RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Hall of Fame > Hall of Fame Games > Legacy of Fire
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 04-23-2019, 06:02 AM
Big Piggy Pig Big Pig!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 27205
PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG
Start Ro5

Token--------Character--------Init040506
(F)Fandrik17xo-
(D)Dullen14xo-
(V)Drusilla14xo-
(G)Grak'ark14xo-
(B)Gark-the-Goblin14xo-
(H)Hector13xo-
(01)Abd al Bari12xo-
(16)Rraelliarh16xo-
(19)Rokova16xo-
(Crown)The Carrion King10xo-
(Centipede)Thkot-Tal08xo-
(11)Trevis08xo-
(14-15)Carrion Guards07xo-
(17)Ekk-Lakk05xo-
(18)Rohekk Woundsong05xo-
(01-05)(12-13)Carrion Initiates05xo-
(06-10)Elven Slaves05xo-
o = open to post
- = don't post yet
x = posted already

DM Summary
left-aligned image

House of the Beast: Day 2
Gozran 13 4710 – Moonday

Sunrise 6:30AM | 8:00PM Sunset
(07:09AM)

Light Bearers
Dullen, Holy Symbol (20' normal / 40' shadows)
Abd, Fandrik's Stone (20' normal / 40' shadows)

Darkvision
Grak'ark (60')
Remkah'ar (60')
Fandrik (60')
Gark-the-Goblin (60')

House of the Beast: The Lower Temple
[DiCE]
Nil

Room 2: The Maggot Throne

Qatal, qatal -qasamna, qasamna!

Continuous chanting to the south increases and they then begin to stomp their feet, livid by the intruders before the display of the King's performance when he slays these pafe. The torch near the platform (F39) rattles from the vibrations, they can all feel it on the floor, and it rolls towards the pit. The only thing that keeps it from plunging into the dead are the ruined cracks in the tile and it halts at the edge, flames flickering black against the stone.

Rok can be heard flapping in the darkness, using the light of that same torch and the magical items of Dullen and Hector to see below. He sees the King and his gnolls but the ones to the south are lost in the pitch black and mists.

A swarm of white winged bugs fly from the pile of the dead below, drawn to the light of the torch and magical items like moths.

The gnolls set up to prepare to assault of the hidden intruders when they pop out all at once. Fandrik is the first one out (like always) and the enemy is taken aback. "Ha-HA! You have found me!" Arrows are drawn to the nimble rogue when Dullen and Drusilla come out. Trevis is about to address Dullen when Dru's bardiche slices at the mutilated man before he can get the words out. He throws up a hand and it slices his palm in half, chipping his shoulder. Blood sprays as the gunk drenched warrior squints her steel eyes at him, surveying the battlefield. Trevis laughs, holding up a pinky falling down his palm as he holds his crossbow in his other big hand.

With the bodyguard in sight, the huge Carrion King looming behind like Pale Mountain, Dullen ignores the hand and prays to his God, furthering his physical and mental potential. “With Irori, brings hope, that hope strengthens my resolve and brings forth success and enlightenment.” He brings Yesper's name into the pile and that strange cut smile loses it's luster again. "Irori has a plan and if it is me, I hope your soul is set free from the prison you are currently in.” Trevis sneers. "Who? You?"

That 'freer of souls' comes in the name of Captain Hector Grimm as Grak'ark as a dog, Grimm, and Abd follow out of the Obscuring Mist. Hector claims the first souls he sees available with a point of his commanding hand: Trevis (#11), a Carrion Initiate by the name of Yak'yeh (#12), and the King His Self (the crown). There's no negotiation, no hesitation, he comes straight for Trevis like a shadow as Dullen prays to speed his limbs. Dragonwing comes right in and lops into Trevis's midsection, snapping banded mail into pieces and sending metal strips onto the stone in scattering clatter. Dullen watches as the magical blade snaps his brother's ribs and halves lung sacks into deflated, begging balloons. Captain Grim pivots and snaps the sword out, blood splaying across the cracked floor, blood spewing from the bodyguard's nose. It was a true hit, rage and hate driving the power and depth. Abd follows suit, as angry against the slavers as Hector, but Trevis is already backing off from the battle. He's at a loss of words and signals for the King to back off. Hector waves off the white flying bugs as Fandrik's light guides him. Where is that little... oh there he is. Fandrik has a way of finding his way nearby when you least expect it.

Trevis is dying, Dullen can feel it, and he feels his sword start to vibrate in his hand. Hector raises his fist to Trevis too, as if he has a gasp on his soul. What is this that Dullen is feeling in his sword? 'This has never happened before... what is happ-'

The thought is lost when the dog, Grak'ark speaks a single word that can't be described. Two nutshells fall from the dog's feet and rattle to the ground underneath him. The word is a combination of sounds and it's disturbing for the Monk of Irori to hear. It's terse and harsh, like a garbled bark. It is Lamashtu speaking directly to their enemies, he understands. Trevis, in pain, shakes the word out of his head but the other gnolls aren't as tough or shrewd and struggle with the spoken word. One of the Carrion Initiates starts to salivate underneath his mountain lion mask, the drool spilling behind his mask and dribbling onto his chest. A Carrion Guard (#14) begins to babble about Rovagug before he joins the chant with other gnolls to the south, even though he's in mid-battle. "Qatal, qatal -qasamna, qasamna!"

Grak'ark sets his eyes on the Carrion King, his true target with the spell, but the King just looks at him with those insane eyes. He’s not even phased by the spell, what ever lies behind those large brown orbs and the sick mind beyond. The King grunts and turns his back (Full Withdraw), leaving the battle with Trevis (restricted Withdraw) in tow.

Huddled, the Carrion Initiate (#12) sees the King leave the battle and he cowers, lost. "I am sorry, King. They are in my mind.... I.. I can't hold them back for much longer." The Carrion King does not waste any time as he withdraws from battle, Trevis limping away from Hector's hit. The King points to Hector and says simply "Then go, die for the Beast." and he continues on his way. He's thinning the weak of his fatarra to make sure he wins.

"Qatal, qatal -qasamna, qasamna!" The Carrion Guard keeps yelling, useless. The other guard (#15) slides beside him, his mind intact after the magical attack on their minds, and lets loose a poisoned arrow straight for Hector's heart. Drusilla ducks her head behind him, expecting it to pass through, but the arrow catches into the gnoll studded leather armor that Hector equipped his self with. The arrow sticks from his chest and he is unstopped by the attack. The guard that shot Hector tries to drag the other gnoll away. "Stop your chant! They're coming!" But the enchanted and confused gnoll rips his arm from his fellow's grip and raises his bow, chanting even louder. "Qatal, qatal -qasamna, qasamna!"

right-aligned image
Arrow in his plate, the Carrion Initiate with the mountain lion mask (#12) comes racing for Hector to behead him before Grak'ark's word eats away what remains of his own will. "DIE!!!" his axe comes down with fury but Hector blocks it with his great sword, two hands clenching the hilt like a couple of vices. Sparks fly and Hector swings off the attack. The masked priest raises his axe for another attack, buying time for the King.

"Qatal, qatal -qasamna, qasamna!"

Trevis limps to a stop at the platform as the King taunts them on. “Thought you would be in there forever. I won’t run. I never run." He then acknowledges his retreat as strategy. "Get through my loyal tribe… I will be here waiting if you want me. You have to earn a fight from me if I waste my energy on you." The King slowly walks back to his throne as if he came back from a meal it taking back his seat. The elven maidens wither and bow to him as he returns as if he was their messiah resurrected.

Clak-clak-cakcakcakcakcakcak- Thkot-Tal slides against the wall in the mists, seeking food, and hears pafe noises (not the familiar soothing voices of the precious gnolls that feed him). Dullen feels the thing draw close. It’s like the mists are watching him. Cakcakcakcakcakcak-CLACK CLACK Then Dullen sees the large worm emerge from magical cloud and approach him from behind.

left-aligned image
The bright torch on the ground shines up Trevis's face in a macabre glare upon his deformed face. He holds his broken hand from Drusilla to keep his broken body damaged by Hector, blood spilling to the ground. "Come Dullen, you let others fight for you? Just you. I am waiting." He spits. It's black. "The dark one, that useless slave, already pulls at my soul, but it is mine to sell. Not him, not you."

Trevis holds open his hands, unable to attack as Hector anchors his spirit. The only other Carrion Initiate left up near the throne (#13) comes up to Trevis and chants a prayer, a wand of lava stone in his hand burning bright like lava. It burns bright and a small portion of Trevis's grave wound heals along with his hand. He points before his self, switching to Kelish again, using the torch to see any oncoming attack. "Come get me, brother. I'll join Yesper if I have to."

DM Notes
left-aligned image

• Drusilla, Hector, and Fandrik are all sickened
    The character takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks.

• Corpses:
    - Depth is 10 feet.
    - Swim (DC15, full or move action) check required to wade through the dead.
    - PCs require a move action to reach the surface.
    - Climb (DC15, move action) is need to climb the wall out of the surface of the dead. The wall is 10'.
    - Moving normally on top of the dead is considered rough terrain.

• Darkness:
    In an area of dim light, a character can see somewhat. Creatures within this area have concealment (20% miss chance in combat) from those without darkvision or the ability to see in darkness.

Combat Modifiers

Maps

Last edited by PIG; 04-23-2019 at 06:19 AM.
Old 04-23-2019, 06:03 AM
Big Piggy Pig Big Pig!

Tools
User Statistics

Last edited by PIG; 04-28-2019 at 02:43 PM.
Big Piggy Pig Big Pig!

Tools
User Statistics

Big Piggy Pig Big Pig!

Tools
User Statistics

Old 04-23-2019, 10:10 PM
Cheery haunt

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22986
Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11
Fandrik
left-aligned image
The comrades-in-arms (and trial by swimming through death) gathered around and Fandrik felt his chest swell. They were here. Despite the armies and the slavers. They would make a glorious stand. Eyes watched as Hector nearly split in half the odd human with earrings all over him.

And the Carrion King retreated in the background. "He runs - Ha-HA! The day is ours!" The tip of that fine rapier pointed by Hector's legs as another gnoll rushed in to clash with the old man.

The sick feeling was still there, in the pit of Fandrik's stomach, though muted somewhat by the adrenaline and magical courage pumping in his chest. "After him, mates!" The exchange with Trevis and Dullen was like a buzzing in his ear. He wanted nothing more than to charge in and face the over-sized hyena then and there. Luckily, Desna's chosen knew the best course was to take it slow and let the others keep up.

Darting by Hector, Fandrik spun and cartwheeled around the gnoll's legs. That rapier swiped vicious arcs in the air to keep the gnoll from getting a good look at him. Landing in a crouch to his opponent's right flank, Fan leaped again. This time his foot lead the way while eyes were on his rapier - it was a classic feint. The booted halfling foot assuming 19 is a hit hereslammed into the gnoll's crotch, timed to connect just as he was turning to follow the halfling's movement.

"Here's hoping you have no more pups! Hah!" The laughter died out as Fan saw the shadow of his nemesis rise up; the immense centipede from the pool of dead was following them.

Next up: GN, TT, RoW, LoF

Last edited by Jarl11; 04-23-2019 at 10:16 PM.
Old 04-24-2019, 10:59 AM
Of the Fartnocker Clan

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 33909
Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak
Gark
left-aligned image
The goblin was safe, covered by the strength of both the invisibility spell and the mist. It would be logical for him to remain hidden and let the larger, stupider members of his group finish things off.

But Bloblog the Mad, chosen of Lamashtu, was far from logical.

A few moments later, a high pitched voice fills the air from the center of the mist.

"AHA HAHAHA HA H---" it begins, ending abruptly with an audible 'thunk'.

Old 04-24-2019, 03:16 PM
Of the Fartnocker Clan

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 33909
Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak
Grak'Ark
left-aligned image
Grak'Ark was not surprised that his spell had such a powerful devastating impact on the murrin that stood between him and the Carrion King.. He knew only a weak-willed fool would turning away from the one true goddess. Soon they will feel the nothingness of death that was promised by Rovagug.

He groansinwardly as he sees the little one dancing around like a monkey, waiving his pin-sized sword menacingly - as if that could hurt anyone. But his eyes widen as the effectiveness of the halfling's tactics came to light. The sword waving was a mere distraction for his true weapon, a steel-toed boot, which comes up with a furious impact on the nether regions of the only gnoll able to resist his spell. Perhaps that one is not as useless as I once thought. he wonders.

Grak'ark did not linger over that thought. As soon as the gnoll's eyes crossed from the surprising impact of the blow, Grak'Ark made his move, leaping past the stunned and befuddled gnolls, his canine legs moving quickly across the battlefield. He races quickly after the fleeing form of Trevis, litermate of Dullen.

Grak'Ark knew Dullen would want this kill for himself, making it clear that when the time came that he would be the one to lay him low. But Grak'Ark did not care what the priest wanted, not now. Trevis was a servant of Rovagug. And more importantly, Trevis was between Grak'Ark and his prey. The human will die. he promises.

The mutated cooshie bites deeply into Trevis' belly, tearing out a large chunk of flesh. The amulet worn by the Chosen of Lamashtu flares to life as his teeth pentrate flesh, sending an additional devastating jolt of electricity into the profusely bleeding wound.

Old 04-25-2019, 12:49 AM
Nargle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29267
ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu
Drusilla Vanadici
left-aligned image
Drusilla scowls as Trevis and the Carrion King immediately turn tail and run away. The bodyguard's retreat is not surprising, given that he was almost cleaved in twain by just a single, powerful blow from Hector—what an asset he is proving to be—but she did not expect the gnoll leader to follow suit so readily. What was the point of advancing in the first place if all he is going to do is retreat? Is this just a feint to lure them in? Or is he really frightened by the surprisingly devastating prowess of the white-haired man with the evil laugh?

In the end it doesn't matter: she and her companions intend to kill the King whether he stands or flees. His contradictory taunt is likewise meaningless, the nonsensical bravado of a cowardly idiot. However, she does mark the elves' curiously reverential behavior—within the library of her mind she adds an annotation that records their poor souls as beyond help.

A glance right reveals the giant centipede emerging from the mist, and so the warrior darts left, staying well beyond its reach as she skirts around the stunned gnoll grabbing his crotch in pain. She almost grins, impressed by the halfling's dirty trick—the gnoll's surprised expression reminds her of a Chelish thug in a dark alley many years ago, and his reaction to being walloped in the face by a stray cat.

She quickly picks up speed, racing directly towards the archer who remains unaffected by Grak's mind-warping spell. Enough poisoned arrows have found their mark—with her limbs still heavy from the toxin contaminating her veins, she sees the archer as their biggest immediate threat. This time Drusilla sweeps her bardiche out wide and low, hooking the gnoll's ankle with the concave edge of the axe blade. With all the momentum behind her weapon a slight tug is all she needs to send the archer sprawling to the ground, rendering his longbow useless.

Old 04-26-2019, 04:34 PM
Let's "snuggle"

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29583
Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium
Ekk-Lakk
left-aligned image
"Illusion," the Painted One spat. The small, green pafe would have to suffer extra for his crime of not dying the first time Ekk-Lakk swung. Somewhere else, inside or outside the Fog of Cowardice the food-beings had cocooned themselves in, other battles and arguments were starting; the din of Gnoll speech, the fervent chanting, and the lesser languages left it unclear what exactly was happening. The Carrion King himself was involved in something, but the fog was too thick and required too much of Ekk-Lakk's attention for that to be a concern.

A surprising number of other gnolls had followed Ekk-Lakk into the fog. He barely suppresses the urge to snort at his weaker brethren in disgust. Cowards. I went into the fog first. If any of them steals either a kill or a meal, they will face consequences, but at least they had the sense not to get in Ekk-Lakk's way. The warrior continued walking confidently though the fog, axe at the ready. He would not be thwarted a second time. He would see both the full-sized and the bite-sized pafes die by his blade this day.

Old 04-28-2019, 12:17 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6776
ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123

Dullen is shocked by his comrades actions. He mentioned to them about the family honor and how he needed to face his brother and they all seem hell bent to slay him. He looks up instinctively as if he could get guidance from Irori, when the sword starts to vibrate in his hand as if wounds his brother received are causing some reaction. He also recalls it vibrating slightly when he battled his father in the tomb. The vibration was ever so slight, but this time was different Trevis is alive and his father was dead. It seems as if the sword senses his impending doom. If someone is to send his brother to the afterlife, it should be Dullen. It is apparent to him that if he tries to save his brother, his comrades will kill him regardless. This is a difficult decision. Dullen will have to make some great decisions after this threat of the Carrion King has been dealt with.

Dullen answers Trevis, “My comrades are getting involved in a fight that just should be between us. Don’t worry brother, one of us will be meeting with Yesper soon.”

Still maintains his Snake Stance
Dice Roll:
1d20+15 (2)+15 Total = 17
form as he was taught by Obeegon. Dullen moves quickly between the others past his opponents. He see Grak’ark moving as well and times his movements precisely. First the gnoll adjacent to him. He Acrobatics check past #12
Dice Roll:
1d20+10 (3)+10 Total = 13
dives and rolls away trying to keep from harm. He continues to bob and weave, flipping and somersaults, all the while dodging out of Grak’ark’s way. He lands close to Trevis as he witnesses Grak’ark’s savage attack. He sees his brother suffering and moves in to end it as swiftly as he can. He holds Sharpen in both his hands and Attack
Dice Roll:
1d20+9 (13)+9 Total = 22
(BAB +3, +4 STR, +1 MW, +1 Haste)
lunges forward. His strike is true and feels Shapen vibrate even more Damage
Dice Roll:
1d8+6 (3)+6 Total = 9
violently as it pierces his chest.

Last edited by ShinobiMaster123; 04-28-2019 at 12:30 AM.
Old 04-28-2019, 03:11 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18016
Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz
Hector Grimm, Abd and Rok
left-aligned image
right-aligned image

One instant after having slashed through every defense Dullen’s brother had, they were retreating. Only a lone gnoll stood in his way and Hector snarled at him to get out of his sight. He raised Dragonwing to take flight against the obstacle, but saw the paralyzed look in its sad and ugly face. For an instant Hector took in the priceless moment where Fandrik once again fixed their situation.

Deal with this one, Abd. He didn’t wait for the confirming response that he knew would come, he circled around stunned gnoll and resourceful halfling to storm after Drusilla, Grak’ark and Dullen. He drew in breath, located the whiffs of stray soul particles and snatched them to his grasp. There was the monster lurking in the pool of goo to their south and there was the guard gnoll that protected the wounded cleric. He anchored their soul and kept others close. He did sense Dullens urgency to end his brother himself and hoped, for the sake of avoiding another internal farce, that he would have his will...

When Hector finally slid into place, between Drusilla’s long weapon and the gnolls, he was ready to wreak havoc on the enemies, but his body was far from the condition he wanted it in. After having fought the sea of dead and tried his hand with this burst of adrenaline, his stomach now protested, cramped and send up waves of dizzying nausea. Hector would have continued his shouting bullying of the Craven King, but instead he spewed bile and sorry remains of the poor food he had witnessed under Pale Mountain over the guard before him.

His sword pushed the gnoll backwards, aiming to get him tripping over Grak’ark in his dog form behind them, but the gnoll was lucky and Grak moved to dive in on Trevis and where Hector would have slid his sword deep into the belly of the gnoll, he himself slid in the vomit on the floor and nearly tripped himself. Only with flailing hands, he managed to grip the pelt of the nearest gnoll and heave himself upright again.

The black form of the raven soared over and saw this pitiful maneuver, crowing in disdain and flapping wings in double tempo to keep itself from losing height. It was near now, but no souls had been released yet. Why the waiting?

Abd Al Dari had circled the gnoll, sensing the same weakness as Hector had seen and utilized the moment for maximum effect. With a shout bouncing off the walls and radiating a wave of heat as he moved, he drove his axe knife down on the shoulder of the stunned gnoll.

Old 04-29-2019, 11:47 AM
Man・Earth・Sky

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 52490
Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass
Thkot-Tal
right-aligned image
Hunger, hunger, hunger drives it forward.

The mist, the fog, it deceives, it hides. Thkot-Tal turns back, back into the sea of the dead and taking a body and crunching it in half, adjusts, its eyes useless for much but vibrations draw its attention upward, out of the pit, bringing with it decaying bodies attached to its million tiny legs, stabbing and flailing about. The rising stegocentipede is audible from afar, though it does not make a noise. Moving its tail about, it produces the stinger, and watches.

There is one among them, moving with grace and speed. A curious thing. It bothers Thkot-Tal when food moves so.

It is time to rectify that.

As Drusilla lunges forward to deliver a strike, true and violent, so does the stinger.

Directly at his back, foaming poisoning ready to make that lithe body more rigid, for it is best to toughen the meat.

It is time to feed, and no mist can save them now.

Last edited by PIG; 04-29-2019 at 12:04 PM.
Old 04-30-2019, 09:08 AM
For Sanguinius!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3198
Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon
Rohekk Woundsong
right-aligned image
Rohekk snarls angrily as he continues to move through the mist, bumping aside one of the smaller initiates in order to press his way to the front. Nearby he saw the painted one, Ekk-lakk, daubed from head to toe in glaringly hideous colours. Rohekk held no love for the creature, its mind was clearly a broken thing, devoid of any reason. Yet nonetheless, Ekk-lakk was a brutal killing machine. Whether his mind was broken or not, Rovagug would look kindly on his murderous rampages.

For Rohekk, that was enough.

Putting the maddened one from his mind, Rohekk's attention turns instead to their quarry. They had been passing through the mist, robbed of their eyesight, yet their hearing suffered none. Above the clash of steel and cries of pain, Rohekk heard a sound that cut to his very core, offending him. Who would despoil the beauty of bloodshed and battle with an incessant, high pitched prattling.

With every step, every shrill note of the Pafe's speech picked at his fragile, already incensed temper. He would find the voice's owner, and tear their tongue free of their mouth with his bare hands. He would crack bones, flay skin and drench his blessed axe in the blood and gore of this particular enemy. If the High Priest had the capacity for joy and pleasure, then those thoughts alone would have made him giddy.

He did not. So he pressed forward, his ire growing with every second he was denied a chance to strike at the Pafe.

He burst past another initiate, about to snap something particularly nasty at the whelp that dared get in his way, until he realised he was suddenly free of the mist. Rovagug's power was unquestionable, and his mighty patron had seen fit to reveal, finally, his enemy to him.

He emerged just in time to see them surge forwards, doing everything in their power to close with the King and his pet Pafe. Yet in doing so, they had given no thought that something might be stalking them from the very mist they'd used to conceal themselves.

Rohekk stopped for but a moment, his keen eye passing over each of the Pafe in turn, until it came to rest upon the little one whose gums seemed to flap without rest. Crowing of his own exploits, there was no doubt that he was the one. Rohekk had found the heretic who befouled the glorious spilling of blood with his mewlings.

Raising a single hand, Rohekk gestures towards the halfling, immediately sending the divine weapon he had summoned against the little creature. As he did this, he called over his shoulder, summoning the initiates to his side.

"At last, we are upon the scumbloods. Forth, wretches, tear their flesh from their bones. No one rests until the walls are coloured crimson with their blood. Slay them, or it will be your flesh that I offer up to Rovagug this day."

He lets out a large snarl, then glares pointedly towards Fandrik.

"Start with the little one."

With that, Rohekk stops, holding his position just outside of the fog as he watches his minions set about enforcing their High Priest's will. His lips curl upwards, not in a smile, he is incapable of such an expression, but in another snarl. It was HE who was the instrument of Rovagug's Will amongst the Carrion King's court, and he would not be upstaged by a maniac nor by a heretic witch. He would show these Pafe, and the King himself, who was the one to be feared, and it would be the halfling that would help him do so.

Raising his fist once more, this time clutching his holy symbol, he begins muttering an unholy prayer to Rovagug, the scarlet energy of his divine power convalescing around him. Finally, as the prayer and swirling energies reach a critical mass, Rohekk releases it and hurls it towards Fandrik.

As the divine energy hurtles through the air towards Fandrik, Rohekk throws back his head and lets out an ear piercing howl, venerating the glory of Rovagug, before he slowly lowers his eyes once more, fixing on the haflling. With a flash of his fanged maw, he presses forward once again. His mouth watering at the thought of closing quarters with these foes.

Last edited by Arkaon; 04-30-2019 at 12:41 PM.
Old 05-01-2019, 05:03 PM
Big Piggy Pig Big Pig!

Tools
User Statistics
Start Ro6

Token--------Character--------Init050607
(F)Fandrik17xo-
(D)Dullen14xo-
(V)Drusilla14xo-
(G)Grak'ark14xo-
(B)Gark-the-Goblin14xo-
(H)Hector13xo-
(01)Abd al Bari12xo-
(16)Rraelliarh16xo-
(19)Rokova16xo-
(Crown)The Carrion King10xo-
(Centipede)Thkot-Tal08xo-
(14-15)Carrion Guards07xo-
(17)Ekk-Lakk05xo-
(18)Rohekk Woundsong05xo-
(01-05)(12-13)Carrion Initiates05xo-
(11)Trevis05xo-
(06-10)Elven Slaves05xo-
o = open to post
- = don't post yet
x = posted already

DM Summary
left-aligned image

House of the Beast: Day 2
Gozran 13 4710 – Moonday

Sunrise 6:30AM | 8:00PM Sunset
(07:09AM)

Light Bearers
Dullen, Holy Symbol (20' normal / 40' shadows)
Abd, Fandrik's Stone (20' normal / 40' shadows)

Darkvision
Grak'ark (60')
Remkah'ar (60')
Fandrik (60')
Gark-the-Goblin (60')

House of the Beast: The Lower Temple
[DiCE]
Nil

Room 2: The Maggot Throne

Darkvision

Mind twisted by Grak'ark's word, the #14carrion guard spits as he keeps chanting "qatal-qasmna" at the top of his lungs even as the intruders barrel through. Yellow and black teeth are revealed as he snaps his mouth open and shut, shaking his bow in the air above his head.

Fandrik cartwheels closer to the other confused gnoll, the carrion initiate sporting a mountain lion mask, as he tries to keep his sanity together long enough to do at least some damage- Grak'ark's garbled word gripping his brain. He sees the halfling and keeps swinging his axe- miss, miss, miss again, miss. The swashbuckler lands in a crouch to his opponent's right flank, leaping again. This time his foot lead the way while eyes were on his rapier - it was a classic feint. The booted halfling foot slammed into the gnoll's crotch, timed to connect just as he was turning to follow the halfling's movement.

"WAAAAAAaaaaaa!" The priest drops his axe and grabs his crotch with both hands, making pathetic wining sounds. Drusilla wastes no time and races past this foe to move onto the next challenge. "Here's hoping you have no more pups! Hah!" The laughter died out as Fan saw the shadow of his nemesis rise up; the immense centipede from the pool of dead was following them. He also looks to the south and hears footsteps approaching from the Obscuring Mists.

Trevis keeps taunting Dullen to come to him. "C'mon. C'mon. Come to me." His voice is full of mirth. With Drusilla, Dullen surges foward. Haste and Visualization of the BodyHe is like a blur, his movement honed like a blade and every step made in precision. He races past the gnoll too busy grabbing his crotch to care about him and nearly forgets about Thkot-Tal until the big creature snakes up the wall all of the sudden. Fandrik calls a warning to Dullen but the monk already sees it's monsterous rise. Hector and Grak'ark move in after the speeding monk, trying to keep close but not able to catch up with him. Hector reaches out to grab the soul of the insect (what little it may have) and he feels some small slither of a thread to pull. The Man of Irori races past the climbing insect, feels it's legs try to grab for him, jumps and rolls to avoid the attack. Gracefully he comes back up running towards Trevis mutated face, blood still dripping from Hector's cleave.

"C'mon. C'mon!!!"

Dullen heads straight for him with their father's sword leading the way. But he darts left to E39 instead of F39 where the torch rested and where his brother was waited. To describe Trevis's look of disappointment can not be written. He was leering when Dullen came to meet him, elated even, but when Dullen unexpectedly went north his face dropped and his eyes squinted murderously. Still clutching his crossbow in one stiff, muscled hand (the curse of the Harbinger still haunting his body), he tries to use the crossbow to ward off an attack "Damn!" but it's not suited for the purpose. Dullen lashes out with his sword and reopens the wound that was just healed, branded armor broken from Dragonwing and giving easy access to Dullen's cold iron. Trevis feels his skin run cold as Sharpen opens up his insides.

Cracks open up under Dullen's feet, riddling the floor in ripples. There is a loud crunch. 'What is this? What was that all about?' Sharpen in hand, Dullen's sixth sense tells him he is in trouble.

right-aligned image
That's when Grak'ark comes speeding into combat after Dullen, going for Trevis too. The image of the dog is not one but two, twins racing across the ground in unison like mirror pups. Their four paws smack the stone in unison, barely touching the surface as they try to catch up with the fast monk. He passes the one gnoll still clutching his crotch from Fandrik, the giant centipede trying recover after attacking Dullen, and the gnoll chanting in the middle of it. They all ignore his passing.

Dullen goes to E39, which Grak'ark also didn't expect, and looks to attack Trevis in F39 instead. That's when he sees the growing cracks in the ground. Dullen, in his need to confront his brother, almost walked into a trap! marked XThe ground beneath the torch begins to give as Grak'ark comes to a sudden, screeching stop before he the ground breaks and he falls in... whatever lies below. The stone beneath the dropped torch in front of Trevis falls into emptiness below. The torch rolls and vanishes below with a whoooosh as it extinuishes from the rush of air. The floor within the dotted square is falling inward towards the XThe cracks continue to grow.

"Ahhhh HaHaHahaha" grumbles the Carrion King to the south, hidden in the shadows.

Grak'ark turns tactics and instead chants. The confused gnoll looks at the dog like he's a God of the Beast and tries to encourage the talking animal to join his call. Grak'ark growls as his muscles plumpen and build- becoming a lean and powerful four-legged creature.

Drusilla and Hector know nothing of the almost sprung trap as they give each other a knowing glance. Press on. Hector cuts his gaze to his fellow escaped slave. "Deal with this one, Abd."

Pass the pleading, crotch grabbing gnoll ("Ahh!! Owww. Ahhh!") and try to mow down the Carrion Guards left behind by Trevis and the King. Dru goes to the left while the Captain goes to the right, the two northerners working together like clockwork as they close in on #15the carrion guard unreached by Grak's word of Confusion. Still weilding a longbow he is caught off guard. The bardiche is wide and low, swinging near Hector's hip as his own sword comes cleaving downward at the same target. The carrion guard not effected by the druid grits his teeth and folds his round ears back as he finds the world goes sideways, slamming into the ground. She's disappointed when Hector's comes down HARD on the the carrion guard but Hector trips on his own bare feet (bloody from some point during running around) and it bites rock instead of flesh. Captain Grimm hisses a growl and peels steel back up from cut stone to readjust his attack.

#14The chanting guard does not notice any of this, keeping his bow high.

Chant continues. It echoes off the walls from the south. They bat their feet like drums, throats grow hoarse from strain.

Abd moves in for the crotch grabbing priest as the gnoll finally recovers his self and reaches for his dropped axe, huffing. The young fisherman swings the rapier stolen from his captors and it drives right into the shoulder the priest, cutting open black fur vestment and missing the splint mail by an inch. He bites neck with metal. "I got him." whispers the young escaped slave between clenched teeth. "HaHA!" cries Fandrik.

He raises his voice to let Hector know. "I got him!!!!!"

That's when #17the Painted One comes out of the mists, oiled muscles moving in unison as he carries a great rusted axe into two clenched fists. His clownish makeup drips in beads of various colors as he winds up and attacks the first pafe that is unlucky enough to in his view: Abd al Bari. He winds his body and delivers a devastating blow to the poor young man without the boy even knowing it was coming. Never again will he see his family. Never again will he see the sparkling ocean. His eyes were directly on Hector's balding white head when the axe relieves Abd his head from his body. Skulls along the wall slide sideways and Fandrik's face, eyes wide as the halfling witnesses the young man lose his life, is noted dimmly somewhere in his flickering mind. Abd al Bari doesn't understand as his brain processes those last few seconds and he's laying on the ground, mouth working. For once, he's free. He's finally free. The lids of his decapitated head half close and final darkness is fast and sweet, the red and greed painted feet of #17Ekk-Lakk the last thing he ever sees.

Just as Rovagug wants it: Gone.

right-aligned image
Blood splatters onto Fandrik's face and if he didn't blink Abd's blood would have blinded him. More gnolls are pouring out of the mists led by this crazy, insane, colorful beast of a warrior. Was this the one that sang? Are they now dead?

More gnolls pour out after the Painted One. They wear masks of animals and draped in crazy furs with various colors. Except one, who had control of the lot and had a white and shining weapon floating near his body like a phantom companion. That one, #18Rohekk, looks directly at Fandirk as the blood drips off the halfling's beard and spectacular hat.

"At last, we are upon the scumbloods. Forth, wretches, tear their flesh from their bones. No one rests until the walls are coloured crimson with their blood. Slay them, or it will be your flesh that I offer up to Rovagug this day."

He lets out a large snarl, then glares pointedly towards Fandrik.

"Start with the little one."

He extends his left hand at Fandrik and the glowing, floating axe shoots towards the swashbuckler like a demonic raven, as Rok would dive to claim a soul. "Wait. What?" Fandrik falls back as he's faced with magical axe floating above him. It shoots down as if a spirit mashed it down at his face, slashing his cheek (3dmg). He backs off in a crabcrawl as it comes down again and it hits thin air. "Whoa." He picks his self back up in the same space, eyes watching but that confidence is quick in his stance again. He wiggles that wonderful mustache but sees half a dozen priests, all with horrid masks, exit the mist after him. They all have eyes for Fandrik as they chant and pray to the Beast. One casts a shield spell and another casts the same spell on his self. Either way: Goat, horse, hyena, human, and gnoll masks all look to Fandrik as their next target with empty cut-out eyes.

The rusted machine of war wines at is grows in speed, throwing sparks and flapping leather straps in a heart breaking speed. What is to happen now?

The cracks on the ground continues to build. It crunches under Dullen and Grak'ark as they look down with some alarm. In seconds the floor will break underneath them. It feels just like the battle a year ago when they fought above the ancient snake statue in the Brazen Peak canyons.

Trevis laid out a trap for Dullen, he knew that his brother would come for him, but the fact that the monk wouldn't step into the very square he had ready was completely unexpected. No matter. The battle isn't over. He points his chin at Dullen and growls in gnoll. "Shove him in." The #13carrion initiate weilding the wand nods, understandingly and positions his self to the north. He then tries to push Dullen into the trap, forcebullay with his axe. The moment the gnoll touched Dullen's forearm he knows what is happening and slashes the animal mask of the priest for even trying. The musky disguise falls apart instantly under his sword and 7 dmgrips the gnolls' face. Hurt, the priest tries to push Dullen into the opening, and cracking pit but Dullen shoves off his axe, the bull rush failing.

"No matter." Trevis backs off from the growing cracks in the floor (5-foot step) and he raises the crossbow up to his brother and pulls the trigger. "Goodbye brother."

The bolt screams towards Dullen- and not just figuratively. It SCREAMS.

An ear piercing screech follows the bolt, magical in nature. White waves follow it's wake as it drives towards Dullen's head but he brings his sword up right on time when he shoves away the gnoll from pushing him toward the pit. Attacks are coming from every direction, his motions are fluid and so fast it's hard to even observe. The bolt snaps off his sword and rattles to the ground, twirling. Three of the elven maidens clap their hands over their pointed ears, stifling their screams. The Carrion King doesn't even notice. He watches this show with hungry eyes. What a show. What... a.. Show!!

The mighty Thkot-Tal missed the fast prey and it snakes up the wall. Clack-clack-clack-clack-kakakakakaaCK. It's hard body snaps against the stone like rows of shields and Fandrik watches it rise. It sees the closest prey and sees quick movement.

As Drusilla lunges forward to Dmg 11deliver a strike, true and violent, so does the stinger. Directly at her back, foaming poisoning ready to make that lithe body more rigid, for it is best to toughen the meat. Drusilla grits her teeth Dmg 2 DEX, poisonbut doesn't dare take the precious time to pull the needles from her back.

It is time to feed, and no mist can save them now.

Drusilla (shaken for 1 round) was already under a lot of stress and the screech throws her completely off her game. She doesn't know what that was, she never saw the shot. A banshee? A demon, her gray eyes search the room and sees skulls, demons, death, chaos. Memories of her old nation flash through her mind. Attacks from the back, attacks from the front, the chaos of war all around.

Qatal, qatal -qasamna, qas--- waaa!

The chanting and confused #14gnoll squeezes his ears shut from the screech. He peels his closed eyes open, even more confused and now shaken like Drusilla. What just happened? He was chanting to help the other gnolls... but what is in his hand? A bow? What was I doing? What was that sound?! The carrion guard tries to understand these circumstances and realizes he is the middle of a battle but is unable to act as he tries figure out the situation.

Now we enter the next round. The King watches all of this. He is older than anyone else here fighting (discounting the elves) and never has anyone come so close as Almah's fighters and these escaped slaves in challenging his power. He pets the elf's fine hair after she covered her ears from the screeching bolt.

"Let's see what happens" he purrs as she sobs into her hands, broken.

Just as Rovagug wants it.

DM Notes
left-aligned image

• Drusilla, Hector, and Fandrik are all sickened
    The character takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks.

• Corpses:
    - Depth is 10 feet.
    - Swim (DC15, full or move action) check required to wade through the dead.
    - PCs require a move action to reach the surface.
    - Climb (DC15, move action) is need to climb the wall out of the surface of the dead. The wall is 10'.
    - Moving normally on top of the dead is considered rough terrain.

• Darkness:
    In an area of dim light, a character can see somewhat. Creatures within this area have concealment (20% miss chance in combat) from those without darkvision or the ability to see in darkness.

Combat Modifiers

Maps

Last edited by PIG; 05-07-2019 at 09:10 PM.
Old 05-01-2019, 05:04 PM
Big Piggy Pig Big Pig!

Tools
User Statistics