RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 06-05-2019, 10:06 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1287
Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKinister View Post
Wow! Talk about a physical powerhouse for PL 9. Phenomenal strength and resilience. Fortunately this is counter-weighed out by the fact that she won't hit as often, unless she balances it down.

Nice build.
That's actually the idea - She isn't graceful or eloquent in her attacks, but when a hit does connect, it stays hit! :3 And serving as a cover for others, hence Interpose. If there's any tweaks it could use or suggestions for it or the like, I'd be happy to hear them - Apparently she has two points left, hahah.
Old 06-07-2019, 12:24 AM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 282
MrKinister MrKinister MrKinister
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdant Glitter View Post
That's actually the idea - She isn't graceful or eloquent in her attacks, but when a hit does connect, it stays hit! :3 And serving as a cover for others, hence Interpose. If there's any tweaks it could use or suggestions for it or the like, I'd be happy to hear them - Apparently she has two points left, hahah.
I don't think I have much more to add. She's a great build. I think she would fit real well into a "Van Helsing/League of Extraordinary Gentlemen"-themed game, with her inability to talk and her "otherwordly monsterhood". Her description also seems to vaguely hint at a turn of the century sort of examination and sensibilities, but this may just be my bias.

I can't recommend anything else. =)

"Life doesn't give you purpose. You give live purpose." - The Flash
Old 06-07-2019, 12:28 AM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Feedback for Titan

Titan

Nice simple background with a bit of guilt on the power origin. Uncommon, but not unheard of. Will give Titan a reason to strive to prove his worth to himself. Whether he's open to it or not only time can tell.

The concept is a fine one, and huge heroes are rare but a stape of comic books, well, older comic books anyway. You don't see them as much today.

Pros:
Huge Size makes for a huge target, drawing attention and effectively making him a tank. Pretty good addition to any team. Immunity to Fire and Radiation is unique, and good pluses. Mobility is good with Leaping 8 and Speed 6. Nothing's gonna stop that mountain. Not even Mohammed. =)

Needless to say, the massive Strength and overwhelming Stamina/Toughness make for a character that is very hard to take down.

The character design is relatively simple. Massive STR with some STR based tricks. The Shockwave makes sense, the Blast left me scratching my head a bit, but sure, why not. Just because I am not familiar with a concept does not mean it's wrong. =)

Light on skills, other than what the Growth effect provides, but that's ok. He's supposed to be a bit "unsophisticated".

Cons:
Huge size. Won't be able to fit into regular apartments, will have to have most things custom built for him. This is mostly an RP con, as superhero stories just hand-wave all that stuff away anyway. Good potential for comedic situations, specially when roleplaying regular interactions or romantic situations. Might turn out tragic, though. =)

Mechanical Errors:
There are a few errors in the balancing, in particular because the power options were probably defaulted to PL 10, instead of 9. I am not doing a full numbers analysis mostly because I am out of time today, and need to pick characters.

There is one major error in the interaction of feats and powers: Defenses cannot go below 0. This means maneuvers which rely on dropping defenses to increase Attack or Effect values will not be able to do so if there are no Defenses to lower. At full Growth, a Defense of 0 cannot effectively use a Power Attack to make any difference. A rebalancing will have to be done here to take into account how much Growth lowers defenses and what the desired Attack/Defense/Effect balance point will be when using the combat balance feats.

The same thing applies here as it applied to Battalion, but stronger: with defenses down to 0, anyone can hit him without rolling an Attack roll because a 0 Defense allows for a routine Attack check. Something to take into consideration.

Special Note: Immunity to Fatigue is only effective to Fatigue caused by external means (attacks, afflictions, transforms, etc). Being able to avoid one's own fatigue is not recommended as a character can then act twice as fast every turn, being able to take Extra Effort without ever paying the Fatigue price. It also invalidates any "Tiring" flaws taken. They aren't flaws if you don't get fatigued. Just an FYI.

All perfectly understandable with a lack of inexperience with the system, and all easily remedied with a little guidance and explanation.

Overall:
Great character. At full power can probably lift a whole city (comic book physics being what they are). Good personality, great add to any team. Will easily cosplay as Godzilla in any convention. =)

Edit: made a mistake on Power Attack. Miss-remembered that it exchanges Attack and Effect, not Attack and Defense. My bad. However, the error remains: a power cannot bring down Defenses below 0. Balance considerations remain.

Last edited by MrKinister; 06-07-2019 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Errors on my side
Old 06-07-2019, 03:22 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 255
Draidden Draidden Draidden
Quote:
The Shockwave makes sense, the Blast left me scratching my head a bit, but sure, why not. Just because I am not familiar with a concept does not mean it's wrong. =)
Yeah, it was part of the random rolling for character build. I kept it because it gives him a chance in desperate situations to make a ranged attack and try to take out a bad guy.

Quote:
There is one major error in the interaction of feats and powers: Defenses cannot go below 0. This means maneuvers which rely on dropping defenses to increase Attack or Effect values will not be able to do so if there are no Defenses to lower. At full Growth, a Defense of 0 cannot effectively use a Power Attack to make any difference. A rebalancing will have to be done here to take into account how much Growth lowers defenses and what the desired Attack/Defense/Effect balance point will be when using the combat balance feats.
Good catch. Thinking that over I will change All out Attack to Defensive Attack. That way it is useful, especially in giant mode.

Quote:
Special Note: Immunity to Fatigue is only effective to Fatigue caused by external means (attacks, afflictions, transforms, etc). Being able to avoid one's own fatigue is not recommended as a character can then act twice as fast every turn, being able to take Extra Effort without ever paying the Fatigue price. It also invalidates any "Tiring" flaws taken. They aren't flaws if you don't get fatigued. Just an FYI.
I kind of assumed that. Mostly was so that others could not cause him to be fatigued with their powers.
Old 06-07-2019, 08:15 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Alright everyone,

After a lot wrangling I would like to extend an invitation to the Silver Guardians to

- SalmonMax's "Chimera"
- Chubbyninja29's "Dr. DAN"
- Golani's "Thresher"

Please go ahead and copy your character sheets to the current roster thread in the Silver Guardians game.

Thank you to everyone who participated. =)

(Send me a message if you wish to be added to the "reserve" list in case there are more openings.)

Old 06-07-2019, 09:43 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 679
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
Thanks!
Old 06-07-2019, 10:28 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1287
Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter
Congratulations to the victorious! :3 Have fun with the super-heroic antics!
Old 06-07-2019, 11:04 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 981
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Congrats!
Old 06-07-2019, 11:38 PM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10157
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Congrats everyone. Love the concepts and background writeups for those that got it. Well done.
Old 06-08-2019, 07:56 PM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
BrenanaBread
Congrats!!!