RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Hall of Fame > Hall of Fame Games > Legacy of Fire
twitter google facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #91  
Old 08-23-2016, 08:32 PM
ShinobiMaster123's Avatar
ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-16-2019
RPXP: 6637
ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123
Posts: 3,656


Dullen looks up at the lions with Knowledge : Planes -
Dice Roll:
1d20+5 (19)+5 Total = 24
wonder. A flash of recognition hits his eyes as he realizes what they are. "Hmm.. I don`t remember hearing about these types of lions before, but do you see how their shadows dance about, I suspect they may come from another plane of existance, one baked in shadows."

Dullen sees the lions looking at them and sees that this may lead to some sort of confrontation. He takes the opportunity to get some defense together before this pride of lions descends upon them. He takes out a wand and makes some gestures as he says, "Irori grants me the power of complete Touch of Law .. Use Magic Item Class ability 24 Roll .. Uses wand as 4th level..understanding, I call upon the power of the arcane to Use magic item
Dice Roll:
1d20+13sch20 (10)+13 Total = 23
protect me.


A shimmering field of Mage Armorforce surrounds Dullen.

Dullen looks up at the lions and tries to get an idea of their Sense Motive
Dice Roll:
1d20+13 (5)+13 Total = 18
intentions. "I don`t see an agressive intention, maybe we should take a route to circumvent them to the gate. Seems that we are all a litttle sleep deprived, so let's try to keep our wits about us for now."

 


__________________
Live each day as it was your last, for one day you will be correct

Last edited by ShinobiMaster123; 08-24-2016 at 10:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 08-23-2016, 10:47 PM
Squeak's Avatar
Squeak Squeak is online now
Of the Fartnocker Clan
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-17-2019
RPXP: 33172
Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak
Posts: 11,825
Option B
left-aligned image
When Drusilla asks if his spell will work on magical beasts, Grak simply shrugs non-commitally. He honestly didn't know the answer to the question, for he had never tried the spell before. "We'll know if it works soon after we enter."

Shaking his head, he adds "As for the lions that speak, I do not know. Lions do not live in the desert, they are like legends to me. I believe the came from another plane, but whether that makes them less of an animal I do not know."

 

Last edited by Squeak; 08-23-2016 at 10:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 08-24-2016, 04:52 AM
PIG's Avatar
PIG PIG is online now
Big Piggy Pig Big Pig!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-17-2019
RPXP: 26154
PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG
Posts: 18,749
DM Summary: Exploration
left-aligned image
House of the Beast: Day 1
Gozran 11 4710 – Starday

Sunrise 6:30AM | 8:00PM Sunset
(7:01AM)

Current Weather
Temperature: Cold
Wind: Calm

Pace
None

General Land Type
Mountainous Rocky Desert



Marudshar
Grak'ark Nature Knowledge Check (Take 10): 13
Grak'ark knows almost all the animals of Brazen Peaks and these lions seem far from natural. He senses their supernatural power bleeding into the landscape.

Drusilla Perspective Check (Rolled): 16
Drusilla notices that the lions do not stray too far from the structures. They keep within 100' of the gateway and surrounding statues. They might wonder a distance from the location but stop and lay down to relax close to the pride if they do.

Dullen Plane Knowledge Check (Rolled): 24
Though these lions speak in Abyssal and have a sense of evil about them, they do not seem to be from the abyss. Creatures native to that Plane are wrenched and twisted mockeries of the real word, with cracked skin and glowing eyes.

But he does note that their shadows bend and weave like water. He suspects that they are lightly tied to the Shadow Plane somehow. These creatures are unique to this land and he has never read about them before, so that is all he can tell.

If he touches one of the lions he might be able to find out more with the aid of Irori.

Dullen Sense Motive Check (Rolled): 18
From what Dullen can tell the lions do not show any violence towards the PCs. They do not organize their selves and hunch down like lions do when stalking or waiting for prey. In fact, the lions seem to have gotten bored, fast, with the group and go back to watching the horizon.

Options
The Sinister Cleave up ahead winds up the canyon side and vanishes from sight around the bend of the sheer wall of rock. It is a good 10' wide and the PCs can comfortably traverse it from this point two abreast.

1) The two lions that had sat in their way just stare at the PCs without moving. They might might be able to circumnavigate the lions if they go the long way around and the lions remain where they are, getting to the gate.

2) Drusilla looks up the cliffs of the canyon and how shear they are and she can't see a way around this whole location to get further down the path. If they spend a two hours and do some climbing (Climb DC15) they might find another route further back (Geography DC20) through the craggy canyons and meet up with the path past this point at the gate.



It is the red morning of Starday and the PCs have been awake all day since the morning some twenty-four hours ago. The meeting last night along with racing to Pale Mountain has robbed them of their sleep and they feel a bit of that fatigue after their mad rush to the Sinister Cleave.

If they press on they will later suffer from the early stages of sleep deprivation (they will enter Stage 1 by Sunday morning), but get to the House of the Beast much earlier than expected. Do they go search for a camping ground, take some hours of rest in the hot desert heat before continuing, or do they press forward?


Combat Modifiers
 

The Sinister Cleave
 
__________________
PIG's Next Legacy of Fire Post: Wednesday May 8th

Last edited by PIG; 08-24-2016 at 04:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 08-24-2016, 12:54 PM
ekidnu's Avatar
ekidnu ekidnu is offline
Nargle
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-16-2019
RPXP: 28566
ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu
Posts: 6,968
Drusilla
left-aligned image
Drusilla nods at the cleric, impressed by his knowledge—he is like a walking bestiary. She says nothing though, and instead motions for the others to follow as she walks away from the canyon, to a shaded area well out of the lions’ view. Once there she sits down, stretching out and resting her legs as she leans against the still cool rock. In a low, secretive voice she outlines her plan.

“Nightfall’s no good, especially if your spell is not sure to work.” Her gaze flits from Grak to Dullen, acknowledging that the lions are likely not of this world, then returns to the gnoll. “We’d be wasting daylight. Remember, we can’t see in the dark. And I don’t want lights in the night revealing our presence,” she adds to forestall the obvious objection. “I know we’re tired, but we can rest during the afternoon heat, after we gain more distance.”

She glances over in the direction of the canyon. “Stealth is key. So one of us sneaks past the lions, invisible. Don’t need to go far—the beasts seem to stay close to the ruins, as if bound to them as guardians. The rest of us will be carried along ...” The fighter gives the lamp dangling from her belt a meaningful tap. Even so, she frowns openly, not bothering to hide her misgivings about this plan. The random time differential is an unknown she would rather not deal with, an unknown that might leave one party member alone and exposed for an indeterminate amount of time, but she can’t think of any good alternative, unless …

“Unless you have enough magic to make us all invisible?” She looks squarely at the ifrit, then adds, “We should also conceal our scent, if possible.”

 
__________________
Travel season: No posts during Jun 20-27, Jul 13-19, Aug 9-23, Sep 4-25
Distorted Keep | Carrion Crown | Legacy of Fire | The Lost Coast
The Art of the Two Paragraph Post
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 08-24-2016, 01:10 PM
Squeak's Avatar
Squeak Squeak is online now
Of the Fartnocker Clan
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-17-2019
RPXP: 33172
Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak
Posts: 11,825
The Scent of a Woman
left-aligned image
"We don't know if the spell will work or not, but if we leave now it will be a moot point, since I do not have it prepared.

As for the invisibility, well..."
Grak says, pausing to consider the proper words before continuing.

"You are thinking like a human. Lions are not humans, they are predators. They can smell what they cannot see." he explains.

"I have a spell that can also negate aromanegate scent, but It must be cast at the same time. And I can use the gift of the goddess to turn myself invisible. If you want more spells than that, we will need to wait for nightfall." he explains.


 

Last edited by Squeak; 08-24-2016 at 01:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 08-25-2016, 07:24 PM
aerondor's Avatar
aerondor aerondor is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-09-2018
RPXP: 11142
aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor
Posts: 10,655
Current Situation
left-aligned image
Omacui ibn Ishan

Omacui squats down while the others talk. If truth be told, he was glad of the rest. A year of doing little more than sitting on his behind had softened the warrior and while he was pleased to be back on the road again, it would take a bit of time for his fitness to return.

He gazed at the lions, noting how the shadows bent oddly around them - in a similar way perhaps to how they bent oddly around himself.

Nynetjer, what do you make of these lions? Could they be a threat to you? Or could you talk with them and convince them to allow us passage?

He waits patiently, looking up at the mountains, and allowing his eyes to follow the line of the rocks,
Dice geography:
1d20+4 (16)+4 Total = 20
seeking for any alternative route that may allow the lions to be avoided.

Finally he speaks. "With preparation, I too can mask my scent from the lions."

For a moment he pauses then adds quietly "The mother of redemption offers many gifts to those who would ask."

 

Last edited by aerondor; 08-25-2016 at 07:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 08-26-2016, 01:21 AM
ShinobiMaster123's Avatar
ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-16-2019
RPXP: 6637
ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123
Posts: 3,656


Dullen puts the wand away and calls upon one of Irori's minor gifts, "Irori, please guide my thoughts as we face another decision.". Dullen looks about and tries to Geography
Dice Roll:
1d20+6 (16)+6 Total = 22
figure out how long it would take to get through the cleave.

Dullen goes over to Omacui and Drusilla, "So, what do you think? How long do you think it will take to get through here> In my opinion will take approximately 3 days to hike to the Pale Mountain.

We left so soon after the meeting, I figured we wouldn't have had time to get a proper sleep, I had prayed for one of Irori's blessed gifts. We can rest for 2 hours and it will be like we had a full night's rest. I can only ask for this gift, but once a week. Let me know when would be a good time for this. Also I purchased a magical rope to assist us with any climbing we might need to do."


 


__________________
Live each day as it was your last, for one day you will be correct

Last edited by ShinobiMaster123; 08-27-2016 at 04:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 08-26-2016, 02:20 PM
PIG's Avatar
PIG PIG is online now
Big Piggy Pig Big Pig!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-17-2019
RPXP: 26154
PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG
Posts: 18,749
DM Summary: Exploration
left-aligned image
House of the Beast: Day 1
Gozran 11 4710 – Starday

Sunrise 6:30AM | 8:00PM Sunset
(7:01AM)

Current Weather
Temperature: Cold
Wind: Calm

Pace
None

General Land Type
Mountainous Rocky Desert



Marudshar
Geography Knowledge (Rolled) 22
According to Dullen and Omacui, who have both spent time in these mountains, the hike through the mountains will take three days along this trail to get to Pale Mountain, around mid-afternoon on Toilday.


Combat Modifiers
 

The Sinister Cleave
 
__________________
PIG's Next Legacy of Fire Post: Wednesday May 8th
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 08-27-2016, 01:06 AM
Admin TeufelHeunden's Avatar
Admin TeufelHeunden Admin TeufelHeunden is offline
Ars artis gratia
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-10-2019
RPXP: 24911
Admin TeufelHeunden Admin TeufelHeunden Admin TeufelHeunden Admin TeufelHeunden Admin TeufelHeunden Admin TeufelHeunden Admin TeufelHeunden Admin TeufelHeunden Admin TeufelHeunden Admin TeufelHeunden Admin TeufelHeunden
Posts: 11,979
Remkah`ar
left-aligned image


Remkah’ar is noticeably quiet on the path up to the gate, his mind distracted as he struggles with the gnawing feeling of déjŕ vu everywhere he turns. He is not sure if it is his mind playing tricks on him or if indeed these thoughts are real. It takes most of the trip for him to grow comfortable and shake the feeling. He hopes this is not something that will persist.

When they reach the gate, he peers at the pride of lions fitfully noticing an empty feeling in the pit of his stomach. He grows restless wondering if they will attack as the two approached. When they stopped and laid down watching the group, he closed his eyes and took in a slow calming breath. He had never seen creatures such as these, and when the one spoke the low, quiet voice in its guttural tones seemed to shake the ground they stood upon.

He remained quiet listening to the others speak, there already appeared to be too many hadis, each with their own plan and he was not going to add to the gaggle of ideas with his own foolish thoughts. They were better at this than him, that is why he hired Gazouq and Pandrecha those years before when he needed to pass this range of mountains to find this ring. They knew these things better than him. He looked down and twisted the ring on his finger. The thought that both Vardishal and Jhavhul had at one time been prisoners to this very ring, and both had fought upon these lands in the War of Wishes made him light headed as he caught himself rocking back and forth in an almost unconscious sway. He let go of the ring and brought himself back to where they were.

Here they stood at the gate to the Sinister Cleave, in a few days they would be at the House of the Beast attempting to stop the destruction of this world as they all knew it. The task was immense but as he calmed himself and listened, and thought about what they had already accomplished his strength returned. They stood a better chance than any force that could be sent on this quest to succeed.

He heard Drusilla mention invisibility and caught her eye, knowing she was calling on him for that magic. Suddenly he felt useful again, “Aye Drusilla, I have enough power in me to grant that upon everyone, and the ability to communicate quietly as well.” As he listened to the plan, he went to everyone and cast his spell upon them so they could talk softly without the need to shout to each other.

As they were finalizing the plan, he gathered his magic so that he could cast invisibility on the others as they were about to step off one by one and make it out to the gate. He hoped the plan would work to get past the pride. He knew deep down that this pride of unnatural lions would not be the only obstacle they would face on the way to the House of the Beast, but he would still have magic left after this, and if they rested then he could recover what he used here for future battles.


 
__________________
My apologies to all I game with, going through some challenging times with RL at the moment but I am still here and will persavere. TY for your Patience.
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 08-27-2016, 10:17 AM
ekidnu's Avatar
ekidnu ekidnu is offline
Nargle
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-16-2019
RPXP: 28566
ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu
Posts: 6,968
Drusilla
left-aligned image
“Good.” Drusilla nods as each of her companions contributes to their plan; unlike the chaotic struggle of wills she had first encountered with this group, they now work together, like her Lions Rampant of old. Lions. How ironic. She pokes her spyglass around a boulder to peer at the shaggy beasts, to ensure that Take 10 on Perception for 20 to check for trapsnothing else guards the entrance to the canyon.

She outlines the plan to sneak past the lions: Grak would first Negate Aromanullify their scent and Pass without Traceconceal their tracks; Rem would cast invisibility on them, one at a time, except for Grak who also knows the spell; they would leave at staggered intervals—Omacui as the lead, to test the sands as it were, then herself, Dullen, Rem, and Grak as rearguard; if all goes well, they would regroup when the invisibility spell wears off, over a thousand feet further down the canyon, and well beyond the lions’ senses.

 


 
__________________
Travel season: No posts during Jun 20-27, Jul 13-19, Aug 9-23, Sep 4-25
Distorted Keep | Carrion Crown | Legacy of Fire | The Lost Coast
The Art of the Two Paragraph Post

Last edited by ekidnu; 08-27-2016 at 10:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 09-03-2016, 08:52 PM
PIG's Avatar
PIG PIG is online now
Big Piggy Pig Big Pig!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-17-2019
RPXP: 26154
PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG
Posts: 18,749
DM Summary: Exploration
left-aligned image
House of the Beast: Day 1
Gozran 11 4710 – Starday

Sunrise 6:30AM | 8:00PM Sunset
(7:45AM)

Current Weather
Temperature: Cold
Wind: Calm

Pace
None

General Land Type
Mountainous Rocky Desert



Marudshar

Nynetjer
Nynetjer, what do you make of these lions? Could they be a threat to you? Or could you talk with them and convince them to allow us passage? The sun beams across the mountain ranges as the group talk in a circle in the shade, far from the gateway up the path, as Omacui speaks inwardly with his passenger.

'I don't speak their language, Lord Omacui, but I can try in a few of the languages I do know if you would like. I don't know if they can hurt me. When I was trapped within the Beast for all those years nothing could ever happen to me, but these lions are different. They are here but, when I shift, I see them in the world of the shadows too.'

Nynetjer has mentioned to this to Omacui before, no doubt, in the long year of having the boy always near while toiling in the office in his home in Kelmarane. The 'world of shadows' is the Shadow Plane. Connected to the Material Plane through the Ethereal Plane, much of the Shadow Plane has similar, but distorted, features that can be found in the corresponding place within the Material Plane. Nynetjer says it is like their surroundings but tinted and muted, a dimmed copy of the world absent of people. He can shift between those two planes at will but he doesn't like going there, afraid that he might be trapped in that empty world forever.

But on topic, it seems that these lions exit both in the Prime Material and the Shadow Plane in the same time.

Spellcasting
The group is ready. As planned Remkah'ar the sorcerer and Grak'ark the gnoll druid chant in their own languages to begin preparation. Remkah'ar's spell is a little simpler than Grak's, using only a small pebble of copper and a few quick verbal and somatic components. The copper dissolves in his red tinted hand as the spell triggers and there is a strange wobbling sound that Rem has never heard before. For a moment everyone is deaf. Then Dullen speaks to ask what happened and everyone can hear him speak loudly in their ears, the opposite of the whisper they usually hear from the spell. Everyone's hearing returns and the spell evaporates as if never cast.

Grak'ark, who was concentrating on the spell, sprinkles alum into the air and completes his spell. The powdered mineral dissolves like usual but then there is a horrid (or tasty to Grak) smell of sulfur and rot for a second. Then the smell of pesh. Then nothing. Grak'ark sniffs his forearm loudly and smells the oils of his fur and the metal of his gear.

Both Message and Negate Aroma went haywire and then stopped working right away. Something is wrong with the magic here...

What do they do now?



Combat Modifiers
 

The Sinister Cleave
 
__________________
PIG's Next Legacy of Fire Post: Wednesday May 8th

Last edited by PIG; 09-03-2016 at 08:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 09-03-2016, 09:41 PM
Squeak's Avatar
Squeak Squeak is online now
Of the Fartnocker Clan
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-17-2019
RPXP: 33172
Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak
Posts: 11,825
An
left-aligned image
Grak'Ark stops as he looks at Rem, an unusual looks coming across his face.

"You smell." he says, taking a moment to absorb the information, his eyes widening with the realization.

"You SMELL." he growls again. Realizing the truth of the matter, the gnoll pulls his terbuje and his shield in front of him.

"The magic here is not... right. Our spells are compromised, because of this - place. We cannot sneak any longer, the only option left is to run or fight. We should move quickly, if we want to survive, for there is little gain from fighting beasts such as this." he barks at Drusilla, waiting for the hadis to command the others to follow his order.

 

Last edited by Squeak; 09-03-2016 at 10:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 09-04-2016, 01:13 AM
ekidnu's Avatar
ekidnu ekidnu is offline
Nargle
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-16-2019
RPXP: 28566
ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu
Posts: 6,968
Drusilla
left-aligned image
Drusilla frowns when it becomes clear that their magic will not work in this place. However, though she shares the gnoll’s concern, she does not share his urgency—she holds up a hand and turns to face Dullen and Remkah`ar. She has lived all her life without magic, using her weapons and her wits to survive, but she wonders if the two casters will crumble without their spells—the last thing they need now are liabilities.

“Can you do without magic?” she asks them, then glances towards the Sinister Cleave, her fingers tightening around her bardiche in apprehension. “We don’t know how long this may last. The entire canyon might be warded against magic.” She pauses, considering, then puts the decision to the pair. “Would you take the other path?"

Something still bothers her though, something besides the failure of the spells. She moves tentatively into the rough brush nearby, paying close attention to the Feather Step Slippers. She’s trying to determine if they still allow her to ignore difficult terrain. In essence, she wants to know if magic items are affected too.magical slippers on her feet, then looks up at the group. In case Longstrider or Endure Elements or something else was cast before they reached the canyon—I want to check if this place just negates casting new spells, or negates all existing magic.The spells you cast earlier—do they still work?”


 
__________________
Travel season: No posts during Jun 20-27, Jul 13-19, Aug 9-23, Sep 4-25
Distorted Keep | Carrion Crown | Legacy of Fire | The Lost Coast
The Art of the Two Paragraph Post
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 09-05-2016, 12:39 AM
PIG's Avatar
PIG PIG is online now
Big Piggy Pig Big Pig!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-17-2019
RPXP: 26154
PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG
Posts: 18,749
DM Summary: Exploration
left-aligned image
House of the Beast: Day 1
Gozran 11 4710 – Starday

Sunrise 6:30AM | 8:00PM Sunset
(7:45AM)

Current Weather
Temperature: Cold
Wind: Calm

Pace
None

General Land Type
Mountainous Rocky Desert



MarudsharSpellcasting
Drusilla walks into the rough terrain off the beaten path and the slippers still work, allowing her to step through potholes and cacti like she was walking down a street in Kelmarane. Omacui confirms that he can still move with the longstrider, his steps magically enhanced by the simple trick, and everyone with Endure Elements still feel pleasantly cool and hydrated. What ever is happening, it indeed seems to interfere spells being cast rather than ones in their current duration.

Do they head back to the Sinister Cleave and attempt to get to the gate?


Combat Modifiers
 

The Sinister Cleave
 
__________________
PIG's Next Legacy of Fire Post: Wednesday May 8th

Last edited by PIG; 09-05-2016 at 12:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 09-05-2016, 02:35 AM
PIG's Avatar
PIG PIG is online now
Big Piggy Pig Big Pig!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-17-2019
RPXP: 26154
PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG
Posts: 18,749
DM Summary: Exploration
left-aligned image
House of the Beast: Day 1
Gozran 11 4710 – Starday

Sunrise 6:30AM | 8:00PM Sunset
(7:50AM)

Current Weather
Temperature: Cold
Wind: Calm

Pace
None

General Land Type
Mountainous Rocky Desert



MarudsharSpellcasting
The chelish fighter has had practicality and utility tempered into her personality by both her family and her culture, so Drusilla approaches the problem just as that. Carefully testing the gears of the obstacle, seeing how all the wheels fit together and make the bigger picture move.

Casting small cantrips along as they backtrack back towards the village, they find that spell casting does work more than half the time (DC20 Caster Level Check) even if they are close to the gate, but the results (even if successful and the caster level is beaten) are warped in some way. Dullen had successful cast create water but it was purple and tasted slightly alcoholic. Remkah'ar cast Message again and it worked fine but in the distance they could hear the prayer of Sarenrae being sung in a whisper.

Sometimes when a spell works it abruptly stops working before its duration. There is no pattern that they can see from it. It would have been truly awkward if they cast invisibility and the spell suddenly ended while sneaking in the middle of the pride.

They got about a 5 minute walk from the gate and the spells seem to be working like normal.

Secret Text for: Dullen
 




Combat Modifiers
 

The Sinister Cleave
 
__________________
PIG's Next Legacy of Fire Post: Wednesday May 8th
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:41 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB