Old 06-12-2019, 02:02 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 91
teotsal
Hi, completely new

Hey there,
I am completely new to the RPG scene and decided to give it a shot; maybe I'll like it, maybe I won't. I have no clue what all the acronyms I see in the forums are so I hope I get cut some slack haha. Anyways, I hope I have fun in here despite my zero experience and knowledge of PBP's and RPG's in general.
Old 06-12-2019, 02:23 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19725
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Goodmorning,

- Talking about acronyms, what does your name mean???? I am expecting a boardgame to be delivered this week that is called Teotihuacan so maybe your username comes from that game????? ;-) -
Anyway, being new, zero experience and no knowledge is no problem to start having fun. We all had to start somewhere and this place could be the perfect place for you. Just a few starters-question, have you decided on what mechanics or system to roleplay you want to use yet? Do you know what to choose from and what's out there? (do you have friends or family that play?)

Do you own any books or do you know where the free information is to be found?
Besides all of that I want to welcome you over here, feel free to ask questions and we will try and help you out
Old 06-12-2019, 02:37 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
teotsal
Thank you!

It's a part of my first name and last name merged together haha. I've been using this user since I was little.
Oh man (or woman), I don't have a clue about the systems. I'm guessing some of the options are the 3.5e,5e, and some other things that I don't remember? I don't possess any role playing books and generally have had no interaction with the subject whatsoever. Neither has anyone I know. I'm just at a loss in general, but thank you for your helping hand!
Old 06-12-2019, 02:55 AM
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2730
Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald
Well, there's plenty of free resources for starters that are released by publishers. Depending on the system that you're looking for, you can probably find free and legal pdfs from said publishers.

For example, my favorite system, Earthdawn, has a starter kit for free from their web store, found here.

Other systems and their quick start guides can be found via simple google searches.

Welcome to the Crossing!
Old 06-12-2019, 03:11 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
teotsal
Thanks for the help!
Old 06-12-2019, 08:54 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15051
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Welcome to the club chummer!

I see you've already signed up for the new player solo game, Bravo! I can't recommend them to you highly enough. There's no better way to learn the ropes.

The new player solo game area also has lots of great guides on how to roleplay, how to do play by post, and general tips and tricks.

Beyond that we have more than just PbP. We have advice sections for both players and GMs. We have more forum games than you can shake a stick at. We even have a dedicated creative writing wing called the library.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you settle in!
<<Update >> Schedule is completely borked with no resolution in sight. I will be transitioning to mobile updates on breaks at work. I apologise in advance for any drop in post quality! Please poke me if I've missed anything, it's hard to stay as organized on mobile ~_~
Old 06-12-2019, 12:34 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
teotsal
Thank you!
Yeah, I mean I read every advice I could take from the introductory PM and forums and they all lead up to that game so might as well. It seems like a really cool concept though. This site definitely is really begginer friendly which I like a lot (duh). So keep on going!
Old 06-12-2019, 05:30 PM
The Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 56792
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
welcome!

glad you took a chance and joined us. I like to think we are newbie friendly, we were all new at one time. Even me!

Happy gaming!
Old 06-12-2019, 11:11 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1053
Mack Mack Mack Mack Mack Mack Mack Mack
Welcome to the site. This site is great to newbies. I would recommend joining a solo game here to get used to the way the site works.