twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 06-11-2019, 08:43 PM
Deepweed Matrix Hacker

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 191
Nstol Nstol
I watched some kids playing AD&D at summer camp and was hooked.
I didn't get to play much but I learned to roll up my own characters and was in the Rulebooks whenever they werent using them.
Fiend Folio was a work of art!
Old 06-13-2019, 03:53 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 376
LtTibbles LtTibbles LtTibbles LtTibbles
It's embarrassing but the Dungeons & Dragons Movie (2000) DVD my babysitter had. I watched the behind the scenes extras where someone was explaining what the game actually was and I bought the 3.5 starter set right after and forced my younger siblings to play with me.
Old 06-15-2019, 08:58 PM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
SuzukiStumpy SuzukiStumpy
For me, it was a natural progression from the old Fighting Fantasy Gamebooks. There were a bunch of us at school who used to play through them, then one day I stumbled across the old D&D Red Box set in a branch of W.H.Smiths (a newsagent/bookstore in the UK for those who don't know). Picked that up and ... then never played it.

However, it did prompt one of my friends to start looking at the original Traveler books, so we had a quite active campaign running for a couple of years before moving off to Uni. By that time, I'd discovered AD&D and the University Role Players Society, so managed to find a seat at a table there for a number of years playing in an entirely homebrew campaign setting.
Old 06-19-2019, 06:26 PM
Anointed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3199
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
It was 1989(i think), and I was in junior high when a kid in my class that I rarely spoke too came up to me and said "I see you reading books all the time. Here." He gave me the Red D&D Box that was in bad shape and some worn down dice.

For nearly a month, my brother, myself, and two friends played the game in Study Hall until the teacher banned us from playing it because we were making too much noise. I still got that box and the dice somewhere in my house. Had to use Duct Tape to hold the box together.

POSTING STATUS: Sunday-Wensday: Normal, Thursday: Questionable, Friday & Saturday: Limited Posting.
Old 06-21-2019, 12:51 PM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 52
Bruja
I was roped into a short-lived campaign in my senior year of high school. It dissolved because members of the group (a lot of them previously strangers brought together by the DM) hated each other too much for the game to be any fun.