RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 10-10-2015, 03:57 PM
Queen of Silly Ideas

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 633
ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco
Name: Lilian
Race: Human
Class: Rogue (Thief)
Background: Urchin

Appearance: Lilian is roughly 5’2” with a nice figure and a mane of wavy red hair, and is in her late teens. She is always well groomed, wearing beautiful dresses and jewels whenever she can. When she’s out adventuring, she prefers soft leather leggings and vests, with her hair in a ponytail.

Personality: Lilian is extroverted and warm to the excess, optimistic and a terrible flirt, to the point people can find her overwhelming. She mixes the enthusiasm for life of her young years with lots of street savviness, meaning she can come off as wise beyond her years or childish, depending on the situation.
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Bonds: I love my city and find myself at home in all its streets and alleys. I'm protective of children, especially poor and homeless ones.
Ideals: Everyone deserves a chance to have a good and fulfilling life. Life is a precarious thing, so live it to the fullest while you still can.
Flaws: Having struggled with misery most of my life, I have a hard time turning away an opportunity to make money. I’m a hopeless romantic and a sucker for a pretty face - be it a boy or a girl.

Backstory: Lilian never met her parents; her earliest memories are of being raised in an orphanage in Neverwinter with other homeless children. Life with the other orphans was good, but the keepers were strict and as soon as she was a teenager, she decided she wanted to see the world for herself.
She ran away from the orphanage and went on to brave the streets on her own, pickpocketing and shoplifting for a living, together with other street kids, until she found out her talents were best employed as a treasure hunter. Lilian began making some serious money, but she is constantly on the look for more work since it looks like she cannot hold onto her gold for long. Lately, she was even forced to accept to work as a caravan guard for Gundrun, something that usually falls completely outside her job spectrum.

Last edited by ElCosoLoco; 10-10-2015 at 04:02 PM.
Old 10-10-2015, 04:12 PM
Airship Pirate

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6820
LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis
Artos Grimfast
left-aligned image

Race: Half-Elf
Class: Ranger
Background: Knight
Alignment: Neutral Good

Traits:
*I've worked hard to gain my Status, but have so far yet to go.
*I've made difficult choices in my past, but it's made me the Man I am today.

Ideal:
Respect; it must be given to be earned, and can be lost in a moment's carelessness.

Description:
A tall, rangy Young man obviously used to both being outdoors and hard work, Artos otherwise comes across as just another Mercenary or Hired Guard. Looking at no more than the obvious, his gear is worn if well-cared for, without ornamentation and plainly built solely for its purpose. A tattered, undetailed surcoat that, on closer inspection, has had it's livery removed almost violently is split down the middle for riding, despite an obvious lack of mount. A simple chain shirt covers his torso underneath, with short sleeves barely visible as his traveling cloak is thrown back for ease of movement. The longsword at his side is worn with simple ease, balanced by a dagger and hatchet in a wide studded leather belt. A sturdy longbow and quiver of arrows lies alongside the pack thrown over his shoulder. His simple, tall conical helmet sits pushed back atop his head as he pears around. Dark eyes and dark hair lie beneath, though the helm's shadows conceal the faces details. High cheekbones and a short beard are about all that's left visible.

Last edited by LupusRegalis; 10-10-2015 at 11:34 PM.
Old 10-10-2015, 04:39 PM
Super-Hero

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1055
JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone
dude you gotta get the hot redhead that has a thing for homeless children...PLEASE
Old 10-10-2015, 04:40 PM
Queen of Silly Ideas

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 633
ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnStone View Post
dude you gotta get the hot redhead that has a thing for homeless children...PLEASE
Heh. Looks like it's either you or me, since our characters are so similar...

Backalley knifefight!

Last edited by ElCosoLoco; 10-10-2015 at 04:41 PM.
Old 10-10-2015, 05:15 PM
Super-Hero

Tools
User Statistics
but what about the secret gibberish language and finally opening to someone...the bubble bath montage with the haircut and tailored suit (mouse in pocket)...it's too perfect.

oh wait it's ok i use arrows, totally different we're fine
Old 10-10-2015, 07:33 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
rishiki
This seems like so much fun. I've only ever dm'd a game of D&D and never had a chance to be a player (though being a first time dm to a bunch of first time players was an interesting experience). I hope A tiefling monk isn't too weird (though the gnome barbarian I was considering would have been weirder). If it is, let me know and I'll change it.

Last edited by rishiki; 10-10-2015 at 07:51 PM.
Old 10-10-2015, 09:34 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Horizon
I think I'm about as new as it gets! Going to try my hand at this one and get an application up soon.
Old 10-11-2015, 06:35 AM
Super-Hero

Tools
User Statistics
I have been doing some reading today and decided to offer some advice to those of you that are new or relatively new (myself included).

For posting apps: take a look at LupusRegalis' app, this is very well done.
The description gives us some idea of his past and personality without seeming like a list or a play-by-play.
More important is the Role-Play section. This is an example of the kind of post that will be made during the game, and Lupus has used it to relay alot of information about his character and take the first step on his adventure.

McQuiggin also did a similarly impressive job, I know i'll be going back to edit my own post.

I tend to write more like a story...john grew up in a small town with lots of friends and set of on an adventure to rescue the princess...
when i should try to write more like a post... john looked around the city, thinking how different it was than home in smalltown. it made him miss his friends. But he had a job to do so he asked the barkeep "excuse me miss have you heard anything about the princess"

For 5e Players: I found a nice Q+A dealing with the concepts of "Theatre of the Mind" and some of the differences between 3.p and 5e i think its a nice read (a good example of why 5e is prefered for PbP), its now linked in my sig but here is a link as well
http://rpg.stackexchange.com/questio...aying-i-attack
Old 10-11-2015, 08:35 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5091
McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnStone View Post
I have been doing some reading today and decided to offer some advice to those of you that are new or relatively new (myself included).

For posting apps: take a look at LupusRegalis' app, this is very well done.
The description gives us some idea of his past and personality without seeming like a list or a play-by-play.
More important is the Role-Play section. This is an example of the kind of post that will be made during the game, and Lupus has used it to relay alot of information about his character and take the first step on his adventure.

McQuiggin also did a similarly impressive job, I know i'll be going back to edit my own post.

I tend to write more like a story...john grew up in a small town with lots of friends and set of on an adventure to rescue the princess...
when i should try to write more like a post... john looked around the city, thinking how different it was than home in smalltown. it made him miss his friends. But he had a job to do so he asked the barkeep "excuse me miss have you heard anything about the princess"

For 5e Players: I found a nice Q+A dealing with the concepts of "Theatre of the Mind" and some of the differences between 3.p and 5e i think its a nice read (a good example of why 5e is prefered for PbP), its now linked in my sig but here is a link as well
http://rpg.stackexchange.com/questio...aying-i-attack
Thanks for the mention, John. I've been here just about a year now and I always feel that my apps are missing something. I think it's my inner critic. He can be very harsh.

It can be difficult getting into some of these games because there are some fantastic writers here. I just keep practicing and hope for the best when I post my apps.

~Oath of Sangus~
Old 10-11-2015, 11:29 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Horizon
Alright, did my best to keep things simple (have a nasty habit of overcomplicating a character at the beginning). Even though it's slated to be a short game, I'm all about some character development in game. Going to try my hand at the opposite gender, haven't played a non-female elven sorceress in far too long.

Let me know if I need to include or add anything else!
-Horizon

Ames Silverwood
left-aligned image

Name: Ames Silverwood III
Height: 6' 2"

Race: Human
Class: Cleric
Languages: Common and Dwarven

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Deity: Tempus
Domain: War

Background: My name is Ames. My father’s name was Ames. My grandfather’s name is Ames. You get the idea. We aren’t a very creative family. But between the three of us, I’m the only one that’s alive or not imprisoned. My father is the dead one, my grandfather is the prisoner. Damn fool admitted to a crime I committed when I was just a kid. My grandmother, Leila, reminded me every morning at breakfast. So when people ask me why honey and biscuits makes me sick, I tell them that story. To be fair, my grandfather hated his wife, his kids, and his mill. Prison got him away from all that, while keeping the “honor” of the Silverwood name. He saw an opportunity and he took it.

My younger brother Cal was a dense jackass, but he was strong. He was simple. He was perfect for running the family mill. I left. I hated them all. Got that from my grandfather, I guess. The Night Brothers became my family. Bandits, highwaymen, thieves, that was us. That was me. We were free to do what we wanted and who we wanted. Screw societal norms and their laws. We took what we wanted, we killed whoever got in our way, and all we needed was to watch each other’s backs. It didn’t last, not as long as I wanted it to. Especially when our leader and I began to share more than just our wine. A well-placed snake in our tent, the venom killed him, paralyzed me. They stripped and left me, thinking exposure to the cold of the wilds would finish what the venom had started.

But Tempus had different plans for me. I don’t believe it was mere coincidence that one of his servants just “stumbled” upon me. Luck? Chance? Screw that. That’s called fate. Don’t believe me? Why the hell do you think I care? You believe what you want, I won’t tell you what to do. I have an ideal to uphold now, a god to repay, and a bunch of backstabbing bastards to kill. Spent a couple of years in Neverwinter. Gundrun Rockseeker was my fast ticket out of the temple, out of the training yard, away from the prayers and ceremonies, and back out into the wild. Rockseeker needed capable men to guard a caravan -- the Night Brothers loved raiding caravans. I didn’t need to ask any questions. I have a debt to pay back to the temple and if I can castrate one or two of my old brothers along the way, I’ll be that much closer to my vengeance and redemption. Guess I’m an opportunist too.

Trait: I am always calm, no matter what the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me.
Ideal: Freedom. Chains are meant to be broken, as are those who would forge them.
Bond: Someone I loved died because of a mistake I made. That will never happen again.
Flaw: An innocent person is in prison for a crime that I committed. I’m okay with that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ames_silverwood.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	66215  

Last edited by Horizon; 10-11-2015 at 11:31 AM.
Old 10-11-2015, 06:22 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 441
MhBlis MhBlis MhBlis MhBlis MhBlis
I've pulled my application since the starts have aligned and I've somehow actually gotten into a live game of LMoP.

Good luck to all you folks and have fun.
Old 10-11-2015, 08:31 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 92
NodHero
Fair warning, my real life tabletop group just finished Lost Mines but I'm pretty good at not meta-gaming. I was a player and the DM homebrewed, liberally, throughout the entire thing. If applications are still open and you can take a double dose of DMing me, Choco, I'd be up for this.
If that's good enough for a green light, let me know, I'm thinking

Lyinro
left-aligned image
Name: Lyinro (Lee-in-row)
Race: Half-Elf (human father, wild elf mother)
Class: Barbarian (Wolf Totem)
Background: Lyinro doesn't discuss his past, and those that learn anything about him don't trust that what they hear is the truth. They know he's a serious hunter, with a vendetta on a bandit group that did something bad to a member of his family. They know he doesn't like being around a lot of people, preferring to be around nature rather than civilization, but noticed he's shown a greater tolerance for dwarves, especially Gundrun Rockseeker, one of his few stalwart friends. Gundrun knows more about Lyinro than anyone else, and knows what motivates him to come in from out of the wild...

Last edited by NodHero; 10-14-2015 at 10:04 PM.
Old 10-12-2015, 03:37 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19866
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Goodmorning all,

- Edited my application progress table
- waiting for Rhazbis, mikeweasel, cloverlord and Souleaterx to reach the green status of finishedness

@MhBlis I understand, and I appreciate you took the time to pass the message
@NodHero Ofc you are welcome ;-)
@JohnStone Thanks for the info

If I missed something I needed to comment on,
or if you want an answer and I obviously missed your question;
let me know....
Old 10-12-2015, 12:00 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 946
EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill
I have wanted to play Phandelver ever since joining pdp but no one has run it until now! Never played this but excited to be given a chance. Based on the interest you have gotten, I would definitely be open to buying the box set and running this after playing if you pick me. I am so interested I am posting two characters, based on party composition and need (I didn't see any restriction on multiple apps but if so, I apologize).

Originally posted this app because it was for another game that died before the app process had been decided. That game has been miraculously resurrected so I felt it was dishonest to keep this up. Still would like to keep my sorcerer in the game, however (very interested in this!).

right-aligned image

Name: Ellara Westwind
Race: Half-elf
Class: Bard

Last edited by EttinWill; 10-19-2015 at 04:12 PM. Reason: withdrawing this app in favor of my other
Old 10-12-2015, 12:06 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 946
EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill EttinWill
Alternate Character App:
right-aligned image

Name: Melaena Willowbreeze
Race: Half-elf
Class: Sorcerer

Last edited by EttinWill; 10-13-2015 at 03:26 PM. Reason: deleted appearance to simplify app