twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 05-21-2018, 02:04 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 117
CounterBolt CounterBolt
Half-elf skald will work perfectly fine since Skald is a paizo class. I look forward to reading your app. I would follow the format of what Togot and Ysolde presented in their apps above. Those were the ideal as far as what was applied so far. RacesWild presented a good app as well, it answered everything that I required, but his presentation was not as neat as the other two.

With that said, RacesWild do not worry, I am judging this by the content not the presentation. Thanks for all the fine looking application thus far, I cannot wait to read everyone's final apps.

Last edited by CounterBolt; 05-21-2018 at 02:08 PM.
Old 05-21-2018, 02:24 PM
Glowing Warpstone

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 663
InterrogatesCats InterrogatesCats InterrogatesCats InterrogatesCats InterrogatesCats InterrogatesCats
Hey, just a couple of questions more

1. Do you want sheets with applications?

2. Are there any background requirements? (e.g: All from Sandpoint unless taking the foreigner prologue) Just wanted to know as I intended to have my character originating from the Sodden Lands
Old 05-21-2018, 02:57 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 117
CounterBolt CounterBolt
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterrogatesCats View Post
Do you want sheets with applications?
Character sheets won't be required, but are welcomed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterrogatesCats View Post
Are there any background requirements? (e.g: All from Sandpoint unless taking the foreigner prologue) Just wanted to know as I intended to have my character originating from the Sodden Lands
You must be from Sandpoint. The foreigner prologue means you belong to a family that came from the land of Tien. If you take any other prologue, you could of been born anywhere else, but must of been in Sandpoint for at least 10 years. If you choose a long life race like elf, dwarven, or gnome. You will be required to live else where besides Sandpoint since the town did not exist more than 50 years ago. Be sure to read prologues carefully some have race and age restrictions.

@InterrogatesCats
For your race and prologue. You would likely need to start the prologue at 107 years old. When the prologue ends and the adventure begins starts you'll be 112. You'll be an elf on the cusp of becoming an adult in your parents eyes. 15 years old human age nearly 16 in human age.

Last edited by CounterBolt; 05-21-2018 at 03:03 PM.
Old 05-21-2018, 04:19 PM
Glowing Warpstone

Tools
User Statistics
InterrogatesCats InterrogatesCats InterrogatesCats InterrogatesCats InterrogatesCats InterrogatesCats
I can work with that, maybe put the Ashen Corsairs idea into the 5 year gap and returning to Sandpoint at the start of the adventure. Expect the background tomorrow or wednesday
Old 05-22-2018, 03:57 AM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 57
JewelWasp
Name: Kira Deverin
Race: Human
Alignment: CN
Sin: Sloth
2nd Trait: Magical Knack
Class: Bard (Animal Speaker archetype); I expect to take the Sphere Singer prestige class later

Prologue: Herald

Background: Kira has been brought up in the small aristocracy of Sandpoint as the daughter of mayor Kendra Deverin. Her mother’s personality, expectations, and values rubbed off on her… as has the comforts of her family’s affluence. It has been made clear to Kira from an early age that she is expected to continue the family’s lineage of leaders in the village and that she needs to develop and maintain effective diplomatic relations with the townsfolk, forcing her to develop her charisma.

Kira was expected to participate in Desna worship and be active in the church, which she did out of begrudging obligation at first but evolved into great enthusiasm once she realized the value of its lessons and practices, becoming a major driving force in her life… at least up to the point of the practices becoming a burden. She never liked traveling and was much more interested in presenting herself as a good person than actually going out of her way for anyone.

But she did pick up an instrument and begin making music exemplifying Desna’s edicts, and even started studying at the Cathedral, going through some of the initial steps towards becoming clergy. Through her performances, it quickly became apparent that she held inherent arcane power, which she saw as a great tool to make her life ever easier. She’s been practicing with the sho, a wind instrument, and the lyre, as well as singing.

The strain of her (honestly pretty limited) responsibilities has been getting to her more. She started looking for escapes. Music has been ‘vital’ but not enough. Some of the friends she got to know in town playing together would get drunk or high and go do pranks on people, which was fun, but then rumors started going around about her as well as an article in the paper, taking things she said and did and spinning them wildly out of context to make her look like some menacing punk and blaming her mother, which caused lots of trouble, but more importantly drove her away from friends who she couldn’t trust any more, and forced her to find other ways to escape.

She had learned early how her music could attract the attention of animals and began practicing with rats to teach them basic tricks. She realized she could put that to use without drawing any attention by training them to find objects and chemicals to bring to her for treats. The little dears were quick learners. They couldn’t carry alcohol, but certain drugs were a different story. She did the proper research to keep away from anything too toxic or addictive or that left telling side-effects but did find a couple of mind-altering substances the rats could track down for her on a regular basis. They really seem to help her manage her life, or her anxieties about life, as she continues doing just enough work with just enough effort to maximize her long-term relaxation time, and she’s relatively content with the current situation.

Personality: The motivation Kira used to get her where she is today has been the ongoing outcome of a calculated attempt to minimize hard work and maximize enjoyment. She learned to be a bard because it was fun and easy for her. She maintained activity in her church because it’s what she was brought up in and it suits her.

It helps that things seem to come naturally enough to her AND she’s been brought up in a well-off family, so she hasn’t really been challenged. She may appear to be fitting in obediently, but that’s just a result of such behavior fitting with her central goals in life in a community that predominantly worships a chaotic god. She puts on an act to conceal her hedonistic tendencies without hassle.

Deep down, though, she really wishes she could reach the ideal of a servant of Desna, but telling herself to change has been a fruitless endeavor. It’s only advocated by one voice in her head; the others are perfectly happy with the current mental status quo.

Kira has a deep love for animals… mostly because they benefit her, though she does make any favor worth their while in the forms of treats, petting, and scratches. They’ve filled a hole in her life since being deceived by her so-called friends.

Description: Short and a bit chubby at 4'11" and 130 lbs. with brown hair that tends to change with current fashion trends in town; tends to wear purples and blacks with patterns and jewelry depicting animals, especially moths and birds and carries a starknife on her belt. She tends to come off as cheerful and friendly, but that might not come off in her eyes quite the way she intends.

A few questions I've got about the world and the rules relating to this character:
  • After I wrote this, it seemed like gluttony fits as well as sloth but both should work. Any insights?
  • It seems a bit unclear how broad the animal categories are for my archetype. If the category includes rats, would it be rodents? Just rats and mice?
  • Does ‘creatures’ include humans for the purposes of the Magical Knack trait?

Also, if I've misunderstood anything about the setting or written things that don't really fit, I'm sure it can be adapted.

Last edited by JewelWasp; 05-23-2018 at 06:34 AM.
Old 05-22-2018, 06:46 AM
The Midnight Fairy

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26701
Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena
Looks really well set up, CB!
Old 05-22-2018, 11:50 AM
Glowing Warpstone

Tools
User Statistics
Character sheet and background are up, and with that my application should be finished unless I decide to do some edits.

Last edited by InterrogatesCats; 05-22-2018 at 04:47 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-23-2018, 10:31 AM
The Bird of the Hermes

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 312
Shadesoul Shadesoul Shadesoul Shadesoul
Hey all, thought I'd through my hat in the ring, as I've wanted to play Rise of the Runelord for some time. App is still a work in progress, and I'm posting this from my phone, so all will be secret till I finish.

Old 05-23-2018, 01:08 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5772
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Quote:
@Ysolde
Everything looks great except Aasimar is not a part of the core races in pathfinder.
Switched to human.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:38 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 580
TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen
Quote:
Originally Posted by CounterBolt View Post
@TheDragonQueen
Thanks for the app. Looks good, but could you provide your warrior's name, background before the prologue, personality, and description.
Sorry about that, updated as well as sent it to your message. Thank you for reaching out via PM, it was much easier to see that.