RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder > Dig's Deadly Den > The Caelus Project
twitter google facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 05-23-2018, 04:13 AM
LarryC's Avatar
LarryC LarryC is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-25-2018
RPXP: 168
LarryC LarryC
Posts: 185
John unbuckled from his chair and stood up, his body ached but he wasn't hurt as far as he could tell, "sure thing Ray, I'll see what I can do," John walks upto the science station and tries to see what was going on outside but nothing seems to be working, "I think the computers are down Ray, I'll have to do this the old fashioned way," opening up the front visor
Dice Knowledge: Physical Sciencies:
1d20+12 (20)+12 Total = 32
John attempts to identify where they are by looking at the stars.

John Maddox
left-aligned image

Male, Mathematics
AC: 15 ♦ HP: 36/36 ♦ Initiative: 2 ♦ Status: Alive
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Melee: Fists (1D3+0)
Ranged: USG Killtazer 2000 (2D6+0 Stun 1D3) ♦ Range: 40♦ AMMO: 40/40
Expendables: ?/?/?
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-23-2018, 08:48 AM
Ghost6442's Avatar
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 is offline
Spectral Cookie Master
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-25-2018
RPXP: 1471
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442
Posts: 2,725
Leona Rose Smith
left-aligned image

FEMALE BIOLOGICAL (doctor)
AC: 17 ♦ HP: 40/40 ♦ Initiative: ? ♦ Status: Hurt
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Melee: Fists +3 (1d3+0)
Ranged: USG Killtazer 2000 +4 (2d6+0 stun 1d3) ♦ Range: 40 ♦ AMMO: 20/20
Expendables: ?/?/?

ICGroggy Leona blinks at Alpha. He said somethings, she stared at him blankly. Then sensation and focus came creeping back, prompting her to glare at him and release herself from the restraints. heal thyself? HEAL Thyself? She almost growled out loud as she starts to hobble her way towards the medibay. "Spare me your Asinine Advice, Mr Freeman. Have you seen the captain? Where did that mechanical dunderhead drag her off to?" She chides, changing course to go look.
__________________
I have time...
Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science!
Dr Leona Rose Smith, Rix, Sir Elmendarr Kitsumari
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-23-2018, 09:13 AM
thecypherprotocol thecypherprotocol is offline
Very Young Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-23-2018
RPXP: 112
thecypherprotocol thecypherprotocol
Posts: 14
Time.

Not as we know, but in general relativity is malleable. Meaning, manipulable enough to be influenced by external stimuli.

The very forces of the cosmos had swallowed them whole and in that moment who knows what really happened. It was impossible to decipher due to the very limitations of known science. That and passing out was no help either. He figured once the ship had caught them in the corona of the Singularity (The middle point where time becomes infinite) that whom really would know what would happen to them. Apparently the Commander and Pilot felt their instincts would lead them out of this unscathed.

Perhaps A lesson learned from the experience was to accept the notion that fate and hope were to be a ally of this crew. It was still hard concept for the man of science to comprehend as he woke up from his galactic induced slumber. His hands immediately went for his harness, ejecting the safety switch off his chest as he let more of that needed consciousness come to bare as he looked about the bridge.

Mr. Maddox appeared to be awake and equally assessing the situation, While the Pilot was taking care to the Doctor Smith and assuming command. Tam heard the comment about his beard. The physical response given to Ray would be that of the latter expectation of the pilot. Deadpan. To the Doctor, he was very much processing the experience much like a Scientist would, not a Adrenaline seeking junkie on a crash course into the unknown.

Mr. Freeman Doctor Tam said with a controlled middle eastern accent, which lent to his demeanor of rigid control Does your maladaptive coping mechanism He said as he stood and began to input his credentials now to assume control of the science station Help your frustrations in that his hands danced on the GUI with ease of practice as he kept his serious demeanor in his statement while
Dice Roll:
d20 1
Attempting to access critical systems as well as life support to get a assessment
You'll never be able to grow such a beard? Did the doctor just make a joke? couldn't really tell with his ability to keep calm right now. Given the nature of the last few weeks, this was far from normal happenings in his life.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-23-2018, 12:16 PM
Digorig's Avatar
Digorig Digorig is offline
Killing PC's Since 2005
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-25-2018
RPXP: 26418
Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig
Posts: 22,549
Current Data
left-aligned image

Chapter I: That's not good
Location: On Board Caelus VII - In the Pegasus Galaxy
Star Date: 00013
Time: 1800
Environment: Space – Adrift


Three more hours passed as four of the six crew members went to work. Ray passed out some orders before returning to his station and trying to keep the ship stable.

John is conscious next and uninjured. He follows Ray's order to try and to figure out their location. His first challenge is to just see where they are. Thinking it's a computer problem he checks and finds that the cameras outside that provide the view-port image are offline. It takes him some time but he manages to get ONE working. The others appear damaged and will require someone to go outside the ship to repair or replace them.

However, one is enough to see. John studies the configuration of the stars and consults several computer records. The star system is not familiar at all, and John knows a lot about stars. It takes him several hours, but K: P. Science: 32 (Nat 20)he finally has a best guess. They are in the Pegasus Galaxy, nearly a million light years from their intended destination.

The next to return to a cognitive state is Dr. Smith. She suffered some minor cuts and bruises from the ordeal. Ray's orders do not sit well with the Doctor who replies to the Pilot before going off to find the Captain.


Dr. Zhia Tam is also now alert and Ray gives him orders to check on the life support system. After his own retort to Alpha about his beard, Zhia goes to the task. After spending hours going over the system from bit his computer station and a physical inspection, Dr. Tam finds no problems; PC Skill roll: 1 (nat 1)life support is working just fine.

Soon, Charlotte wakes up, as does Miya.

Ship and Crew Status
Ray Freeman – Conscious, Hurt
Dr. Leona Rose Smith – Awake, Hurt
John Maddox - Awake, uninjured
Dr. Zhia Tam - Awake, uninjured
Charlotte Sinclair – Awake, Hurt
Miya Rodgers - Awake, Uninjured
All Engines: Offline
Life Support: Functional
Damage Shields: Offline, Damaged
Ship Integrity: Normal


OODM Thanks to everyone for posting correctly! Everyone is now awake and can post as you wish.


♦ PC/NPC Status ♦
INIT TOKEN NAME ROLE DEF HP
xx
Charlotte (Badger) Commander 13 13/20
xx
Ray (Drach) Pilot 25 36/40
xx
Leona (Ghost) Doctor 17 35/40
xx
Miya (Dragon) Engineer 13 43/43
xx
Zhia (cypher) Biologist 14 40/40
xx
John (LarryC) Mathematician 15 36/36
xx
The Robot (Charlotte) NPC 30 130/130
__________________
New Here? Try a New Player Solo Game Systems: 3.5e, PF, 4e, 5e & 13th age.
Free Maps Get a custom Map Take the Oath The RPGx Sourcebook
Status 5/1/18: Busy
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-23-2018, 12:44 PM
TheDragonQueen's Avatar
TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen is online now
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-25-2018
RPXP: 580
TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen
Posts: 518
"Ow...my head" Miya had strapped herself into her seat right before everything went dark. She didn't remember much after that, other than her body slamming back and her head feeling like someone whiplashed her.

She unclicked her safety harness and scrambled on the floor for the comm. She found it among some panels that belonged connected to machines not against the floor, as she fumbled for the button to speak, "Someone destroyed my engine room...I need to have some words with whomever did it. Is there a manager of the wormhole I can file a complaint?"

As her head stopped being fuzzy she quickly added, "Oh right, is everyone okay? Where the heck are we?"

She
Dice Spot:
1d20-1 (5)-1 Total = 4
checked around the room to see if there was any drastic damage to her engine, and her
Dice Computer Use:
1d20+12 (12)+12 Total = 24
computer to see just how much work she had to do to get it back up and running

Miya Rodgers
left-aligned image

Female and Engineer
AC: 19 ♦ HP: 43/43 ♦ Initiative: +3 ♦ Status: Fine
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Melee: 1d20+3
Ranged: USG Killtzaer 1d20+7 ♦ Range: 40 ♦ AMMO: 20/20 (2 batteries) ♦ DMG: 2D6/Stun: 1d3 rounds
Colt M1911 (.45 autoloader) ♦ Range: 30 ♦ AMMO: 7/7 (40 total) ♦ DMG: 2d6
Expendables:
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-23-2018, 03:58 PM
NotAHoneyBadger's Avatar
NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger is offline
Very Old Badger
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-25-2018
RPXP: 1169
NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger
Posts: 628
Charlotte "Charlie" Sinclair Finally, Charlie wakes from her nightmare.


She is back on earth, lying in her familiar, soft, warm bed. Sunlight streams in through the windows to illuminate a polished bedroom with noonday rays. Charlie slides out of the tangled, sweat-stained sheets that were ravaged by her tormented dreams. Her bare feet touch the sun-warmed wooden floors, and Charlotte momentarily appreciates the simple comfort one can receive from such slight sensations. A familiar bed, a warm floor, even just rays of light in a clean room... "Home."

Judging from faint sounds coming from outside the door, maids are already cleaning her floor. They had probably already skipped Charlie's room, letting her sleep in. "Better get out of their way." One bathrobe later, Charlie is decent enough to go downstairs to the kitchen and acquire another simple comfort. Food.

"Good morning, Stephen."

Charlotte waves sleepily at the chef, who pours a cup of hot tea and hands it to her, quipping, "That's 'good afternoon,' you mean. Not like you to sleep in, kid." Then he opens an oven and pulls out a warm plate of eggs, sausage, and toast on it. "Saved you a plate of breakfast."

"Ah. Thank you very much." Charlie eagerly takes the plate with a faint smile that the intended recipient fails to notice. Charlotte doesn't realize, but he takes offense, thinking that she didn't appreciate his kind gesture. Unaware of his hurt feelings, she proceeds to the dining room to eat in polite solitude.

"Hey kid, you're forgetting something," Stephen calls after her.

Charlie turns around to ask what he means, but the chef preempts her question by pointing towards the window.

"If you go outside, kid, you'll get sucked out."

Charlotte whips around to look out the window, only to find a black void filled with tiny dots of burning gas, all trillions of miles away. She turns back toward Stephen, who shrugs his shoulders.

"Sorry kid. I really wish you could stay."



Charlie returns to her nightmare.

She is lying on the deck, sore and covered in bruises. The robot is crouched over her, motionless, its face even more expressionless and lifeless than her own. She attempts, in vain, to summon the voice to command it to get off of her. Even her lungs feel sore.

"I wish I could have stayed, too."

Charlotte rolls her head to the other side, groggily peering down the hallway. Luckily, Leona is already moving towards her. "How fortuitous. Just the woman I need to see." The Robot finally gets off of Charlie and orders the doctor to help her. Charlie tries to put the request in more polite terms, but her voice is hoarse and barely a whisper.

"Could... y-you... please..."

She rolls over and begins the painful process of standing, then gives up attempting alone. Instead, Charlie coughs and speaks into her comm. "Is... everyone... safe?" The words are slow, quiet, and labored, but her breath is returning. "Please... be safe..."

Charlotte "Charlie" Sinclair
left-aligned image

Female Leader
AC: 13 ♦ HP: 13/20 ♦ Initiative: +3 ♦ Status: Hurt
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Melee: Pistol Whip +5 (1d4+1)
Ranged: Killtazer +7 (2d6) ♦ Range: 40'/400' ♦ AMMO: 20/20
Expendables: X/X/X
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 05-24-2018, 01:27 PM
LarryC's Avatar
LarryC LarryC is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-25-2018
RPXP: 168
LarryC LarryC
Posts: 185
Approaching Charlie "Captain can I talk to you in private," John led her into the lab away from the others, "I wanted to tell you this in private as not to panic the crew but I've found where we ended up," pointing to a computer screen "this is where we encountered Beowulf and this is where we are," the map on the screen zooms far out "I'm sorry to say this but we've been thrown nearly a million light years from our previous location, not only that but our external cameras are offline, so detecting anymore dangerous anomolies is going to be extremely difficult, someone needs to go outside and manually repair or replace them."

John gave Charlie a moment to process what he just told her.

John Maddox
left-aligned image

Male, Mathematics
AC: 15 ♦ HP: 36/36 ♦ Initiative: 2 ♦ Status: Alive
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Melee: Fists (1D3+0)
Ranged: USG Killtazer 2000 (2D6+0 Stun 1D3) ♦ Range: 40♦ AMMO: 40/40
Expendables: ?/?/?
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 05-24-2018, 04:13 PM
Digorig's Avatar
Digorig Digorig is offline
Killing PC's Since 2005
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-25-2018
RPXP: 26418
Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig
Posts: 22,549
OODMThe Robot, Dr. Smith, John and the commander are now together in the crew common area. Miya is in Engineering, everyone else is on the Bridge.


__________________
New Here? Try a New Player Solo Game Systems: 3.5e, PF, 4e, 5e & 13th age.
Free Maps Get a custom Map Take the Oath The RPGx Sourcebook
Status 5/1/18: Busy

Last edited by Digorig; 05-24-2018 at 04:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 05-24-2018, 07:13 PM
Ghost6442's Avatar
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 is offline
Spectral Cookie Master
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-25-2018
RPXP: 1471
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442
Posts: 2,725
Leona Rose Smith
left-aligned image

FEMALE BIOLOGICAL (doctor)
AC: 17 ♦ HP: 40/40 ♦ Initiative: ? ♦ Status: Hurt
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Melee: Fists +3 (1d3+0)
Ranged: USG Killtazer 2000 +4 (2d6+0 stun 1d3) ♦ Range: 40 ♦ AMMO: 20/20
Expendables: ?/?/?

ICLeona glares at the robot, if fact she just felt like glaring at everything in general. She hurt, but her priorities were to to fellows and those she had seen were fine, perhaps too fine. The captain looked pretty banged up, "What have you done you mechanical monstrosity?" She asked in responce to the Robot's 'command' and then John showed up Captain can I talk to you in private? "No you may not! You will speak to her while I am present or once I have given her a bill of clear health and not before." She raises her voice scowling at him before
Dice Treat Injury:
1d20+13 (13)+13 Total = 26
examining the captain.
__________________
I have time...
Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science!
Dr Leona Rose Smith, Rix, Sir Elmendarr Kitsumari
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 05-24-2018, 08:47 PM
TheDragonQueen's Avatar
TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen is online now
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-25-2018
RPXP: 580
TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen
Posts: 518
Hearing the captain's voice put her at ease, a little bit, but no one else responded. She rubbed her head, grabbed her comm link and her tools, and decided it was time to take a trip to see what was going on. Being in the dark sucked, and the engine needed fixed, but until she knew if everyone else was okay and the ship was worth saving she would discuss it with them in person.

The once tip top ship looked banged up, the lights off, her computer showing her everything that was offline, and she sighed as she pushed her way past the arguing doctor, the captain, the robot, and John. She didn't want to touch that with a ten foot pool so she walked into the bridge to see what was going on, "Hey Alpha," she nodded to him then looked over at Dr. Tam, "Hey Dr. Tam, you both okay? Figured it'd be easier to come up here to talk then it would be to talk through comms...usually I love the "silence" of the engine room, but right now...doesn't feel right. It's too quite, and it's going to take some work to get it back up and running."

She glanced at the screen and clacked on a few buttons,
Dice Computer Use:
1d20+11 (20)+11 Total = 31
testing the ship for capabilities and necessary fixes, to try to make a to do list of what had to be done in order of severity and we're going to die if we don't fix this.

Miya Rodgers
left-aligned image

Female and Engineer
AC: 19 ♦ HP: 43/43 ♦ Initiative: +3 ♦ Status: Fine
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Melee: 1d20+3
Ranged: USG Killtzaer 1d20+7 ♦ Range: 40 ♦ AMMO: 20/20 (2 batteries) ♦ DMG: 2D6/Stun: 1d3 rounds
Colt M1911 (.45 autoloader) ♦ Range: 30 ♦ AMMO: 7/7 (40 total) ♦ DMG: 2d6
Expendables:
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:27 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2018, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB