RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 04-23-2015, 08:54 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13150
ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna
Of course Garland with pencils is a lot like the scene from Men In Black with the best of the best of the best SIR> Not to put too much emphasis on it...But I believe the Sasquatch we met on the Great Lakes MIGHT have had a better temperament and social sense than our resident Grape Ape...So I guess we need a Beagley Beagley.

Last edited by ogamodyna; 04-23-2015 at 08:56 PM.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:19 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21809
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
lol sound promising.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:39 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Changed Ayako image.

https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...97#post6605997

Last edited by MoonZar; 04-23-2015 at 09:39 PM.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:42 PM
So it goes

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5091
Kilgore Trout Kilgore Trout Kilgore Trout Kilgore Trout Kilgore Trout Kilgore Trout Kilgore Trout Kilgore Trout Kilgore Trout Kilgore Trout Kilgore Trout
I've got a couple of ideas. Here is one. Please consider it complete, although I might continue to learn the system for the statistical piece of the character and could update that portion. I have another idea as well which is forthcoming. Good luck to all who apply!

KT

Rigby Dalton
Rigby Dalton

High Concept
Mystic Antiquarian and Paranormal Archaeologist

Trouble
Famous for All the Wrong Reasons

Stats
TBD/WIP - Have never played Fate. This might be not be completed as part of the app

Background
Once a young academic prodigy, renowned in academic circles and popular digital media for his intelligence and insight, Rigby Dalton veered from his tenure at Princeton when his interests in cryptozoology, lost civilizations, and haunted objects (among other scoffed-at studies) began to dominate his free time. When his articles started to appear in magazines like Fortean Times and The Journal of Scientific Exploration, he was asked to leave the prestigious university. Using his small bit of notoriety, he pitched a show to cable television called Rigby Reveals, where he investigated monsters like Mokele-mbembe of the Congo and objects like The Dibbuk Box, offering scientific proof that these legends and ghost stories were real. The show was intended to cast Rigby as a paranormal archaeological hero, but his stilted acting and the poor production quality portrayed him as a buffoon, more akin to Mister Magoo than Indiana Jones, and the show was cancelled after eight episodes.

It found new life, however, on Adult Swim, after the rights were purchased by a comedian. The comedian, along with a prominent scientist, gave it a new title - Rigby is a Retard - and revamped the premise by splicing in clips of the show with gonzo images and random celluloid weirdness while they offered narration that debunked Dr. Dalton's theories and made fun of his acting. Critics called it Mystery Science Theater 300 on Acid, and it was a massive hit, becoming immensely popular with the 18-25 demographic. As a result, Rigby was frequently recognized and often ridiculed when out in public, but the royalties he received allowed him to travel the world to continue his investigations and indulge in his passion of exploration and adventure while collecting curios and antiques that were purported to have mystical power. He applied to the Hoffman Institute in the hopes his quirky background and experience could be put to good use.

Last edited by Kilgore Trout; 04-23-2015 at 10:00 PM.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:59 PM
So it goes

Tools
User Statistics
Kilgore Trout Kilgore Trout Kilgore Trout Kilgore Trout Kilgore Trout Kilgore Trout Kilgore Trout Kilgore Trout Kilgore Trout Kilgore Trout Kilgore Trout
And.....here's idea #2. Hope it's alright that I'm still working on the stats - might not complete those before the selection process is made. If I'm selected, hoping the group can give input/advice on what might work best. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the apps that apply and once again, good luck to all!

KT

Sandra Soda
"Call me Sandi. Call me Soda. I don't give a gank."Sandra Soda

High Concept
Street Scuffed Alchemical Hacker

Trouble
Always Looking Over Her Shoulder

Stats
TBD/WIP - Have never played Fate. This might be not be completed as part of the app

Background
'An electronic affinity,' The Junkie used to call it when she'd take a chance at crashing at his pad. She didn't care what it was, she just knew she had a knack for anything driven by circuit and processor logic, and she used that talent to knock off ATMs, erase police reports, and whatever else it took to ease her life on the streets of Detroit. Sandi left home at twelve and never talked about it, not that it mattered after a few years. Her 'affinity' caught the attention of Tendril - a massive corporation that specialized in portable media, consumer electronics, and artificial intelligence. Their tagline? Tendril - We're Everywhere! Sandi didn't know how they found her but she was making six figures at twenty years old with no high school diploma and finally off the streets - what did she care?

It wasn't long, after signing reams of non-disclosure agreements, that Tendril's interest in her was revealed. 'Am I a Black Hat now?' she joked with her Manager. 'No hat. No color. Just power,' was the cryptic reply from the pale thin man. Sandi thought she was good, but they made her better. Alchemical Hacking they called it, and Sandi learned that magic was real as she learned to blend programming code and dead languages, warp the latest ciphers with ancient hexes, infusing the world's cyber highways with arcane incantations and making her street scams look mundane by comparison. Life had never been better. Until she learned about the blood magick. And the human sacrifices. And Tendril's real motives: to unlock ancient gates unleashing long dead horrors on the Earth to feast upon humanity. So she crashed their main server and went on the run: heading south and hoping she could hide out at The Hoffman Institute.

But one can never hide from Tendril for long.

They're everywhere.

Last edited by Kilgore Trout; 04-25-2015 at 01:18 AM.
Old 04-23-2015, 11:13 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7763
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
VERY NICE apps so far all - Wow, they are all a great read!!

I've updated Post 1 with the listing of apps so far. Please let me know if I missed (or messed up) something.

- Savoy
Old 04-23-2015, 11:24 PM
Destroyer of Feels

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6277
asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8
Any thoughts on additions? I kinda feel like I might have missed some significant personality in an attempt to keep from overwhelming the two paragraph limit request. Any point in adding a little random thoughts on the idea in my head in a spoilerbutton or the like? Or stunts for that matter?
Old 04-23-2015, 11:34 PM
Watching, always watching

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22749
Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos
Damn. This is tempting. Hrmm.

Two questions:

1. How much trouble is Fate to pick up for someone without much time these days to master rules sets front to back?

2. A concept popped into my head reading the initial ad. Any room for an obsessive/compulsive historian with questionable interpersonal skills?
Old 04-24-2015, 12:08 AM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35995
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
@ogam: Sasquatch? What Sasquatch? Garland remembers no such thing, but hopes that if we met one, there was arm wrestling to be had.

@asura: In character terms, I'd say say tweak the app from half-sane to mostly sane, just based on what I remember reading of the Institute and its interests and employment tactics. Out of character: I'd say no need fussing over stunts and the minor skills. Get your aspects, apex skill, and trouble settled on, then if you join the team, see who all is good at what and build to fill in gaps in our abilities.

@Nimlos: I honestly think that if you or any veteran gamer was to make a character, and read over the group's most recently completed act, you'd get the rules well enough to jump in. I've been playing for over a year now, I'm no master of the rules by any stretch of the imagination, but I get by.
Old 04-24-2015, 08:52 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimlos View Post
Damn. This is tempting. Hrmm.

Two questions:

1. How much trouble is Fate to pick up for someone without much time these days to master rules sets front to back?

2. A concept popped into my head reading the initial ad. Any room for an obsessive/compulsive historian with questionable interpersonal skills?
For the record, I was able to make my character stats in about 2 hours and I never played faith. It seem straight forward. Of course, we'll have to learn the dynamic as we go, but I'm not worry.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:08 AM
Destroyer of Feels

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6277
asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8
@zevonian: Alice will be more sane than insane. Obsessive-compulsive and perhaps not-all-there, true, but I don't think to the detriment of anything. The main core thing is that "Half-Sane Data Analyst" sounds 100 times better than "Mostly-Sane Data Analyst." And part of the fun in aspect design is having a great name for them, in my opinion!
Old 04-24-2015, 10:23 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Hopefully she is not insane lol Otherwise why would a world-class agency would hire someone completely nuts
Old 04-25-2015, 12:36 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Humm... I think you have to be a bit 'touched' to actually see and do what our Agents do!!
Old 04-25-2015, 12:49 AM
So it goes

Tools
User Statistics
Question - I've been reviewing the Fate SRD, and concerning aspects it says "The best aspects are double-edged, say more than one thing, and keep the phrasing simple."

I'm wondering if this goes for High Concept as well? As I think I read that the High Concept and Trouble are essentially Aspects, so I wanted to ask.

If so, I might look at tweaking mine, a bit at least.

Looking forward to seeing the other applications!

KT
Old 04-25-2015, 01:01 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post
Question - I've been reviewing the Fate SRD, and concerning aspects it says "The best aspects are double-edged, say more than one thing, and keep the phrasing simple."

I'm wondering if this goes for High Concept as well? As I think I read that the High Concept and Trouble are essentially Aspects, so I wanted to ask.....T
Feel free to tweak away. Yes, the best aspects or those that ACTUALLY get invoked so you get paid that precious Fate Point.

The more ways it can be taken, there easier it is to bring them to play.

Don't worry about it too much, as you can change these during play if they are not working for you (that is other than the High Concept and Trouble... but even those you can change eventually).

- Savy