RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 05-10-2016, 09:56 PM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35995
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
For those of you that are reading back a few pages at prior apps and Q and As, please note that the team is currently in the modern day U.S. as of the current Act.

Last edited by zevonian; 05-10-2016 at 09:56 PM.
Old 05-11-2016, 12:25 AM
---ALL HEART---

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2292
Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer
All your base are belong to us ---- posting interest ---- Standby for transmission
Old 05-11-2016, 12:05 PM
Howling at the Moon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3911
Xber Xber Xber Xber Xber Xber Xber Xber Xber Xber Xber
Wow this speaks to me in so many levels. I am posting interest and will conjure up a proper application sooner rather than later.

To be honest, studying theoretical physics myself in real life, this drew me on title alone. Once I read through the advertisement though I was sold. I haven't played Fate before so I may be a little rough on the edges mechanics wise but reading through your links it generally seems pretty straightforward and emphasising in rp just as I like it.

One question if I may: Do you wish us to pm you a short simple answer to the question posted in the add or do you wish to read a complete post from the perspective of our prospective character? I was at first inclined on writing a full fledged post yet I am not sure that is what you are looking for and in that case I wouldn't want to put you through the effort merit of my enthusiasm alone.

Last edited by Xber; 05-11-2016 at 12:14 PM.
Old 05-11-2016, 12:25 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13150
ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna
Either way will work but from experience I can assure you that Sav prefers a full post with Real World references. As much realism as you can add to the fantastic nature of our game settings.
Old 05-11-2016, 01:39 PM
Howling at the Moon

Tools
User Statistics
Thank you that is my preference as well. I will be reviewing this a bit to make sure it's perfect over the next day or two. Also as I have said I am new in the system so in case I screwed up somehow please let me know. I understand that some aspects you generate through interaction with the rest of the group thus I left them open for now. I will work on some stunts probably as well although I am mulling this over tbh and I gather it is ok to address it later if my app Is selected? Anyway here we go.

Application
right-aligned image
Ying Mei Lin
High Aspect: Genius physicist with an interest in fringe science.
High Trouble: Obsessive, occasionally bordering compulsive behavior.

Physical: 3; Mental: 4; Fate: 3; Scale: Medium; Consequences: 3

Skills: +4 Physical Sciences; +3 Time FX, Will; +2 Fight, Athletics, Dimension FX ; +1 Life Sciences, Physique, Investigate, Technical Sciences.

Aspects: FX Aspect Spacetime can be bent, -, -.

Stunts: Time FX Stunt Hasten, The laws of physics are absolute. Mei understands how the world works and the laws that govern it. She can use Physical Sciences in place of Investigate to Create an Advantage. Isotropic Multiverse, When Mei.is utilizing her martial arts training to Fight unarmed she gains a +2 bonus to Attack provided she has knowledge of her opponent's general anatomy and physique.Pressure Points

Background: Ying Mei Lin, or simply Mei, was born in a wealthy chinese family 27 years ago. From an early age she was distinguished as a gifted youth, with an abnormally high IQ of 196. Her family, raised her to be exceptional in every way, including a traditional education and training in Wushu, Fu Jow Pai, Hei Hu Quanmartial arts, calligraphy and proper etiquette. However by the time she hit puberty she was quickly pulled into the world of theoretical and experimental physics. She even came to work in the Tsinghua University in Beijing as a lead researcher in fields related to relativistic quantum mechanics and the M-theory.

That was until she begun focusing her research in the Multiverse, cosmic inflation theories and the possibility of bending the fabric of spacetime. She spent 6 long years following what everyone thought was a dead field of study, conducting dangerous experiments -some of which would later prove to be successful- even on herself. Given her already obsessive behavior as well as the fact her superiors weren't inclined to support her claims and goals, Mei quickly descended from a respected scholar to a thorn in the side of the local scientific community. She was fired from the university, stripped of ber budget and funds and branded an outcast. She was even kicked out of her home with her parents ashamed of the disgrace the once upon a time pride of the family had cast upon them.

Mei however, true to her convictions, didn't give up. She fled to the United States where shortly after arriving in South Carolina, she discovered, to her amazement and horror that indeed her past experiments did bear fruit, enabling her to manipulate the fabric of spacetime up to a small degree. She found herself being able to slightly alter the quantum phase of her subatomic particles, enabling her to act faster, swifter and more efficiently. She could also read into the fourth dimensional spacetime grasping it's ebb and flow in a way most people are unable to. Eager to secure funds in an attempt to furthering her research, Mei applied for a job to the newly founded Charleston branch of the Hoffman Institute for the Advancement of Man. Boy did she hit the nail in the head this time...

Last edited by Xber; 05-13-2016 at 04:48 PM.
Old 05-11-2016, 06:59 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7763
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xber View Post
One question if I may: Do you wish us to pm you a short simple answer to the question posted in the add or do you wish to read a complete post from the perspective of our prospective character? ....
Short and simple is just fine on the question.
ogamodyna's giving good advice

Last edited by savoylen; 05-11-2016 at 06:59 PM.
Old 05-11-2016, 10:17 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13150
ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna
A cuter Asian version of Buckaroo Banzai?
Old 05-11-2016, 11:11 PM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35995
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
@Xber: I'm going to suggest you try to define what all your Time FX can do, or at least what all the character's done with it so far. Just saying "Spacetime can be bent" as is might be a tough sell for some of the current team, given what all what they've been through.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:19 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Quote:
Originally Posted by zevonian View Post
@Xber: I'm going to suggest you try to define what all your Time FX can do, or at least what all the character's done with it so far. Just saying "Spacetime can be bent" as is might be a tough sell for some of the current team, given what all what they've been through.
I've beefed up the Time FX description a bit better to help with that. Its a very cool FX but needs some bounding.

Remember, you get all the trappings as part of the FX skill, and the stunts you add as you would any other stunt.
Old 05-12-2016, 02:47 AM
---ALL HEART---

Tools
User Statistics
Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer
Application
right-aligned image
H. Gideon Wells
High Aspect: Transcendent Troubleshooter Looking for a Fateful Fix
High Trouble: In Over My Head (Attempting to fix things --- to his perspective --- Wells often finds himself in situations that might not turn out for the best. Which leads him to try and fix that).

Physical: 2; Mental: 3; Fate: 3; Scale: Medium; Consequences: 3

Skills: +4 Fate FX; +3 Shoot, Technical Science; +2 Computers, Deceive, Notice; +1 Fight, Investigate, Lore, Will.

Aspects: -, -, -.

Stunts: The universe loves a clown. Gain +2 to using Fate FX when describing a ridiculous chain of events. Fools Own Luck, -, -.

Background: Wells was just a natural born troubleshooter. Put him up against a problem (aka trouble) and he was bound to find a fix for it. Especially if the trouble was of his own making. Flunked out of college for excessive partying? Join the Air Force! There you can learn all kinds of nifty technical science applications and how to troubleshoot them for a great career. Tired of military life? Join the private sector. Crunched in the job market? Pick up a few odd jobs and new trades to keep you afloat.

A path almost exactly like that led Wells to become a fairly successful speculative fiction author. That is until research into conspiracy theories led him to become "awakened" while tracking down leads into Transhuman DNA Modification and "Alien" Hybrids. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CRSP3, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB-UUphQLVQ) Now has exposure to an unknown artifact while pursuing a Grand Unified Conspiracy Theory changed his luck and maybe his fate? No problem. The fix: The Hoffmann Institute.

Last edited by Classic Gamer; 05-16-2016 at 10:57 AM.
Old 05-12-2016, 03:24 AM
Howling at the Moon

Tools
User Statistics
@ zevonian, savoylen

I am certainly willing to set boundaries. To be honest I wasn't actually sure what Time FX or Dimensions FX trappings or stunts each did exactly. I am not trying to break boundaries or something I just went along with the character feel. I also saw how one of the members already had Dimensions FX and decided to highlight Time a little more to avoid overlap.

I was thinking of adding a single stunt from the Time FX list along with the two from my regular skills. Was considering hasten initially yet I was hoping to clarify what the rest can do as well more or less in case any of it was a better match for the character. I am not however in any way trying to break the game I will be happily subjected to any restrictions you would want me to as per your instructions. I am all about the feel not the power.

Lastly I simply named the aspect Spacetime can be bent because again it was giving off the right vibe and after reading Sevoylen's instructions and suggestions in the house rules thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoylen
FX Aspects
FX Aspects tell you what kind of FX you've got, where it comes from, and what it looks like. You don't have to use the names actually, but they can look something like, Urban Wizard of the Ninth Ward, Ruff and Ready Runepriest , and MindNinja in Business Suit. This aspect is your 'cost' for an FX.
Did I do this the wrong way?

Edit: I added some descriptive text in my background to address what her time FX does at this point. Still not sure what hasten does mechanically but sounds a nice effect that fits well so I picked it up as a stunt. It's not like I planned her to do anything outrageous anyway. However I am still uncertain how the aspect should be phrased differently or where the problem lies with the current phrasing. Please let me know. Also I did my best to make proper stunts drawing from the rules in the link provided in the add and samples from current players but being my first time let me know if the are not well made and in need of corrections. I am happy to work anything out as needed to suit the team and the level of the game. It is hard to balance everything properly without playtesting so I will humbly rely on your experience.

@ogamodyna
Buckaroo Banzai! Hahaha good one haven't thought of that!

Last edited by Xber; 05-12-2016 at 07:59 AM.
Old 05-12-2016, 04:09 AM
---ALL HEART---

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoylen View Post
Max # Players: 8
So can you take us both?
Old 05-12-2016, 06:03 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Hummm.... lets see how it goes! I have to admit, I'm loving what I'm see'n so far!!

@Xber;Classic Gamer:: Starting out Apex skill is +3+4. You'll need to build your skill pyramide from there. No need to change anything now, just be thinking about it as that will be an adjustment you'll need to make if/when recruited.

@Xber - I've received your "quiz", congratulations on an excellent response. You're application is now complete. You may be contacted soon for an interview!

Last edited by savoylen; 05-12-2016 at 08:07 PM.
Old 05-12-2016, 06:49 PM
Howling at the Moon

Tools
User Statistics
Thank you. Looking forward to it. About the apex skill I was just following the guidelines in the original post and SRD link, easily fixable however once I properly figure out what I should do. Is it one +3, two + 2, three +1 or is it as is without the +4? Not sure how this works.
Old 05-12-2016, 08:08 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xber View Post
Thank you. Looking forward to it. About the apex skill I was just following the guidelines in the original post and SRD link, easily fixable however once I properly figure out what I should do. Is it one +3, two + 2, three +1 or is it as is without the +4? Not sure how this works.
@Xber@Classic Gamer
Sorry... working on 2 hours sleep right now.
The starting out Apex skill for FC is +4 (I was in another game for a moment, sorry, my bad).
I've RECON'd my post... you CS looks just fine as it is.
@Classic Gamer
Let me know if you need a tip with the Quiz, I'm happy to help get you rolling.
Other than that, you're ready to roll. BTY, you picked out of my favs for a headshot/character!

Last edited by savoylen; 05-12-2016 at 08:10 PM.