatar
Sarge6 Sarge6 is offline
Old, Crusty, and Cranky
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-24-2018
RPXP: 1399
Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6
Posts: 3,406
Mira was quickly getting out of the area as the creature sprinted off; soon after she noticed a Crow warrior riding hard in her direction holding a rifle and making a war cry. The warrior fired his rifle and a snarling scream let out in the forest, though the crashing of branches didn't let up.
__________________
I'm just a Z trying to survive the world of SENORITA
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-22-2018, 08:31 AM
Roekahs Roekahs is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-25-2018
RPXP: 1127
Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs
Posts: 765
Mira noticed the rider but her attention was still focused on whatever creature she had stirred up, so when the crack of a rifle rang out it surprised her and she stumbled and nearly fell. She wasn't as young or agile as she had been at one time, but the athleticism that once resided in every inch of her frame hadn't abandoned her completely. The backpack was heavy and when she stumbled it shifted and wrenched at her balance, but the spear in her hands was useful for more than defense. In a motion that looked far more lithe than it felt, she planted the spear in the ground at her side and pushed hard. It was just a little harder than needed and she had to plant her right foot hard to keep from tumbling over the other way. A slight jolt shot up her leg, but it passed quickly and she gathered her feet beneath her and stood watching the rider charge after the beast. Mira shook her head. Whatever the beast was, the Indian must have tracked it and was hunting it. She felt for the beast, but at least it was an Indian chasing the creature, he would at least use everything from the beast and was not just hunting it for sport like some of her kindred would. Mira was curious what the thing was - she had been inches from it! - but it had left her alone and she had no desire to see the thing killed, so she simply watched.

With the beast scared off and a hunter on its trail, Mira glanced up at the sky. There was still time to gather a few more jars of supplies before it would be too dangerous to be out alone. She shifter her backpack and turned back toward the blackberry bushes.
__________________
Status: Trying a new status ... something like "good to go" .... let's see how long it lasts this time
Garvyn Jerenar | GM: The Family Business
I have taken The Oath ... you should too!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-22-2018, 02:03 PM
Sarge6's Avatar
Sarge6 Sarge6 is offline
Old, Crusty, and Cranky
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-24-2018
RPXP: 1399
Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6
Posts: 3,406
Mira watched the first hunter charge past her, a moment later the breeze and singing sound of a passing arrow flew past, moments later a second shot from a different direction. The three hunters converging on the same direction towards the beast. Occasionally hearing loud roars as the creature moved off in the distance.

Mira noticed the track of the creature was strange with very deep and twisting claw marks, unlike other animals the claws did not curve to pull prey closer, but straight to puncture deep wounds.
__________________
I'm just a Z trying to survive the world of SENORITA
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-22-2018, 09:31 PM
Sarge6's Avatar
Sarge6 Sarge6 is offline
Old, Crusty, and Cranky
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-24-2018
RPXP: 1399
Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6 Sarge6
Posts: 3,406
At this point go to 'Co-op Forests' thread as other players have arrived on scene.
__________________
I'm just a Z trying to survive the world of SENORITA
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:24 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2018, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB