RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 04-29-2015, 10:50 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People  

Hall of Fame DM 2007

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8498
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Getting on last call for apps for the game... looking to fill two slots at this point.
Will close for apps, midnight Friday (US) time.
Old 04-30-2015, 09:21 PM
The Midnight Fairy

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31165
Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena
left-aligned image

Codename: Giger
Legal Name: Olivia Han Malayn
High Concept: High-Spirited Hacker
Trouble: Tech Junkie

"Hacking isn't about busting down the front door. It's about slipping through the tiny little basement windows that nobody thought they'd need to put locks on."

The daughter of an IT grunt and the senior hostess at a popular Indian restaurant, Olivia was introduced to technology early, sitting on her father's lap while he kept up with the latest advances. As she grew, she continued to learn from him, and on her own. Unfortunately her first solo forays onto the internet, under the name Her father liked bad puns.OloveUnicorns, were met with some of the mysogyny that still resides in a great many places. She withdrew for a time, but would not be defeated for long. Returning with a literal vengeance under the name HandOfShiva, she punished those most directly involved in her misery with a page of virus-infected nude pictures. Older and possibly wiser, she's learned to navigate cyberspace more cautiously but also more thoroughly. She isn't generally malicious, but she always keeps her talents honed, just in case.

Even hackers need to pay the bills, though, and while Olivia is too squeamish to become the doctor her mother dreamed she would be, for the time being she's happy to follow in her father's footsteps- at least until she can find a bigger purpose for her life. She found herself a rather mundane IT job for a little-known organization, but when she started poking around some of her colleagues' files, she found things that shook all of her understanding to the core.

right-aligned image

Codename: Van Winkle
Legal Name: Ichabod Collins
High Concept: Not Your Elementary Crytographer
Trouble: You Don't Know What You Have Til It's Gone

Ichabod is a son of England, but with tensions high between Protestants and Catholics, nobody likes a man who believes both sides are full of it and that those who have their hands in governing the country should have their heads fully in this world. Whether wealth, family name, or influence from those who have made use of his brain, he was not arrested for blasphemy, but strongly encouraged to relocate somewhere where his views would be less problematic.

While he doesn't appreciate being effectively exiled to the wilderness (the colonies not holding a candle to the civilization of England), he is not brewing in resentment. There's plenty to occupy his attention within the microcosm of the settlements, and with the natives of the land.

Notes) Possibly an ancestor of a PC?
Apologies for the lack of a period-appropriate image, but if you pick Ichabod I'll try to find or make one.

Last edited by Humble Athena; 05-01-2015 at 03:44 AM.
Old 04-30-2015, 09:51 PM
Destroyer of Feels

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6277
asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8
The last minute timing made me finally dig up an image I liked enough for Alice! Whoo!
Old 04-30-2015, 10:31 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People  

Hall of Fame DM 2007

Tools
User Statistics
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Quote:
Originally Posted by asura8 View Post
The last minute timing made me finally dig up an image I liked enough for Alice! Whoo!
left-aligned image
She reminds me of the gal on Warehouse 13!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Claudia.png
Views:	107
Size:	204.9 KB
ID:	64207  

Last edited by savoylen; 04-30-2015 at 10:32 PM.
Old 04-30-2015, 10:35 PM
Destroyer of Feels

Tools
User Statistics
I... I really should watch Warehouse 13. I definitely see the resemblance though!

...I just did a lot of google image searches.
Old 04-30-2015, 10:46 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22373
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Look good!

I'm moving abroad in two weeks. Packing the whole family and drama!
Old 05-01-2015, 11:19 AM
Great Wyrm
Good People  

Hall of Fame DM 2007

Tools
User Statistics
Last last call.....closing this up tonight.
All apps are complete at this point will update the main post as soon asI can..... Traveling now...only have phone accessfor a few days.

Thanks to all that have applied so far....you're making it very hard on us!!!

Savoy
Old 05-01-2015, 11:49 AM
Destroyer of Feels

Tools
User Statistics
And now begins the anxiety!
Old 05-01-2015, 02:16 PM
The Midnight Fairy

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31165
Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena
Amen. Good luck.

Last edited by Humble Athena; 05-01-2015 at 02:16 PM.
Old 05-01-2015, 09:50 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Have a good weekend all and good luck again!! Getting nervous

Old 05-03-2015, 07:11 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People  

Hall of Fame DM 2007

Tools
User Statistics
Thank you to everyone that has applied or has PM with questions, etc.

I was on the beech in Florida with the time came to close this, but the good news is that all the characters/players that have applied at this point made all the deadlines - sorry for the delay updating the character listing until now.

We'll get the results posted and I'll be PMing invitations/job offers to new agents around Wednesday or sooner.

Thanks again for your interesting in Dark*Matter: The Hoffman Institute!!

- savoy
Old 05-03-2015, 09:18 PM
Grumpy Old Wrym

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2375
Ssays Ssays Ssays Ssays Ssays Ssays Ssays Ssays Ssays Ssays Ssays
Notes on Alternative SubmissionA little late, but I think I made it just under the wire with this one via a PM to Savoylen, who cleared me to post the last minute alternative submission.

left-aligned image
Code Name: Midew
High Concept: Enslaved Abenaki ‘Medicine Man’
Trouble: Vengeful (soon to e replaced by something far worse in the modern era)
Additional Aspect: Secretive trickster

Called Midew Missal by his tribe, he was a valued medicine man who dabbled in the art of trickery. He was captured in a counter-assault by the British colonists after his tribe sent most of its most powerful warriors to raid small settlements in New England. Midew was mocked by them as a healer until he was able to heal the sick son of a wealthy settler. He was brought into that settler’s summer home as a personal doctor for the staff and family, though most neighbors still thought it preposterous that any white man would trust the medicinal skills of any savage (“his own people are being eradicated by something as simple as the flu! So much for his medical skills!). In the winter, they go to their second home in Charles Town.

Midew quietly seeths for the loss of his homelands and his tribe’s status as slaves, but he he almost permanently severed from them. He makes no secret of his ability to heal, but quietly plots with Atsolowas (trickster God) to lure the white man into folly and to escape slavery.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:38 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People  

Hall of Fame DM 2007

Tools
User Statistics
Congratulations are in order... Alice, Oksana, and Ichabod have been hired by the Hoffman Institute!

Thank you all for your interest in the Institute... this was a very hard decision because of the high quality of all the applicants!

- Savoy

Last edited by savoylen; 05-06-2015 at 07:39 PM.
Old 05-07-2015, 03:04 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Congratulation everybody!

Old 05-10-2016, 08:35 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People  

Hall of Fame DM 2007

Tools
User Statistics
We have opened a branch office and are Now Hiring for 1 position!! - please see the Opening Advert for application details.

I plan on running this for 1 week (Officially close on 18-MAY-2016), and then as long as it takes to fill the position.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this game.

- Savoy