RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 11-05-2015, 02:23 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 80
dave78pdx
Okay, I will throw my hat in the ring... Recruiting a friend, as well.

I will work on the character and application later when I get home. For now, I can say that I will not be a fighter or a wizard, as I am already playing those classes in my current games.
Old 11-05-2015, 02:29 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 75
Jamie7keller
Hi!

I would love to play, as Dave78 is an online buddy and said you were looking for more. I played 3.5 a bit, and slid into min/maxing...not as much fun in the end...so this is great, a sI know nothing about 5e.

I will find the free online rules and keep it basic from there. To make up for my personal lack of knowlege, my character will have lowwer mental scores....a dumb cleric seems fun......
Old 11-05-2015, 05:41 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
dave78pdx
Okay... I was going to try to keep it to one of the four classes in the basic rules free PDF as well. I'm already playing a fighter and a wizard in my other games. Jamie is going with a cleric. By process of elimination, that means I will be a rogue, which I am excited about since I have never played a thief/rogue in any D&D game before.
Old 11-05-2015, 06:18 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 766
imafrog imafrog imafrog imafrog imafrog imafrog imafrog
Yaro Kohana
left-aligned image

Name: Yaro Kohana
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Monk (20), Way of the Open Hand
Background: Urchin
Party Role(s): Dex Front-liner/Controller, Scout/Infiltrator

Appearance: Yaro is average size for a half-elf with a wiry frame and ripcord musculature. He has stark red hair and tan skin with excited brown eyes. He cares little for his overall appearance though he delights in baubles of all types. Yaro most often wears worn, loose clothes while sporting several piercings and accessories.

Personality: In the simplest terms: Yaro loves life. Whether it’s fighting, gambling, running, jumping, eating, talking, walking, cooking, sexing, dancing or drinking he loves it all. He is ebullient in his words and actions and unrelentingly cheerful in disposition. He might aggravate the more dour individuals of the world and finds it hard to sit still, but don’t let his fidgeting fool you. Yaro has a keen eye, nose for trouble from his days on the streets. He can be suspicious when he detects a hint of falsehood and is usually brutally blunt to address it. At the end of the day though, the young half-elf is a missionary of fun, for both himself and anyone else he comes across.

Bonds: I suffer awful visions of a coming disaster and will do anything to prevent it
Ideals: Freedom and Joy: Life is freedom and fun. The freedom to go anywhere and do anything in the pursuit of happiness.
Flaws: There's no room for caution in a life lived to the fullest

Backstory:
Yaro grew up in the streets of Baldur's gate, scraping to survive the rugged urban landscape. He was unique however, because he escaped that hellhole via his own gumption. An adventuerer passed through his turf and during an encounter with the local gang made such an impression that Yaro decided to follow him. What followed was an akward couple of weeks filled with shouting matches, chases, attempted stealth and frustration. Eventually, the warrior - Ogrim by name - caved and allowed the half-elf to tag along on his travels. They shared a few short adventures before the man brought him to a temple he had encountered on a previous journey. Yaro knew then that his travels were at an end.

Ogrim left and Yaro began his new life of meditation and training. Well supposed meditation anyway. His excitable nature offered no end of troubles for the serene monks. Years passed, but instead of calming Yaro’s wanderlust only grew. He began ranging outside the temple grounds, the frowning monks helpless to really stop him. Still he did not abandon the temple, he owed much to the order and Headmaster Orzeem preached that he Must wait for the appointed time, but Yaro could feel something was coming. He was right. One dark, overcast night, a dozen inhuman screams suddenly echoed through the quiet monastery halls. The monks found Yaro and several others eyes rolled back, locked in the seizure of an endless cry. When they recovered all described different dreams, but the message in each was clear: doom. The time for meditation and training was over. The monks gathered their strength and spread out across the land each following his own intuition to find the source of the evil omen. Yaro was nearly giddy with excitement as he headed toward neverwinter pulled by some inexplicable urge. Not a week later the young monk caught his first glance of towers in the horizon. This would be fun...

...is what he thought. But after three weeks of wandering around Neverwinter Yaro had run out of money and still had no clear indication of what he should be doing. Recalling one of Ogrim's stories about an old dwarf companion Yaro sought out and eventually met Gundrun shortly thereafter.

Last edited by imafrog; 11-06-2015 at 01:45 AM.
Old 11-05-2015, 06:18 PM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20390
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Rhazbis is also in Group Z, roleplaying a Ranger ;-).

Which makes the group in need of some barbarians, fighters or monks...
And ofc the hippies , bards and druids

please check out our Solo Games a private luxury DM will be included for free
~ taken the Oath of Sangus ~
Old 11-05-2015, 06:19 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 766
imafrog imafrog imafrog imafrog imafrog imafrog imafrog
I guess i should have waited like another 5 seconds so those posts were in the correct order.
Old 11-05-2015, 06:29 PM

Tools
User Statistics
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Quote:
Originally Posted by imafrog View Post
I guess i should have waited like another 5 seconds so those posts were in the correct order.
Wow
You ninja-ed the DM using a monk

Old 11-05-2015, 09:21 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Jamie7keller
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocoladevla View Post
Rhazbis is also in Group Z, roleplaying a Ranger ;-).

Which makes the group in need of some barbarians, fighters or monks...
And ofc the hippies , bards and druids

You need a fighter in particular? I was thinking between cleric and fighter (more fun to be dumber there), and figured maybe a nonspellcasting class would be best for starting in 5e.

I played a bit of pbp on mythweavers site back in the day. This should be fun!
Old 11-06-2015, 04:28 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
dave78pdx
Application is done... Here we go!
Character Sheet: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=58671

Last edited by dave78pdx; 11-06-2015 at 04:52 AM.
Old 11-06-2015, 03:01 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Good evening,

Please report to Group Z

There is a thread called 'Signing the contract' and if you could copy and paste your application there it would be awesome

Old 11-07-2015, 05:56 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 861
Kweheri Kweheri Kweheri Kweheri Kweheri Kweheri Kweheri
Old 11-07-2015, 09:17 AM
Cheery haunt

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23483
Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11
Posting interest! Have the starter set but haven't played or read it (and want to!). Can toss in a proper app later this weekend.

Perhaps something arcane? Wild magic sounds fun.

Next up: RoW

Last edited by Jarl11; 11-07-2015 at 09:18 AM.
Old 11-07-2015, 10:04 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Welcome Jarl11,

Check out this
and maybe you can discuss in OOC who wants to be what kind of Arcane caster ;-)

Old 11-07-2015, 06:34 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Jamie7keller
I hope it's not too late but I will post a full writeup tonight. I'm busy with family stuff today but will have the night free (baby makes precise scheduling hard)
Old 11-07-2015, 09:46 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Jamie7keller
Hi! Character story posted in the "sign the contract" link.

I can be flexible as needed. I unison myself coming with dave's character but wrote that as optional.